Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:14 PM

What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria (698 Views)

What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In Nigerian Of Today / Can A Biologist Work In Any Field In D Society?.i Need Ur Advice. Pls Help / Fate of a Graduate with 3rd Class in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2014
Please just want to know because of the way thousands of jamb candidate choose the both courses
now the question is do they degrees worth anything in nigeria
Re: What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2014
Ifeconwaba: Please just want to know because of the way thousands of jamb candidate choose the both courses
now the question is do they degrees worth anything in nigeria
apparently, teachers and lecturers
Re: What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria by euphorbia(f): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2014
I wonder too because graduates of these courses are mostly requested for as medical sales representatives by pharmaceutical companies.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria by hod898(m): 9:49am On Sep 11, 2014
The problem with 93% of Nigerian students is that they just want to gain admission into higher institutions to study courses, not because of the beauty and art of the courses but because of the name and a times the job prospects. You see, most Nigerian students lack proper carrier guidance making them choose unwisely from the onset--to be in science, social science or arts class in high school. I had a friend who was always interested in scientific inventions, literally, he was fascinated by tech stuff. But later, I found out that he went for political science as his course of study in the university. What I'm trying to emphasize is that you shouldn't go for a course because of its job prospects but because of your passion for that course, and what you can achieve. A Microbiologist can have a scientific laboratory that will be dynamic in its areas. In the labs can be found Genetic engineers, Virologists and others. Do you know how Zmapp was prepared by microbiologists? They used three genetically modified monoclonous antibodies that bind to the protein of the ebola virus. With this creativity, they've been brought to limelight. You see, from Hippocrates to Fleming to Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch the conception of job prospects is not in what could be done for them but what they could do.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2014
hod898: The problem with 93% of Nigerian students is that they just want to gain admission into higher institutions to study courses, not because of the beauty and art of the courses but because of the name and a times the job prospects. You see, most Nigerian students lack proper carrier guidance making them choose unwisely from the onset--to be in science, social science or arts class in high school. I had a friend who was always interested in scientific inventions, literally, he was fascinated by tech stuff. But later, I found out that he went for political science as his course of study in the university. What I'm trying to emphasize is that you shouldn't go for a course because of its job prospects but because of your passion for that course, and what you can achieve. A Microbiologist can have a scientific laboratory that will be dynamic in its areas. In the labs can be found Genetic engineers, Virologists and others. Do you know how Zmapp was prepared by microbiologists? They used three genetically modified monoclonous antibodies that bind to the protein of the ebola virus. With this creativity, they've been brought to limelight. You see, from Hippocrates to Fleming to Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch the conception of job prospects is not in what could be done for them but what they could do.
this the reality
Re: What Is The Fate Of Bio Chemist And Micro Biologist In contemporary Nigeria by marvelling(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Op watch this space I dey come wink make I charge phone first.

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Ordered To Release Student’s Result, To Pay N7M Damages / B.sc Economics Combined With M.sc Sociology / Oau Light And Electricity Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.