Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ (4261 Views)

Israeli Jets Strike Targets Near Damasus Airport / South Africa's ANC Calls Israeli Ambassador To Leave The Country / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2008
WOW. When was the last time a nation bombed innocent civilians for the actions of a few. This is worse than apartheid.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5404501.ece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM15T_qgY5k&eurl=http://news.google.com/
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2008
This is from the web link you posted:
The short but brutal aerial blitz — codenamed Operation Cast Lead — was aimed at targets held by the Islamic fundamentalists of Hamas, [/b]which seized control of the Gaza Strip 18 months ago.

[b]After weeks of rising tension and repeated Hamas rocket attacks on Israeli territory
, the air force struck with warplanes and unmanned drones loaded with guided missiles.

They hit at least 100 security compounds and rocket-launching bases across the heavily populated Strip.

An attack on military targets is an attack on innocent civilians?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2008
From the same news source ,

Children on their way home from school and policemen parading for a graduation ceremony were the principal victims of a bloody few hours that left the territory in flames.

You know why? They used freaking jets! How do you hit a neighbourhood where there are civilians with jets. Unless you really dont care how many bystanders you hit.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2008
birdman:

You know why? They used freaking jets! How do you hit a neighbourhood where there are civilians with jets. Unless you really don't care how many bystanders you hit.

which is EXACTLY what HAMAS intends when it sends close to 100 rockets a day into civilian homes, hospitals and kindergarten schools in Israel.
One Isreali in Nevirot was killed today . . . i'm still searching for the thread on it.

And oh the Arab league has scheduled an emergency meeting to "discuss the situation" . . . where were they when Hamas rockets were raining?

Where do you people hide when the arabs target Israel?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 27, 2008
birdman:

You know why? They used freaking jets! How do you hit a neighbourhood where there are civilians with jets. Unless you really don't care how many bystanders you hit.

what should they have used? home made rockets?

You think if HAMAS had jets they wont use them? Heck even Saddam sent scud missiles into Israel during the gulf war that did not even involve Israel.

This place will soon be crawling with the "disproportionate response" hypocrites.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2008
birdman:

Is it? They used ''freaking jets''. . . .  .lets see, is there any evidence that if the IDF sent in its army with tanks, the strikes will be more surgical?

Israel hit Hamas targets. This is not like in the movies, you know those Rambo/Arnie ones, where the enemies' military camps are isolated from civilian neighbourhoods, preferably in isolated pristine deserts.

This is the real world and in the real world, no hit on Hamas targets is 100% guaranteed to exclude civilian casualties. Unless you are suggesting Israel just fold its hand in despair, it retains the right to strike back at its enemy irrespective of where the enemy chooses to locate its installations.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 12:00am On Dec 28, 2008
Davidylan,
So you are putting the nation of Israel on the same moral plane as Hamas. If Hamas can do it, then its ok if Israel does it.  At least you have admitted in your words that Hamas and Israel are both sides of the coin.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

Davidylan,
So you are putting the nation of Israel on the same moral plane as Hamas. If Hamas can do it, then its ok if Israel does it. At least you have admitted in your words that Hamas and Israel are both sides of the coin.

Arent we all tired of this fraudulent "moral" excuse that is EXPLICITLY intended to excuse HAMAS continues bombardment of Southern Israel without a response.

What "moral" plane shld Israel be on? The one were they just silently bury their dead and continue keeping quiet while HAMAS continues to develop longer range rockets?

What moral plane are you on?

4 Play:

This is the real world and in the real world, no hit on Hamas targets is 100% guaranteed to exclude civilian casualties. Unless you are suggesting Israel just fold its hand in despair, it retains the right to strike back at its enemy irrespective of where the enemy chooses to locate its installations.

Especially since HAMAS seems to have a predilection for putting its security complexes in the midst of ordinary citizens for maximum propaganda.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 12:04am On Dec 28, 2008
4 Play:

Is it? They used ''freaking jets''. . . .  .lets see, is there any evidence that if the IDF sent in its army with tanks, the strikes will be more surgical?

Israel hit Hamas targets. This is not like in the movies, you know those Rambo/Arnie ones, where the enemies' military camps are isolated from civilian neighbourhoods, preferably in isolated pristine deserts.

