Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Chew That Watermelon Seed. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chew That Watermelon Seed. (29309 Views)

Nutritional Facts About Watermelon / Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. / People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chew That Watermelon Seed. by dgitrader(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
While the sweet and juicy watermelon is full of nutrition, did you know that the seeds of this fruit are also beneficial?

A rich source of iron, potassium, and vitamins, these seeds are great for your health, skin and hair. So, chew on the watermelon seeds or use their oil, the next time you gorge on this fruit.

Good for your heart:
A rich source of magnesium, the seeds help in maintaining normal heart functioning, blood pressure and support metabolic processes. They can also treat cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
Control diabetes:
Boiling a handful of watermelon seeds in water and drinking this liquid every day like tea is said to control your blood sugar levels.
Moisturise skin:
Containing unsaturated fatty acids, the seeds help keeping your skin moisturised.
Delay ageing:
Due to their antioxidant properties, eating these seeds can make your skin look younger and healthier.
Clear acne:
Take a swab of cotton and apply watermelon seed oil on your face to remove the dirt and sebum from your skin as well as clean the pores. Suitable for all skin types, this oil also helps treat skin infections.
Strengthen your hair
: Due to a high content of protein and essential amino acids, eating watermelon seeds can strengthen your hair. Also, having roasted watermelon seeds can add shine to your hair as they contain copper that produces melanin, a pigmenvt that provides colour to your hair.
Treat itchy scalp:
Since watermelon seed oil is light in texture, it gets absorbed easily without clogging the pores of your scalp. It acts as a moisturiser for your dry and flaky scalp.
Prevent hair breakage:
Providing your hair with essential fatty acids, consuming the seeds regularly can help prevent breakage

Now we know. Lets eat right and stay healthy. wink

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by lirusehn(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014

It's funny Ave neva tasted this SH*t.

It's so so irritating mere looking at it.

Same with Orange and Apple *pukes*
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Djicemob: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
lirusehn:

I've never tasted fried rice,its so irritating.

30 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
lirusehn:

d 1st 3 sentences on ur signature says it all.

25 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by lirusehn(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Djicemob: I've never tasted fried rice,its so irritating.
a pure joke? undecided
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Gooci(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
to all these people above me, yu all need to be taking bitter kola..smh4u. thingz wey sweet like, na im dem no like
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by lirusehn(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
dzeeny:

d 1st 3 sentences on ur signature says it all.

Dont take me for a joker.

God knwz those fruits irritate my system.

Just few of my many
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
lirusehn:

Just few of my many
lol... nt @ ol bro..m nt takin yhu fo a joker or anyfin lyk daht.. ah jz find it amusing dah dz fruits irritate ur system.. hope ur nt offended by ma comment.. ?
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Godmother(f): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm, noted. Henceforth I will gorge on this seed instead of throwing it away like I've been doing
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Djicemob: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
lirusehn: a pure joke? undecided
Why? When u reffered to great fruits as sh#t it wasn't a joke to you abi?

4 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by dgitrader(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
The taste isnt bitter, but still depends on what you make of it
U grind it with ur teeth for better digestion
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by lirusehn(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Djicemob: Why? When u reffered to great fruits as sh#t it wasn't a joke to you abi?

Great fruits? This same Watermelon? undecided
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by lirusehn(m): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
dzeeny:
lol... nt @ ol bro..m nt takin yhu fo a joker or anyfin lyk daht.. ah jz find it amusing dah dz fruits irritate ur system.. hope ur nt offended by ma comment.. ?

Aint offended o smiley
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hian!!!..

I cant do that atall....Although, i love watermelon not the seeds
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Simpsonrocket(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
How many tablet of water melon seed must i chew?

4 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by aboyaji(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
dgitrader: While the sweet and juicy watermelon is full of nutrition, did you know that the seeds of this fruit are also beneficial?

A rich source of iron, potassium, and vitamins, these seeds are great for your health, skin and hair. So, chew on the watermelon seeds or use their oil, the next time you gorge on this fruit.

Good for your heart:
A rich source of magnesium, the seeds help in maintaining normal heart functioning, blood pressure and support metabolic processes. They can also treat cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
Control diabetes:
Boiling a handful of watermelon seeds in water and drinking this liquid every day like tea is said to control your blood sugar levels.
Moisturise skin:
Containing unsaturated fatty acids, the seeds help keeping your skin moisturised.
Delay ageing:
Due to their antioxidant properties, eating these seeds can make your skin look younger and healthier.
Clear acne:
Take a swab of cotton and apply watermelon seed oil on your face to remove the dirt and sebum from your skin as well as clean the pores. Suitable for all skin types, this oil also helps treat skin infections.
Strengthen your hair
: Due to a high content of protein and essential amino acids, eating watermelon seeds can strengthen your hair. Also, having roasted watermelon seeds can add shine to your hair as they contain copper that produces melanin, a pigmenvt that provides colour to your hair.
Treat itchy scalp:
Since watermelon seed oil is light in texture, it gets absorbed easily without clogging the pores of your scalp. It acts as a moisturiser for your dry and flaky scalp.
Prevent hair breakage:
Providing your hair with essential fatty acids, consuming the seeds regularly can help prevent breakage

Now we know. Lets eat right and stay healthy. wink
will you SHUT the Fuk up!!! Na only you go eat that thing
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by constance500: 6:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by pabon(m): 6:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Educative

1 Like

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by cegxie(m): 6:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Noted... I guess I will used my mortar and grind it to a pulp for easy ingestion to my system... @ OP, thanks anyway for the info.
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by sparkleboy(m): 6:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Benefits.....@ op could you please write in a more comprehensible way next time?
Bullet points would be more appropriate.
Thanks.
Btw : grind melon seeds Water melon is different from melon o.
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by iyisco2001(m): 6:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Biko, how about appendicitis. D seed go dissolve? angry

5 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by Afrocatalyst: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2014
I always liked the seed but I always wondered why people spat it out. Especially my wife.

3 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by dammyjay93(m): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2014
Am I d only one here who thinks partially frozen watermelon is d best thing that has happened to mankind, man! U gotta try it out #natural icecream grin

13 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by OLAplusONE(m): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Although I just developed interest in watermelon some months ago, and d seeds pissed me off anytime I'm eating it owing to my notion about guava seeds, and now sm1 is telling me that its gat benefits,still I doubt if I wl eva eat it even after reading this.
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by siino(m): 6:20am On Sep 16, 2014
Ok I don hear will try from nw on cool
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by msmon(m): 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Noted. Thanks OP
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by ichidodo: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Everybody wants to eat but nobody wants to plant....Nigerians sef... i tire.

7 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by EbuGeneral(m): 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by santuse: 6:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice op,
Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by baddal: 6:27am On Sep 16, 2014
lirusehn:

Just few of my many

Remember u have not tested it b4, how do u then knw it irritate your system

4 Likes

Re: Chew That Watermelon Seed. by deebee13(f): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2014
lirusehn:
Great fruits? This same Watermelon? undecided

Wannabe lasan lasan! It's only on nairaland u see thinz like dis! Shio...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much For A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / See The Onion I Bought #200 / Burger With Cornflakes Inside: My Experience At An Eatery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.