Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns (1994 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Margret Idahosa Face Of Many Colours. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by donnie(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2014
Donxavier: Gombs

Please kindly answer these simple questions. Did Rev Anita file for divorce in the UK. Yes or No
If No?
Why did PST Chris say in his communion address that you blind followers shouldn't ask why why is Rev Anita doing this but pray for her? Why did he say she wasn't spiritually matured? Why did he insinuate that she's not called? Lastly he said Christians shouldn't divorce but it doesn't mean one can't take the step and that if he goes to court it doesn't mean he wants go there but he's been led there.
Do you guys think we are all fools like you deluded gullible Chris followers?

No one says she was not called. She obviously is. I too, i'm called but my mine is to follow pastor Chris. By God's grace i'm a partaker of the grace upon this great MAN OF GOD.

What Pastor Chris doing will clear the air regarding this 'Man of God' thing. Because in recent years, anyone carrying or preaching bible is called Man of God. That's foul. Look at the bible at those who we called Man of God. They didnt live ordinary lives. See a Man of God:

"And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty. ( KJV)"

A man of God lives only for God. When he speaks, it is as though God has spoken. They do not and cannot live careless lives because the same power can kill quickly if misused. 2Kings 1:10.
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by donnie(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by trustman: 8:49am On Sep 10, 2014
donnie:

No one says she was not called. She obviously is. I too, i'm called but my mine is to follow pastor Chris. By God's grace i'm a partaker of the grace upon this great MAN OF GOD.

What Pastor Chris doing will clear the air regarding this 'Man of God' thing. Because in recent years, anyone carrying or preaching bible is called Man of God. That's foul. Look at the bible at those who we called Man of God. They didnt live ordinary lives. See a Man of God:

2Kings 1:10:
"And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. (KJV)"

A man of God lives only for God. When he speaks, it is as though God has spoken. They do not and cannot live careless lives because the same power can kill quickly if misused.
Was Apostle Paul a 'man of God'?
How did he live?
Is there anywhere in the New Testament that shows how 'men of God' should live and even relate with their flock and others?
Should we be guided by these today?
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by donnie(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2014
trustman:
Was Apostle Paul a 'man of God'?
How did he live?
Is there anywhere in the New Testament that shows how 'men of God' should live and even relate with their flock and others?
Should we be guided by these today?

Paul was a Man of God and he didnt live an ordinary life. Even Peter acknowledged that Pauls words and writings were scripture! 2Pet 3:15-16

1Tim 6:11-12
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. (KJV)
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by suckcybay: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2014
GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by try69: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2014
amdman:

God, not the media, is responsible for the placement of Christ Embassy in such a privileged position. CE was blacklisted by the media (at least in Nigeria) way back in 2001, yet it has blossomed in the most unexpected manner.
Even if God did, at least he wasn't selfish enough not to use the media.

Now answer my question,

Did pastor anita file for divorce? Its a simple question.
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by jared007: 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gombs:

http://nationaldailyng.com/editorial/guest-columnist/906-the-coat-of-many-colours
my brother last sunday we even had many first-timers at our branch. If people/media weren't persecuting pastor chris, his christianity would be questionable. When people fight a Man of God dat is busy minding his business. Its a sign of envy.
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
osaroodion: and why hasn't this thread made the front page?

pls let the mods/supmods do the needful

I know the Mods'll be bias in their reportage of these trend! It just goes a long way to prove what the media wanted from overhiping this whole ish i.e. Attention!
I don't mind anyway!
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by Eruditor: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
donnie:
"And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty. ( KJV)"
A man of God lives only for God. When he speaks, it is as though God has spoken. They do not and cannot live careless lives because the same power can kill quickly if misused. 2Kings 1:10.

I said this same thing on another thread. I said the anointing on this man can kill him if he even goes to India when God told him to go to Indonesia.

The man doesn't own himself. He has been sold to do ONLY what God has instructed him to do. Sooner people realise this the better.
Re: The Coat Of Many Colours-Reasons Why News Of Pastor Chris Took Bizarre Turns by LordReed(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
And the OP while lambasting all other writers would have us believe he or she is any different? I have never seen a more glaring example of "do as I say don't do as I do".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo A Man Of Character Plus Capacity Only Fools Criticise / Video: Blood-moon, Solar Eclipse, End Of The World, People’s Reactions / What Positive Effect Has Your Religion/belief Had In Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.