Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc (4617 Views)

How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff / How Ex-governor Suswam Diverted N3bn From Benue State Treasury – EFCC / How Ohakim Looted Imo State Treasury. EFCC In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by dearie(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2006
Nice comments! I will only say that, 'Everyday is for the thief, one day for the owner'. Our leaders dont learn from their fallen colleagues, it's terrible.
Who would have imagined
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by Odeku(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2006
WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO RUN? this are law makers, EFCC Arrests 5 London Bound Ekiti Law makers

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=54343

Officers of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday boarded a London-bound Virgin Nigeria Airline plane in Lagos, accosted and arrested five members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, allegedly over a state poultry project scam running into billions of naira.
Yesterday's EFCC move occurred barely two days after Mr. Goke Olatunji, a Personal Assistant to Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose was picked up from the governor's entourage while on a plane bound for the United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 25.
The five arrested legislators include four men namely Messrs. Eyeowa Sunday Gabriel, Owoeye Olusegun Emmanuel, Ola Olusegun Festus, and Oluyeni Olusegun Olatunji; while the sole female legislator is Mrs. Oluwafemi Christiana. The five are said to be cooling their heels at the EFCC office in Ikoyi, Lagos, pending further action.
According to sources, the group were arrested around 10.30am while already aboard the Virgin Nigeria airline, in a move that may not be un-connected to investigation into a N1.5billion Ekiti State Integrated Poultry Project; for which both Olatunji and Mr. Gbenga James (project contractor) were arraigned by Federal Government before a Federal High Court presided over by Justice Tijani Abubakar on Wednesday, July 26, in Lagos.
Efforts to ascertain the specific reason (s) for the legislators' arrest from the EFCC proved futile as at the time of this report. Repeated calls and text messages by THISDAY to the GSM phone belonging to Mr. Osita Nwajah, EFCC's Media Relations Officer, went un-answered and un-replied.
THISDAY further gathered that ongoing investigation into the contentious poultry project has so far led arrests of eight persons, including Olatunji, James, one Architect Fari Abiodun, a contractor and owner of Bird Associates, and now the five legislators. Ekiti State House of Assembly has 26 members, all belonging to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Informed sources further disclosed that the legislators' present predicament may not be unconnected to the poultry project, which was allegedly unbudgeted for but was subsequently passed by the law-makers in a supplementary budget in 2004; and also an alleged illegal deduction from the Ekiti State Local Council funds. Fari, on the other hand was alleged to have been involved in the Ekiti State Government House project, alleged to have been completed by the erstwhile Governor, Otunba Niyi Adebayo before leaving.
It would be recalled that the Federal Government had on July 26 slammed a 15-count criminal charge against Olatunji and three others, for alleged criminal conversion of millions of naira meant for execution of the Ekiti State Integrated Poultry Project contract.
The three others docked with Fayose's Personal Assistant at the Federal High Court, Lagos were James, the contractor handling the Project, and his two companies, Biological Concepts Nigeria Limited and Avian Specialties Nigeria Limited.
However, at that proceeding before Justice Abubakar, the charges were not read and plea were also not taken as counsel representing the accused persons said they were only served a few minutes before the court session and needed to study the charge to be able to explain to the accused persons what their alleged offences were all about.
Specifically, Mr. Adekunle Oyesanya, who appeared for James and Biological Concepts (1st and 2nd accused persons respectively) and Mr. Durojaiye who represented Fayose's aide, had objected to the charge being read, insisting that the position of the law is that an accused is entitled to know the case against him and be given the opportunity to prepare for his defence.
They therefore asked the court to defer the reading of the charge and the taking of the plea to a later date to enable the accused prepare their defence. Consequently, Justice Abubakar adjourned the matter till August 1 and ordered that the accused be remanded in the custody of the EFCC.
The accused persons, according to the charge, were alleged to have either criminally converted, transferred, expended or collaborated to unlawfully expend millions of naira meant for execution of the Ekiti State poultry project.
The charge partly read that millions on naira were either transferred directly to the Governor or to him through his personal assistant or expended on the construction of his personal house or the purchase of personal car for his mother. The prosecution also specifically alleged that about N10 million meant for the poultry project was used in constructing the Governor's house in Ibadan.
The Federal Government also alleged that N14 million contract sum was converted to foreign currencies by the said contractor and was given to Governor Fayose and his P.A, while another N2.1 million was used to purchase a Mercedes Benz Car for the Governor's mother.
It was also alleged that said contractor, on May 26, 2004, transferred another N10 million meant for the poultry project to the Governor, while another N1.5 was said to have been transferred to one Chief Boboye Olanipekun.
The P.A. apart from allegedly receiving the stolen funds and transferring same to his boss, was also alleged to have made false statement to the EFCC by denying that he did not receive any money from the said contractor for onward transmission to his boss
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by babadee(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2006
this is just the beginning, the time of real revelations is yet to come
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by justin04(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2006
Don't understand how u can give immunity to someone like this. So if this Governor kills, he is immuned from standing trial? Who dey make all this laws sef?
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by Odeku(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2006
Blind politicians that can't read but all they worry about is how to embezzle. they make the law I wonder what they all doing any law can be revise.
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by DaHitler(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2006
I would like to know how much he is suspected of looting. Not to make a small thing out of this, when I convert the naira figures in the original post to dollars, it doesn't come out to be a lot. No where near as high as I assume theses governors steal. So, is it that Fayose is one of the least corrupt governors, or is he just really bad at embezzling?