Even under the hardliner Sharon, they used tanks. You know where the culprits live, and they dont have any power to stop you. Go get them. It has worked for all previous Israeli governments.  Why carpet bomb a whole city now. This is the definition of a war crime.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by TayoD1(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2008
#birdman,

Why carpet bomb a whole city now. This is the definition of a war crime.
As 4_Play rightly pointed out on another thread, you guys sometimes use words without thinking of iots meaning. Do you know what it is to carpet bomb? What Isreal carried out was precision bombing targeted solely at Hamas. A logical person will question why Hamas located their military installations amongs a civilian populace.

And you really cannot absolve the so-called civilians of complicity in this matter. I would not settle my family on the first floor of a building where Hamas is operating in the basement; unless of course, I plan to aid them or expect a Matyr's treatment when the eventualities happen.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

Even under the hardliner Sharon, they used tanks. You know where the culprits live, and they don't have any power to stop you. Go get them. It has worked for all previous Israeli governments. Why carpet bomb a whole city now. This is the definition of a war crime.

this is the height of disgraceful and deliberate deciet.

Gilad Shalit anyone?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 12:14am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

Even under the hardliner Sharon, they used tanks. You know where the culprits live, and they don't have any power to stop you. Go get them. It has worked for all previous Israeli governments.  Why carpet bomb a whole city now. This is the definition of a war crime.

Don't use terms you fail to grasp. .  .''carpet bomb''? If Israel ''carpet bombed'' Gaza, tens of thousands would be dead.

Go get them? You think Hamas militants will simply sit in their installations waiting for the IDF to come pick off its targets by driving across Gaza with tanks and APCs?

You either bomb military installations from the air, with the element of surprise and precision that it entails or you run the whole gamut of launching a land invasion, reversing the military pull out Sharon sanctioned, and precipitating a bloodbath that will make today's events look like child's play.

Sharon picked off Hamas from the ground because there were Israeli ground troops inside Gaza at the time. Israel has pulled out of Gaza ever since, it either mounts a bloody invasion or pursues air strikes. The latter is the less costly option, in terms of innocent lives.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 12:17am On Dec 28, 2008
I know what a carpet bomb is, which is why 200 people are dead and 700 injured.

And you really cannot absolve the so-called civilians of complicity in this matter. I would not settle my family on the first floor of a building where Hamas is operating in the basement; unless of course, I plan to aid them or expect a Matyr's treatment when the eventualities happen.

Sure. But is it a crime to have your children walking to school? or Attending graduation in other  parts of the city.

Following mid-morning bombings, in which some 60 warplanes struck more than 50 targets over the span of just a few minutes, Hamas fired several dozen rockets, killing one Israeli.

Israeli air strikes continued sporadically throughout the day and into the night.

At what point is force excessive against a mostly civilian population.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 12:21am On Dec 28, 2008
In another 30-40 years, as Arab nations get stronger militarily and economically, this move will look really foolish. You'd think Israeli leaders would hash something out NOW, while they still have bargaining chips.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 12:24am On Dec 28, 2008
I know what a carpet bomb is,  which is why 200 people are dead and 700 injured.

No sir, you don't. If a city of 1.5m is carpet bombed, there will be more than 200 dead. You will be looking at tens of thousands dead. To carpet bomb is to seek the wholesale destruction of a place, from history, we have examples such as Guernica, Dresden and Vietnam.

Sure. But is it a crime to have your children walking to school? or Attending graduation in other  parts of the city.

Shouldn't that question be addressed to Hamas for citing military bases near schools? As for the point about those attending graduation, those were Hamas graduands, so I don't know how they fall under ''innocent civilians''.

Again, the targets were military, the casulaties were mostly military, so your statement is misleading.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

In another 30-40 years, as Arab nations get stronger militarily and economically, this move will look really foolish. You'd think Israeli leaders would hash something out NOW, while they still have bargaining chips.

By that time i hope u'll be as vociferous in condemning carpet bombing and the killing of innocent civilians this time by the arabs.

birdman:

I know what a carpet bomb is, which is why 200 people are dead and 700 injured.

Do you know how many HAMAS security forces where in the buildings targeted?

birdman:

Is it also a crime to send your child to kindergarten schools or sit watching TV at home with ur kids while a rocket ploughs through your living room and kills you?

At what point would you consider HAMAS rockets a war crime?

A mostly civilian population is certainly a false description of Gaza. . . it is a militant population.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 12:27am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

In another 30-40  years, as Arab nations get stronger militarily and economically, this move will look really foolish. You'd think Israeli leaders would hash something out NOW, while they still have bargaining chips.

