Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight (9498 Views)

Photo Of A LION In The Old Jos Zoo! / #photos: Female Zookeeper Killed By A Tiger In New Zealand / When A Lion Cheats With A Dog ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by oyewolestephen(m): 6:58am On Sep 10, 2014
My dear Nairalanders, I and my friend had a controversial statement, about a scenario of a lion and a Tiger, if the both involve in a fight.. Please which one will you think it may lose or win, though I strongly believe that the former will triumph but my friend believe the latter will win
So my fellow peeps I want you to share your opinions..

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by lordizak(m): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2014
lion is the king of all animals, tigers are quicker, flexible and also have penchant for biting. the lion is stronger though...... #teamlion.
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Guykhena(m): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2014
Tigers are usually larger and flexible than lions and damn more vicious...
And they're solitary animals,,they don't even play nice when they encounter other Tigers,,, so its sure gonna go nuts when it comes face to face with a "Lion"(a predator and a competition for food), the only edge the Lion got over the Tiger is 'Endurance'.....

So I'm gonna give it to the Tiger

#TeamTigers smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by mebad(m): 8:22am On Sep 10, 2014
Lions live in pride, which is the only advantage it has over the tiger. A full grown single lion vs a full grown individual tiger is only going to result in the tiger murdering the lion.

Reason Being that the Bengal Tiger which is the biggest weighs more, has a larger bite force than the African lion which is the biggest lion.

In captivity, tigers have been known to attack and kill lions(google is ur friend) even when the situation is not favorable to them.

3 Likes

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Seun(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2014
Tigers are stronger. They will try to avoid a fight but if forced to fight, an average tiger will destroy an average lion one-on-one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by oyewolestephen(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
But you hardly see a lion working alone, so if the group of lion come across a Tiger, definitely the Tiger will be killed no matter the aggressiveness of the Tiger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Kirinwa: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Tigers are stronger. They will try to avoid a fight but if forced to fight, an average tiger will destroy an average lion one-on-one.

Oga Seun are you selling tickets for the fight? I will love to watch.
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by yousee(m): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Tigers are stronger. They will try to avoid a fight but if forced to fight, an average tiger will destroy an average lion one-on-one.
I tried imagining the scenario....
I still cant
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Seun(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2014
oyewolestephen: But you hardly see a lion working alone, so if the group of lion come across a Tiger, definitely the Tiger will be killed no matter the aggressiveness of the Tiger
That is not a fair fight, but tigers do not get into such situations anyway. They are stealthy and shy. They don't pick battles they can't win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2014
#teamLION! Give it to the lion. But it would be a fierce and dirty fight!
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tigers, they are stronger and quicker. They are quite agressive too.

1 Like

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by jnrbayano(m): 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nice thread.

If I say my mind its gonna be a biased judgement, however, let me try so hard not to.

The tiger is a bigger feline, more agile and has a 4inch long canine. Impressive! They are solitary. Seen it take down animal almost two times its size single-handedly. Seen it contemplate a fight with an intruding full grown adult male Grizzly Bear. Impressive!

Lion on the other hand is faster feline based on speed/dash. It has a 3inch long canine but boast of a great plain experience. This experience it gathered from regular confrontations/battles with other animals most notably, lions from other prides trying to mount a takeover. Impressive!

Another point in favour of lion is its thick mane grown around its neck area.

Cats signature bite is to the neck. The mane I reckon will give the Lion some protection should the tiger aim for the Lion's neck.

My verdict.

No winner grin but if I must pick a winner, it will be the striped monster. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by chucky234(m): 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tiger is the stronger and most dangerous of all wild cats, it will take three Lions to stop a full grown Tiger.
LION vs TIGER www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_versus_lion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by jnrbayano(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
chucky234: Tiger is the stronger and most dangerous of all wild cats, it will take three Lions to stop a full grown Tiger.

The bold is an outlandish exaggeration.
shocked
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by chucky234(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
jnrbayano:

The bold is an outlandish exaggeration.
shocked
Lions are lazy fighters, Lioness put up better fight than a Lion.
Single Turkish Kangal dog will fight and kill a Lion, but not a Tiger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
jnrbayano: Nice thread.

If I say my mind its gonna be a biased judgement, however, let me try so hard not to.

The tiger is a bigger feline, more agile and has a 4inch long canine. Impressive! They are solitary. Seen it take down animal almost two times its size single-handedly. Seen it contemplate a fight with an intruding full grown adult male Grizzly Bear. Impressive!

