Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb (2434 Views)

Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug(photo) / Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by LMAyedun(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ebola: Liberian woman found hanging in Lagos suburb

There was confusion on Bankole Street, Isheri-Oke, Lagos on Friday morning when residents woke up to the sight of a woman hanging on a tree.

The woman, popularly called Kate in the area, was found dead in a black sweater and orange skirt under a pear tree.

Our correspondent, who also visited the scene, gathered from the residents that the woman did not live on the street.Residents who spoke to our correspondent also said that the woman was a Liberian who worked in a sachet water factory before she died.

While they said that the woman had been sickly for some time, the residents said she did not appear to have any problem with anyone in the community.But after the outbreak of the Ebola disease that was brought to Nigeria by a Liberian diplomat, Patrick Sawyer, some of the people in the area opted not to have anything to do with her.One of the residents who pleaded anonymity said, “We see her in this neighbourhood every day. She always looked sick but people stopped selling to her after the Ebola outbreak. It could be because she was Liberian and looked sickly.

This might have frustrated her.”Another resident who spoke to our correspondent after his request for anonymity was granted said, “She attended a church in the area and her church members still saw her yesterday. I used to see her every day in the dress she died in. She was sick and people in this area had avoided her, especially after the Ebola outbreak.

”The PUNCH gathered from some landlords, who are members of the Isheri Oke Community Development Association, that the incident had been reported to the Isheri Police Division.Efforts to reach the Baale (head) of the area,Chief Albert Bankole, for comments proved abortive as he declined to speak to The PUNCH on the issue.The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, could not be reached for comments.

Meanwhile, when our correspondent left there around 11am, the woman’s body was still hanging on the pear tree.

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/

1 Share

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by lekkie073(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Eeya.... cry
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by purplesummer(f): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
It's unfortunate. No matter what she was passing through, suicide shouldn't be an option and come to think of it...she goes to church!

Anyways, suicide is a crime in Nigeria, her corpse should be arrested angry
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by makazona(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
chai
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by thwarrior72: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
Pathetic....the poor woman could no longer bear the discrimination and decided to take her life, to end the misery cry
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by thwarrior72: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
purplesummer: It's unfortunate. No matter what she was passing through, suicide shouldn't be an option and come to think of it...she goes to church!

In some situation like hers, suicide might be the only option
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by stinggy(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
So sad what depression can cause. Sawyer can you what caused

But really can a Nigerian be depressed to this extent? I doubt

RIP btw, tell Sawyer posterity will never judge him well
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by watchthisposter(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
Chai, poor woman. Why couldn't she like just move to another neighboorhood where nobody knows she's Liberian?

Na wa 4 Naija O! Even though the woman is dead, they are all still afraid to touch her corpse!! Nobody can even dare bring her corpse down from the tree!! cheesy

EBOLA! I salute you!! The name above every other name(xcept Jesus of course wink ). At the mention of that name every man must run.

Even that hypocritical punch correspondent sef, what did he/she do to get that unsightly mess properly taken care of? Na to rush off go write article make punch sell newspaper make money naim he sabi angry

purplesummer:

Yeah, quick call the police!! angry
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by overhypedsteve(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmm. Ebola, like the great tb Joshua said, threatens to take away the humanity in us
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by greatgod2012(f): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
Chai......see what stigmatisation caused. We Nigerians are very good at it, yet, we are so religious, but obviously ungodly. So because she was a liberian now, she's automatically an ebola victim....na wa o.

RIP to the woman though.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by greatgod2012(f): 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
BokoHaramInfo1: www...com

www...com

www...com

aint you tired of this, are you happy that BH is tomenting the country abi what
Miserable bloggers!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by cirmuell(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
It was expected sad
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by LMAyedun(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
BokoHaramInfo1: www...com

www...com

www...com

greatgod2012:
aint you tired of this, are you happy that BH is tomenting the country abi what
Miserable bloggers!
I wonder oO!
This blogger should be arrested.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by greatgod2012(f): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
watchthisposter: Chai, poor woman. Why couldn't she like just move to another neighboorhood where nobody knows she's Liberian?

Na wa 4 Naija O! Even though the woman is dead, they are all still afraid to touch her corpse!! Nobody can even dare bring her corpse down from the tree!! cheesy

EBOLA! I salute you!! The name above every other name(xcept Jesus of course wink ). At the mention of that name every man must run.

Even that hypocritical punch correspondent sef, what did he/she do to get that unsightly mess properly taken care of? Na to rush off go write article make punch sell newspaper make money naim he sabi angry

Yeah, quick call the police!! angry

i dey tell you, if the way we fear ebola is the way we fear and reference God, this country would have been a better place for all of us.

Someone even said and i quote......."i respect that ebola o" and i asked if he respect himself and his fellow human beings like that........there was no response................na wa for all of us o

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by yunglykmine(m): 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
The fear of Ebola will eventually result into more death if care isn't taken...

