Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (519 Views)

2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme / Interim Joint Admission Board(i.j.m.b) 2014/2015 Form / Lets Talk About Ijmb (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
They say love of money is the root of all evil, and it certainly can be when it comes to your relationship. Money can come between you and your partner and cause irreparable problems. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

Couples building a life together have to answer this question: should we have a joint bank account, or should we not?
Do you think having a joint account with your spouse is right ? If yes, give your reasons.
Re: Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Gladly
Re: Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by nairamaverick(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
I would luv to have a joint account that would be used to meet all family needs. every month we would both have certain amount we would deposit in it[mine been the largest] she would be sole signatory. and op this should be in the family section
Re: Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
OduntanGabriel: They say love of money is the root of all evil, and it certainly can be when it comes to your relationship. Money can come between you and your partner and cause irreparable problems. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

Couples building a life together have to answer this question: should we have a joint bank account, or should we not?
Do you think having a joint account with your spouse is right ? If yes, give your reasons.

Your account, her account and a joint account for household bills.

Anything else is just a disaster waiting to happen. trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by afolayanto(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Reason to keep same account with your spouse.
Encourages regular communication about finances
Built-in accountability partner on spending matters
Fosters unity in money matters
Strong sense of working together to meet financial goals
Clear that all household income is treated as “our” money
Re: Can You Share A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by kaka22(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Let me first start by saying that this thread will soon be on front page. It is just a matter of time

Back to the topic- Yes, i can share joint account with my future spouse but that will be after i divide my own salary into 3 parts. Then I will save one part into the joint account and use save one part into my personal account. The last part will be used to maintain myself(pepper joint, changing my wardrobe etc) wink.

(1) (Reply)

My Supervisor Asked Me To Publish My Project On Journals. Pls How Is It Done? / Nigerian Graduates, Unemployment Rate And Way Forward / Should Sex Education Be Thought As A Subject In Sec Sch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.