Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited (8357 Views)

OSTRICH SUCCESS INTERNATIONAL College,is Accredited By British Council / Another Nigerian Graduates As Best Student In Cyprus International University / Cyprus International University's Visit To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by kennywood2: 11:37am On Sep 10, 2014
I need help on Cyprus International University CIU.

Can anyone help to check if they are accredited internationally?

I have read some articles on internet but am confused with different stories.

Is there anyone who knows any of their graduates that have served in Nigeria (NYSC)?

Or is there anyone who has completed his/her Post Graduates program in CIU? I need some information.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by Gooci(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by Evzi: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dear Kenny,

I hope I can be of help.
The best way of checking if ANY University is internationally recognized and accredited, is to check on the website of: International Association of Universities. IAU, founded in 1950, is the UNESCO-based worldwide association of higher education institutions. And since it is UNESCO, which is a unit of UN, it provides reliable source of information. It brings together institutions and organisations from some 120 countries.
You can find it here: http://www.iau-aiu.net/content/institutions
Then if you scroll down to Turkey (due to political reasons it is listed under Turkey and not Cyprus), you will see the Cyprus International University.

The link on CIU website will also guide you to various accreditation bodies: http://www.ciu.edu.tr/en/hakkimizda/akreditasyonlar-ve-uyelikler/

Cyprus International University has also recognition locally from various governments including the Nigerian one, meaning that after your graduation you can apply for jobs back in Nigeria also in Public Sector.

I personally know some of the students who served in NYSC, and if you give me your email I will be happy to put you in touch with them. I also know Nigerian students who graduated and successfully pursued either their working careers or further education in both Nigeria and other parts of the world, including but not limited to USA, UK and Germany. I can also put you in touch with some PG Alumni if you wish.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Kind regards,
Evz
Re: Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by Evzi: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gooci: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=146651

Dear Gooci,
Thank you for providing this rather old news that contain a lot of misinformation. But as you did so, I would also encourage everyone to read the comments under the article, which may give you more learned point of view on the matter.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by EsosaAiguwurhuo: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good Day everyone,i am a Student of Cyprus International University.This is a most rather misleading information about the university,the school over the years has earned quite a numerous amount of respect as regarding the education sector of TRNC,its built up a certain reputation and hence being chosen as one of the best school in TRNC. The Course offered in the university are loaded and it will in turn give you a wider scope into you desired Course. When you graduate,you will be able to seek good jobs across the globe.

To Check if the University is Accredited and Internationally Recognized,Click this links below :

http://www.iau-aiu.net/content/institutions
http://www.ciu.edu.tr/en/hakkimizda/akreditasyonlar-ve-uyelikler/

Thank You and Please Spread the Word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by arifkaredia: 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
but i couldn't see cyprus international university name in the provided list. please help me in this regard
regards
Arif
Re: Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited by Thomas464: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
Evzi has said it all. For all those negatively criticising the CIU. I have a friend who has done Msc there and currently working and doing his PhD. I have someone has also gone there and he gave a good remark. Browse online and you will find out that it far better than Nigeria which is without order. Those people who claimed they have gone there for study weren't serious. Or they had other bad motives which didn't materialise. Don't be discouraged bro.

(1) (Reply)

ALL POST-UTME CANDIDATES; What You Must Know. Discussion Forum / Two Students In Court For Stealing Recharge Cards From Cripple / Rsust 2015/2016 Post Utme Cut Off Mark And Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.