Why wait 30-40 years, when we have the vivid example of 1948. When the Arabs, inebriated in their supposed military superiority, launched an unprovoked attack against the infant nation of Israel - population 600,000 - and were summarily defeated?

If the Arabs think they can resolve this issue militarily, history is replete with examples that expose such thinking to be utter folly.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

this is one of the reasons i am FIRMLY convinced that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not political but religious. What has this to do with the arab nations? Are they the ones under attack? Are these not the same arab nations who constantly villify the US for supporting Israel both economically and militarily?

why is birdman so in a rage today? why are Sudanese women also protesting the Israeli airstrikes? The same women who kept mute while genocide was occuring in Darfur? The same women and children who would prefer to trek thousands of miles to seek refuge in Israel while bypassing Egypt and Gaza on the way?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 12:38am On Dec 28, 2008
davidylan:

this is one of the reasons i am FIRMLY convinced that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not political but religious.

I lost any such illusions about Arab intentions back in 2000 when I had the mis-fortune' to spend time watching Arab TV channels.

Israel had just pulled out of Lebanon and was steeped in negotiations with the Palestinians, negotiations for which it made unprecedented concessions. While Western observers were hailing the dawn of a new peaceful era, Arab callers, supposedly the educated and Westernised ones for they were speaking English, were salivating at what they thought was Israel's sign of weakness - pulling out of Lebanon - and demanding an escalation of jihad, while copiously quoting from the Koran.

Any illusions I had was lost when the 2nd intifada commenced while Hezbollah, notwithstanding Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon, pledged to continue fighting until Israel was destroyed.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 12:39am On Dec 28, 2008
@4Play

When it comes to nations, trend matters more than current facts. Sure Israel whooped them a generation ago, and rightfully so. But there is a reason Rabin, and even Sharon were willing to make larger concessions to Palestinians. The tide is definitely against Israel long term. When Pakistanis hit Mumbai, India did not go on a bombing spree in the capital of Pakistan.  Israel did what it did because it could. How about a generation from now? What then?

@Davidylan

Stop distracting from the issue at hand. Just because you didnt hear the Sudanese women (or me) protest other atrocities doesnt mean we didnt, or supported it. The fact that you have painted it more as a religious issue makes me understand where you are coming from.  You sound like the Christian wing that thinks Israel can do no wrong, being God's people and all. Am I right?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

@Davidylan

Stop distracting from the issue at hand. Just because you didnt hear the Sudanese women (or me) protest other atrocities doesnt mean we didnt, or supported it. The fact that you have painted it more as a religious issue makes me understand where you are coming from. You sound like the Christian wing that thinks Israel can do no wrong, being God's people and all. Am I right?

1. When you point out the gaping 2-faced nature of the typical arab/muslim response to issues they start yapping about "distractions". Some perspective is needed when you discuss issues like this. Israel did not just wake up one morning and decide to use Gaza as a practice run for F-16 pilots.

2. I didnt here Sudanese women nor you protesting Darfur because neither of you DID. Why is Darfur where 2 million have died and millions more are starving a mere footnote or "distraction" while Israel's attempt to defend itself from those pathologically wedged to its destruction makes headline news?

3. The fact that you mention Arab nations strengthening themselves to destroy Israel in 30-40 yrs automatically indicates your main issue with this is not about land or innocent civilians but about religion. Are IDF forces bombarding other Arab nations? Why are they strengthening themselves to fight Israel? If they loved the people of Gaza so much why is Egypt walling itself away from them? why does Jordan pay lipservice to "palestinians" and why have most of the AID donors come from the west despite the deep pockets of the Arabs?

4. I know where u're coming from . . . the palestinians are muslims so they can do no wrong. Am i right?

5. Most importantly - where were you when HAMAS was firing 100 rockets a day into Israel?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 12:47am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

@4Play
When it comes to nations, trend matters more than current facts. Sure Israel whooped them a generation ago, and rightfully so. But there is a reason Rabin, and even Sharon were willing to make larger concessions to Palestinians. The tide is definitely against Israel long term. When Pakistanis hit Mumbai, India did not go on a bombing spree in the capital of Pakistan.  Israel did what it did because it could. How about a generation from now? What then?

Israel is a nuclear power so I don't see any ''trend'' that will serve to weaken it when faced with a conventional military threat.

