Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" (1025 Views)

23 Reasons Why Leo Messi Should Win The Ballon D'or / Leo Messi With Uefa Cup While Eating Breakfast / Lionel Messi's Hometown Bans Parents From Naming Their Children 'Messi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by SolutionsGuy: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi"

In reaction to one Argentine man christening his son "Messi Varela," Mundo Deportivo reports that the city of Rosario has decided to nip any potential trend in the bud by passing a law that prohibits use of the name "Messi" as a first name.

The stated rationale appears to be that using a family name as a first name will cause confusion, especially in the town where Messis come from. You wouldn't want one of Lionel Messi's little cousins going to class having to call some other little boy Messi. Not that Héctor Varela is regretting his choice. From MD: "Varela said he was proud of being 'the first Argentine to put your baby to name the best player in the world'."

Really though, the new law is probably meant to protect their claim as home of the one true Messi. Think of this as Rosario's testament to Leo's greatness: instead of retiring his number, they've retired his name.

Source:
http://screamer.deadspin.com/parents-in-leo-messis-hometown-can-no-longer-name-their-1632894037/+billyhaisley
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by Caseless2: 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
These south americans get head so?
You nor fit try Nigerians with this kind of confining law. We de bear jesus and muhammad name, infact , we carry names that' are even prefixed or suffixed by God's name in some cases. So i no see any mere mortal name in Nigeria that we cant bear becos of his or her status in d society .
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
so he has a patent right to his name in his home town, wow, talk about idolizing a person
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Now this is what fame can do.
*Patiently waiting for Ronaldo's Update...
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Like seriously undecided
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by dupeoraf(f): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is a learning for all.

I am an entrepreneur that trades baby diapers, wipes, baby formulas etc.

The story line the fraudster gave me was that they got my pin from olx and wanted to buy.

That they are based in Gambia and a air hostess helps to move the goods by airfreight to Gambia.

Order was for 110 cartons of huggies diapers, 24 cartons of huggies wipes, 5 cartons of sma.

The mobile number of the girl named Bola is 09098097297.

The BlackBerry pin is 32305A4C.

Goods were delivered opposite chicken republic at Ilupeju, in front of a closed shop that belongs to Alhaja. The address given was actually 10, Ogunji road, Ilupeju but because the street was busy, she advised that I offload to the shop off the road.

She paid me with fake 100 dollar notes and sent me a bbm the next morning to thank me for the goods and how the dollars were fake and adviced that I should not go to the bank or bureau de change cos i'll be arrested for tendering fake dollars.

Their mobile number is still working as they probably have other people that they are working on to dupe.

The network provider-Etisalat doesn't have their address registered against the number.

The learning is: don't be in a haste to trade.
Ask for bank transfers if you'll be dealing with foreign currencies, and large amount.

The value of the goods is 515,700 naira.

EFCC say the amount is too low to pursue the case.

Police is requesting for 15,000 to issue a petition so as to get the details from the network provider.

The person's name on bbm is Nikky's place.

I'll appreciate if this person can be brought to book.

Your suggestions will be most appreciated.
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Parents In Leo Messi's Hometown Can No Longer Name Their Kids "Messi" by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
dupeoraf: This is a learning for all.

I am an entrepreneur that trades baby diapers, wipes, baby formulas etc.

The story line the fraudster gave me was that they got my pin from olx and wanted to buy.

That they are based in Gambia and a air hostess helps to move the goods by airfreight to Gambia.

Order was for 110 cartons of huggies diapers, 24 cartons of huggies wipes, 5 cartons of sma.

The mobile number of the girl named Bola is 09098097297.

The BlackBerry pin is 32305A4C.

Goods were delivered opposite chicken republic at Ilupeju, in front of a closed shop that belongs to Alhaja. The address given was actually 10, Ogunji road, Ilupeju but because the street was busy, she advised that I offload to the shop off the road.

She paid me with fake 100 dollar notes and sent me a bbm the next morning to thank me for the goods and how the dollars were fake and adviced that I should not go to the bank or bureau de change cos i'll be arrested for tendering fake dollars.

Their mobile number is still working as they probably have other people that they are working on to dupe.

The network provider-Etisalat doesn't have their address registered against the number.

The learning is: don't be in a haste to trade.
Ask for bank transfers if you'll be dealing with foreign currencies, and large amount.

The value of the goods is 515,700 naira.

EFCC say the amount is too low to pursue the case.

Police is requesting for 15,000 to issue a petition so as to get the details from the network provider.

The person's name on bbm is Nikky's place.

I'll appreciate if this person can be brought to book.

Your suggestions will be most appreciated.
Jesuus Christ! shocked Man I am so sorry to tell you this but you FUQED. sad Even if the cops get the mobile network to hand over the subscriber details, they'll probably be fake. Such fraudsters use sims that have been mass pre-registered, sometimes by agents of the network itself. 500 grand just like that! Ouch man I am so sorry sad
Create a topic for this in the business, politics and general section so if it gets moved to FP other people can help.

(1) (Reply)

How Mario Balotelli Slept With A Fan And Sent Her Off In The Middle Of The Night / 5 Reasons NFF Should Sack Steven Keshi / Latest Sport Betting Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.