Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Anambra Varsity Gets New Name - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Varsity Gets New Name (37329 Views)

Enugu Varsity Gets New Vice Chancellor / Funaab Gets New Vc. / New Name Of Yabatech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2014
saintandsinnerz:

hahahahahaa! I can see Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University denied you admission, hence your beef with them. Bro, i know how it feels, I have been in that road before and knows how it feels. But you don't have to bad mouth the school, maybe the fault is from you. Maybe you were not good enough for them, maybe they don't want another block head in the school. Just keep trying, they may consider you next time!
u dumb ass! Why the hell will seek for admission in such God forsaken secondary school?
I rep esut(faculty of law)
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2014
tuhorns:
Stop show-casing your ignorance to the world over Mr. You know nothing.
ignorance? Bro,if you are a student/graduate of the school for your own good run for your life!
The discrimination you guys are gonna meet after graduation will be unbearable!
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 12, 2014
The students of ANSU must not keep calm and let the animals in government render them useless after graduation!
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: ignorance? Bro,if you are a student/graduate of the school for your own good run for your life!
The discrimination you guys are gonna meet after graduation will be unbearable!
That discrimination will end when the state government upgrades the school by building tall structures, employing knowledgeable lecturers and funding the school mighty well.
Even my pal that got admitted at Ebsu's medicine and Ansu's medicine chose Ebsu.
I'm not student of COOU. But a student of a Federal Uni.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Onyiido: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2014
HonourablePomk: The old name was odd none of my business
MODIFIED
Wait a minute the new name is Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University.....We have lasu,aau,oou..what will this one be called COOU grin grin grin ...chai see name
This one na tongue twister :-
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2014
tuhorns:
That discrimination will end when the state government upgrades the school by building tall structures, employing knowledgeable lecturers and funding the school mighty well.
Even my pal that got admitted at Ebsu's medicine and Ansu's medicine chose Ebsu.
I'm not student of COOU. But a student of a Federal Uni.
thats it! Ebsu is just going higher,imsu higher,esut higher,absu lower,ansu/coou lower.....
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Jobpostboard: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2014
ok
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2014
Anyway I think we'll get accustomed to the name later..But I think it will still spark up some serious controversy sooner or later...I think d Igbos should try to eliminate the memories of d biafran war from their minds...Because with what m seeing now, it seems some Igbos haven't yet considered themselves an integral part of Nigeria which is not supposed to be so...I jux pray we will not be involved in another civil war...WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS...#TEAMONENIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by ugoezeik(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2014
didadavid:

No be MALU dem carry give Unilag so?
grin
didadavid:

No be MALU dem carry give Unilag so?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2014
EmoBoy: What did Ojukwu do towards education or infrastructure development in the east or in Anambra to deserve such?
You can go to hell and protest, if u don't like the name change undecided
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2014
kingthreat: What did Ojukwu ever do for Nigeria except but to divide it. This doesnt sound appropriate.
You can do well by taking your life, since It's worthless grin
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by tonychristopher: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2014
honey001: The Anambra House of Assembly on
Thursday passed a bill, changing the name
of the state-owned university at Uli to
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
University.
The bill was passed during the plenary of
the legislature in Awka to honour the former
Biafra hero.
The decision followed the report of the
House Committee on Education which
recommended the change of the name.
Mrs Rita Maduagwu (APGA Nnewi South 2),
the Chairman, House Committee on
Education, recalled that the bill had been
read the second time on the floor of the
house on Dec. 17, 2013.
She said that the committee found that the
university’s name had been changed before
from Anambra State University of Science
and Technology and that there were a
number of provisions in the extant law that
required review.
“After due consideration of facts and
information, the committee recommends
that the law establishing the university be
repealed while a new law aimed at
amending the principal law be passed,”
Maduagwu said.
Mr Valentine Ayika (PDP Njikoka1) said that
the bill was due for passage since it was
read second time in December 2013.
Mr Tony Muonagor (APC Idemili North) said
that the aim was to immortalise the late
Ojukwu and to encourage hard work among
the people of the state and Nigeria at large.
Mr Ebele Obi (APC Idemili South) said that
the passage was a welcome development.
Mr Obinna Emenakaya (APGA Anambra
East) said that the application for the
change of name was long over-due since it
was meant to immortalise a man who
fought and lived for the Igbo people.
The Speaker, Mrs Chinwe Nwaebili, said that
the university would be a multi-campus
institution located in Awka, Igbariam and
Uli.
She said members of the committee on
education did a good work and urged others
to prove their worth on any assignment
given at committee level or otherwise (NAN)