This is sad!
R I P to her...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by ucheokpara100(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
God pls do me a favour and wipe d entire nigeria cos thy are too gullible 2 my likin, hw 'll a nation discriminate someone jst because she's a liberian?
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by 1stdeolaw(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
I cried when I saw the first pic online where people actually stood and took pics of her with their phones. O God why did you bring me here among horrible people!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by UnknownT: 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
OP, next time Viewers Discretion is advised!!!!
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by amiskurie(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
See those Nigerians standing close to the deceased

What if?!

Ok!
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by LMAyedun(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
UnknownT: OP, next time Viewers Discretion is advised!!!!
Noted Sir!
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by youngmonie: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
LETS PLAY DETECTIVE HERE FOR THOSE WHO WATCH CSI (RIP TO THE LADY THO)

But i think this woman did not commit suicide, the police should launch a criminal investigation. Look at where she was hanged, look at the stool which she could have stood on before hanging herself....the stool is still in an upright position which should be for someone who hanged themselves, likwise look at the distance from where she is to where the stool is

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by mars123(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
They discriminated her till she took her life,typical of Nigerians everywhere in the streets...#heartless;from rich leader to poor civilian...change your ways my people.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by greatgod2012(f): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
1stdeolaw: I cried when I saw the first pic online where people actually stood and took pics of her with their phone. O God why did you bring me here among horrible people!

can you imagine
And some people will be running their mouth anyhow about the insensitivity of the govt............what other level of insensitivity can be higher than this
They're not even afraid if an unexpected happens.......i wonder what those taking the pics really want to use it for..........prolly for facebook upload.....mtchew...........heartless people.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by greatgod2012(f): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
LMAyedun: Noted Sir!

its never too late, the title can still be modified.

UnknownT: OP, next time Viewers Discretion is advised!!!!
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by mars123(m): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
youngmonie: LETS PLAY DETECTIVE HERE FOR THOSE WHO WATCH CSI (RIP TO THE LADY THO)

But i think this woman did not commit suicide, the police should launch a criminal investigation. Look at where she was hanged, look at the stool which she could have stood on before hanging herself....the stool is still in an upright position which should be for someone who hanged themselves, likwise look at the distance from where she is to where the stool is
suicide 101,let the stool with which you stand upon to kill yourself be distanced from the tree with a few inches,so that as you swing away,you swing to quicker freedom.RIP to the dead(God fit reason her case).
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by RockMaxi: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
I used to see her every day in the dress she died in

This woman died of stigmatization..
Imagine the same dress everyday, what did the church do?
Thought somebody will be enlightened enough to have notified the health authorities of the danger this woman poses to the community for them to pick her up. That alone is love.
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
1stdeolaw: I cried when I saw the first pic online where people actually stood and took pics of her with their phones. O God why did you bring me here among horrible people!
I echo your sentiments bro. Looking at those mindless and heartless sheeple, I can definitely understand why the deceased chose suicide. Better than living amongst such inhuman people.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by watchthisposter(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
BoboYekini: I echo your sentiments bro. Looking at those mindless and heartless sheeple, I can definitely understand why the deceased chose suicide. Better than living amongst such inhuman people.

Like I said before, she could also have moved bases to another place where people don't know she's Liberian.

I still see suicide as a cowardly choice, there are people in worse situations than her's who are still here fighting their best to change their situations.
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by 1stdeolaw(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
watchthisposter:

Like I said before, she could also have moved bases to another place where people don't know she's Liberian.

I still see suicide as a cowardly choice, there are people in worse situations than her's who are still here fighting their best to change their situations.

Say what? She was living there b4 the ebola outbreak and still couldn't do more than a pure water factory worker. Now imagine her changing location after the outbreak... she would have died still... died of hunger
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by Arysexy(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lagosians and their animal behaviour, snapping dead woman, what da fuccck!

If she died of Ebola, all those camera freaks would have caught it.

Only in Lagos u will see people crowd a dying accident victim with their two hands on their heads shouting, crying and wailing 'egbamioooo' while some take snap shots of the dying victim without any first aid administration nor attempt to rusher the victim to hospital.

I wonder where our human values and sympathy travelled to.

RIP woman.
Re: Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb by koikoi2(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
It was wrong for people to avoid her because she was sickly and a citizen of Liberia.

On her part it was double wrong for her to take her life.

Consequences of her action is dat she's in hell already but will be reincarnated after 7 days into d life of one of those in lagos dat avoided and treated her badly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How We Build Mansion In Lagos, Abuja And Kano / Madness Or Style? Yahoo Boy Poses Inside Casket (see Why + Photos) / Lady Give Birth Wit Muslim Praying Beads Tied Around The Baby In Kebbi(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.