Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

We Already Had A Black President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Already Had A Black President (4259 Views)

Meet The Woman Likely To Be Brazil's First Black President / South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing / 1st America Black President Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Already Had A Black President by girl22(f): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2008
i did some research on this man called john hansen. he is on the back of the 2 dollar bill. few people have one.

look him up its an intersting read. it was before all states became the united states and it was still thirteen colonies or something like that.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by diggler(m): 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2008
Sorry to burst your bubble love but ur research is fatally flawed.

Hence the need for me to educate you, properly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanson_(myths)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanson_(politician)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_two-dollar_bill

Maybe na for 'University of Toronto' Library u conduct ur research. (where the very best Nigeria has to offer obtain their degrees)

Barrack Hussein Obama from Kenya is definitely going to be the first 'brother' to get some 'head' in the oval office.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by girl22(f): 2:07am On Oct 30, 2008
wikipedia is not an encyclopedia. people enter entries into the wikipedia.  odinary people can submit data into wikipedia.  i have a 2 dollar bill and a black man is on the back of it. who is the black man?

do you that that are different pictures on the back of different 2 dollar bills?

who gives a damn about your degree from the university of toronto. they also teach at universites the egyptians were not black and that the greeks discovered pi despite the fact you have the egyptians building the pyramaids correlating to pi.

there excuse? it was a coincidence the egyptians built the pyramaids correlating to pi they did not know it was pi.

universities also say christopher columbus discovered america despite the fact the indians were already here and there is substantial evidence states other people sailed here before columbus.

universities also say early people thought the world was flat. it was proven that was a lie.
there are paintings thousands of years showing them drawing the earth round and that was proven a lie.

some of einstein's theories have been proven wrong but they are still in your physics books.

my geometry teacher also told me some theories have been proven wrong in math and they to re-edit the books.

like i said do substantial evidence and do not give me some crap from wikipedia.

than come back and talk .

and explain to me the dark skin on the black of the 2 dollar bill.

BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENT PICTURES ON DIFFERENT 2 DOLLAR BILLS.

"UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO" IS THE NIGERIA HAS TO OFFER?

WHEN WILL YOU AFRICANS CATCH ON AND DO LIKE THE ASIANS AND INDIANS AND TEACH AN AFRICAN CENTERED CURRICULUM?

EUROPEANS WILL ALWAYS TRY TO RASE BLACKS GREATNESS OUT OF THE HISTORY BOOKS.

YOU PROBABLY LEARN VERY LITTLE OF AFRICA'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND THAT "UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO."

OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO SAY HE'S NOT BLACK.
BUT YET THEY CANT EXPLAIN WHO THE BLACK MAN ON THE BACK OF THE 2 DOLLAR BILL IS.

THESE ARE THE SAME BASTARDS THAT SAID THE CIVIL WAR ENDED SLAVERY BUT YET THERE GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS SHOWING THERE WERE BLACKS WHO WERE ENSLAVED UNTIL THE 1950'S.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by tpia: 2:34am On Oct 30, 2008
Re: We Already Had A Black President by girl22(f): 2:51am On Oct 30, 2008
TPIA CAN YOU READ?

THERE ARE DIFFERENT PICTURES TO DIFFERENT 2 DOLLAR BILLS.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by bawomolo(m): 3:03am On Oct 30, 2008
privates Gregory, comedian and African-American activist, publishes an on-line column called Global Watch. In one of his columns he repeated most of the myths and added a new one, that John Hanson was the descendant of an African American slave.[8]

There are two possible origins for this belief. The first is that Hanson's grandfather, another John Hanson, was an early English immigrant to Maryland; as was common at the time, he worked as an indentured servant on his arrival in the New World. In 1661, his first master, William Plumley, sold his contract to Edward Keene and recorded the contract with the court of Calvert County, Maryland; similar court records were also used to transfer title to land and slaves. But, in six years, the immigrant John had worked his way out of debt, and a few years afterwards had purchased his own small farm. There is no record that the grandfather was black, but if indentured servitude was confused with chattel slavery, it is easy to see where this belief would have appeared.

Another may be a simple case of confusion with Senator John Hanson, a politician from Liberia, who was involved with the resettlement of freed slaves in that country. Whilst this Hanson was indeed black, he also lived a hundred years too late.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_real_first_president

girl22 - you are just as bad as eurocentrists

some of einstein's theories have been proven wrong but they are still in your physics books.

pass that kush
Re: We Already Had A Black President by tpia: 3:06am On Oct 30, 2008
Re: We Already Had A Black President by diggler(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2008
girl22:

do you that that are different pictures on the back of different 2 dollar bills?

who gives a damn about your degree from the university of toronto. they also teach at universites the egyptians were not black and that the greeks discovered pi despite the fact you have the egyptians building the pyramaids correlating to pi.

"UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO" IS THE NIGERIA HAS TO OFFER?

YOU PROBABLY LEARN VERY LITTLE OF AFRICA'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND THAT "UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO."

OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO SAY HE'S NOT BLACK.
BUT YET THEY can't EXPLAIN WHO THE BLACK MAN ON THE BACK OF THE 2 DOLLAR BILL IS.

THESE ARE THE SAME BASTARDS THAT SAID THE CIVIL WAR ENDED SLAVERY BUT YET THERE GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS SHOWING THERE WERE BLACKS WHO WERE ENSLAVED UNTIL THE 1950'S.

Missy, u just effectively countered ur self here.

U should know that some companies are empowered by Uncle Sam to print 'non-legal tender notes' as pranks wherein any lucky blokes face could be on it.
I have customized $100 bills with Jay-z's face on em.

The 2 dollar bill is legal tender so why dont make use of urs with a negro picture on the back. (i'll come & bail u when they lock ur behind up for counterfeiting)

My reference to University Of Toronto was used on a lighter note (Nigerian politicians with fake degrees, claim they got such from University of Toronto)

@Bawomolo

I'd like to thank you for once again educating our sister who seems to be lost in the wilderness of Misguided Afrocentric spin.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by Horus(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2008
Video: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=HCmcnQ1cZcY&eurl=http://www.presidentjohnhanson.com/
John Hanson was A Moor, AKA Black.
Moor where exempt from slavery.
(Please watch the video)
Re: We Already Had A Black President by Raskimono: 12:06am On Oct 31, 2008
Regarding this John Hanson; he was the head of the Congress. In 1776, the thirteen Colonies declared their independence from England. John Hanson was the first head of the Congress. And there were eight heads of Congress after him. But none of them were called President of the United States of America because the position of the executive as a separate body was not created until 1789 until George Washington took the post. "African centric" scholars will argue that it is just semantics and he was the president of the United States. And it is true that he was on a $2 bill that is no longer in print. To Tpia, who doubted the originality of the bill, they have changed all the bills and who is on it so many times, there are other people on old bills who are no longer on new bills.

But the picture of John Hanson I could find showed him as a tan white man. It is not the dark-skinned clearly black man that is in your picture. My research shows the problem to be this. There was another John Hanson who was a black legislator who after slavery helped move free slaves to Liberia. The argument is, "Afro-centric" scholars have gotten the two men misplaced.

It seems you also believe in the existence of the Illuminati, a shady organization of over five hundred centuries old that decides all world events. They supposedly include much of the world's richest families, including the Bush and Clinton Family. People also believe the Illuminati planned 911. I assume you believe in this cult organization, because your link goes to the you tube video which mentions the Illuminati.

Therefore, you might believe the above stated facts to be a lie and a conspiracy to hide the real identity of the "first black president." In that case, it is doubtful you will be swayed with facts. Therefore any argument to be convince you otherwise will be a waste of time.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by girl22(f): 1:44am On Oct 31, 2008
the older 2 dollar  bills are no longer in print.  they start printing the new ones. privates gregory is a very learned manore intelligent than any of you on this board. he is good friends with agents who gives him info. if he did not know what he was takking about there wouldn't be so many assisination attempts on his life.

now to bamwalo, google einstiem therioe being questionable. he laws were never proven why do you think they call so many of them theories?

I'm not as bad as the eurocentrist.

again bamwalo, wikipedia is not accurate. ordinary people can enter info into wikipedia.

but there is a black man on the out of print 2 dollar bill.

raskimono

that "shady oprganization "must be real because too many so called "conspiracy theorist" have predicted things years before it happened. and john f kennedy has said things regarding secret socities. and other than wikipedia what proof do you have that im lying?
Re: We Already Had A Black President by bawomolo(m): 2:29am On Oct 31, 2008
again bamwalo, wikipedia is not accurate. ordinary people can enter info into wikipedia.

not all wikipedia threads are open to the public. wikipedia articles usually have sources and references listed at the end of the readings(similar to your college projects).

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/hanson.asp

read o.

what next, the first person to land on the moon was an african babalawo??
Re: We Already Had A Black President by bawomolo(m): 2:30am On Oct 31, 2008
Here is a list of men who served as President before the Constitution was adopted.

