Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,867 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Anambra Varsity Gets New Name - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Varsity Gets New Name (37327 Views)

Enugu Varsity Gets New Vice Chancellor / Funaab Gets New Vc. / New Name Of Yabatech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by IdeasDrive(m): 12:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

Achebe will be used for sth more federal

Yeah I get you, but does it really matter, bro? Or you mean a new tertiary institution? I believe CAU will sell much faster both locally and internationally. Charity should begin at home or what do you think?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Exactly, it isn't a wise decision at all...Employers abroad will be afraid of that name@Odumegwu Ojuku..The school will be so underrated as people will consider it local..They are jux endangering d employment opportunities of the graduates of the school..It is not fair...The name doesn't sound too sweet to pronounce..How will they mention the name to their peers from other schools self? If it was given Chukwuemeka Ojukwu university of science and technology that would have been better..But that Odumegwu in d name...It really sounds local...Hope m not offending anyone..Jux speaking my mind..
Nonsense.
How is it different from
Usman DanFodio univ
Obafemi Awolowo Univ
Ahmadu bello univ
These three people were die hard tribalists and their names sound local too.
They have only stuck because the names had stood the test of time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:13am On Sep 12, 2014
igbos go be like
..........?...

. .
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 12, 2014
only in Nigeria. how can they change the name of a University just like that? undecided undecided undecided

the new name is long and unappealing sef. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, ahh ahh. na wa ooo undecided
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: M sure UNIZIK wouldn't have been this recognized if it wasn't a federal uni..

y?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 12, 2014
aflyingbird: only in Nigeria. how can they change the name of a University just like that? undecided undecided undecided

the new name is long and unappealing sef. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, ahh ahh. na wa ooo undecided

u are right.
the name is long

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

y?
It's jux d fact,...Federal universities are always highly placed than state unis...But u knw m correct..
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Octaves(m): 12:58am On Sep 12, 2014
Where were u even born and which tribe are you from? Anyway, keep feeding yourself wrong info i won't waste my valuable time on you.
KingsJohnson: Which Ojukwu are they talking about? the founder of Biafra which has died with d ashes of history or which one again?

As far as i am concerned, Ojukwu did not fought for the Igbos and never wished to do so, rather for his selfish interest.

To those clamouring for Biafra, ask yourself d true meaning of the word Biafra, for me, i am a Nigerian and i am proud of that.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by kobonaire(m): 1:05am On Sep 12, 2014
That new name is a tongue twister ... they can use it as a way to give non-indigenes scholarship if they pronounce it wink
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Octaves(m): 1:10am On Sep 12, 2014
What is the fuss about? This name doesn't sound as bad as Obafemi Awolo or other horrible university names in other parts of the country. The only difference is these other ones have been there for a while and we got used to them. It's a good decision to immortalise the igbo hero, Odumegwu Ojukwu. So folks, get used to it.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Octaves(m): 1:28am On Sep 12, 2014
From your post, you sound terribly uninformed. Smh! If Ojukwu hadn't acted, that ur mother could have been a victim of the genocidal onslaught of the hausas and today u wouldn't even be in existence to yarn nonsense. Ingrate! Mtcheew!
Thewhizzkid1: He jux wanted to gain power..And he wanted to gain it by all means...He cajoled d gullible minds of d Igbos into believing they were fighting for themselves instead of fighting for him..I feel sad anytime my mum(an igbo) tells me hw she lost some of her relations to d biafran war...What even made me angry was that when I asked my parents if Ojukwu was killed, they said no, that he was granted asylum in another country..After he wasted many Igbo lifes...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by xeunskate(m): 1:35am On Sep 12, 2014
Free e-Book on how to make extra CASH on FACEBOOK!!!!
http:///jF0gvb

