Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35055 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by handysuzy(f): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is a LIB exclusive. Actor and movie producer Desmond Elliot is contesting for Lagos State House of Assembly in 2015 under the APC. Some of you may not know this, but Desmond is from Lagos state. See what he plans to do when elected into office after the cut...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-I9ONC-6Ckck/VBH-XDorysI/AAAAAAADhSM/Ft6hMjrX-Fg/s1600/01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-u0hczxOx4_Y/VBIDEYrVm-I/AAAAAAADhSc/PFjxDAt4RX0/s1600/00.jpg[/img]

Source: http://lindaikeji..com/2014/09/pics-actor-desmond-elliot-to-contest.html
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by lymelyte(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
handysuzy: This is a LIB exclusive. Actor and movie producer Desmond Elliot is contesting for Lagos State House of Assembly in 2015 under the APC. Some of you may not know this, but Desmond is from Lagos state. See what he plans to do when elected into office after the cut...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-I9ONC-6Ckck/VBH-XDorysI/AAAAAAADhSM/Ft6hMjrX-Fg/s1600/01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-u0hczxOx4_Y/VBIDEYrVm-I/AAAAAAADhSc/PFjxDAt4RX0/s1600/00.jpg[/img]

Source: http://lindaikeji..com/2014/09/pics-actor-desmond-elliot-to-contest.html
Now I see why he relocated his family to USA

55 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
I thought he was from the East. Oh well, may the best man win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sirjohnson(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
Most people dont actually know that this guy is Yoruba, same as Ramsey Nouah. Read this little facts about the life of Desmond Elliot and you will agree with me that He is qualified to run. Read it Here

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by hybridtm(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
The way dis guy go take loose him self no go believe..he dey reason say na film b dis
Elliot Nigerian politicians worst pass dog oh

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by IGBOSON1: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
CoolHunk: I thought he was from the East. Oh well, may the best man win.

^^^Me too! shocked

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Goddex: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
I expected 9ice to start at that level too . . . . but the guy jump to House of Reps

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Tunjasko(m): 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
first na Kate hensaw...9ice...Julius agwu...Nd nw Desmond.....hin be as if say entertainment no dey bring money again nw na politics.......in future...everytin equal....am also gonna join politics

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by handysuzy(f): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

His father is Yoruba while his mother Igbo, as for his surname, I think he is a Lagosian, so am not surprised.

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by nigerianvenom(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmmm.if not PDP,then u are on your own(oyo) plc.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Desmond Elliot mother is not igbo but southsouth, crossriver state in particular

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by redsquare(m): 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Seems Nollywood ain't lucrative any longer, why are all
these guys going into politics. From Julius Agwu contesting
governorship position in Rivers state to 9ice running for
house member representing Ogbomosho and now Desmond
Elliott. Won't be surprised if I see Osuofia or Baba Suwe
contesting against GEJ in 2015. cheesy

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
handysuzy:

His father is Yoruba while his mother Igbo, as for his surname, I think he is a Lagosian, so am not surprised.

I know that he claims that his father is Yoruba but Elliot is not a very well known name in Lagos. One thing is certain and that is he is not Awori so probably from a family of slave returnee or creole. He has shot himself in the foot by embracing his Igbo side when it suited him in neglect of his Yoruba origin so he should not be allowed to take all by some claim of half lagosianism.

He is more ibo than Yoruba, end of!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by handysuzy(f): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Asoozy:

I know that he claims that his father is Yoruba but Elliot is not a very well known name in Lagos. One thing is certain and that is he is not Awori so probably from a family of slave returnee or creole. He has shot himself in the foot by embracing his Igbo side when it suited him in neglect of his Yoruba origin so he should not be allowed to take all by some claim of half lagosianism.

I know of Lagosians with the names: Benson, Da Silva, Bernard, Coker, Fernandez, Peterside et al, all Yorubas. Desmond is Yoruba and he is more of Yoruba than Ibo.

15 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by MyIncorp: 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Heeheheheheh. The entertainment industry figures don vex.

STOP PRESS! Click Here to Register a Company in Nigeria.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Flatee wan form Yoruba.......

No go pass primaries laye laye......

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by saasala(m): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Footballers becoming pastors after going broke, actors, musicians and comedians turning to politicians overnight after falling off the pecking order in the entertainment industry. My conclusion: If you want to become a celebrated thief with billions of naira in your bank account after wasting so much money on perishable luxury during your hay days, become a pastor or a polithiefian

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
handysuzy:

I know of Lagosians with the names: Benson, Da Silva, Bernard, Coker, Fernandez, Peterside et al, all Yorubas. Desmond is Yoruba and he is more of Yoruba than Ibo.

Let's agree to disagree. To me, he is ibo. Moreso, if he is capitalising on his nollywood fame, he had better be relying on the 90% ibo votes as Yoruba movie fans will vote 9ice an Ogbomosho man before voting a supposed Yoruba man who acts more ibo.

How many times have you heard the man speak Yoruba or even acted In Yoruba movies?

He is just a charlatan. Take advantage of his half Yorubaness because Yorunaland is progressing while on the other hand he had milked his Igbo side to his Yoruba detriment.

19 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by YoursGEJ(m): 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful

231 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by redsquare(m): 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Asoozy:

What do you mean by "he has shot himself in the foot by embracing his Igbo side"? Has he ever come out to claim he is an Igbo man? Is it because he worked in an industry dominated by Igbo? How did he neglect his Yoruba origin according to you? Your argument is so lame and lack basis. Good luck to him.

