Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Camry 2001 Aircon Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2001 Aircon Issues (1724 Views)

I have 800k for Toyota Camry 2001,but read what my friend said... / Landcruiser 2005 Model Aircon Not Working Well- Pls Help / Fixing Of Aircon In A Car That Does Not Come With Factory Fitted Aircon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by instinctg(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
dear pals,I use a Camry 2001 LE and been facing issues with d Ac system.

d first technician cleaned d body of d compressor and filled d car with gas after the anomaly was encountered and advised we inspect d compressor for any subsequent leakage .

d gas leaked aftawards and I had to seal d compressor which according to a second technician could b d culprit.

now, both technicians are of d opinion DAT d Ac evaporator needs to b changed,and dis requires d removal of d dashboard which I aint comfortable with.

its so funny most of dis guys don't av detection tools DAT wud pin point where d leakage lies and I don't wanna b a victim of trial and error, any ideas or suggestions, tnx
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
instinctg: dear pals,I use a Camry 2001 LE and been facing issues with d Ac system.

d first technician cleaned d body of d compressor and filled d car with gas after the anomaly was encountered and advised we inspect d compressor for any subsequent leakage .

d gas leaked aftawards and I had to seal d compressor which according to a second technician could b d culprit.

now, both technicians are of d opinion DAT d Ac evaporator needs to b changed,and dis requires d removal of d dashboard which I aint comfortable with.

its so funny most of dis guys don't av detection tools DAT wud pin point where d leakage lies and I don't wanna b a victim of trial and error, any ideas or suggestions, tnx

you have the answer already

go to someone who has the tools to detect the leak

1 Like

Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
No technician hass any detection tool 4 dat; d thing with d A/C is a closed compartment; it is inter relted; so if they have arrested or checked all d oda compartments; n it happens to be safe; buh d shit is still leaking; d only option will be d evaporator; n sorry ur beloved Dashboard; has to be temporarily removed; if u wanna enjoy ur car A/C ; sorry dey's no easy way out; dats d gospel truth...
Wish u all d best sire...
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Raymondenyi: No technician hass any detection tool 4 dat; d thing with d A/C is a closed compartment; it is inter relted; so if they have arrested or checked all d oda compartments; n it happens to be safe; buh d shit is still leaking; d only option will be d evaporator; n sorry ur beloved Dashboard; has to be temporarily removed; if u wanna enjoy ur car A/C ; sorry dey's no easy way out; dats d gospel truth...

Stop giving out false information.

OP do this

1) Make it your personal challenge to find a shop with the proper tools (there are thins such as freon leak detector kits.

2) DO NOT anyone take your dash apart unless they guarantee that the leak is under there (putting dash back together is a tedious process that needs to be done right unless you want to set your car on fire yourself due to all the ensuing squeaks)

This is not an emergency part of the car so you can take to do it right.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by icemann(m): 4:24am On Sep 11, 2014
When I had leaks in mine, green dye was pumped in the system(used to detect freon leaks) and the leaking point was easily mapped and fixed.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by chikasin4(m): 5:56am On Sep 11, 2014
Pls house i have a similar problem, my car (toyota corolla 2003) ac is not as cold as it was when purchase d car as tokumbo last yr. When ever i out it on on cold days it cools but on hot day it dont cool much. I hv changed d ac filter no improvment. Pls what could b d problem. Wait for yiur replays, thank u
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Raymondenyi: No technician hass any detection tool 4 dat; d thing with d A/C is a closed compartment; it is inter relted; so if they have arrested or checked all d oda compartments; n it happens to be safe; buh d shit is still leaking; d only option will be d evaporator; n sorry ur beloved Dashboard; has to be temporarily removed; if u wanna enjoy ur car A/C ; sorry dey's no easy way out; dats d gospel truth...
biko, please, ejoor, dan allah, please try and type your post properly stop these eye hurting brain racking shortcuts and single lettered word substitution method of posting. Not everyone understand it. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2014
icemann: When I had leaks in mine, green dye was pumped in the system(used to detect freon leaks) and the leaking point was easily mapped and fixed.

Please share the shops information.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2014
chikasin4: Pls house i have a similar problem, my car (toyota corolla 2003) ac is not as cold as it was when purchase d car as tokumbo last yr. When ever i out it on on cold days it cools but on hot day it dont cool much. I hv changed d ac filter no improvment. Pls what could b d problem. Wait for yiur replays, thank u

Not enough freon possibly.

Find a shop with the proper tools to test.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by instinctg(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2014
thanks y'all 4d contributions, if only I could get a reliable shop. until that is done, I av weighed my options and would not rush .
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by icemann(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

Please share the shops information.

