Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. (9996 Views)

Chew That Watermelon Seed. / Why Ar Some Meats Hard 2 Chew? / People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by uchennaq(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2011
I was eating in a Buka today, when I saw a taxi driver that ordered for Rice and Beans with 3 meat. Two beef and a Kanda to be precise. But what marveled me was that he did not touch the meat till he finished eating. This also applies t o me anytime am eating, I tend to eat meat last. I asked myself this question. WHY DO PEOPLE EAT MEAT LAST WHEN EATING FOOD. some people also like chewing very strong meat so that they will eat it for 1 hour. what is so special here and what is your own opinion on why people tend to eat meat last.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by ritapearl(f): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
I used to do it and i still do it. But now i really enjoy eating the meat together with the food. It really depends on how one feels at a point in time.

I really dont know why people chew meat last when eating.

Maybe it is because meat is sweet so they want to have the meaty taste last.

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Igboqueen: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2011
The reason why is because meat is very exspensive. And in africa people eat it last it shows dat care and pride dat u have dis piece of meat in ur bowl. And if somebody was next to you, you will ask that person out of respect if they want it.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by uchennaq(m): 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2011
The reason why is because meat is very exspensive. And in africa people eat it last it shows dat care and pride dat u have dis piece of meat in your bowl. And if somebody was next to you, you will ask that person out of respect if they want it.

I do not believe that its because meat is expensive, most children or adult that eat it don't share this opinion. Most people ignore their culture let alone knowing one that is attached to a meat.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by obowunmi(m): 4:32am On Mar 12, 2011
I must conclude that its a habit.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Arlington(f): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2011
It is just habit when we where younger,to every child the meat was the prize . Our parents would say don't eat your meat until you finish your food , so i guess it just stuck .

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by dellnet: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2011
i agree with arlington i can clearly remember when i was a kid my mom always told me to eat the food first before the pieces of meat. to my observation it had to do with something that "she does not want leftovers". i believe the meat is very strong and can get one full it all narrows down to childhood but now I can eat both at the same time and still not full. another observation is chewing the meat can cause delay, the food gets cold etc. yet again some type of dish makes your front untidy if you go first for the meat.

1 Like

Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Brite02(m): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
@OP. In my country is simply cald mark of respect!!!!!!!!!
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by rubi(f): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
Meat encourages one to finish the food, so eating it first you will now imagine what will happen to the rest of the food.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Godalone(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
Once i eat the meat, i am done with the food.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by sunbasque(f): 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
Personally, I eat the meat last to savor it. it's the best part of the meal so I like to leave it for last so I can take my time to enjoy it. It's like the saying "saving the best for last"
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by clemcykul(f): 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
my mum always warned us that eating meat first is bad habit . .so she insisted on us finishing the food or else she will seize the meat . , .so we eat first then savour the meat , , , .

its a habit that has stuck with africans over time . .a meatless plate makes the food look unappealing . .imagine eating any soup with out meat in them , .

meat is the pride of any eater when they are eating soo thats why its reserved as the last thing to go down
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
Eating the carbs was just as important as eating the protein back in the day. Otherwise you`d have no energy to farm, imo.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2011
@Op, I eat along with meats, it is only does who have one meat grin grin in the food that do wait to eat the meat last
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by obowunmi(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
odiaero:

@Op, I eat along with meats, it is only does who have one meat grin grin in the food that do wait to eat the meat last

well said.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Brite02(m): 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
clemcykul:

my mum always warned us that eating meat first is bad habit . .so she insisted on us finishing the food or else she will seize the meat . , .so we eat first then savour the meat , , , .

its a habit that has stuck with africans over time . .a meatless plate makes the food look unappealing . .imagine eating any soup with out meat in them , .

meat is the pride of any eater when they are eating soo thats why its reserved as the last thing to go down
thumbs up grin
Godalone:

Once i eat the meat, i am done with the food.
gbam grin
rubi:

Meat encourages one to finish the food, so eating it first you will now imagine what will happen to the rest of the food.
very correct cool
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Pweety4me(f): 2:45am On Mar 16, 2011
Some really good points, i think it's mixture of upbringing,culture, appeal, budget & sometimes personal choice, intresting tho. . .lol
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
good home training
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
funny grin, i do it to, I think it comes with upbringing plus it makes the whole eating fun, i mean lookin foward to eating the meat
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Godalone(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
odiaero:

You are wrong,if you see where i am eating you won't believe the numbers of meat and fish you will see in the plate.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by brite01(m): 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
Pweety4me:

Some really good points, i think it's mixture of upbringing,culture, appeal, budget & sometimes personal choice, intresting tho. . .lol
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by maclatunji: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2011
That is what you are taught as a child and somehow Nigerians do not grow up eating stake, it seems pieces of meat are a prized part of the menu in our culture.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by GeorgeD1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
i was eating the other day with my boss and as usual i was reserving the meat for last.
when he noticed it, he started chiding me for being 'old school' grin
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Brite02(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
^ lol

@george, that was an error.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by GeorgeD1(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
bite,
which kain one be this?
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by fatlossguru(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2011
I think it's because some of our parents do it,so we just copied it.I do it occassionally,mostly when eating rice.There really isn't anything bad about it though.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by GeorgeD1(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
the reaction of my boss was most unexpected though.being an elderly fellow i thought he would at least commend me for having proper home training.instead he ended up frowning at my modesty!
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by orbaxy(m): 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
The meat is like having something to look forward to.
its the price of your efforts in eating a boring food which you MUST finish or you get a wacking. angry

As a child, i hate food, its the meat that keeps me going.

"first to finish eats the others meat" grin
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by Brite02(m): 7:32am On Apr 04, 2011
^lol
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by vincent10(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2011
Na so i meet people dey do am when i come life, so i joined them to eat meat last.
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by clemcykul(f): 10:02am On Apr 06, 2011
abioo lol grin
Re: Give Me A Good Reason Why People Chew Meat Last When Eating. by obowunmi(m): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
vincent_09:

Na so i meet people dey do am when i come life, so i joined them to eat meat last.

hahaha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do Think About Suya ? / Bukateria ("Buka") Food! / Amazing Health Benefits Of Groundnuts (ekpa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.