The following men served as the President of the First Continental Congress:

Peyton Randolph (September 5, 1774 – October 21, 1774) and
Henry Middleton (October 22, 1774 – October 26, 1774)

The following men served as the President of the Second Continental Congress:

Peyton Randolph (May 10, 1775 – May 23, 1775)
John Hancock (May 24, 1775 – October 31, 1777)
Henry Laurens (November 1, 1777 – December 9, 1778)
John Jay (December 10, 1778 – September 27, 1779)
Samuel Huntington (September 28, 1779 – March 1, 1781)

The following men served as President of the United States in Congress Assembled:

Samuel Huntington (March 1, 1781 – July 9, 1781)
Thomas McKean (July 10, 1781 – November 4, 1781)
John Hanson (November 5, 1781 – November 3, 1782)
Elias Boudinot (November 4, 1782 – November 2, 1783)
Thomas Mifflin (November 3, 1783 – October 31, 1784)
Richard Henry Lee (November 30, 1784 – November 6, 1785)
John Hancock (November 23, 1785 – May 29, 1786)
Nathaniel Gorham (June 6, 1786 – November 5, 1786)
Arthur St. Clair (February 2, 1787 – November 4, 1787)
Cyrus Griffin (January 22, 1788 – November 2, 1788)
Re: We Already Had A Black President by Raskimono: 2:57am On Oct 31, 2008
To Girl22,
This is why I don't like posting. People read what they want to read. I never said you were lying. Please, show me where I said so. In fact, I went to great detail to show where I believed you received your facts; which means I believe you believe what you believe. What I did was research which had a different opinion.

John Hanson is believed to be white. A picture exists which claims to be done in 1860 that shows him to be white. Go to A&E website.They have covered this issue. The said the scholars who did their research mistook the African American John Hansen who helped freed slaves move to Liberia with that John Hansen. You did not reply to this aspect?

Even if we were to agree that John Hansen was black, he was the head of the congress. There were eight people after him who held that office. The official term of President of the United States did not enter the lexicon until 1789 after a new constitution drawn up in 1787 recognized the United States and put in things like the Bill of Rights. It is this constitution that is recognized as officially creating the United States of America and creating the office of the President. It is not only John Hanson who is ignored but the other eight non-blacks who led after him. You did not bother to put a rebuttal to this.

The above are facts. The perception of it might differ. Such as, if he were head of the congress, technically he was the President even it was not an acknowledged position. That is the stance taken by "Afro-centric" scholars. John Hansen would have been called President if such a position existed then. You could argue for or against this position. It is supposition.

The existence of the Illuminati is supposition. There is no place I can knock on their door and meet them. They do not have a phone number or do their members acknowledge themselves in the public.  Also, people who believe in the existence of this organization and I have met them, believe they are capable of anything; wars, terrorist attacks, cover-ups, rewriting history and so on. Thus, if you believe in it, I cannot dissuade you using facts. Also you might believe the information I have uncovered proving that one John Hanson to be another might be a cover-up to stop people from knowing that "John Hansen" was really black. You cannot argue with that. That was my point.

Conspiracy theorists have predicted things before their time. Please, give solid examples. I don't want Nostradamus like predictions or Biblical like predictions. Why? Because anyone can interpret it as they wish. I want Yomi at 9:00 will show up at my house or Yar'adua will declare war on Ghana on November 15. Please, provide some predictions like that.

John F. Kennedy said "things" about secret societies. What are these things? You will now tell me the Illuminati killed him because he was on to them. I have heard that one before. Again, theories that cannot be disproved or proved with facts. Only supposition. Of course, only if you do believe it.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by girl22(f): 1:32am On Nov 01, 2008
bamwalo there are several documents saying that the white picture is fake. (coming from a white woman's mouth) i am not saying he was not just a senator. maybe he maybe he was not.

both sides comes with good evidence. i was not living back then so i dont know.
Re: We Already Had A Black President by bawomolo(m): 2:08am On Nov 01, 2008
no the black john hanson was a senator and not president of congress. plain and simple. believe what u want
Re: We Already Had A Black President by sunnykiss(m): 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2008
@girl22 cheesy

you are not serious cant u differenciate beetween a president and a senator, na wa 4 uu american don blind u finish sef r u a naija girl sef,
read well oooo

only God intervention can make Obama win this election
Re: We Already Had A Black President by girl22(f): 7:37am On Nov 02, 2008
if you read i said both sides have good points. . both had good points. i will not go into further detail. but you have to look at both sides of the equation. one side said the black one was the senator then on other side they say the photo of the white one could not have been jon hansen because that type of  style of painting did not come until the 1800's and on the back of the painting it says senator of liberia on the white one.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: See Very Big Shark Caught Off The Coast Of Australia / Again! President Mugabe Beaten Up By Violent Wife Grace In Public / Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.