The dye for detecting leaks. The shop is Midas

Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann:

The dye for detecting leaks. The shop is Midas

Excellent, this is what I normally use.

Now they have electronic testers on eBay but I haven't used that type yet.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by instinctg(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann,where is Midas located?
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by icemann(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
instinctg: icemann,where is Midas located?

The US. Just but it on eBay ,read the manual and tell the guy what to do.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by icemann(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
CityNG:

Excellent, this is what I normally use.

Now they have electronic testers on eBay but I haven't used that type yet.

A friend tried to use in on my car, it was not helpful. It was able to find the area of the leak but couldn't pin point the exact spot.

Cause its best to use with the AC on, the air movement from the radiator fan would throw your reading off and miss the leaking spot.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
icemann:

A friend tried to use in on my car, it was not helpful. It was able to find the area of the leak but couldn't pin point the exact spot.

Cause its best to use with the AC on, the air movement from the radiator fan would throw your reading off and miss the leaking spot.

What you do is to disable the fan, temporarily, while doing a quick test.

The benefit of the new electronic tester comes into play here.

I'll add one to my list of to brings for my Ibadan trip in December.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2014
lomomike: biko, please, ejoor, dan allah, please try and type your post properly stop these eye hurting brain racking shortcuts and single lettered word substitution method of posting. Not everyone understand it. Thanks
My broda; no be everybody dey use PC access ds site; like U; many of us; use fone; n u know how cumbersome it could be; so we have to look 4 available shortcuts; to help ourselves!!!
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Raymondenyi:
My broda; no be everybody dey use PC access ds site; like U; many of us; use fone; n u know how cumbersome it could be; so we have to look 4 available shortcuts; to help ourselves!!!
That's another poor attempt to give invalid excuses. I use a mobile phone most times, Its only on few occasion I use a tablet.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by sultaan(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
OP had a general problem with ac he was never specific so he is fresh meat for the mechanics until he learns to communicate specifically on his observation. If he can't make any observation then give a diagnosis.

Doc I am sick, son you need a liver transplant.

After liver transplant

Doc I am still sick, son you need a heart transplant.

After heart transplant

Doc I am still having a fever, do you think the splinter sticking out of my infected leg cause my fever?

Some threads here are so ************ I am having a 3-way conversation with myself grin grin grin grin grin grin

let me go do some work grin
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
sultaan: OP had a general problem with ac he was never specific so he is fresh meat for the mechanics until he learns to communicate specifically on his observation. If he can't make any observation then give a diagnosis.

After liver transplant

After heart transplant

Doc I am still having a fever, do you think the splinter sticking out of my infected leg cause my fever?

Some threads here are so ************ I am having a 3-way conversation with myself grin grin grin grin grin grin

This Made my evening. grin

1 Like

Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by instinctg(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2014
sultaan: OP had a general problem with ac he was never specific so he is fresh meat for the mechanics until he learns to communicate specifically on his observation. If he can't make any observation then give a diagnosis.

After liver transplant

After heart transplant

mumu, so u don't understand simple English? so bad others could comprehend the post and u are there yelling as d f00l that u are, faffer !
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2014
Sutlaan and instanctng pls DON'T derail this thread. Go sort your differences elsewhere pls. Thanks for cooperating.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by sultaan(m): 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
lomomike: Sutlaan and instanctng pls DON'T derail this thread. Go sort your differences elsewhere pls. Thanks for cooperating.

instinctg: dear pals,I use a Camry 2001 LE and been facing issues with d Ac system.

I don't believe I am derailing the thread just stating the the fact from OP's post.

His Camry had issues
Mechanic cleaned compressor body.
They encounter an anomaly
Freon added
Freon leaked
Compressor sealed
Now mechs want to change evaporator behind dashboard

Then hopefully changing the ECU will solve the issue.

@Mod
Why accuse me of derailing this thread when I just suffered a brain short reading his post, you could have asked him to rephrase himself so that there could be a useful feedback.
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by Edunwa302(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2014

Dey dont need to remove ur dash to inspect ur evaporator, its under d dash at d passenger side of ur car
Re: Camry 2001 Aircon Issues by instinctg(m): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2014
tnx edunwa, we may explore d option of inspecting d evaporator via d passenger side of d dashboard BT one needs to be sure DAT it can be replaced via DAT part if d need arises

(1) (Reply)

Number Plates Verification / Please Help!!! My Brake Pedal Goes All The Way Down / Toyota Camry 07 Gear Problems And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.