Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

MADNESS: FG to spend N2.68tn Budget in 2009 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MADNESS: FG to spend N2.68tn Budget in 2009 (706 Views)

Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari / Buhari Produced Most Embarrassing Budget In History- Saharareporters / Senate To Pass 2016 Budget In March - Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MADNESS: FG to spend N2.68tn Budget in 2009 by dayotee2(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2008
This Nigerian government no go kill person oo , 

I just saw this headline in punch and couldnt wait to finish reading it before doing this post:

FG proposes N2.68tn budget for 2009 ,  what happened to the implementation of the 2008 budget? where did all the money go to? where are the repaired roads or new road? or all the money has been spent on the third mainland bridge? because that is the only thing I remember this government has done since 2007.

The spendings will also include N60bn subsidy to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria through the Multi-Year Tariff Order.

A breakdown of capital allocation showed that a total of N3.8bn was allocated to the Presidency, N5.6bn to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, N3.1bn to the Ministry of Youth Development and N800m to Women Affairs.

Transportation received N114.2bn, Health N34.5bn, Energy N110.3bn, Agriculture N80.9bn, Interior N25.6bn, the Federal Capital Territory N30.6bn, Environment and Housing N4.3bn; Tourism, Culture and National Orientation N4.2bn, Defence N27.7bn and Education N23.8bn.

Omo see as we dey spend money yet nothing to show for it ,

The the question that comes to mind when I see figures like this is, what did we do with all this Money?

More on punch website: http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200810300224537

Now they want to add insult upon our injury by HIGHLY taxing us to raise money for there pocket

President Umaru Yar’Adua, at the International Tax Conference in Abuja on Monday, expressed dismay over the falling oil prices, which occassioned the slashing of the oil benchmark.

Yar’Adua said that due to the dwindling prices of crude in the international oil market, the nation would have to look at other sources of revenue, [b]especially ta[/b]x, for sustainable economic development.

why can't we look to agriculture, IT, youth development and many others for to sources for revenue.

let talk: How best can we secure a successful Implemetation of budget in Nigeria ,  we can't continue like this.
Re: MADNESS: FG to spend N2.68tn Budget in 2009 by kokorunna(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2008
Naija for show, budget every year and we do not know where its spent.

90% of the money goes to corruption.

God will help us grin
Re: MADNESS: FG to spend N2.68tn Budget in 2009 by asha80(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2008
we never see anything.
Re: MADNESS: FG to spend N2.68tn Budget in 2009 by bawomolo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2008
how is it madness. do you think development is going to come for cheap.  scrutinize how the money is being spent and not the size of the budget

(1) (Reply)

Arise & Fight With Me For Your Selfs / If Kenya An Produce An American President, What Of Nigeria?. / Rule Of Law Is Lip Service In Naija- Industrial Arbutration Rulings Against Bpe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.