Rabin and Sharon embarked on negotiations because for the first time in decades, the Arab position underwent a seismic shift. Arab Govts were now prepared to recognise the concept of a 2 state solution. Until then, their default position as expressed in the Khartoum conference of 1967 was the 3 Nos - No negotiation, No peace with Israel and No recognition of Israel.

Before that, the ability to reach accommodation was severly restricted to put it euphemistically.

As for India/Pakistan, same applys. Both are nuclear powers and I'm not aware of India ever responding to terrorist attacks by bombing Karachi so I don't see how their forbearance here marks a turning of the tide. Bear in mind, Israel hasn't bombed any Arab capital city, it has simply targeted the source of a rocket barrage on its sovereign undisputed territory.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

@4Play

the tide is not turning because the west has eventually woken up to a salient fact . . . the problem isnt Israel at all but palestinians.

Note the EU just voted to normalise relations with Israel despite the profuse protestations of supposedly neutral nations like Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iran. Goes to show that this is not about land at all.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Dec 28, 2008
@birdman,

How come you and other Arab nations were quiet when Hamas lauched 100 pockets per day into Israel?

Now israel responds and you now see the need for a thread and Arab nation see the need for a meeting.

Throughout last week when the Israeli prime minister was issuing warning.

Ehud Barak was on TV just now He said he was one of thr advocate of an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and he now realised that is a mistake. The only voice Palestinians and hamas understand is bombing and they would get it.

Palestine and hamas has lost any form of sympathy they might be getting from people by always being the aggressor.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 1:03am On Dec 28, 2008
It has always been about resources, more than land, true. Israel is the best proposition now. It probably wont be in the future. The Arab nations are slowly but surely turning themselves into tech and business powerhouses. Even the recent financial crises helps more than hurts them as they are buying and consolidation on the cheap.

Picture the middle east 40 yrs from now. The top 2/3 economic powerhouses are Arab. 90% of the region's resources are Arab. And the have military might at par with anyone else in the region. Israel is still strong militarily, but much less resource rich, population the size of one Arab megacity and only the 4th or 5th strongest economy. You, as the head of state of some country X, interested in having a share of this region's wealth by trade, who will you side with in policy issues? Want to guess who Europe and the US will side with too? See why Israel's heavy handedness wont get anywhere?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

It has always been about resources, more than land, true.

It is all about islam period!
What "resources"? Israel is largely a desert with very little water, no oil and much smaller than most US states. So what "resources" is it about? Jerusalem?

birdman:

Israel is the best proposition now. It probably wont be in the future. The Arab nations are slowly but surely turning themselves into tech and business powerhouses.

You essentially validate my position here again. What have arab nations to do with Gaza? If they truly loved Gaza why has Egypt and Jordan bluntly banned palestinians from entering their respective countries?

birdman:

Picture the middle east 40 years from now. The top 2/3 economic powerhouses are Arab. 90% of the region's resources are Arab. And the have military might at par with anyone else in the region. Israel is still strong militarily, but much less resource rich, population the size of one Arab megacity and only the 4th or 5th strongest economy.

And yet you claim the palestinian conflict is about "resources"? Would the palestinians not be better off fighting Egypt if it were all about resources?

birdman:

You, as the head of state of some country X, interested in having a share of this region's wealth by trade, who will you side with in policy issues? Want to guess who Europe and the US will side with too? See why Israel's heavy handedness wont get anywhere?

Israel is a nuclear power . . . that is enough deterent for any foolish arab government whose military depends heavily on Russia, the US and surprisingly Israel.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by dayokanu(m): 1:15am On Dec 28, 2008
Want to guess who Europe and the US will side with too? See why Israel's heavy handedness wont get anywhere?

So if you were the Israeli leader, what would you do?

Move into the sea the way Hamas, Syria, Hezballah and Iran want?
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by 4Play(m): 1:20am On Dec 28, 2008
birdman:

It has always been about resources, more than land, true. Israel is the best proposition now. It probably wont be in the future. The Arab nations are slowly but surely turning themselves into tech and business powerhouses. Even the recent financial crises helps more than hurts them as they are buying and consolidation on the cheap.

Gulf success is success built on one thing, oil. This is a transient success.  The Gulf's fortunes is inextricably linked to the price of oil and such fortunes are hollow.