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Octaves(m): 1:38am On Sep 12, 2014
Eziokwu! So being a kind of national hero for igbos is not enough for igbo people to rename an igbo state school after him. Who said u have to invest specifically in infrastructure or education b4 u are eligible to be immortalised with a school name? Most igbo people are happy with the development. So park well.
EmoBoy: What did Ojukwu do towards education or infrastructure development in the east or in Anambra to deserve such?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:42am On Sep 12, 2014
Octaves: From your post, you sound terribly uninformed. Smh! If Ojukwu hadn't acted, that ur mother could have been a victim of the genocidal onslaught of the hausas and today u wouldn't even be in existence to yarn nonsense. Ingrate! Mtcheew!
Hmm..Okay oo..Maybe next tym I should be better informed b4 posting on NL..But I wonder what I did that u started calling me an ingrate...I only said what I knew and I didn't insult anybody...Gud 9t...
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by liet4u(f): 4:04am On Sep 12, 2014
myescrow: hmmmmmm smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by ibkgab001: 5:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Lolll
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by eduxerxes: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2014
picoba:

[size=48pt]

Biafra loser

What if he won the war?

[/size]
You ignorant fellow...haven't u heard of "NO VICTOR...NO VANQUISHED"?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 12, 2014
KO KAN AYE
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by fastlane84: 7:05am On Sep 12, 2014
ModusOperandi: See me see trouble o embarassed. I opened my Indomie, I di nor see spice shocked shocked. What will I do now cry cry

Use salt and maggimaggi grin
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Franchise21(m): 7:10am On Sep 12, 2014
honey001: The name long though..... COOU will be good sha
As an ANSU student, I don't like d change in name
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:16am On Sep 12, 2014
This is symbolic. Uli airstrip was where Ojukwu escaped from to Abidjan.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Tex42(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2014
aflyingbird: only in Nigeria. how can they change the name of a University just like that? undecided undecided undecided

Abeg the name too long,and awkward as well. Ojukwu uni wld have been better. this coou just they sound like an organization wey specialize in herbs.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by saintandsinnerz: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: great wetin? Ansu is a big disgrace! Especially igbariam camp!

hahahahahaa! I can see Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University denied you admission, hence your beef with them. Bro, i know how it feels, I have been in that road before and knows how it feels. But you don't have to bad mouth the school, maybe the fault is from you. Maybe you were not good enough for them, maybe they don't want another block head in the school. Just keep trying, they may consider you next time!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2014
That school is too local, and its students full of timidity. During the last NUGA in OAU, Ile-Ife, some of them were afraid to fly their colours before schools like OAU, UNILAG, ABU, UNIBEN, etc.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by saintandsinnerz: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: That school is too local, and its students full of timidity. During the last NUGA in OAU, Ile-Ife, some of them were afraid to fly their colours before schools like OAU, UNILAG, ABU, UNIBEN, etc.

Which school were you educated? If at all you were in the first place! If it was a Nigerian University then I'm really questioning the quality of education you received. What made OAU, UNILAG, ABU, UNIBEN as you mentioned not local?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by chinedujazzy(m): 7:33am On Sep 12, 2014
Build new universities and name them after whoever u wish,that will expand the educational system
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by johnbosco97(m): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Thewhizzkid1: The name is kinda local though..So if a graduate of that school now should go abroad and is asked which university he graduated from, he will start saying
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
University...No harm done anyway..I don't mean to offend anyone...But it's true..

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University ( COOU ) , defunct anambra state university
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 12, 2014
picoba:

[size=48pt]

Biafra loser

What if he won the war?

[/size]
I wish he did. Biafra would have been Africa's Superpower by now.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmmmm, d name get as e bee oo.. Anyway na dem sabi
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by arthurflex(m): 7:39am On Sep 12, 2014
A welcome development, visit www.coougist.com for more information.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2014
MissBritney: Awkward....changing the name doesn't have anything to do with the system. Change the name, change the system and things will be better.
Didn't you read the original post? ANSU received millions of Naira for rehabilitation by the former Anambra state Governor- Mr Peter Obi just months before he vacated office.
The change of name was not effected to change the system or school. It was effected in order to honour the Biafran hero and to encourage bravery among our youth.

I don't see bad in that. Apart from honouring the late hero. Much should also be done to upgrade the school to an academic beacon of hope.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: i'm anambranian by birth(nnewi) and also an enugu boy(origin) but believe me.......this is not a wise decision by the state government!
Stop show-casing your ignorance to the world over Mr. You know nothing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Poor Welfare state / Your Top 5 Universities In Nigeria / 16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.