Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35070 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by mugamboshino(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
[color=][/color] cool Seeking greener pastures. Is drama not paying the boys again?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by foyeks2001(f): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Olu Jacobs has acted several yoruba movies, besides he neva hides his identity- The 'Olu' is always there..I neva knew he's also 'Olusola' until now unlike d others that got famous in Igbo dominated industry despite their names, d likes of Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Bimbo Akintola, Ayo Adesanya, Joke Silva etc...
berem: Olu Jacobs is a yoruba man and acts Igbo films. I have never heard him speak yoruba not to talk of acting yoruba films. So do you classify him alongside Desmond Elliot who is half yoruba and half Igbo?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Acidosis(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
The charlatan should go and invest his money in something else.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: yes he can. His mother is also half akwa ibom and half igbo. He's just a mixture of different ethnic groups. grin grin
Then, you, my friend is more confuse that I....lol

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

If you say so.

What makes him more Igbo then? Is it because he gets along and works with Igbos? Because he has not taken Igbos as an enemy? Because he does not have 100 Yoruba heritage?

I guess Olu Jacobs would also be accused in the same way, even though we all know he is Yoruba. Its time Nigerians stopped being childish. If it was about his involvement or track record, I would understand. But just because he is half Igbo?? Seriously?

Seriously this is 2014 and we need to start thinking beyond tribe. Desmond knows this mentality persists, that is why he is not contesting under the name Desmond Elliot. The same with Goodluck, he added the Ebele due to the tribalistic minds of voters.

This is not different and by the responses here, his assssment was accurate, even with a so called "cosmopolitan" city like Lagos.

Meanwhile, people of Nigerian heritage are into politics and are members of parliament in far off UK and Europe.

Shame, shame ,shame.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Originalsly: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful
This your comment need to be posted on a huge billboard ....and you sef need to run for office with this kind in your face take no prisoners dagger in the heart speech. But then again....you would have to dress like Labaja to make the voters see sense and not tribe. 1000 likes for you.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
I wonder why this is making me laugh. Well I hope he wins if he's qualified I guess. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Anacksunamun: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17: These are the same hypocrites that castigate Igbos for not ''supporting'' Rochas, the same people that Lable Nollywood an Igbo industry when it suits them and a Nigerian industry when it suits them, talking from boths sides of the mouth must be a virtue in their culture.
I shudder to think of how much more hateful these comments would have been if the guy wasn't in APC. I am sure most of the haters aren't even from Lagos, they might be some of these Osun and Oyo people that always want to claim Lagos yet they want to dictate to a true Lagosian whether he can run for an election in his own state.
How laughable.
@Embolden, if he's in PDP, the kind of hate from his brothers would've crashed NL's server. So much hate from some pathetic Yoruba bigots, it's sickening!!

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
foyeks2001: Olu Jacobs has acted several yoruba movies, besides he neva hides his identity- The 'Olu' is always there..I neva knew he's also 'Olusola' until now unlike d others that got famous in Igbo dominated industry despite their names, d likes of Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Bimbo Akintola, Ayo Adesanya, Joke Silva etc...

So, if these people can get famous in an Igbo dominated industry, why can't Desmond be voted for in Lagos politics, without being viewed suspiciously? The actors you mentioned did not have to hide or give themselves an Igbo name, neither did Desmond have to.

Its time for Lagos to show a good example to the rest of Nigeria, when it comes to tribal sentiments in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Anacksunamun: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Amaaskia: I wonder why this is making me laugh. Well I hope he wins if he's qualified I guess. smiley
So the Hurricane Hack brought your deactivated moniker back? Nice one. smiley
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by uzolexis(f): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

You are right. I haven't heard him denounce his Yoruba heritage but in the same vein, I have not seem him embrace it either. He was known as Sola by many before his adventure into Nollywood but in order to be accepted, he dropped his Yoruba name but suddenly, the dumbed down name now suddenly appear in bigger font on his campaign posters. Hahaha...he many have fooled you, but he certainly hasn't fooled me.

I will vote 9ice before voting Desmond. To me, he does not even qualify as quarter Yoruba let alone an Omo Eko.