Real success is internal. Establishing a viable and robust democracy, strong domestic technological base and a diversified industrialised economy. None of these are present in the Gulf. Ironically, Gulf states compete amongst themselves to be the host of US military installations and will be loath to forsake the security of the military umbrella that the US offers. Fact is, they are more scared of Iran than Israel.

Picture the middle east 40 years from now.

Not an appealing picture. A cross between the ''overpopulated'' fragile states such as Egypt and Gulf states possibly rid of their one true wealth - oil.

The top 2/3 economic powerhouses are Arab. 90% of the region's resources are Arab. And the have military might at par with anyone else in the region. Israel is still strong militarily, but much less resource rich, population the size of one Arab megacity and only the 4th or 5th strongest economy. You, as the head of state of some country X, interested in having a share of this region's wealth by trade,  who will you side with in policy issues? Want to guess who Europe and the US will side with too? See why Israel's heavy handedness wont get anywhere?

You contradict yourself, if the Middle-East is so powerful, why the pathetic cries of powerlessness?

The Middle-East remains wealthy so long as foreigners, whether Americans or Europeans, continue to buy its commodities and its tourists visit its attractions. It has no technological or scientific edge and remains at the mercy of its oil customers.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by JJYOU: 1:22am On Dec 28, 2008
no worry them with questions  they are predicting their cousins will be in naija next yaer lets wait and see what they will say when the idiots go their village  
2009 Predictions
Five Speakers to be impeached, three SSGs sacked
• A prominent Yoruba leader will die
…Juju musician also
• Two Actresses will pass on
• Alaafin of Oyo should pray hard
• Terrorists will attack
By Olajiire Ishola
Sunday, December 28, 2008

•Primate Ayodele
•Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

When it comes to accurate prediction like Nostradamus of old- the man who sees tomorrow, another man that readily comes to mind is Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele. He predicted the crash of Bellview and it came to pass in October 2005. He also predicted Sosolisso’s crash and it came to pass in December 2005.

True to his time-honoured accuracy, in December 2007, Primate Ayodele foresaw the resounding fall of the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. He said that the man would be removed in the New Year. And now, Nuhu is history.

Because of this, Sunday Sun went in search of the humble and respected man of God to know what God has in stock for Nigerians, Africans and the rest of the whole world. When asked how he feels whenever his predictions come to pass, he said that he usually feel bad whenever the negative ones come to pass. He predicted many positive and negative events that will characterize the year, 2009.
Excerpts:

Apocalypse
In 2009, Nigeria will experience a lot of ups and downs. I see bloodshed. There is going to be political riot. Many religious crises will take place. Some monarchs will die in South-south, Southwest, Southeast, and an emir from the North will fall sick seriously. We also need to pray and rescue a one-time governor from death.

There is going to be changes in Central Bank of Nigeria. Some banks will face a lot of crises. Some banks are going to do re-branding and change of name. They will also change their logos. NNPC will face a lot of crises, and next year will witness a lot of scarcity of petroleum products. Diesel and cement price will rise. We will witness food crises next year, whereby people will have money yet they will not get food to buy. Bread price will go up, and house rent will also go up next year.

Federal Government will re-adjust civil servants salary. Lagos State Civil Service Commission will witness problem next year. Some Permanents secretaries will be retired next year in the state. The same thing will happen at the federal level.
Not all the senators and House of Representatives will finish their term. Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives will face a lot of problems. There is going to be coup against Senate President and Speaker, House of Representatives next year.

Africa
The continent is going to be on the boil. There will be a major coup in an African country. It is going to shake the continent to her foundation.
Two Prime Ministers will resign in the Middle East.

Telecommunication
There is going to be increase in the tariff of telephone next year. Power Holding Company of Nigeria will increase her tariff too. The board of PHCN will be restructured next year. Bar beach will overflow its bank again. There is going to be boundary dispute among some states.

Politics
Not all the governors will finish their terms. Some governors are still going. Ondo State governor needs prayer in other to finish his term. Even Abia State governor need prayers to survive. Ajimobi will not win in Appeal Court against Akala. There is going to be problem in Alliance Congress (AC).
New states and local governments w ill emerge.

