Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 (68886 Views)

My CGPA Is Low And I Need To Finish With 2.1 / He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Not Finish With A 2.1 To Succeed At A Job Or In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by bayulll01(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

If I may ask: Should government provide job or create an enabling environment for job creation?
mr man,both work in hand,ok u want investor to come Abi,where is the power,where is basic amenities I understand u are learner,u are still a babe don't worry when u start working u will run back here and companies lain u don't have value for your money,until then keep living in your deluded world
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
bayulll01:
mr man,both work in hand,ok u want investor to come Abi,where is the power,where is basic amenities I understand u are learner,u are still a babe don't worry when u start working u will run back here and companies lain u don't have value for your money,until then keep living in your deluded world

Do you just type for typing sake just to be called a typist? Or do you actually 'talk' before 'thinking'?

You made an assertion that 'until government begins to provide 200,000 jobs for the millions of NYSC corps who pass out everyday...'. My question was and still is: should government prioritise creating jobs or creating conducive environment for job creation?

Now your reply to that question is contradictory. Read your own comment bro.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
cocoduck:
It depends on the ''type of Goods'' my brother and that is why if you study your economics too well you will be taught such only happened (primary law of demand/supply) where other variables are held constant thus the notion ''ceteris paribus'' !!

Do you know what a graduate trainee earn in a bank ? Do you know what MNCs pay someone with ICAN and M.sc ?

Do you know what a level 8 officer earn with Federal Govt parastatals ? What about those in Professional service industry ?

Oil sector ,Telecommunication, Manufacturing, Academic(Lecturer/Professor) ?

We are in capitalist economy though our constitution states ''Mixed Economy'' but if you study Govt through the years , you would discovered that so many public corporations has undergone outright sales to private bodies who are driven by profit !!

Capitalism (Profit Oriented Economy) always bring about huge competition and in order for you to cut an edge , you must stand above competitors in whatever you are doing be it Job, Business or what have you ......

Very soon, in order for you to obtain huge contract (supply of whatever you sell) , you have to write business proposals and defend your proposals and excel beyond competitions else you will always remain a local/street business man .....

A Job seeker must also writeup a superb CV and defend such CV over and above his colleagues before you will be takened serious by any company !

But many Graduates can actually read, write and pass exams but come and defend what you have written , then ..... Stammering and incoherent statements emerge !

A company will only take someone who has passion, love and huge desire to work for such company and who only think about how to solve the companies' problem and achieve their corporate objectives and the only means by which a company find out is :

''INTERVIEW''

...... That is where a graduate who only think about how to earn big salary got segregated from the one who actually knows the companies problem/objectives and ready to fill the gap with academic,professional,experience and excellent skills and providing strategic and pragmatic solutions while getting remunerated in the process

I know many people that win contracts and got a Good Job strictly by Merit ...... They showed the company they are the best through aptitude tests and interviews and the companies have no reason not to take them !!

My firstJob after service was through merit , infact my interviewer gave me a present by buying me lunch ..... tongue

''they simply gave me the problem they are having and asked me how I would provide solutions in helping them ..... ? ..... Before I went for the interview , I read the companies' profile like my final year exams where failure is spill over !!

also, I asked around from staff of the company especially, the recently employed before our set .....

Also, I sat my mama down and generate an online Interview questions relating to the industry that company is , provide answers to this questions and gave my mama the script and asked her to be drilling me before the interview date !! afterall she go share the money na

A firstclass can never get anything less than a lecturer Job from his institution/other institution.
also , he will automatically qualified to market himself During Interview ..... If he now goof then such Firstclass is lacram la pour .... He merit Firstclass but doesn't belong to corporate world !!

2'1 has higher prospect of qualifying for interview and the opportunity to sell himself .....

2'2 also has the rare Opportunity to prove he can do better than his academic degree though advice to go for advancement of academic,skills and professional qualifications to broadened his chance !

3rd class and below should better for for PGD/MBA/MSC/Professional qualifications etc and comeback so strong to defeat any obstacles ....

The above is only meant for when you don't know anyone to get you a job .....

ManKnowMan is not even a crime .... Even in abroad you will get Job easily through recommendation by someone with goodwill than hunting for the job yourself !!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by bayulll01(m): 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

Do you just type for typing sake just to be called a typist? Or do you actually 'talk' before 'thinking'?

You made an assertion that 'until government begins to provide 200,000 jobs for the millions of NYSC corps who pass out everyday...'. My question was and still is: should government prioritise creating jobs or creating conducive environment for job creation?

