Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,845 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall (48400 Views)

GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by mralabs(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
Operation stop the monster is what I term the current steps, measures and actions that is been taken by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and all other countries with cases of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD). I’m incredibly impressed with the Nigeria government’s focus on containing the spread of Ebola. The WHO said recently that with the way Nigeria was handling the outbreak, it may soon come out clean from the outbreak, and this can be attributed to our Never-Say-die and Can-Do attitude. It will interest you to know that other for-profit private organizations in the country have pulled out, what I will rather call funny but necessary steps to put EVD off their door steps.

When EVD was earlier reported in Lagos State, it was bankers turned surgeons (use of hand gloves) as seen with Union Bank staff and others. GT bank took it personal as they started pointing temperature guns at their customers before allowing them entry to banking hall for business. Access Bank has indeed joined in the implementation of these safety precautions as to prevent the spread of the virus to her staff and customers, Knowing full well the business risk involved when an Ebola case is been reported in your organisation.

Trust Nigerians, No one will ever knock to check if you’re open for business. The case of Access Bank is synonymous to that of parents to lads’ scenario before and after dinner “Junior! Princess! Get your hands washed, Dinner is set”.

Funny, you’ve to wash your hands thoroughly with sanitizer before entering the banking hall for business, actually whatever helps in containing EVD is welcomed. You’ll appreciate the pictures more. The below pictures were taken from an Access bank branch up North.

These guys no wan take chances at all!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Freest(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by datbay(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
In as much as am not a scientist, this seems so hilarious.Ebola is a viral disease while sanitizer prevents bacteria.So what's the connection?Moreso,when the customers are washing their hands before entering the bank,is it to protect the bank workers or the customers?If an infected person washes his/her hands while entering the bank,does that prevent his/her body contact in the bank from contacting the virus.I THINK WHAT WE NEED IS PRAYER AND SERIOUS PRECAUTIONS.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Freest(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
didadavid: My God
Wetin ur God do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Okay, Prevention is better than cure..

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by ednut1(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
nonsense, using anti bacteria to kill/prevent virus, hahahahah now that is dumb angry

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by sammieguze(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
skye bank makes it mandatory that you use hand sanitizer befor you enter the banking hall. everybody preventing ebola in the best way known to them

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by QMark: 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
The fear of Ebola is the begining of wisdom.

Soon, you must shower before u enter banking hall.

Nice initiative, but the scene in the picture is horrible. Especially when they have it right in front of their brand logo.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Lilimax(f): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ebola ntoo!!!
We must kick you out at all cost.

The pictures are quite hilarious grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by donsteady(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
which way access?
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by saasala(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Yes, they made me wash my hands too at their Gbagada branch last week, and I was like What the F***
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by EmoBoy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lol. Senseless bank... Whats different between them and the salt drinkers? grin grin

Total waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by RockMaxi: 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Prevention is only absolute if the water flows by automation to reduce hand contact with the tap.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
'No be this access bank wey dem no dey treat their staffs well?' Anyway, it's all good. Cleanliness is next to..........

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by yorke1: 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
funny...cant' stop laughing. Look at that guy in orange shirt face.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Airforce1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
very very funny grin
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by sirjohnson(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
But does washing of hands alone really prevent the spread of Ebola?

PS
BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo's son shot in Mubi by Boko Haram. Full story Here
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
It will end up making the bank entrance a mess. Its looks barbaric but its a positive approach.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by dollyptosh(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Not bad
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
sirjohnson: But does washing of hands alone really prevent the spread of Ebola?
Not at all.
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by simplyOJ(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Any measure to put this virus in-check is welcome. On a lighter note, imagine a typical village man like me who may not have heard of Ebola getting to town to carry out a transaction at access and faced with the hand washing ritual, he would naturally think a feast is going on at the banking hall.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by eemalex(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Its no longer news since its not a new thing.
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is the most stupid thing I have seen in recent times. Can't the bank just have a hand sanitizer? Is that rocket science?

Nigeria! Oh Nigeria! When will you learn? Well, with GEJ as president, people are bound to think like lab rats!

-CramJones

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by dania30(f): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Same thing in the branch here...the guard will just tell u 'madame sanitize ur hands b4 u enter the hall' grin. Twas funny but everyone was doing it.
Fear of ebola is the beginning of wisdom wink
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by iceberylin(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Am going their now to check it out wink

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by kunlesehan(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
If an infected person's sweaty hands touches those knobs...that water filter wouldn't be PRESTIGEous again o ...and the whatever would have gained ACCESS to the bank.
Hmmm...the fear of ebola...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by sirjohnson(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
But does washing of hands alone really prevent the spread of Ebola?
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
E no go work
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
So let me get this straight, I wash my hands, I walk into through the security door, I have to press the button to get inside.

Lets assume I've got sweaty palms, then someone else after me presses that same button. I mean doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by debrihachi(f): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Serzli? !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Using A False Cancer Claim To Defraud Nigerians - Video / Rebecca Chukwueke UNICAL Student Dies Over Hospital Strike (Photo) / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.