Nigerians and tribal sentiments i just don't get. what you should be concerned about is what are his plans to better the life of the masses not whether he has embraced his igbo or yoruba side. He is contesting that means he is qualified,what you should do is compare him to others who are contesting,their plans and all and pick the better candidate and stop arguing about what does not matter. would you rather have someone who is a yoruba tout? I'm not saying he is the best candidate and i'm just saying there are more important things to consider than arguing if he embraced his igbo or yoruba side. Our country will never move forward if we don't keep our tribal sentiments aside.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by leo1234(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Let's agree to disagree. To me, he is ibo. Moreso, if he is capitalising on his nollywood fame, he had better be relying on the 90% ibo votes as Yoruba movie fans will vote 9ice an Ogbomosho man before voting a supposed Yoruba man who acts more ibo.

How many times have you heard the man speak Yoruba or even acted In Yoruba movies?

He is just a charlatan. Take advantage of his half Yorubaness because Yorunaland is progressing while on the other hand he had milked his Igbo side to his Yoruba detriment.
You wey carry Yoruba for head like gala how market for your side
Chairman for tribalism

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
uzolexis:

Nigerians and tribal sentiments i just don't get. what you should be concerned about is what are his plans to better the life of the masses not whether he has embraced his igbo or yoruba side. He is contesting that means he is qualified,what you should do is compare him to others who are contesting,their plans and all and pick the better candidate and stop arguing about what does not matter. would you rather have someone who is a yoruba tout? I'm not saying he is the best candidate and i'm just saying there are more important things to consider than arguing if he embraced his igbo or yoruba side. Our country will never move forward if we don't keep our tribal sentiments aside.

Thankyou!

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sugaarbear(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
is fashola even a lagosian? Smh

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Its funny though, I think its only really Yorubas that thought he was Igbo alone.

I knew had Igbo heritage, but knew he was of mixed heritage.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Babsopey(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful

Nigeria is a nation of many nations. We won't elect an outsider (as president or whatever) because we've bn having bad leaders. We'll rather find a way of electing better ones among us instead of putting ourselves under a colonial leader again.

As for Desmond, if he's truly a Lagosian and INEC clears him, then no cause for story, let voters decided his fate. #my opinion

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
leo1234:
You wey carry Yoruba for head like gala how market for your side
Chairman for tribalism

We thank God o, markate dey move.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by mactoni91(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
thwarrior72: Desmond Elliot mother is not igbo but southsouth, crossriver state in particular

His mother is not from cross rivers ,his mother is from illah 15mins from asaba,d same village with stephen keshi and am a proud son of illah ajaji.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
uzolexis:

Do you make I do me abeg.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sugaarbear(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
uzolexis:

good one .....abeg one bottle of alomo for this guy pls.....
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
londoner:

What makes him more Igbo then? is it because he gets along and works with Igbos? Because he has not taken Igbos as an enemy?

I guess Olu Jacobs would also be accused in the same way, even though we all know he is Yoruba. Its time Nigerians stopped being childish. If it was about his involvement or track reord, I would understand. But just because he is half Igbo?? Seriously?

Seriously this is 2014 and we need to start thinking beyond tribalism. Desmond kknows this, that is why he is not contesting under Desmond Elliot. The same with Goodluck, he added the Ebele due to the tribalistic minds of voters. This is not different and by the responses here, his assssment was accurate, even with a so called "cosmopolitan" city like Lagos.

Meanwhile, people of Nigerian heritage are into politics and are members of parliament in far off UK and Europe.

Shame, shame ,shame.
Preach on Bros. When some of us say that yorubas are the most trabalistic type of humanoid, the will accuse us of hate. just see what what tribalism & bigotry has reduced them to hate, even their own simply because he chooses to hobnob with igbos.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by IamChuks(m): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
sirjohnson: Most people dont actually know that this guy is Yoruba, same as Ramsey Nouah.

Ramson Noah Yoruba? say u are kidding me....
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
londoner:

What makes him more Igbo then? Is it because he gets along and works with Igbos? Because he has not taken Igbos as an enemy? Because he does not have 100 Yoruba heritage?