I actually tot u are smart never knew u just made ur 2.1 by mere reading without any critical reasoning,I don't have time for a learner av told u,start working and come back and give me the feedback,until then don't reply me again
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by mechanics(m): 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

There are companies that do.
hmmm, dats nt d best at al den, a company who want d best 4rm an employee wil nt ask 4 such, dats why i dont bother abt dem again, am an entrepreneur.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
mechanics: hmmm, dats nt d best at al den, a company who want d best 4rm an employee wil nt ask 4 such, dats why i dont bother abt dem again, am an entrepreneur.

As an entrepreneur, you'd want the best for your business. There's a level you'll get to, you'll begin to put in these measures you currently feel are irrelevant.

Have you wondered why the multinationals, especially those in oil, consulting and even banking require your academic transcript? I understand that KPMG does 'benchmarking' and your transcript plays a role in that.

So invariably, they do ask for a 'solid' and 'strong' academic background which only a 'strong 2.1' and First Class make the list.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kazman117: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Olutola88: This piece is for those undergraduates that will like to seek for jobs after school but do not have solid connection. A 1st class or 2.1 will help you AVOID or ALLEVIATE the labour market frustration. Nevertheless, the ones that have influential parents, uncles and aunts can also take a cue from it because it is easier to help someone with a good result.

I am a recent graduate from a Nigerian Federal University. I finished with a strong 2.1 but I wish I made a 1st class. I would have made that First class if I were very hard working. I know many people are like me, they would have had better grades if they were more serious. What I'm saying in essence is that most of us are powerful beyond measures but we do not realize how powerful we could be.

Finishing with a 2.1 is just about having 3.5 out of total 5.0 CGPA. One can achieve this by mixing Bs with Cs in your courses. I had many friends that didn't have solid academic background, weren't very quick at learning but struggled to finish with 3.5, 3.6 after a lot of hard work. Not to talk of many of you that are sharp, it's just that you are too lazy. I was also a lazy brat but that's bygone because I've learnt my lessons.

As a result of the very high rate of unemployment in Nigeria, employers use all possible strategies to pre screen as many as possible applicants and the most popular is the class of degree.

9 out of every 10 Graduate Trainee adverts ask for a minimum of 2.1. The other thing they use in pre screening is age and many also require to have a minimum of 5 credits including maths and english @ one sitting for O'level.

Now let's analyze it: By the time KPMG, Ernst & Young, PWC, Akintola Deloitte, Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Total, Schlumberger, Diamond Bank, GTB, Zenith, First Bank, Nigerian Stock Exchange, P&G, Unilever, Honey well, Nestle, Cadbury, Guiness, Nigerian Breweries, Consolidated Breweries, PZ Cussons, etc all advertise graduate trainee positions and they all ask for a minimum of 2.1. How do you think someone that finished with a 2.2 will feel?

I'm currently observing NYSC and I've been applying for jobs. Many of my fellow corps members always ask me to share latest job openings with them but many of them have not been able to apply for any because they finished with below 2.1. I hope we all have an idea how frustrating this could be, for you not to have the privilege to prove yourself even when you might be better and more employable than some of us that finished with 2.1 and 1st class.

As I'm writing this piece, I have two friends that just got job offers from a reputable multinational company in Nigeria. Guess what? They are both still serving and will resume immediately after NYSC in October. You know what? One of them finished with a 1st class and the other with a strong 2.1.

I know some of you will ask about me, I'm also at the last stage of interview and I have reached some recruitment stages in other good companies. All I need is Almighty God's favour and your prayers can also help land a job offer in some days time *lol*.

Many of us have been misled. We've been made to believe that even if you finish with good grades, you still won't get a good job in Nigeria if you don't have connection. For those that will listen, I can confidently tell you that we still have Firms that act with INTEGRITY in Nigeria, Organizations that will hire you based on your abilities, Companies that will not compromise standards, Employers that will give you an offer without knowing even a gate man. Many Multinationals in Nigeria fall in that category. At least, I know of Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) and Procter & Gamble(P&G). We have many others but those are the two I've had comprehensive experience with.

Finishing with a 2.1 is very easy only if one can put in the required effort and above all pray to God. For the atheists, just keep working hard, working smart and always have a destination. I know you will believe in God someday*lmao*

In Conclusion, one of the commonest things in life is seeing talented people that are unsuccessful. Many of us are gifted but we are just too lazy to make the best use of our potential. If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent.
uncle share me ur contact pls
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc,

I also think you have a problem just the same way BayuIII01 stated !!

