Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter (26119 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder / A Nigerian's Open Letter To Oscar Pistorius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by fyneboi79(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2014
"Thou shall not kill",go and learn that in jail Oscar .

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2014
ugoezeik: u spk like person pikin jare

Sorry?.
You really didn't make sense. Can you expatiate?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by blinkyblack(m): 11:30am On Sep 12, 2014
People of south africa love him though, but they still want him to go to jail
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by seunakin231(m): 11:30am On Sep 12, 2014
I wonder the sorry nd pity u guys av towards him, forget d fact he his an Olympic medalist, didn't he think bout that before pulling the trigger? Upon all d ideology of breaking down in tears in court, d needful has to be done...JUSTICE,dough could be tempered with mercy in a way....
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Crixina(f): 11:35am On Sep 12, 2014
haibe: The guy is guilty Abegi, like I said in another thread his claims doesn't make sense.
I'M in bed with My girlfriend , and in the middle
of the night, I get up ,because for some unknown and
unexplained reason , I think there is an intruder in the house.I walk to the bathroom door with my handgun, and not knowing the whereabouts of my girlfriend, blast Five (5) rounds through the bathroom door.He did'nt notice that she was'nt in bed with him when he got out of it ? Even if they were sleeping in seperate rooms,he did not mentally
acknowlege the fact that that could be her in the bathroom? I'm not buying this for one minute.
The guy must really, really be of low intelligence if he
thinks anyones, buying this B.S in reality.. Why would he
fire unless his life was threatened.
obviously the judge is buying,this dude murdered his gf and here they are telling stories.
How I hate the law sometimes!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by GRAND30(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Mortals offer no justice! But I trust more in the verdict of the Greater JUDGE who sits in the circle of the earth. Pistorius and his likes who have sneaked through the fallible human law system with their open dramatic emotional outbursts, sleek narration, celebrity status, would certainly not fool the Greater JUDGE whose unrestricted eyes see through thoughts and intentions. As for Reeva, I hope she now finds peace where she sits keenly following how mortals have very likely distorted the tragedy that snuffed life out of her. My fear is that more ladies will walk this path again and again, hanging out with an erratic bellicose dude battling with self-control. Reeva thought she could manage his unpredictable outburst...she was wrong. Well I hope she was saved. Justice belongs to GOD!

4 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2014
haibe: The guy is guilty Abegi, like I said in another thread his claims doesn't make sense.
I'M in bed with My girlfriend , and in the middle
of the night, I get up ,because for some unknown and
unexplained reason , I think there is an intruder in the house.I walk to the bathroom door with my handgun, and not knowing the whereabouts of my girlfriend, blast Five (5) rounds through the bathroom door.He did'nt notice that she was'nt in bed with him when he got out of it ? Even if they were sleeping in seperate rooms,he did not mentally
acknowlege the fact that that could be her in the bathroom? I'm not buying this for one minute.
The guy must really, really be of low intelligence if he
thinks anyones, buying this B.S in reality.. Why would he
fire unless his life was threatened.

It was a clear premeditated murder done professionally. He shot the girl at close range, close the door behind him and shoot at the door sporadically. In the eyes of the law he ain't guilty cos prosecution cannot establish any case but in conscience he acted despicable ending a life provocatively.

He was charged for murder and should be discharged and acquitted. All these phantom charges of manslaughter and culpable homicide should not suffice since it wasn't the case entered. If they need to establish a case on those ground, they need to file fresh charges on them.

I ain't learned but trying to make a discernment from a novice point of view ooh. Superior argument can suffice if need be!

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2014
Since the evidence provided by the prosecutors could only suffice for him to be convicted of homicide (or is it manslaughter) then let him be served the jail term or if it is rehab programme let him go through it.faqqat!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by akinsadeez(m): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2014
SeaGold:

It was a clear premeditated murder done professionally. He shot the girl at close range, close the door behind him and shoot at the door sporadically. In the eyes of the law he ain't guilty cos prosecution cannot establish any case but in conscience he acted despicable ending a life provocatively.

He was charged for murder and should be discharged and acquitted. All these phantom charges of manslaughter and culpable homicide should not suffice since it wasn't the case entered. If they need to establish a case on those ground, they need to file fresh charges on them.

I ain't learned but trying to make a discernment from a novice point of view ooh. Superior argument can suffice if need be!

He was actually charged with counts of premeditated murder, murder, culpable homicide n illegal possesion of firearms and not just murder as u think. He was acquitted of d first two and convicted of d last two.
The case is a bit different here. Under Nigerian law, he can't be charged with both murder and manslaughter of d same person together as murder presumes intention to kill while manslaughter presumes absence of intention. However if d prosecution is unable to prove the murder charge the judge still has d power to convict d accused of d lesser charge of manslaughter even if he wasn't expressly charged with it.

4 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2014
dotta:
Yesterday Oscar Pistorius was found not guilty of pre-meditated murder and second degree murder because according to the judge, his conduct after the shooting was "inconsistent" with someone who intended to commit murder.

But he has been found guilty of manslaughter this morning. He was also found guilty of second fire arm charge and found not guilty of the first and third fire arm charge.

The judge said no one submitted that there was an intention to pull the trigger, but that does not absolve him of the crime of negligently handling a firearm.