However, he should still be punished for this theft.

But more importantly, I wonder if the PDP in Ekiti would field him as their 2007 candidate for the State's governorship. That should tell us how much honor the party has.
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by Odeku(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2006
Estimate 25 Billion naira. do the convertion and this is one project. imagine how many project is under the carpet. there are more to come on this issue, all the law makers commissioners and governor are shaking like headless chicken.

http://www.cometnewsonline.com/ekiti_elders.html
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by sam4flench: 12:44am On Aug 02, 2006
IT IS A PITY THAT OUR GENERATION FOUND OURSELF IN THIS CIRCUS OF GENERATIONAL CHEATS!!! OUR PROBLEM IS MULTIFACETED IN THE SENCE THAT IN 1999 WHEN ELECTION WAS ELECTIONEERED TO BRING INTO OFFICE PEOPLE LIKE OBJ THROUGH RIGGING AND MONEY LAUNDERING WE MERELY CONCOUR. PDP ALREADY KNOWS THAT MOST OF HIS CANDIDATES AS OF THEN ARE OPPOURTUNIST. PDP CANNOT CONTINUE TO PLAY FOOLHARDY HERE,THE REASON NOT FAR FETCHED,LET THE TOP ECHELON OF PDP AND OBJ GO BACK TO THEIR PRE 1999 ELECTION MACHINATION AND COLLATE THE AMOUNT OF FRAUD AND RIGGING EXPENDED,THE AMOUNT OF MILLION OF NAIRA THAT WAS INVESTED BY PEOPLE OF NO PROVEN INTERGRITY YET OBJ AND HIS COHORTS ENJOY THE TRAIN OF DECEPTION TO ATTAIN THEIR PRESENT OFFICES.

THE QUESTION REMAINS THAT;WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?HOW CAN YOU START OFF A PROJECT WITH RIGGING AND CHEATING LATER TO SET UP A TOOTHLESS efcc?  WHERE ARE THE RESEARCH INSTITUTE,REFORMATION CENTRE,QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE EDUCATION,VISIONARY POLICY FOR REFORMING AREA BOYS GENERATED AS A RESULT OF BAD GOVERNANCE

OUR YOUTH WILL CONTINUE TO BE MISLED! YES! SINCE THE ONLY OPPURTUNITY ACCORDED THE YOUTH BY SUCCESIVE GOVERNMENT IS UNDERDEVELOPMENT.HISTORY HAVE IT THAT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

I DO NOT BLAME FAYOSE BECAUSE GIVEN THE FORMAT WITH WHICH HE AND OTHERS ENJOYED TO OFFICE,FRAUD BEGATH FRAUD.