62 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
redsquare:

What do you mean by "he has shot himself in the foot by embracing his Igbo side"? Has he ever come out to claim he is an Igbo man? Is it because he worked in an industry dominated by Igbo? How did he neglect his Yoruba origin according to you? Your argument is so lame and lack basis. Good luck to him.

You are right. I haven't heard him denounce his Yoruba heritage but in the same vein, I have not seem him embrace it either. He was known as Sola by many before his adventure into Nollywood but in order to be accepted, he dropped his Yoruba name but suddenly, the dumbed down name now suddenly appear in bigger font on his campaign posters. Hahaha...he many have fooled you, but he certainly hasn't fooled me.

I will vote 9ice before voting Desmond. To me, he does not even qualify as quarter Yoruba let alone an Omo Eko.

19 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by handysuzy(f): 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Asoozy:

Let's agree to disagree. To me, he is ibo. Moreso, if he is capitalising on his nollywood fame, he had better be relying on the 90% ibo votes as Yoruba movie fans will vote 9ice an Ogbomosho man before voting a supposed Yoruba man who acts more ibo.

How many times have you heard the man speak Yoruba or even acted In Yoruba movies?

He is just a charlatan. Take advantage of his half Yorubaness because Yorunaland is progressing while on the other hand he had milked his Igbo side to his Yoruba detriment.

The fact you have never heard him converse in Yoruba language doesnt make him any less a Yoruba man, and as for his movie roles, any actor can chose where they deem best for them to fit in. Ramsey Nouah is also Yoruba from Ondo state and you barely see him in Yoruba movies or speak the language. Kelvin Ikeduba is purely an Igbo guy, delta-igbo I guess, yet he acts in only Yoruba movies and I have never heard him speak his native language. Mercy Aigbe is Edo yet she acts in Yoruba movies only and speak the language fluently. Desmond we all know speak only English. I have never heard him speak Yoruba nor Igbo

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by DonaldGenes(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmph! He should have start from councillorship position to test his popularity before. . . . . . . .
To be cont'd

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
handysuzy:

The fact you have never heard him converse in Yoruba language doesnt make him any less a Yoruba man, and as for his movie roles, any actor can chose where they deem best for them to fit in. Ramsey Nouah is also Yoruba and you barely see him in Yoruba movie or speak the language. Kelvin Ikeduba is purely an Igbo guy yet he acts in only Yoruba movies and I have never heard him speak his native language. Mercy Aigbe is Edo yet she acts in Yoruba movies only and speak the language fluently. Desmond we all know speak only English. I have never heard him speak Yoruba or Igbo

You make valid points. However you seem to have disregarded the fact that none of the aforementioned is seeking political relevance by virtue of their origin. Becoming a house of assembly rep necessitate you to exhibit your indeginous affiliation. Elliot though qualifies by his half Yorubaness has not convinced me that he is Yoruba at heart or in deed. He is more ibo to me and if the few responses on this thread are anything to go by, many didn't even know he was Yoruba to start with. Hence, he may just have lost legitimacy in the eyes if the voters that truly matter. I'm talking about the omo Ekos here.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by handysuzy(f): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

You make valid points. However you seem to have disregarded the fact that none of the aforementioned is seeking political relevance by virtue of their origin. Becoming a house of assembly rep necessitate you to exhibit your indeginous affiliation. Elliot though qualifies by his half Yorubaness has not convinced me that he is Yoruba at heart or in deed. He is more ibo to me and if the few responses on this thread are anything to go by, many didn't even know he was Yoruba to start with. Hence, he may just have lost legitimacy in the eyes if the voters that truly matter. I'm talking about the omo Ekos here.

I agree with the fact that many do not know him to be a Yoruba man hence they will see him as a corn artist, a charlatan. But the unchangeable truth is that he is a Yoruba man by blood. And that many dont know him as a Yoruba man will not make him Igbo; He is Yoruba because is father is Yoruba. Where I think he got it wrong was his non association with Yoruba people since coming into the limelight as a movie pro.

I will go to sleep now. It is unlady-like to be awake at this time of the morning save for study cases. Goodnight.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by lilprinze: 12:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Desmond Eliot dreaming since 19BC if he thinks that because he is a celebrity he would win the election he is on a long thing. He just wants to taste out of National cake.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Bros for all this your noise you have just one vote just like an igbo man like me in lagos here so Just STFU and quit blabbing!!!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 12, 2014
handysuzy:

I agree with the fact that many do not know him to be a Yoruba man hence they will see him as a corn artist, a charlatan. But the unchangeable truth is that he is a Yoruba man by blood. And that many dont know him as a Yoruba man will not make him Igbo; He is Yoruba because is father is Yoruba. Where I think he got it wrong was his non association with Yoruba people since coming into the limelight as a movie pro.

I will go to sleep now. It is unlady-like to be awake at this time of the morning save for study cases. Goodnight.

You peeps are sick here on nl!! How did desmomd not associate with the yorubas? Did he ever deny his yoruba identity? You idiots are just a bunch of irrelevant touts who cannot in anyway affect his chance!!how many votes do you have? Stop talking as if you have any influence more than the so called non-indigene here in lagos!! You only vote once just like him so WTF

24 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by chamboy(m): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2014
nigerianvenom: Hmmmm.if not PDP,then u are on your own(oyo) plc.
no one gives a Bleep about ur Bleep head PDP

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by CyberWolf: 12:38am On Sep 12, 2014
grin grin grin..he wan buy oil block
Goddex: I expected 9ice to start at that level too . . . . but the guy jump to House of Reps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photo: Gen. Obasanjo Having A Chat With Gen. Buhari In 1978 / Saraki Named A Road After Jay-Z In Illorin (Throwback Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye's Camouflage Outfit Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.