Lion on the other hand is faster feline based on speed/dash. It has a 3inch long canine but boast of a great plain experience. This experience it gathered from regular confrontations/battles with other animals most notably, lions from other prides trying to mount a takeover. Impressive!

Another point in favour of lion is its thick mane grown around its neck area.

Cats signature bite is to the neck. The mane I reckon will give the Lion some protection should the tiger aim for the Lion's neck.

My verdict.

No winner grin but if I must pick a winner, it will be the striped monster. smiley
Good analysis
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by jnrbayano(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
chucky234: Lions are lazy fighters, Lioness put up better fight than a Lion.

Its just laughable what you just typed.

Who defends the pride when under siege? I say the Lion, you say what?

Lions lazy fighters? I didn't read this at all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by jnrbayano(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
IfyAngela:
Good analysis

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by chucky234(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
jnrbayano:

Its just laughable what you just typed.

Who defends the pride when under siege? I say the Lion, you say what?

Lions lazy fighters? I didn't read this at all.
Shows you know nothing about Lions.
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by jnrbayano(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
chucky234: Shows you know nothing about Lions.

Please, educate me.
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by gsalvatore: 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tiger go murder the Lion anytime,anyday,anywhere.

The only thing that fears a tiger is fire...Tiger can swim, climb, run, hunt, has the best stealth mode and great awareness of her enviroment. Never heard or see a lion swim.

Tiger will win.
The chinese will agree to this too. Tiger style. Never heard of Lion style in kungfu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by coobboy(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2014
mebad: Lions live in pride, which is the only advantage it has over the tiger. A full grown single lion vs a full grown individual tiger is only going to result in the tiger murdering the lion.

Reason Being that the Bengal Tiger which is the biggest weighs more, has a larger bite force than the African lion which is the biggest lion.

In captivity, tigers have been known to attack and kill lions(google is ur friend) even when the situation is not favorable to them.
Siberian tiger :the biggest tiger
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by coobboy(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2014
chucky234: Lions are lazy fighters, Lioness put up better fight than a Lion.
Hahaha kurdish(turkish) kangals? U need to see their sizes near lions watch youtube videos.
They are like baby cubs even the lions don't take them seriously in confrontations

3 Likes

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by coobboy(m): 8:13am On Sep 11, 2014
Ehm the tigers can't win a fight with the lions, the tigers don't have durability like the lion does
Tigers though they are bigger in size (which makes the slower) bigger heads, jaws and they are the biggest cats

Lions they are quite smaller than the tigers (but they are way faster than the tigers) smaller jaws, ability to stand with to legs and strike their front paws side by side like they are giving punches ( the lion will never back down in a fight)
The TIGER would definitely hurt the LION but the LION (think why its called king) would kill it, cos it would never back down until death.

THE FIGHT
They meet themselves and jump in aggressively to their selves the lion and the tigers the goes up standing like humans the tiger then gives the first paw blow to the lion's face but the mane of lion protecting it gives it an advantage it dosent affect too much, the lion then pounces back giving the tiger like 5 paw blows to the face which brings the tiger back to its four leg position, then it pounces on the lion on missionary position (the tiger on top the lion down) then it tries to lock its jaw down on the lion the lion then moves its face around the kicks the tiger off of it with its back legs, then goes off immediately and locks in to the tigers neck and dosent release, then the tiger finds a way to get the lion to release it, then backs down in the fight and runs off
Albeit the lion was thoroughly hurt, so as the tiger too but the tiger backed down.
NOW TELL ME WHO WON, the LION see's them they RUN

