Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? (1543 Views)

Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Effect Of Ice Cold Water During Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by SolutionsGuy: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Since my sister became pregnant, she has been having this constant and strong headache virtually every single day. She has visited two different hospitals but no way out. In her antenatal place, she’s been tested for malaria, typhoid, etc but no trace of typhoid that could cause such headache. She was treated for malaria still the headache persists. The doctors and midwives said it is not a common case, and as far as I can see, they have not solved it. Another doctor thinks it is lack of blood, so she started taking blood capsules twice a day for over two weeks yet no way. She also eats fruits and vegetable all the time and looks fresh too but this headache won't stop . . . It disturbs me so much!

Please, who has experienced such, or has a solution for this? It’s her first and in the fourth month.
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by successking401(m): 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
SolutionsGuy: Since my wife became pregnant, she has been having this constant and strong headache virtually every single day. She has visited two different hospitals but no way out. In her antenatal place, she’s been tested for malaria, typhoid, etc but no trace of typhoid that could cause such headache. She was treated for malaria still the headache persists. The doctors and midwives said it is not a common case, and as far as I can see, they have not solved it. Another doctor thinks it is lack of blood, so she started taking blood capsules twice a day for over two weeks yet no way. She also eats fruits and vegetable all the time and looks fresh too but this headache won't stop . . . It disturbs me so much!

Please, who has experienced such, or has a solution for this? It’s her first and in the fourth month.
take enough water very early in the morning.dont bother to thank me
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by bigtt76(f): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ensure that she also (in addition to earlier post) check her blood pressure constantly as well as get enough rest. She should also indulge more in fruits in form of smoothie to help reduce blood pressure. All the best.
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by sello555: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
yeah,please check her blood pressure,i have a friend who experienced it when preggy,her blood pressure was high.

1 Like

Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by SolutionsGuy: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thanks! We will work on that.
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Check both her blood pressure and blood sugar. She may have gestational diabetes.
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by okirewaju(f): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
I agree with taking enough water, it worked for me!
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Constant and severe headache (pregnancy or no pregnancy) should raise a lot of questions on the mind of any doctor....not only malaria and typhoid lipsrsealed

The fact that she's pregnant makes it a lil more worrisome.
Gestational hypertension, pre-eclapmsia, etc should be ruled out.
let her see an OBSTETRICIAN ASAP! cool

2 Likes

Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Straight to her obstetrician ASAP.Could be anything but you want to rule out the most dangerous ones esp pre eclampsia.
Had same symptoms,my bp kept creeping up steadily from booking pressure of 90/60 to 120/80 to 200/150 .

upon all the nifedipine and labetalol given to me,It just never stabilised. Had to be delivered of baby at 36 weeks.Im lucky I lasted that long.I was sick of being hooked on bp monitor and ctg all day and night plus the steroid injection.
Do not joke at all with this,you could be saving the lives of your wife and child.

1 Like

Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Babyblues: Straight to her obstetrician ASAP.Could be anything but you want to rule out the most dangerous ones esp pre eclampsia.
Had same symptoms,my bp kept creeping up steadily from booking pressure of 90/60 to 120/80 to 200/150 .

upon all the nifedipine and labetalol given to me,It just never stabilised. Had to be delivered of baby at 36 weeks.Im lucky I lasted that long.I was sick of being hooked on bp monitor and ctg all day and night plus the steroid injection.
Do not joke at all with this,you could be saving the lives of your wife and child.
yeah,had that too.though it wasn't detected on time.Had to change hospital at the 11the hour.Was on drugs till I put to bed and afterwards.OP do something asap, please take her for proper medical check up.
Re: Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
If she is tested free from maleria and the rest. let her take lots of water, her routine pregnancy folic acid and the rest ( or pregnacare) ., fruits and veges.
She needs lots of rest too.

Pls, let her do well to pretext herself from mosquito bites these periods. Not good taking all these medications during pregnancy.

Safe delivery to her.

(1) (Reply)

Side Effects of African Parenting-Are you a Victim? / 14 Weird Ways Nigerian Parents Show That They Love You / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.