Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos (41327 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Remi009: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nigeria has recorded another Ebola case, the Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, said Monday.

Mr. Chukwu​ ​​said the new case is the fiance of one of the primary contacts of the index case, Patrick Sawyer.

Mr. Sawyer is the Liberian-American who brought the virus to Nigeria late July.

Mr. Chukwu said the primary contact had, however, made a fully recovery.

Th​e new case brings the total number of Ebola cases in Nigeria to 19 with seven people dead from the disease while 10 others have recovered, the minister said.

He also noted that the sister of the Port Harcourt doctor, Ikechukwu Enemuo, who treated one of Mr. Sawyer’s primary contact in a hotel secretly, has fully recovered and been discharged.

Mr. Chukwu said with the latest developments, the total number of people under surveillance in Lagos have reduced to 27 while Port Harcourt has 477.

He also said that five people have been discharged from the Port Harcourt isolation center following completion of the 21 days observation period.

He dispelled rumo​u​rs of ​an​ outbreak of the disease in any other state or city in Nigeria, outside of Lagos and Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

He ​said​ Nigeria ​currently ​ha​s only one Ebola patient — the wife of Mr. Enemuo — whom he said was already recovering and would soon be discharged.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167860-lagos-records-another-%E2%80%8Bebola-%E2%80%8Bcase.html#sthash.iBpqYv8x.dpbs

[img]http://3.bp..com/-sxPKJUbxQ5M/VA2OfX88dxI/AAAAAAADf3I/3xcT2izkn8U/s280/1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-UUd_SrRjeKQ/VA2Of59RoOI/AAAAAAADf3M/KxBd9ZqfeK8/s1600/a.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-Fi63-mzPgIU/VA2OgwBKlwI/AAAAAAADf3Y/QGgIFK5sC0s/s1600/b.png[/img]
The Special Assistant to the Minister of Health on Media and Communication, Dan Nwomeh took to twitter to share some of the statements the minister made during a press conference held earlier today Sept. 8th. There's a new confirmed Ebola case in Lagos and the sister of late Port Harcourt doctor, Enemoah, has been discharged.
See more tweets after the break...
[img]http://4.bp..com/-nO1kPKWrcso/VA2Oh8GsRRI/AAAAAAADf3g/ZNG20yQ_Cdk/s1600/3.png[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-8x2dSjlI4z4/VA2OjoSznKI/AAAAAAADf3o/Og88ieTSRZ4/s1600/2.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-h65lPTWYUmo/VA2OkOoCGNI/AAAAAAADf3s/n7S_g1WYxrM/s1600/1.png[/img]

http://www..com/2014/09/another-ebola-case-confirmed-in-lagos.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by searay(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Just heard it on AIT. I know that Nigeria will overcome this. Amen.

[size=15pt]MODIFIED[/size]
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Finally
So this is how it is?
Thank you OP for creating this thread.
Thank you MOD for moving this thread to FP.
Thank you Seun for creating NL.
Thank you Jeito for your shared post which prompted me to achieved this feat.
Thank you to my junior bros for not provoking me today(22/09/2014 is your day)
Thank you airtel for making your 2GB equivalent to 1GB.
Thank you PDP
Thank you APC
Thank you Boko Haram for distracting Nlders to create this chance for me.
Thank you Ebola( If not you, I wouldn't have made it but do quick and leave our country)
Thank you thank you thank you .

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by lilprinze: 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Does Nigeria now have Zmapp because all I hear is cases have been successfully managed and patients have been discharged. Abeg what are they taking to manage it?

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by obamartins(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ebola dey mad? e no know where come say naa wrong number e dial. Good News.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by JEITO: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
These guys that have had contact with primary suspects, should be kept longer in quarantine...even up to a month for close monitoring just incase the sy$ptoms delay manifestation shocked

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is the last Ebola case in Nigeria.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Amanwulu1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
nigeria shall surely overcome ebola.

MODIFIED
To God b d Glory for not forsaking us.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by angelTI(f): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
I thought Ebola we are done with Ebola in Lagos....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by yousouphe(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
I pray this ebola doesn't manifest later, cuz we ve been hearing successfuly managed and discharged without the presssumed vaccine that works for ebola ,now US is praising Nigeria the same US that refused us their ZMAPP isn't this questionable ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by eemalex(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lagos would surely get past it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by radiorebel(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
Not again

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ddooskie(m): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
"I'm not afraid" in Eminem's voice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
yousouphe: I pray this ebola doesn't manifest later, cuz we ve been hearing successfuly managed and discharged without the presssumed vaccine that works for ebola ,now US is praising Nigeria the same US that refused us their ZMAPP isn't this questionable ?

Thank you!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
title misleading

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is worrisome to read.

May we be protected from this deadly disease.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by anonimi: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good and very encouraging OFFICIAL updates necessary to reduce stigma and discourage panic among our largely uneducated public.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
lilprinze: Does Nigeria now have Zmapp because all I hear is cases have been successfully managed and patients have been discharged. Abeg what are they taking to manage it?

This is why I fear Nigerians greatly. There innate ability to hide the truth. UK France and US are open about the drugs they have and how they are made and the effects on their patients. But Nigerians. No they won't say a word. Tomorrow you will hear that 20 new cases have been confirmed and we would start asking questions. Thanks for asking this one now bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Rapsainot(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
kennydee05: Lagos will surely overcome it and it will surely be the last Ebola case that will be reported in Nigeria.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Am Going Their now to Confarm it wink

34 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by datguru: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chai
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by djeezy(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
New confirmed case again? how did it come about? And the woman who was discharged, what drugs was used in treating her that is more effective than the so called American zmapp.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
IDC
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ebola,pack your load and go in Jesus name!!!

angry angry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by kennydee05(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lagos will surely overcome it and it will surely be the last Ebola case that will be reported in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by kunlesehan(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
How I wish and pray this 19th case is the last.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ERCROSS(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
May God help us..

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
berem: Ebola,pack your load and go in Jesus name!!!

angry angry

Amen

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by kunlesehan(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
kennydee05: Lagos will surely overcome it and it will surely be the last Ebola case that will be reported in Nigeria.
AMEN!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
I started getting scared of naija since yaradua died. They never tell the truth. Never[b][/b]. Maybe they don't want people to panic. In a situation like this, nothing should be hidden. Ok so where did this new ebola case come from? Is it from the same sawyer or a different carrier? They shouldn't give us surface gist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014

Ebola. Perfect distraction from PDP/APC 2015 brouhaha.

______
Free the gays!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Edunwa302(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
ebola has no place in nigeria its a stranger that #most go

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Moment You Had With A Nurse/Doctor? / Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. / Coconut Seller Caught Using Water In Gutter To Wash His Coconut .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.