Kanji Dam will witness problems. Our light (electricity) will not stabilise till year 2017
Yar’Adua should not run for second term. Though some politicians will be drumming it into his ear but he should not listen to them. Yar’Adua’s government will deliver but not as expected. His government will disappoint some people.
The year 2009 will not favour the media. There is going to be problem in our stock exchange. EFCC’s name will be changed and there is going to be a lot of problem for the commission. If care is not taken, the ICPC man will not be there again. NAFDAC will face a lot of trouble next year. A new man for NAFDAC will face a lot of challenges. There is going to be scandals among the ministers, and not even new ministers will be exempted.

Aviation
Our industries need prayers. Our borders also need prayers because I see terrorists getting to Nigeria through these borders.
The Inspector General of Police will perform creditably well in crime combating.
The National Security Adviser needs prayer. The Nigerian Navy will witness a major problem next year. Chief of defense Staff needs to strategise on our security.
In the months of April, May, August and October, Mr. President needs prayer on his health. In these months, he most not travel.
Not all the deputy governors will finish their term. Some secretary to the state government will go next year. There is going to be cabinet reshuffle in Lagos State, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, Zamfara, Nassarawa, Borno and Plateau States.

I want to tell you that religious crises are not yet over.
Five speakers will be impeached year - one in Southwest, two in South-south, South – east one and one in the North. Three Secretaries to the State Government will go next year. We need to pray against political tension in Ondo, Edo, Cross River and slightly in Lagos States.
National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) will cause trouble in Lagos, especially Iyana-Ipaja, Ibadan in Oyo State and Ogun state. There is going to be change of commandant in the Nigerian Navy.

Customs Boss need prayers to be able to escape next year.
Immigration boss will be quizzed next year because there is going to be petition against him.
Vice President needs prayers too. We should pray against unexpected inferno in one of the government properties. There is going to be pipeline explosion next year. Petrol tanker Drivers, (NUPENG) will go on demonstration next year.
We need to pray so that a prominent businessman will not die in Lagos State. We need to pray against death among our SANs. A prominent Yoruba leader is going to die in 2009.

Sports
The Super Eagles will not perform well next year. In fact, we will perform woeful in the 2010 World cup in South Africa.
There is going to be scarcity of aviation fuel next year. A prominent Captain of Industry will pass away in 2009.

Entertainment
We need to pray so that we don’t lose a prominent Juju and high life musicians. Two actresses will die next year. Many artists will get involved in dirty games.
Government will introduce new taxes next year, but it will not go down well with the people in Lagos State. BRT will be de-frauded.
There is a problem coming on the last local government election in Lagos State. The fifty-seven local government of Lagos State will be approved at the end of the day. Fashola should therefore continue processing the validation of the remaining thirty-seven local government areas. Some local government chairmen will be taken to court in Lagos State by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Not all the local government chairmen in Lagos will finish their term. Two local government chairmen in Lagos State will pass away while three local government chairmen will be impeached.

Obama
Before Obama emerged, I had predicted that the Democrats will win US election. Even before Obama came out I had seen it. So, when Obama emerged as the standard bearer of the Democrat, I knew he is the next president of America. There is going to be attempt on his life again, but he is going to escape it. Hilary Clinton is going to be a powerful member of Obama’s cabinet. Obama is going to face a lot of challenges. Though Obama will try his best but the economic strategies he will use will not work. He will not get solution to the economic crises of America. Obama will lead the whole world to understand so many things.

He is going to disappoint Africans. He is going to be positive in his approach to African issues, but not as Africans would expect. Obama will not meet African expectations the way they expect.
He will not double-deal. He is going to handle European Union issue in a fantastic way. EU will face a lot of crisis, but Obama’s approach will douse the tension. Because of Obama, we are going to witness a leadership change in European Union. Obama has plans for Africa, but not the way Africans expect. The dollar will fluctuate next year. The currency will be rising and falling. Poverty is going to be a major problem in the world. There is going to be more money allocated to agriculture next year throughout the world in other to fight food crisis. We are going to witness food crisis next year.
We must pray against the outbreak of water borne disease. There is going to be outbreak of bird flu again next year in some part of Asia and Africa. A Navy ship will be bombed and a Navy war ship will have problem in Nigeria. There is going to be a lot of re-adjustment in ECOWAS next year.