www.leadership.ng/news/383777/anambra-varsity-gets-new-name

Seconded
I Concur

As An Anambra Man

IConcur

Haters Can Just Die

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2014
KingsJohnson: Which Ojukwu are they talking about? the founder of Biafra which has died with d ashes of history or which one again?

As far as i am concerned, Ojukwu did not fought for the Igbos and never wished to do so, rather for his selfish interest.

To those clamouring for Biafra, ask yourself d true meaning of the word Biafra, for me, i am a Nigerian and i am proud of that.
Did anybody force u to rep BIAFRA?, why the headache? undecided
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by tonychristopher: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Anyway I think we'll get accustomed to the name later..But I think it will still spark up some serious controversy sooner or later...I think d Igbos should try to eliminate the memories of d biafran war from their minds...Because with what m seeing now, it seems some Igbos haven't yet considered themselves a part of Nigeria which is not supposed to be so...I jux pray we will not be involved in another civil war...WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS...#TEAMONENIGERIA

May Lord Punish You For Stating That..We Should Eliminate Memories Of What...I Have Started Telling My Six Year Old Girl The Bravery Of Igbo Solders AgainstNigeria ...

Before We Eliminate The History Of Our Dear Biafra You Have To Be Eliminated

My Dear Biafra Is In Our Consciousness So The Earlier You Have It In Mind The Better.

By The Way Why Do Nigeria Play Pharaoh ..Why Are Igbos Special That You Won't Let Them Go Home...

If Yoruba Or Hausa Says They Want To Leave Igbos Will Be Happy But They Don't Have The Balls To Do That....

Stop This Now Or

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2014
relchange:

not if the school starts topping everything in education after anambra has completed its magic on it.
just watch how we turn the school into the real center of learning in africa. cool
soon na de school sef go dey drop candidates left and right for lack of admission qualification/merit, and you losers will start crying igbo domination again. haha cheesy
You have time for that useless Enugu boy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by tonychristopher: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2014
John Hopkins University Was Named After John Hopkins ...We Have Schools Like That Globally

I concur

relchange:

if you like be from mars, your argument makes little sense.
what makes a school is the quality of education, nothing else.
i remember vividly when nnamdi azikiwe university started, it wasn't accorded much respect, but
today, it is one of the most respected schools in nigeria.
the fate of the school (and its graduating students) depend on the quality of learning going on there.
names only piggyback quality of education, not the other way round.
COOU may even become Nigeria's harvard sef. cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 8:45am On Sep 12, 2014
cliffm43: why not the state named a new university than changing the name of the old one??because if you ask me,i will tell you that ojukwu make a big mistake during the war and that is what the Igbos are suffering today......he wanted to fought war alone,he rejected the offer from other nations,Biafra should have been the best country by name if Ojukwu agreed with the foreign allies ......anyway.,....it is a welcome development..COOU
What is the matter with this Southwest dirty people? must u pokenose into igbo affair?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by shizzleStar: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2014
Welcome development.

However what happened to Dim? i would have prefered Odimegwu be removed and Dim added to read: Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu University ie DCOU undecided
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by MrRhymes101(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2014
ModusOperandi: See me see trouble o embarassed. I opened my Indomie, I di nor see spice shocked shocked. What will I do now cry cry
give me abeg i get spice
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by shizzleStar: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Anyway I think we'll get accustomed to the name later..But I think it will still spark up some serious controversy sooner or later...I think d Igbos should try to eliminate the memories of d biafran war from their minds...Because with what m seeing now, it seems some Igbos haven't yet considered themselves a part of Nigeria which is not supposed to be so...I jux pray we will not be involved in another civil war...WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS...#TEAMONENIGERIA
By who? and how is this news your business anyway? and why take panadol for another mans head ache?

