Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (2575 Views)

My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by solaugo1: 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Boko Haram militants shot and injured the soldier son of Nigerian ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo during clashes, an associate of the former head of state told BBC radio on Tuesday.

Lieutenant-Colonel Adeboye Obasanjo was wounded when troops fought the Islamist fighters in the northeastern state of Adamawa, Mohammed Keffi said on the broadcaster's Hausa-language service.

"I got in touch with... Obasanjo and told him that I received this information... He told me yes, he was aware of the incident," Keffi said in an interview.

"He told me his (son's) team had left Mubi on their way to Michika when they came under fire from Boko Haram. He was shot and injured but he is in a stable condition."

The younger Obasanjo, an army engineer leading a platoon of army troops, was "getting better" after Monday's incident, according to Keffi.

The soldier's father, 77, was elected president in 1999, marking a return to civilian rule after military dictatorship, and held office until 2007. He had previously served as military leader from 1976 to 1979.

Obasanjo has been involved in attempts to end the five-year insurgency. In May, he held exploratory talks to open discussions with the armed Islamic fundamentalists to obtain the release of more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped in April.

Nigeria's military has been under increasing pressure to stop Boko Haram advances after the militants took over a number of towns in the northeastern states of Yobe, Borno and Adamawa.
Troops attempted to retake the town of Madagali, on Adamawa's northern border with Borno, on Friday but were forced to withdraw to Mubi, the state's commercial hub.

Residents of Michika in Adamawa state on Monday reported seeing air force jets circling overhead, but the planes were unable to bomb militants on the ground because they took cover inside civilian houses.

Michika is 37 kilometres (23 miles) from Mubi by road.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/lieutenant-colonel-adeboye-obasanjo-is-responding-to-treatment-chief-olusegun-obasanjo/
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by amiskurie(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by 99100(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Get well soon, young Obj.

1 Like

Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by kettykings: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
I hope OBJ will wear his uniform and go and revenge his son's battering , useless hypocrite
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wishing him quickest recovery.
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by DaWorshiper(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
And somebody said he is dead. Smh
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by RockMaxi: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
I knew journalists will not leave this man alone until they get a sensational statement from him. Good that Adeboye Obasanjo is responding to treatment.
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by strangest(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Get well soon son, I know you hate your father just like me...

1 Like

Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by gymer(m): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thank you Jesus.
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by VirginFinder: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lt. Col Adeboye Obasanjo has paid the right dues to become Nigeria's president in future.

Salute!

Wishing him quick recovery!!

2 Likes

Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by brennyB: 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pray him quick recovery
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by ntyce(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
kettykings: I hope OBJ will wear his uniform and go and revenge his son's battering , useless hypocrite

oponu

2 Likes

Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by egopersonified(f): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
So after training him abroad, he joins the army and he's posted to boko zone and the father sat back without having him transferred? Abeg, this contradicts all stories about naija leaders.

1 Like

Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
egopersonified: So after training him abroad, he joins the army and he's posted to boko zone and the father sat back without having him transferred? Abeg, this contradicts all stories about naija leaders.
what abroad he attended NMS and NDA respectively.
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by BOAR: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
kettykings: I hope OBJ will wear his uniform and go and revenge his son's battering , useless hypocrite

How is OBJ an hypocrite. He could have lobby that his son is not posted to such dangerous terrain, but he did not.

What have you done for Nigeria, or your Dad done for this nation.

Hatred will only send some of you to early grave.
Re: Lit. Col. Adeboye Obasanjo Is Responding To Treatment - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo by EMANY01(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:
what abroad he attended the NMS and NDA respectively.

I'd say even better.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Lacks Vision And Ideas -- Doyin Okupe / APGA Guber candidate In Katsina Displays Posters With GMB / #apc's Joe Igbokwe Admits Buhari Travelled To Seek Medicare#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.