You asked me what I meant , I explained myself to you and you still held to your insinuations .....

The fact that I never said so explicitly should be convincing enough not to hold such assertion against me ........

I told you what you felt regarding the post is not what I was implying and you are still debating nonsense with me !!

I don't argue for argue sake joor !

There is no need for your debate since what you instigated against me were not so ....

If you have any other issues with my post/assertion kindly point them out and don't debate based on nonsensical insinuations..... I don't do street arguement but Point arguement ! grin
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
donroxy: kaboninc,

I also think you have a problem just the same way BayuIII01 stated !!

You asked me what I meant , I explained myself to you and you still held to your insinuations .....

The fact that I never said so explicitly should be convincing enough not to hold such assertion against me ........

I told you what you felt regarding the post is not what I was implying and you are still debating nonsense with me !!

I don't argue for argue sake joor !

There is no need for your debate since what you instigated against me were not so ....

If you have any other issues with my post/assertion kindly point them out and don't debate based on nonsensical insinuations..... I don't do street arguement but Point arguement ! grin

If you have eyes you'd see my response to him. And someone who claims to be smart as you do would notice my side of view. Am not looking for a debate with you because seriously, you're no match.

I brought up something from your comment which as someone who's 'smart' would carefully look at it. I'll stand by my word that you took CONSPIRACY as a FACT. If you accept, that's your shit and if you don't, its still your headache. This will be my last reply to you.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
bayulll01:
I actually tot u are smart never knew u just made ur 2.1 by mere reading without any critical reasoning,I don't have time for a learner av told u,start working and come back and give me the feedback,until then don't reply me again

Even your sentences tells so much about someone who's calling another a 'learner'. Well someone who's smart cannot provide clear, simple and unambiguous response to questions asked.

I've always said this, nairaland is fast losing its pride. Gone are the days you have really intelligent guys discussing real issues. What you find now are 2go kids floating about.

Oga, your discussion is not worth my time. So this will be my last reply to you.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:
If you have eyes you'd see my response to him. And someone who claims to be smart as you do would notice my side of view. Am not looking for a debate with you because seriously, you're no match.

I brought up something from your comment which as someone who's 'smart' would carefully look at it. I'll stand by my word that you took CONSPIRACY as a FACT. If you accept, that's your shit and if you don't, its still your headache. This will be my last reply to you.
congratulation , na you win @ last grin grin .... E baffled you say I no see ya side of view ..... tongue Ochuko, na so e baffled me ooo when you also blind ya eye to my view too ! (paid you in ya coin, man) !!!

Yeyeman, e just press Control ''P'' 4 my matter like say a bum KeyBoard ! tongue
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

Even your sentences tells so much about someone who's calling another a 'learner'. Well someone who's smart cannot provide clear, simple and unambiguous response to questions asked.

I've always said this, nairaland is fast losing its pride. Gone are the days you have really intelligent guys discussing real issues. What you find now are 2go kids floating about.

Oga, your discussion is not worth my time. So this will be my last reply to you.
Na who you wan form for .... U no well grin !! ...
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by bayulll01(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

guy u are getting on my nerves do u want me to spoon feed u,ok what is it u don't understand I promise to wake ur dead brain Baba!!!
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by cocoduck: 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
donroxy: It depends on the ''type of Goods'' my brother and that is why if you study your economics too well you will be taught such only happened (primary law of demand/supply) where other variables are held constant thus the notion ''ceteris paribus'' !!

Do you know what a graduate trainee earn in a bank ? Do you know what MNCs pay someone with ICAN and M.sc ?

Do you know what a level 8 officer earn with Federal Govt parastatals ? What about those in Professional service industry ?

We are in capitalist economy though our constitution states ''Mixed Economy'' but if you study Govt through the years , you would discovered that so many public corporations has undergone outright sales to private bodies who are driven by profit !!

Capitalism (Profit Oriented Economy) always bring about huge competition and in order for you to cut an edge , you must stand above competitors in whatever you are doing be it Job, Business or what have you ......

Very soon, in order for you to obtain huge contract (supply of whatever you sell) , you have to write business proposals and defend your proposals and excel beyond competitions else you will always remain a local/street business man .....

A Job seeker must also writeup a superb CV and defend such CV over and above his colleagues before you will be takened serious by any company !

