Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Educative Game - Education (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Educative Game (42896 Views)

Finally Something Educative With Whatsapp / Edx - An Educative Online Program / Educative Toys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Educative Game by jaybee3(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2009
manny4life:

I see some people are intellects here. Although I did not study engineering though, but I believe someone can assist me with an Excel project, kinda like a simulation. I lost my drive that contained all my model templates and now I have this minor project and have to start a new one. The project is one where we have to calculate financials of an air taxi with one equipment. Financial include Pro-forma Income statement, Balance sheet, Ratio analysis, Sales forecast (up to 60 months), Payroll analysis and deductions, Break-even chart, Loan Amortization Schedule, Depreciation (SLN) and several others . I have up to a week to do this project and I already started on some of the worksheets, (three days for a rough sketch with consistent formulas, 2 days with adding and adding number and connecting them to other workbooks, and one day left for reviewing). When I get a reply, I will post the spreadsheet sample details, and each person can pick a particular financial and sketch out with a formula . You need a good background in Excel at least intermediate, although everyone is welcome.

I know it is not what people are expecting, but please contribute before criticizing.

Do you need help or just wanna showcase your skills?
I also do a lot of excel manipulation to provide statistical analysis on a monthly basis.
Re: The Educative Game by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
jay bee:

Do you need help or just wanna showcase your skills?
I also do a lot of excel manipulation to provide statistical analysis on a monthly basis.

Showcase? I wish. I just need help cos I am caught up.
Re: The Educative Game by jaybee3(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2009
Help with the equations?
What part of the model are you struggling with?
I have an advanced excel function list i can send to you. Hit me up 2morrow via my YIM so i can email it to you.
Re: The Educative Game by manny4life(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2009
The most part is the forecasting, I mean actualizing with it almost real time data with unforeseen scenarios. Although I've done a few research here and there, but I guess I will work with the numbers I have and assume everything being equal. Thanks again and I will contact you tomorrow for the templates.
Re: The Educative Game by manny4life(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2009
Thanks. Another problem I have is the WHAT-IF Analysis (scenario manager and goal seek) trying to simulate worst to good scenarios, I have few problems. When I select a range of data , it alters the formulas within that array of data, also I did successfully record a Macro, create the buttons and everything, but when I open it a second time and try to run the Macro, it comes up with a error. Plz what is the cause of all this errors, I know there is something I'm not doing right, plz what is it. I really appreciate your help.

Another one plz, in the IF function, I have always used the normal ><= and so on, but in the first block "LOGICAL TEST", I am trying to combine = and > in that field, but it says its invalid.
Re: The Educative Game by jaybee3(m): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2009
I think it will be best if you email me a copy of your template.
Macros are known to be error prone so you might need to edit it in the visual basics editor to correct the error.
Re: The Educative Game by manny4life(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2009
Regarding that IF function, here is a sample data.

Deprture Destination Trip/NM Nau.Miles Cost/NM Total Cost/NM Monthly Cost Annual Cost

DC Richmond          1                190      1.8          342         8,892  106,704
DC Newyork                  1          190      3.5          665       17,290  207,480
DC Florida                  1            190      3.5          665       17,290  207,480
DC Georgia                  1            190      3.5          665       17,290  207,480
DC Pennsylvania          1             190      3.5          665       17,290  207,480

In the sixth column (Total Cost/NM), I want to use the IF funtion as IF "LOGICAL TEST" field column 3(Trip/NM) is >or =1, it will return true, because if its either 0 nor anything greater than 2, it will return false which I don't want. What should I do in this case?, also, if I put >0, it will return true, but the chances of errors are certain because it would return true for decimal numbers also and I want a whole numbers or do I set a validation rule or what. Plz I need help
Re: The Educative Game by jaybee3(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2009
=IF(column3>=1,("true"),("false"))
You can set a validation rule for the column so tha it treats the decima as whole number
Re: The Educative Game by manny4life(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2009
jay bee:

I think it will be best if you email me a copy of your template.
Macros are known to be error prone so you might need to edit it in the visual basics editor to correct the error.

That is what I was saying, I lost my drive and I did not back up my stuff, so I don't have my previous templates to do this new project so I have to start from scratch. Yeah, I definitely will holla when I have to do that Macro stuff again.

