Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist (3756 Views)

See Photo Of The Nigerian Female Journalist Who Died In Hajj Stampede / Buhari Set To Impose Sharia In Nigeria Restrict Female Journalist From Access / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by abasifo(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2008
The Pastor in charge of Salvation Ministries, Pastor David Ibiyeomie is in a battle of will with a Rivers State Television journalist Ibiene Rowland Ogundu. The fur started on 27 September when the said reporter did a special report story tagged "Prosperity Preachers Right here, Right now". the preacher got offended that his church was put on the spotlight and according to the reporter declared war on her. She claims she has gotten over 2000 phone calls and text messages threatening her life. She also said that the man of God declared that she would not see the end of October. the Rivers state police command have been brought into the matter and investigations are being carried out.

source:  City People
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2008
nice topic , but its supposed to be on RELIGIOUS section. 10q
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by webman(m): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2008
tonye-t, you are right
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by shinystar(m): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2008
What's Ibiyome's stress? How come our men of God are always threatening people who do not play along with death?

Says a lot about their Christ-likeness.
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 10:59am On Nov 03, 2008
pastor ibiyomie is a very simple but principled man of God,

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN NOT TO SPEAK EVIL OF OUR MEN OF GOD AND LEAVE GOD TO PERSONALLY JUDGE THEM HIMSELF LIKE HE SAID IN HIS WORD
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by pilgrim1(f): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2008
shinystar:

What's Ibiyome's stress? How come our men of God are always threatening people who do not play along with death?

It perhaps points out the fact that not everyone who claims to have a relationship with God is actually having one. (Matthew 7:21)
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by pilgrim1(f): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2008
tonye-t:

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN NOT TO SPEAK EVIL OF OUR MEN OF GOD AND LEAVE GOD TO PERSONALLY JUDGE THEM HIMSELF LIKE HE SAID IN HIS WORD

Hmmm, "simple" and/or "principled" does not include threatening someone with death for a JJ (journalistic job). If they felt she was mistaken and presented false reports in her journalism, there are other ways to have reacted - one of which was to engage the journalist and point out where they thought she had presented false gist.

Ibiyomie is not the only pastor in PH who has been attacked with public rumour, false gist, or unprincipled reporting. Why is Ibiyomie so upset that the best option to this imbroglio (in his view) is to slice Ibiene's life from off the face of the earth? undecided Why?
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2008
yes pilgrim.1 you are correct though, but dont u really feel its high time this MOGs start letting people around just realise that its not the best to just WAKE UP IN DA MORNING AND FEEL YOU CAN SPILL ANY RUBBISH FROM YOUR MOUTH, remember what happened to the isrealites that abused Moses and how God sent earthquake to swallow them?

simply tells us that christianity is not a BABY PLAY BOO BOO AFFAIR
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by bawomolo(m): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2008

just like the pedophile catholic priests huh??
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2008
hello bawomolo,

pls how do you mean?
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by DeepSoul(f): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
@Tonye
"Remember what happened to the Israelites that abused Moses and how God sent earthquake to swallow them"

The key word used is God. God sent earthquake, Not Moses,

If someone says something bad against a man of God, it may not be right but it isn't your duty or anyone else's to "punish" the "offender"

LEAVE IT TO GOD!

Haba!

This isn't the first time I'm hearing something like this about this pastor.

Heard of and actually KNOW of several other similar incidences.

It's just not right. I wonder what members of his church learn?
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
There seems to be more to this than we are being told here. Is it possible to see the article written by this journalist? And @Poster, is there a reason why you had to point out that the journalist is a female??
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Livvvvy(f): 10:26am On Nov 06, 2008
For the man of God to react that way even with threaths means the lady could be right. Afterall, if what she has written is false, then he would have taken it systematically until he finds out the truth behinds the journalists intention.

Sometimes, all these men of God forgets who their role model is, Jesus had the worst of insult, backstabbing, denial, lies from people that he said this and that, and I am so such if Jesus was in this present age, Journalist would have done so much harm to him, but Christ never did otherwise until death, it was so much after the death of Christ that the truth all started revealing to all men.

So I find what Pastor David Ibiyomie did as ungodly and unchristain. I am not a judge and i leave judgment to God
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by favcom(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2008
@ Livvvy
Yeah, yeah, yeah, but can't u see u've just judged the man?
U made good post tho' cool
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by MCUsman(m): 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2008
It's sad that you people don't understand angry The man is protecting his investment bad publicity means low turnout which translate into low income

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2008
Deep Soul:

@Tonye
"Remember what happened to the Israelites that abused Moses and how God sent earthquake to swallow them"

The key word used is God. God sent earthquake, Not Moses,

If someone says something bad against a man of God, it may not be right but it isn't your duty or anyone else's to "punish" the "offender"

LEAVE IT TO GOD!

Haba!

sister which one you no dey na, abi na me create the topic, i was even supporting the MOG and here you come banging on my innocent head, abeg oh. . . read well b4 u post
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2008
tonye-t:

Dumb nigerians and how their fraudulent men of god have suddenly turned sacred.

With all these atrocities and fraud they commit, why do you think the so-called men of "god" should not be questioned?
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2008
nuzo:

Dumb nigerians

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FUTURE TO BECOME A PASTOR TOO. . .so that you know what it feels like when people critise you in your innocence. . .i have prayed in JESUS NAME. . . .AMEN!
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2008
I do not wish to be a pastor for any reason. Even if I have to become one, i wouldnt want to be the type you find in every nook and cranny of nigeria; magicians and fraudstars. Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2008
nuzo:

I do not wish to be a pastor . Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you becoming afraid all of a sudden. . . no fear the time neva come yet ehn. . . .lol
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2008
You are beginning to sound like a kid, otherwise, why do you think i have to be a pastor?
I simply do not wish to defraud dumb people of their hard earned money.
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by texazzpete(m): 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2008
This tonye-t fellow seems quite naive.
The same Bible you use to terrify those that seek to question fraudulent men of God clearly states that 'by their fruits we shall know them' (Matt 7:20)
I don't know which church you attend, but real christians know that violence is not of the Lord. So this your 'Man of God' is a bloody fraudster!

And as an apologist for him, you aren't much better.
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Tonyet1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2008
he is not my pastor oh, and neither am i naive but listen

"1st remove the log of wood in your eyes before pointing at the small speck on oyur neighbours eyes"

are you more righteous than those people you critise is my question, otherwise lets all leave them to the one who is PERFECT to judge IMPERFECT people like me, you, poster, the pastor and the accusers

GOD BLESS YA'LL
Re: Port Harcourt Pastor Battles Female Journalist by Jakumo(m): 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2008
To settle this matter once and for all, I suggest that the pastor and his female opponent should be stripped naked and asked to wrestle to the finish in a half-filled vat of vegetable oil. Since the pastor is bound to be obese and terminally out-of-shape, my bets ride on the female journalist gaining the upper hand in round 2 at the latest, whereupon the audience would decide whether the victor should either forgive the pastor or drown him in the oil to the accompaniment of uplifting Church spirituals blaring from cheap overhead speakers.

(1) (Reply)

Ijaws Want Sovereign Conference,Jonathan Aso rock na hotel,his village he return / Shocker! Archbishop Obinna “flogs” Gov. Okorocha At Assumpta Cathedral. / Whats Up With Gov Amechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.