But many Graduates can actually read, write and pass exams but come and defend what you have written , then ..... Stammering and incoherent statements emerge !

A company will only take someone who has passion, love and huge desire to work for such company and who only think about how to solve the companies' problem and achieve their corporate objectives and the only means by which a company find out is :

''INTERVIEW''

...... That is where a graduate who only think about how to earn big salary got segregated from the one who actually knows the companies problem/objectives and ready to fill the gap with academic,professional,experience and excellent skills and providing strategic and pragmatic solutions while getting remunerated in the process

I know many people that win contracts and got a Good Job strictly by Merit ...... They showed the company they are the best through aptitude tests and interviews and the companies have no reason not to take them !!

My firstJob after service was through merit , infact my interviewer gave me a present by buying me lunch ..... tongue

''they simply gave me the problem they are having and asked me how I would provide solutions in helping them ..... ? ..... Before I went for the interview , I read the companies' profile like my final year exams where failure is spill over !!

also, I asked around from staff of the company especially, the recently employed before our set .....

Also, I sat my mama down and generate an online Interview questions relating to the industry that company is , provide answers to this questions and gave my mama the script and asked her to be drilling me before the interview date !! afterall she go share the money na

A firstclass can never get anything less than a lecturer Job from his institution/other institution.
also , he will automatically qualified to market himself During Interview ..... If he now goof then such Firstclass is lacram la pour .... He merit Firstclass but doesn't belong to corporate world !!

2'1 has higher prospect of qualifying for interview and the opportunity to sell himself .....

2'2 also has the rare Opportunity to prove he can do better than his academic degree though advice to go for advancement of academic,skills and professional qualifications to broadened his chance !

3rd class and below should better for for PGD/MBA/MSC/Professional qualifications etc and comeback so strong to defeat any obstacles ....

ManKnowMan is not even a crime .... Even in abroad you will get Job easily through recommendation by someone with goodwill than hunting for the job yourself !!
The passion you are talking about, when directed to what you consider your own, the sky will be your limit, God forbid I become a wage slave.
answering yes sir yes sir everyday to somebody because he is my boss. BE YOU OWN BOSS, MANITO, all these interview this interview that will do me no good. I learn a skill or two, in my own case Web designing and auto electrical electronics, on the streets I open my own business and grow it from ground Up, since I am my own boss, I will also have the time to complete numerous other projects before I die. have you ever heard of an employee that his richer than his employer? just with the paltry sum he receives form his boss. That is not possible. i am not saying that working for your BOSS is bad but don't look down on those who decided to go their own way, even if he is a roadside vulcanizer.
for carpenters: look at IKEA
for fashion designers look at l'oreal, TH, Burberry, GAP etc
for computer programmers look at, the makers of the game The Witcher
and so many more. you are limited by you own desire and determination.
I will not go to any office and beg them to employ me, instead they will come tome and beg me just as they are doing to my auto electricals and electronics tutor, many companies even Shell have been calling him to work for them but he always declines. He does not touch old cars, only luxury cars, like today, we worked on a Nissan Murano. Problem: gearbox,the car came from Dubai and the owner bought it at a lower but he has to change the gear box, which is not easy to find, so we had to adapt a gearbox that belongs to another brand to the Murano, Of course you cannot just put a foreign gear box and expect it to work. it wouldn't even start, we had to use a computer to flash some thing inside the ECU and did various other things for the car to even start because The car is computerized.it did not even take us up to 3 hours we were done (Road test included). do you know how much he was payed? two hundred thousand Naira cash
for everything including the parts we took from our shop. and you know what? we still have a long list of cars waiting to be serviced or repaired. Man, I am proud of this business, I just can't wait to start my own. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Poisonspirit: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

U harsh O bros...grin
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by bayulll01(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
kaboninc:

u are already getting on my nerves are u that dull,do u want me to spoon feed you,okay tell the part u don't understand I will help ur dead brain
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
you spend huge monies on fees and thesis as if you get a high paying job when you are done. the other was talking about capitalism and competition and see nothing wrong with it! they keep living in delusion unwilling to agree that their education is overrated whose contents cannot be converted into productivity. cocoduck has said it all.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Contumely: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2014
safarigirl: If you're a law student, most likely, your University degree won't mean shiiit after law school. To enter law school, you not only have to fall between 2:1 and first class, you must be well known in the law faculty for a positive thing.