You think? Now shove your stewpid thougth down your throat, its not needed here

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:
Nonsense.
How is it different from
Usman DanFodio univ
Obafemi Awolowo Univ
Ahmadu bello univ
These three people were die hard tribalists and their names sound local too.
They have only stuck because the names had stood the test of time.
U de mind the dirty hater from Southwest and their sold out gullible friends from southeast, who considers Ojukwu name unworthy to be immotalised but revered those tribalist cry

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by kingthreat(m): 8:56am On Sep 12, 2014
thwarrior72: You can do well by taking your life, since It's worthless grin

It's obvious that the lunacy of your kindred has been tranfered to you. Keep spewing rubbish like a retardd
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Gidigidi3(m): 8:57am On Sep 12, 2014
As I have told my friends severally, let's abbreviate it as UNIODUM(Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu University). better still come up wit urs
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by kingthreat(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2014
tonychristopher:

May Lord Punish You For Stating That..We Should Eliminate Memories Of What...I Have Started Telling My Six Year Old Girl The Bravery Of Igbo Solders AgainstNigeria ...

Before We Eliminate The History Of Our Dear Biafra You Have To Be Eliminated

My Dear Biafra Is In Our Consciousness So The Earlier You Have It In Mind The Better.

By The Way Why Do Nigeria Play Pharaoh ..Why Are Igbos Special That You Won't Let Them Go Home...

If Yoruba Or Hausa Says They Want To Leave Igbos Will Be Happy But They Don't Have The Balls To Do That....

Stop This Now Or

You know what, the world does not give a damn anymore. Please go and form your Biafra. The Yorubas, Hausas and Niger Delta people are tired of your encroachment on our land in the name of one Nigeria. At least there will be a country without substandard goods, baby factories and ritualists.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2014
kingthreat:

It's obvious that the lunacy of your kindred has been tranfered to you. Keep spewing rubbish like a retardd
I repeat....your life is worthless, hence this thread is not for a worthless soul like u grin cheesy
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by obailala(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: :
Yeah..Me too..I think d reason why some state schools have been somehow underrated over d years is because of the change of name..For example AAU, MAULAG and others..I think these universities would have been more recognized if they still retained d name of their state..Imagine delsu being changed to Onanefe Ibori university..#lol..

grin

I almost choked on my morning coffee while reading this.. James Onanefe Ibori University grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by kingthreat(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2014
thwarrior72: I repeat....your life is worthless, hence this thread is not for a worthless soul like u grin cheesy

You mean your family's lives right?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by thwarrior72: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2014
kingthreat:

You mean your family's lives right?
Let me pity you this morning, however, learn to pick a fight with your equal, this particular moniker is averse to stupidity grin cheesy
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by tonychristopher: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2014
kingthreat:

You know what, the world does not give a damn anymore. Please go and form your Biafra. The Yorubas, Hausas and Niger Delta people are tired of your encroachment on our land in the name of one Nigeria. At least there will be a country without substandard goods, baby factories and ritualists.

this must be a yoruba man talking, they have a way of not talking for themselves, they love collaborting with others, please talk for yourself and dont collaborate others, who told you that Niger deltans are okay with Nigeria, who told you that igbos in Delta, Rivers, Cross River, Benue and Edo states are one with Nigeria and Enemies with Igbos, who even told you that Efiks Ibibios that have been our good neighbours for centuries and we have fought wars side by side with will leave Igbos and go for Nigeria that sold their birthright and Bakassi to cameroons..

Dude wake up pls

talk for yourself and stop collaborating or attachee others

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Maser: 9:32am On Sep 12, 2014
I dont like attending Universities with individual's name. A city's name is usually my preference
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by senatorn3c(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=ModusOperandi]See me see trouble o embarassed. I opened my Indomie, I di nor see spice shocked shocked. What will I do now cry cry[/quote. Use Maggi n salt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Poor Welfare state / Your Top 5 Universities In Nigeria / 16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.