I guess Olu Jacobs would also be accused in the same way, even though we all know he is Yoruba. Its time Nigerians stopped being childish. If it was about his involvement or track record, I would understand. But just because he is half Igbo?? Seriously?

Seriously this is 2014 and we need to start thinking beyond tribe. Desmond knows this mentality persists, that is why he is not contesting under the name Desmond Elliot. The same with Goodluck, he added the Ebele due to the tribalistic minds of voters.

This is not different and by the responses here, his assssment was accurate, even with a so called "cosmopolitan" city like Lagos.

Shame, shame ,shame.

Ndo! I can't say I feel your pain sha.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
IamChuks:

Ramson Noah Yoruba? say u are kidding me....

His mother is Yoruba from Ondo state while his father is an Israeli.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sugaarbear(m): 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
mactoni91:

His mother is not from cross rivers ,his mother is from illah 15mins from asaba,d same village with stephen keshi and am a proud son of illah ajaji.
hes mum is from cross rivers....cant you see he directed most calabar movies?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
mactoni91:

Thanks, but then why is he been label igbo?, Are u an igbo?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Anacksunamun: So the Hurricane Hack brought your deactivated moniker back? Nice one. smiley
haha as in. I'm weak. I had deactivated and hurricane hack truly brought it back. I've been trying to deactivate cos I get addicted and its not working. sad once the de-activate thingy is fixed, I'm off oo. smiley
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

You make valid points. However you seem to have disregarded the fact that none of the aforementioned is seeking political relevance by virtue of their origin. Becoming a house of assembly rep necessitate you to exhibit your indeginous affiliation. Elliot though qualifies by his half Yorubaness has not convinced me that he is Yoruba at heart or in deed. He is more ibo to me and if the few responses on this thread are anything to go by, many didn't even know he was Yoruba to start with. Hence, he may just have lost legitimacy in the eyes if the voters that truly matter. I'm talking about the omo Ekos here.

See as hatred is brewing in your mind that he is Yoruba. You will be shocked to see many Yoruba actors here in US movies everyday. By that time you will go and hang yourself. Who told you guys many don't even know he is Yoruba. Be living in fools' paradise. I'm sure you think Ramsey Noah too is Igbo. Bunch of tribalistic beasts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by blasterman(m): 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
But truth b said where r the professionals that went to good universities,that ran successful business .

Entertainers r looking for money in politics not to serve. How can Nigeria progress when this r the type Of people contesting election. Very soon to tonto dikeh sef go wan become governor

From experience the best politicans r seasonsed lawyers

Awolowo was a lawyer, fashola also

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
swezenberg:

See as hatred is brewing in your mind that he is Yoruba. You will be shocked to see many Yoruba actors here in US movies everyday. By that time you will go and hang yourself. Who told you guys many don't even know he is Yoruba. Be living in fools' paradise. I'm sure you think Ramsey Noah too is Igbo. Bunch of tribalistic beasts

Eeyah...this mata pepper you wella.

Abeg join the angry club, dem full ground berekete.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
blasterman: But truth b said where r the professionals that went to good universities,that ran successful business .

Entertainers r looking for money in politics not to serve. How can Nigeria progress when this r the type Of people contesting election. Very soon to tonto dikeh sef go wan become governor

From experience the best politicans r seasonsed lawyers

Awolowo was a lawyer, fashola also

You see am too?

This na business mata to this people.

The point is, dey know they cannot win but they will definitely get some political appointment by virtue of contesting. That is how it works. It was never about serving for them.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by room089: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Olusola hope you are ready to know the homes of native doctors and to respect and pay obeisance to witches and wizards?

Hope you are ready to embrace thuggery?

Olusola, it will never be an easy road to your dream.
But if God be for you, who can be against you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Militants : Don Wanney Of Omoku And His Group Lay Down Their Arms - Photos / Re: Giant Of Africa Is Falling: Stating The Facts - Garba Shehu / 2nd Term Bid: Fresh Hurdles Before Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.