Else...pesin with Pass go just pass you

A bad fallacy, your degree will go a long way after graduation, check some big coys like KPMG for instance www.ngscholars.com/2014/09/kpmg-nigeria-graduate-trainees-recruitment-2015-2016/
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Contumely: 12:21am On Sep 13, 2014
Freelancer00: Sir. Ur logic is flawed. Ur grade doesn't determine ur level of success in life.
Case study: My boss.
He attended a polytechnic in the southwest. He graduated his ND in the 3rd year after numerous carry overs. He was 'given' certificate of attendance. After school, he started working in a company where he later became the head of his department cos of his high technical ability. After 2 years, he branches out on his own, registered his firm, started using his technical expertise to get small contracts of 'man must survive' grade. Fast forward years later, he's sitting in his office inside his AC given orders to first class and second class upper graduates.
Moral of my story is YOUR GRADE DOESNT DETERMINE YOUR LEVEL OF SUCCESS IN LIFE.

Freelancer00: Someone with a 3rd class is heading his fathers company and he's doing quite well. 2. 1 or first class doesn't guarantee u poo

And who said that an illiterate or a pass grad cannot be a boss? Can't you get that the point is that having a good grade gives you the edge, opens many doors ranging from access to interviews to scholarships. Big coys like KPMG, PwC etc emphasize 2:1 and above. It happens all over the world that grads with good grades or Ivy league schools are sought after. Just like comparing an OND with a BSc holder, when you the difference is clear for eg in the civil service.
I hate it when people are unreasonably pig headed. Your post smacks of frustration and a cheap attempt to garner forlon hope and validation for yourself. Keep citing few exception and regarding them as the rule. Sounds like a dolt. More like you made a pass in school. Keep living in delusions. Gibberish.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by safarigirl(f): 12:31am On Sep 13, 2014
Contumely:

A bad fallacy, your degree will go a long way after graduation, check some big coys like KPMG for instance www.ngscholars.com/2014/09/kpmg-nigeria-graduate-trainees-recruitment-2015-2016/
law is a professional course. It's not like economics where you have to work for someone, so for the most part, you sail your own boat.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Contumely: 12:39am On Sep 13, 2014
safarigirl: law is a professional course. It's not like economics where you have to work for someone, so for the most part, you sail your own boat.
Yes a professional course and so? Do you know that if you want to be a judge, lecturer etc that class of degree is put into consideration?

And for saying that u mostly sail ur boat, I will say that u are a student of or must have studied anything but law for not knowing that more that 60 percent of lawyers dont go to court because i know thats what you mean by 'sailing your boat'

The OP's argument is blanket and admits of just few exceptions.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Contumely: 12:46am On Sep 13, 2014
asokoromadam: From the look of it,OP is a recent graduate or a recent graduate jambito,you never see anything.2-1 ko,first class ni.

Wait.until ur nysc end,u go hear wen
Tripe! Hear what? Was it not his mates that have gotten jobs already which he cited. He has attended interviews and now in last stage of one, he can as well secure a job. You think he must experience your chequered fate?

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Contumely: 1:51am On Sep 13, 2014
Kagawa:

I BEG TO DIFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strategy and plan that aids in navigating to the top of class just to get 2'1 or 1 is not the same as THAT BY WHICH ONE CAN MAKE IT IN GLOBAL BUSINESS WORLD.

YOUR COMMENT IS NULL AND VOID, BUT I DO NOT BLAME YOU FOR YOU CAN ONLY SPEAK AS YOU UNDERSTAND AND CHATTER WHAT YOUR MIND CAN FATHOM.

GO TO ALABA, COMPUTER VILLAGE, TRADEFAIR, BALOGUN, THOSE MEN DO BUSINESS EVERY DAY WORTH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WITH CHINA, TAIPEI, HONG KONG, UNITED STATES, VIETNAM, JAPAN, GERMANY.... THE WORLD LEADING BUSINESS COUNTRIES. THEY DO NOT HAVE 2'1 OR 1, YOU ARE HERE TALKING ABOUT 2'1 AND STRATEGY AND GLOBAL BUSINESS... YOU DON'T KNOW JACK.

Its you that do not know jack. Some of these men you mentioned didn't have the opportunity to attend a uni. If they did, the same luck, discipline and hard work would have most likely made them make good grades. Just analogous to calling Bill Gates, steve jonBS and Zuckeberg drop out, when you know that they would have made a first class if they continued.