Watch youtube videos for regular fights, they're much there
The LION wins majority of the fights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by chucky234(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2014
coobboy:
Hahaha kurdish(turkish) kangals? U need to see their size near lion watch youtube videos.
They are like baby cubs even the lions don't take them seriously in confrontations
Size is nothing, Rhodesian Ridgeback used in hunting African Lions in SA is not bigger than the Kangal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by coobboy(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2014
chucky234: Size is nothing, Rhodesian Ridgeback use in hunting African Lions in SA is not bigger than the Kangal.
Hunting you mean by taking down african lions or detecting a specific location of african lions
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by chucky234(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2014
coobboy:
Hunting you mean by taking down african lions or detecting a specific location of african lions
The Rhodesian Ridgeback takes on Lion in a fight and keep them at bay to enable the owner makes the kill, Lion's bite force is between 600lb - 700lb while the Turkish Kangal dog have a bite force of 700lb.
Tigers are beasts as they were built to kill, they are far bigger and stronger than Lions and got the worst bite of any wild cats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by coobboy(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2014
chucky234: The Rhodesian Ridgeback takes on Lion in a fight and keep them at bay to enable the owner makes the kill, Lion's bite force is between 600lb - 700lb while the Turkish Kangal dog have a bite force of 700lb.
Tigers are beasts as they were built to kill, they are far bigger and stronger than Lions and got the worst bite of any wild cats.
Alright.
But still yet you are tryna pull something off, you said its not by size,(now ur saying the tiger is "bigger" that would make it win a fight against the lion)..... And then back in saying a smaller animal (the dog) would kill a lion.... What makes you think a smaller animal (the lion) won't kill the bigger animal (tiger) in a fight.

Let's use normal terms a big fat person and about 7'1 (bigshow, shaquil o'neil) and way stronger than a smaller person (mohammed ali, mike tyson) who would win in a face off? When you've got blows all over you? The smaller person would surely win (because of the skill and speed).... Lions definitely have skills and faster when they fight.
A tiger wont win a fight with the king of the beasts.

(I just laugh when you say dogs can take on the big cats) Kurdish (turkish) kangal? Did you know bite force is known by how big the jaws are... Hyenas have bigger bite forces about 950- 1000psi does that make it stronger or make it bold enough to face a lion a female lion infact or even to the brink of killing it (did you know a full grown male lion can take up to 4 hyenas and still win the fight?). No way, a kurdish kangal can't even face off with a hyena talkless of a big cat.
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by chucky234(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
coobboy:
Alright.
But still yet you are tryna pull something off, you said its not by size,(now ur saying the tiger is "bigger" that would make it win a fight against the lion)..... And then back in saying a smaller animal (the dog) would kill a lion.... What makes you think a smaller animal (the lion) won't kill the bigger animal (tiger) in a fight.

Let's use normal terms a big fat person and about 7'1 (bigshow, shaquil o'neil) and way stronger than a smaller person (mohammed ali, mike tyson) who would win in a face off? When you've got blows all over you? The smaller person would surely win (because of the skill and speed).... Lions definitely have skills and faster when they fight.
A tiger wont win a fight with the king of the beasts.

(I just laugh when you say dogs can take on the big cats) Kurdish (turkish) kangal? Did you know bite force is known by how big the jaws are... Hyenas have bigger bite forces about 950- 1000psi does that make it stronger or make it bold enough to face a lion a female lion infact or even to the brink of killing it (did you know a full grown male lion can take up to 4 hyenas and still win the fight?). No way, a kurdish kangal can't even face off with a hyena talkless of a big cat.
Hyenas and Wolves are nothing for the Kangal, as for Lion vs Tiger read this and revert:
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_versus_lion

2 Likes

Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by KingdomX: 4:43am On Jul 08, 2016
I think there are more records of lions killing tigers than vice versa

http://wildanimalwarfare.yuku.com/topic/6/Lion-kills-male-tigers?page=1
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by pmadise(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
This argument is always unending because God in His infinite wisdom didnt place the 2 beasts in the same forest. In d wild, these beasts can never meet talk less of a natural fight.

They are so different in their strengths and weaknesses. All lions and all tigers dont have the same fighting power so picking 1 domesticated lion and another tiger randomly for a staged fight still doesnt solve the puzzle.

My final take is that considering all things are equal in terms of age, weight, etc in the wild and the lion goes to the natural solitary territory of the tiger the latter will win. If the same tiger strays to the open habitat of the lion surely the lion is a winner.

Why? Because God didnt create them to fight each other.
Re: A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight by jnrbayano(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
pmadise:
This argument is always unending because God in His infinite wisdom didnt place the 2 beasts in the same forest. In d wild, these beasts can never meet talk less of a natural fight.

They are so different in their strengths and weaknesses. All lions and all tigers dont have the same fighting power so picking 1 domesticated lion and another tiger randomly for a staged fight still doesnt solve the puzzle.

My final take is that considering all things are equal in terms of age, weight, etc in the wild and the lion goes to the natural solitary territory of the tiger the latter will win. If the same tiger strays to the open habitat of the lion surely the lion is a winner.

Why? Because God didnt create them to fight each other.

God created humans to fight each other? God created hyenas to face off with Cheetahs?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? / How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? / Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.