Niger Delta
Niger Delta Ministry is not the solution to Niger Delta crisis. Niger Delta crisis needs a spiritually solution. From Niger Delta crisis, we will start witnessing suicide bombings as from next year. All Niger Delta governors should go for three days silent prayer summit. If they don’t do it, kidnapping will assume a dangerous dimension. Niger Delta is a beautiful place in the sight of the Lord, but it is our past and present leaders that turned the place upside down. We will discover an alternative to petrol in Nigeria.
Lagos State will discover petrol in her domain next year. Ogun State too will discover oil. Ogun State is going to be a resourceful centre. Economically, Ogun State will experience peace next year. One time governor in Niger Delta will pass away. The Obong of Calabar needs prayer next year against serious sickness.

Royal fathers
Ooni of Ife should pray against ill health. The Alaafin of Oyo should also pray against crisis in his domain. The Owa of Ilesha should pray for good health. Two palaces will be engulfed by mysterious fire The Alake of Egba needs prayer against ill health. One Oba is going to lose his Queen in South-South. People will perpetrate scandal against Oba of Lagos. He, therefore, needs a lot of prayers. The Yoruba council of Obas will witness a lot crisis. The Ewi of Ado must pray against crisis in his palace. The Osemawe of Ondo should also pray. Ondo council of Obas should pray so that they won’t lose a prominent member. Ogun State council of Oba should also pray so that they don’t lose a member. Two Yoruba Obas will face court cases next year. A prominent Oba will run away from his palace. In fact, our obas must pray very well and do away with the thing that did not please God. Some Obas will be promoted from second class to first class Obas next year. Many people will want to fight for the position of oba, which will lead to royal crisis.

EFCC will carry out controversial probe that may set the commission on fire.
House of Representative members will fight next year because of money. Many secrets of the Presidency will leak out.
The freedom of information bill (FOI) will only be passed if the House members lobby for it.
NNPC will retrench its staff next year. NNPC will run into serious debt crisis in 2009 and will be compelled to retrench.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 2:39am On Dec 28, 2008
some of the replies are laughable. You are missing the point. Hamas was/is wrong. Question is Is Israel's approach viable.

Davidylan, you mention Israel's nuclear deterrent. Finally, you have opened your eyes. If Iran goes nuclear, Israel's military superiority becomes meaningless, JUST LIKE YOU INFERRED. You cant just ignore and bully them as you please anymore.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by birdman(m): 2:51am On Dec 28, 2008
4 Play:

Gulf success is success built on one thing, oil. This is a transient success.  The Gulf's fortunes is inextricably linked to the price of oil and such fortunes are hollow.

They know this. Which is why they are diversifying like crazy. Heck, Dubai just signeed an agreement to build a fab for AMD. In the semi industry, this is huge news. Same thing with financials. Cash is king, even with the low price per barrel of oil.

Real success is internal. Establishing a viable and robust democracy, strong domestic technological base and a diversified industrialised economy. None of these are present in the Gulf. Ironically, Gulf states compete amongst themselves to be the host of US military installations and will be loath to forsake the security of the military umbrella that the US offers. Fact is, they are more scared of Iran than Israel.

You might want to lend a closer ear to the nature of the democracy developing in the middle east. They have managed to place several good leaders in power succesively, something we here in Nigeria are still pining about. Their political process will not mature into western style democracy. They have found a mix of secularism and religion that is giving them stability. Like someone said in another thred, if you back is not bent, no one will ride it,  even Iran

Not an appealing picture. A cross between the ''overpopulated'' fragile states such as Egypt and Gulf states possibly rid of their one true wealth - oil.

Nope, see above.

You contradict yourself, if the Middle-East is so powerful, why the pathetic cries of powerlessness?

Pathetic the cries may be, but it makes sense to deal while you still have a significant upper hand, no?

The Middle-East remains wealthy so long as foreigners, whether Americans or Europeans, continue to buy its commodities and its tourists visit its attractions. It has no technological or scientific edge and remains at the mercy of its oil customers.  

This can change quickly. Talent follows capital and in today's world, even talent is liquid. The govt that can get its business in order will get the edge. As the wall streeters whose untouchable jobs are now based in Mumbai and Beijing, because that is where the action is. Or the high tech jobs flowing to China,, because that is where the action is.
Re: Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’ by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Dec 28, 2008
@ birdman,

So if you were the Israeli leader, what would you do?

Move into the sea the way Hamas, Syria, Hezballah and Iran want?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside South Africa's Whites-only Town October 6, 2014 / Photos: See Very Big Shark Caught Off The Coast Of Australia / Again! President Mugabe Beaten Up By Violent Wife Grace In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.