Thanks again for all your assistance and I will email you for the templates so I can get this stuff rolling .
Re: The Educative Game by biolabee(m): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
for this i think using data validation will be better since you only want whole numbers 0 or 1

Go to Data, Validation, Choose List and type between 0,1

see pix below

formulas will be too complex for this purpose

Re: The Educative Game by dober(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2009
Dober.The answer is branching
Re: The Educative Game by mufuteeeee(m): 3:29am On Jul 03, 2009
This is a mathematics question. Prove that -2cr=(-1)^r(r+1) i.e -2 combination r= -1 raised to power r multiplied by r+1 shocked
Re: The Educative Game by RichyBlacK(m): 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2009
mufuteeeee:

This is a mathematics question. Prove that -2cr=(-1)^r(r+1) i.e -2 combination r= -1 raised to power r multiplied by r+1 shocked

The equation does not hold for r=1.

There is something wrong with that equation.
Re: The Educative Game by mufuteeeee(m): 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2009
It works. -2C1=-2*-3!/(-3!*1)=-2
. -1^1*(1+1)=-2
So It works tongue
Re: The Educative Game by mufuteeeee(m): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
Why has no one posted since. Well, I want to start a new thread that deals only with mathematics. I need your patronage. Piss shocked
Re: The Educative Game by server34(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
mufuteeeee:

Why has no one posted since. Well, I want to start a new thread that deals only with mathematics. I need your patronage. Piss shocked

because u guys have spoilt the thread with ur complex mathematics, computers and electronics questions. Una too sabi. What happened to the time when we asked questions that most people can answer, requiring no specialization?

Which of the following countries has the largest population of English speakers?

India

United Kingdom

Canada

United States

Nigeria
Re: The Educative Game by DrTomgirl(f): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2009
United States.
Re: The Educative Game by RichyBlacK(m): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2009
server34:

because u guys have spoilt the thread with ur complex mathematics, computers and electronics questions. Una too sabi. What happened to the time when we asked questions that most people can answer, requiring no specialization?

Which of the following countries has the largest population of English speakers?

India

United Kingdom

Canada

United States

Nigeria

India, by at least 2 to 1, compared to any other nation.
Re: The Educative Game by Phemour: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
RichyBlacK in Education smiley
Re: The Educative Game by RichyBlacK(m): 12:09am On Jul 16, 2009
Phemour:

RichyBlacK in Education  smiley

grin I love education!  grin
Re: The Educative Game by Phemour: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2009
smiley
Re: The Educative Game by ladysex(f): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2009
1 How many faces does a cuboid have?

2 Why do you want to work outside of your country?

3 What is the chemical formula for potassium nitrate?

4 Should teachers wear school uniform?

5 Who was known as the silent president?

6 When will world war 3 start?

Goodluck.
Re: The Educative Game by server34(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2009
ladysex:

1 How many faces does a cuboid have?

2 Why do you want to work outside of your country?

3 What is the chemical formula for potassium nitrate?

4 Should teachers wear school uniform?

5 Who was known as the silent president?

6 When will world war 3 start?

Goodluck.

1. 6

2. Because your country does not work.

3. KNO3

4. No. They would look like senior students.

5. Yar'adua

6. If I never see work by the end of this year.
Re: The Educative Game by muyeskin(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
Assistant Moderator

Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Please vote for muyeskin as your assistant moderator in the education sector for continuity and progress.

Thanks.

Muyeskin
Re: The Educative Game by Phemour: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2009
na wa oooo
Re: The Educative Game by Phemour: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2009
The Educative Game
Re: The Educative Game by Gabry(f): 4:00am On Jul 30, 2009
muyeskin:

Assistant Moderator

Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Please vote for muyeskin as your assistant moderator in the education sector for continuity and progress.

Thanks.

Muyeskin

LOL!!! grin grin grin

And yet u say u aint campaigning tongue
Re: The Educative Game by laqui: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2009
phemour are u still nairaland moderator? i have fit in u
Re: The Educative Game by Phemour: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2009
TONDO? shocked
Re: The Educative Game by 3spade3(m): 12:10am On Aug 14, 2009
Bleep a education. All you need is that protection, substance and some ground.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / Optometry , Dentistry Or Physiotherapy? / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.