GOOD AND RESPONSIVE GOVERNANCE IS WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS, LET TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS,WHY SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO ALLOW PUBLIC OFFICE SEEKER VOW WITH EITHER BIBLE OR QURAN WHEN THE TWO "HOLY BOOKS" ARE FOREIGN TO OUR ANCESTOR,IT IS HIGH TIME WE INCULCATE THE gods INTO OUR CONSTITUTION WHERE THE PRIEST OF EVERY KNOWN gods WILL BE PART OF THE LEGISLATIVE,JUDICIARY AND EXECUTIVE.

PRACTICALLY AND PHYSICALLY FRAUD WILL CONTINUE TO STRIVE AND MAKE WAVE, BECAUSE A PEOPLE THAT IS LARGELY UNDER EDUCATED AND THEREBY UNDERDEVELOP WILL CONTINUE TO CHERISH SHORT CUT ,AMATEURISM,MYOPIC AND CHOP I CHOP SYNDROME.
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by DaHitler(m): 1:59am On Aug 02, 2006
Odeku:

Estimate 25 Billion naira. do the convertion and this is one project. imagine how many project is under the carpet. there are more to come on this issue, all the law makers commissioners and governor are shaking like headless chicken.

http://www.cometnewsonline.com/ekiti_elders.html

Please, tell me you are kidding.  shocked

I can't grasp how people can be so hearthless. I have traveled to 5 out of the 7 Yoruba states in Nigeria and they are all piss poor. Everywhere you look, poorly clothed and malnourished children are about just lotterring around. All the industries are either working way below capacity or are in complete ruin. The air is blackened with smoke as uneducated farmers use ancient farming techniques to provide enough food for their family. Its just pathetic.

And whats worse, I hear people say that the Niger-Delta is under-developed, but in all honesty, I can't imagine an area any less developed than rural areas of Ogun, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti. I can't imagine roads any worse than the slippery red mud pathways that commuters are forced to travel on. Roads that when rain falls, the ground below you would carry you and your vehicle to rest at the bottom of a near-by creek.

Its one thing to say that the Governors are detached from the people, but that is a lie. It is impossible for you to spend 1 hour moving around in any of those states with out seeing enough tragedy to bury your head in shame.

Nigeria needs true federalism, even in light of the atrocious rate of corruption in the nation. The reason being, it seems like only the sight of Oyinbo (Foreigners) motivates these degenerates to at least put effort into making things presentable. As long as Abuja is the all powerful center, the governors can continue to loot unhindered. If the Governor of Ogun State had to bring foreigners to Abeokuta when he trying to woo them into sponsoring farms int he State, Abeokuta and the whole of Ogun would not look like that. But as it is now, Daniel and Ministers can hitch a flight to Abuja and have dinner and tours with the Oyibos over there. Ignorant Oyibos would no doubt see the ever-improving roads of the nations capital and think that as Abuja is improving,t he rest of the nation is aswell.

Note: I don't know if Gbenga Danielle of Ogun is a looter or not. I just use it as an example because other than Lagos, Ogun is the State I am most familiar with.
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by Odeku(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2006
Well people see power and political post in Nigeria as a means to enrich themselves, there has to be a better check and balance regulation in place and this people won't be so powerful. the EFCC is doing a wonderful job. they've saved Nigeria Billions since inauguration.
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by ronkebaby(f): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2006
I am an Ekiti woman and if this is the only legacy Obj wants to leave for us, me am happy. At least that rogue Fayose is being taught a bitter lesson. Ekitis are much more enlightened for someone to take for a ride. Imagine him pocketing 70% of the total money allocated to Ekitiland.
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by omofineboy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2006
I hate the guy not dislike I hate his guts for being too arrogant I don't like seeing him on TV, I doubt that guy went to school as was speculated the other time, but The Poly Ibadan which I respected most came defending him after TELL did a very good report about him, becuase PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PROBLEM threatened the school, anyway I learnt he probably has relocated prison to his town, good for him, good home after looting project. ole, barawo
Re: How Fayose Looted Ekiti Treasury – Efcc by Odeku(m): 2:40am On Oct 02, 2006
Its finally here. time to go to jail your excellency. Ribadu is coming for you

http://www.westerner-ng.com/politics/ppoct010601.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are We Really Practicing Democracy? / Nigerians, Will Your Country Ever Develop / Delta State Local Govt Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.