Full Details later...watching it live!

www.pijango..com/2014/09/breaking-news-oscar-pistorius-found.html
na catarrh dey drip from nose like dat? Anyway there was no way he would walk away a free man. He shot the gun doubt but was unintentional so dats equivalent to manslaughter
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by lacreamieboie(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
logicboy01: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1697706_oscar-pistorius_jpeg040c98680f8efc676bb4365f078ca8b3[/img]

Mehn! U bad oooo... lol... I laffed off my bed... to my sitting room... walked through the kitchen.... climbed the step... presently on my roof!!!! Still laughing...

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by logicboy01: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
lacreamieboie:
Mehn! U bad oooo... lol... I laffed off my bed... to my sitting room... walked through the kitchen.... climbed the step... presently on my roof!!!! Still laughing...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by wonda26(m): 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Bail extended. . Court adjoined to 13 October.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by anitank(f): 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ok so Oscar went to a club during his murder trial How appropriate!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by dotcomnamename: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mumus plenty for this thread, some of them no fit write O! dem go dey judge like sey their papa na chief state solicitor

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
akinsadeez:

He was actually charged with counts of premeditated murder, murder, culpable homicide n illegal possesion of firearms and not just murder as u think. He was acquitted of d first two and convicted of d last two.
The case is a bit different here. Under Nigerian law, he can't be charged with both murder and manslaughter of d same person together as murder presumes intention to kill while manslaughter presumes absence of intention. However if d prosecution is unable to prove the murder charge the judge still has d power to convict d accused of d lesser charge of manslaughter even if he wasn't expressly charged with it.

Thanks for the info. I do not harbour the intention to kill so I am ignorant of the law regarding charges. To kill Christmas chicken sef na like slapping a soldier man Wey just return from Chibok abi na Gworza.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by youngmonie: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
People are getting one thing wrong. In our eyes he may have comitttted plain murder because left to us his story doesnt make sense at all. But that doesnt apply to the judge. In the court its the prosecution vs the defence to proove their case. The prosecution have to proove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that he did it and defence has to proove otherwise. Dude has very GOOD and EXPENSIVE lawyers hence he has gotten away with it. OSCAR WOULD NOT SPEND A 1 MIN IN PRISON that his guaranteed already.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by maasoap(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Chinom: That picture is gross !!. He's going to jail. People should learn to think twice and hold back.
Part of the drama.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by maasoap(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
yorke1: Only God knows what really happened. It will be unfair to sentence an innocent man to jail.
Someone who killed his innocent, harmless long-time girlfriend is no more qualified to be referred to as innocent.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Culpable homicide. The Judge hinted at it yesterday. No surprise.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by zubyzoe(f): 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
DopeAngel: What Do I care?
ur wicked!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by patpeypey: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
youngmonie: People are getting one thing wrong. In our eyes he may have comitttted plain murder because left to us his story doesnt make sense at all. But that doesnt apply to the judge. In the court its the prosecution vs the defence to proove their case. The prosecution have to proove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that he did it and defence has to proove otherwise. Dude has very GOOD and EXPENSIVE lawyers hence he has gotten away with it. OSCAR WOULD NOT SPEND A 1 MIN IN PRISON that his guaranteed already.

I'm sorry dude. He was found guilty of culpable homicide which has a maximum sentence of 15years. There is every likelihood that he would spend some amount of time in prison.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Slymonster: manslaughter has a minimum years of 15 but he can appeal it...lol if it was naija,murder na murder as far person die and na you kill am......Our justice system need to learn from this...
It's a maximum of 15 years but he could get 7 to 10 years. The judgement sounds very fair to me. He was careless and someone died.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Mikehell(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Samoranopapa: i knew it
so ow many years is he going to spend in prison

Maximum of 15yrs......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
polymathic: Lemme quickly tune in to it tooo and see what's up... Knew he was gonna be found guilty of ManSlaughter
how u tey noh?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Ninilowo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
kunlesehan: See catarrh running down his nose...dis man fit act o, even e go win OSCAR award sef
smh...wetin be him name again...pity he couldn't fool everyone.
1BILLION LIKES. He sabi act well well and e dey work for am. He wan tell me say he no get handkerchief clean that him long nose. Arrant nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Delafruita(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
igbsam: Good.......See Him Catarrh face.

I hope they judged right sha cos i don dey feel sorry for the guy already.
t was the most likely judgement.murder is difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt especially in a case with poor witnesses and good defense attorneys.I said it at the beginning of this trial thatnhe woulnt be convicted of murder but coukd face jail time one some if the other charges

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by ugoezeik(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
NairaMode:

Sorry?.
You really didn't make sense. Can you expatiate?
ahhhh na insult b dis? wat I mean is dat u spoke well. dat na y u de insult me? hhhh I leave u wit god
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by kandiikane(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Is that snot?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by elijames(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Its just funny the way peeps here on Nairaland talk. For God's sakes the guy's condition makes him edgy and I guess most times he feels threatened. So please let's give him a break. It happend it happend. I know most people here didn't even follow the trial on CNN and there are here feeling as if they have been following up the trial.
Thank God for nairaland
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
ugoezeik: ahhhh na insult b dis? wat I mean is dat u spoke well. dat na y u de insult me? hhhh I leave u wit god

No... Why would I insult you? Don't do such. What if you are the one that would help me with that dream job.
It's common to say something doesn't make sense if it doesn't make sense to someone.
I just wanted you to clarify.
People would agree with me that what you wrote was not clear cut.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter by freecocoa(f): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Where's coogar o? Abeg how many years are we looking at?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mario Balotelli's Pet Pig 'Super' / Nigerian U-20 Players In Europe That Are Making Waves / Iheanacho Denied Poland Entry, Out Of Legia Warsaw Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.