So if you calim to possess those qualities, ordinarily and averagely, you would have done well in school.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 13, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]Our country is where first class/Distinction leaves schools to become core professionals, graduate with second class upper or Upper credit become businessmen and hire the first class/Distinction graduate. The ones that graduate with becomes a career politician and hire the first class/distinction & second class upper/upper credit (Dangote, Steve jobs, and Mark Zugerback are good examples). The ones that manage to go with pass or drop out become men of the underworld and rule us all (like late Adedibu in Ibadan, Chris Uba of Ngice saga and Bobby Izua)
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by audiigee(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2014
OpYzo: hey dear I also finished with a strong 2:1 know I could have done better if I strived harder but dats bygone. I am also finishing NYSC in october and have not gotten any thing, been using jobberman since nothing...can u link me.Thanks

@opyzo,u need more than jobberman to get u a job,if u really want to get a job, u need to network. Online, sites, friends, families, family relatives and so on. U culd be surprise what a friend could do fo u. Try out myjobmag.com and nairaland vacancy sections.send a mail for more info.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2014
donroxy: It depends on the ''type of Goods'' my brother and that is why if you study your economics too well you will be taught such only happened (primary law of demand/supply) where other variables are held constant thus the notion ''ceteris paribus'' !!

''INTERVIEW''

Who says Nigerian youths are not talented? Please help me give the person a hot knock on the head!

Just take a look @ the level of this Gentleman's incisiveness, his communication is stupendous and a wise person can deduce from this piece that you are INTELLIGENT. I doff my hat bro!

When I establish my business, I'll be visiting forums like this to read people's posts and invite people like you to pass through hiring process in my company *lol*.

Since I don't have a company yet, I'll just have you on my network list as we could network when I sign my 1st job contract with a LUCKY company I don't know yet. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2014
Contumely:
Yes a professional course and so? Do you know that if you want to be a judge, lecturer etc that class of degree is put into consideration?

And for saying that u mostly sail ur boat, I will say that u are a student of or must have studied anything but law for not knowing that more that 60 percent of lawyers dont go to court because i know thats what you mean by 'sailing your boat'

The OP's argument is blanket and admits of just few exceptions.
chai! See another intellectual! All these talents in Nigeria?
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 10:40am On Sep 13, 2014
I Love the way you guys have been debating. I have a piece of advice for you: DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE, IMPROVE YOUR ARGUMENT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Oga samdson, you are on my thread again. *lol*. Welcome sir, longtime
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by butanep(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2014
danduchi: OP....I kw plenty people who finished with 2.2 and third class and are working in first class office.O boy shine your eyes,its either God helps you with ur first class or 2.2 or else you need to know somebody who knows another person who is married to that person and younger brother to the person who is a friend to the employer...in simple word,you need long leg
keep quiet your mouth... The Op is very right. You don't read very well... The Op said if you re from a very influntial family, you might not face problem even with a third class... Have you ask your friends how did they secure the job... If you are not from a well to do family, you better be serious with your studies... A 2.1 is possible only if yòu re serious...
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by mechanics(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2014
kaboninc:

As an entrepreneur, you'd want the best for your business. There's a level you'll get to, you'll begin to put in these measures you currently feel are irrelevant.

Have you wondered why the multinationals, especially those in oil, consulting and even banking require your academic transcript? I understand that KPMG does 'benchmarking' and your transcript plays a role in that.

So invariably, they do ask for a 'solid' and 'strong' academic background which only a 'strong 2.1' and First Class make the list.
ok, av heard u, but am nt disputing dat fact, atleast dey shud give room 4 all, so indirectly ar d companies trying to say dat weak 2.1 ar nt relevant, cos to me even a 2.2 student can perform beta dan a first class n dis days were students bribe lecturers in kind n cash, God dey.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Samcathe: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
It is in this part of the world that we celebrate certificate rather than inventions.

Certificate will only provide you a job.

Are u saying u dnt care how ur lady gets her first class or 2.1 even to the extent of sleeping with more than 5 lecturers.
Whats the essence of having a grade that you can not defend outside.

All I knw is that there is no sane being that will not strive to graduate with good grade but our ability/family/challenges/background differs and this goes a long way to determine ones grade.

Joy83:
Countless number of female out there with first class and 2'1. So being a female doesn't mean one can't finish with good grade. As we have female with third class or pass grade, so we have it in male.
So, gender is not an excuse to graduate with lesser grade. Even as I am, I can't marry a lady with less than good 2'1(first class preferably)...lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? / Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / How Can One Get Original NECO Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.