Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,753 members, 7,844,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (539882 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 7:59am On Feb 04, 2017
ebubenwa:
The man was the one that submitted the documents and the visa is business visa. Tnks
hope the man didn't submit fake documents?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
ebubenwa:
The man was the one that submitted the documents and the visa is business visa. Tnks

I suggest you ask your hubby to take the bull by the horns @Ebubenwa.
Your hubby could go visit the Embassy to get a clearer picture about his applications. They(Lagos embassy) are quite kind people and would sure be patient enough to attend to his queries.

I am unsure if anyone here could be of help to you(i stand to be corrected though) 'cos we were never in the picture prior to his applications and cannot be certain for sure as to the documents they submitted on his behalf.

NB: This is not to create undue fear, worries or anxiety, but a whole lotta Biz visa, conference visa, medical visa and a few more applications were turned down right at my presence, while i visited the embassy a few times last year(August 2016). These applicants had agents like your hubby did, and only got to know 'cos they visited the embassy themselves. A certain woman (for medical visa), even created a fuss on a certain occasion when hers n that of her hubby was rejected and she had to be locked-outta the embassy gate. She cried un-uncontrollably forcing the Ambassador himself to physically review her case(while i was been attended to), but nothing was worked-out for her as she had a few unverifiable(fake) docs and a lot more incomplete docs.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
Dear Aspirants and Info. seekers,

We are all with you and your honest quest to come over here for genuine academic study purposes and off-course economically enhance yourselves and your families back home too.

As a way of carrying the rest of you all along, i shall; on a daily (or) weekly basis, un-earth most private email discussions on some FAQ by few of us here, without off-course revealing the identities of the senders. I plead and encourage others and our dearest Acadollar to find-time to do so too, hoping this would eventually solve the problem of repetitive questions on this forum.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
FAQ (1)

Good day,
I'm 17 of age and would love to come school over in South Korea but have gotten no help. Even from schools I emailed. So a friend of mine told me to message you about schooling there that you'll be willing to offer help. Hoping to get a reply from you. Thanks

Hi ***

Compliments to you too.
For you to come to SK for study, you would require a whole lot which includes huge finances and lots of documentation works and all of that cannot be achieved if you are not well prepared or have a willing sponsor(like parents) to foot the bills.

If truly you are 17, i suggest you take your time to sit for JAMB/PCE and try-out the Nigerian Universities first and see what life offers afterwards. You are way too young and fresh to fight your way through the Nigerian Education system. Why the rush for SK Education?

Cheers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
FAQ (2)

Hi,
What are the admission timings in SK and particularly for KIT and what documents do i need to put together?

Hello ***
1. There are 2 admission timings and intakes in South Korea(especially at KIT).
One is for the Spring Batch (March/April) and another is for the Summer Batch (Aug/Sept).
For the Spring batch, it's all closed right now(application commences by Nov.), but the summer batch application would commence around May/June, So brace-up yourself, arrange your documents and get ready to apply by May, 2017.

2. For admission timings and documentations for application, pls visit the KIT website: http://eng.kumoh.ac/e_new/sub03/Admission%20Guide.php

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
FAQ (3)

Hello brother,
Please I will love to inquire somethings from you.

I want to apply for admission in Korea as soon as possible but i graduated with a 3rd class in ***
Please will this grade take me to study in Korea for Masters?

Is test of English exam required of me?

I have a budget of #1.5m including flight, visa and school fees, will this amount be ok for that?

Is there any school on admission presently or in near future?

Am so sorry for the numerous questions and thanks for your time.
God bless

Hi ***

1. Yes, test of English score is a must for admission into South Korea's UG/PG/PhD programs. However, i feel you could do a little more research on some other institutions that could be willing to waive that off for you.

2. Admission into the Spring Semester (March/April intake), are mostly concluded in SK.....next would be summer admission(Aug/Sept. intake) which opens around May 2017.

3. Also, for your budget, that is dependent on your flight choice, your Univ. fees, your accommodation cost and your living lifestyle here. 1.5 mils could just be well enough (or) may not, for 1 full semester, considering all the factors i have mentioned.

4. Finally, about your grades, i am not in a position to ascertain that, but you and I know it may however be a huge challenge for you to get-in for direct Masters Programs with that grade score.
However i will suggest you to come here for the Korean Language Program first and then navigate round SK while on your Language program to see if any Univ. could accept you for direct Masters with your grade score.

Cheers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ebubenwa: 11:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Thanks Mr willi10. He will be there next wk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
Please, I wanna apply for the federal government BEA Scholarship n I'm looking at putting South Korea (putting in for M.SC in Biotechnology). Please, do u have any info on d scholarships recipients in S.K?

Cos most I've seen online r those in China, Russia n Hungary... Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by habeebb: 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
judith989:
Hello house...please I am trying to apply for the KOREAN government scholarship program...and I need to notarize my document... is there anyone in the house who has tried notarization of Transcript with high court in LAGOS...I need to know the cost please...

Please, I need your assistance with the KGSP. I'm intending to apply for the 2017 version of the scholarship. How did u notarize ur documents...
abeeb.yekeen@hotmail.com

I will really appreciate your response...

Thank you...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by udi2111: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello gurus in the house especially acadollar, will 10,please i want to know if South Korea universities refund school fees in a case of visa refusal and how long does it take. thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 9:12am On Feb 10, 2017
udi2111:
Hello gurus in the house especially acadollar, will 10,please i want to know if South Korea universities refund school fees in a case of visa refusal and how long does it take. thanks

Any Univ. you deal-with, should be very clear about their refund policies!
So have a check with it before making payments.

Cheers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2017
FAQ (4)

Hello there!
My name is *** I got your email from ***.
1. I am thinking of applying to kit but i do not know how to go about my application, i will appreciate if you can help me with some tips (or let me know how you did yours).
2. I am interested in information security, unfortunately kit does not offer that, so i am looking into software Engineering.
3. Please i'll also appreciate if you can share your knowledge about what IT Convergence Engineering entails in kit.
I would be most grateful if you send me a reply.
Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for writing me ***.
As i know quite well, KIT is purely and off-course; the only Engineering University in the whole of South Korea, little wonder why virtually all their programs/courses are purely Engineering-inclined except maybe for their MBA programs.

With that in mind, the need to also consider departments that offer full scholarship and even some stipends every other month, with funds for conference/workshop travels comes to mind, and that's where IT convergence Engineering Dept. comes into the picture.

IT convergence Engineering Department consists of two (2) RESEARCH Laboratories, focusing mainly on Software Defined Networks, Wireless Network Systems for industrial,Avionics, SK Military and SK Naval Projects. Once admitted into any of these Labs, you would sure get school fees cover, monthly stipends, and funds to attend conferences both within and outside SK, which will be enough to cater your needs and have a few more to save too. However, these labs are hugely competitive and are more concerned for long term admissions(PhD), as their Masters are quite competitive due to the huge applications they get.

Other Departments that does similar to IT Convergence(full fees cover and stipends) is located at the Temporary campus and its called Medical IT Dept, focusing majorly on medical-related Research applications and Projects. Other departments such as Software Engr'ng(which you actually wanted), do not have such covers and you just might have to pay your way through till graduation.

Finally, their are usually 2-main ways to come over to SK for studies. First, by normal university admission intake(next intake for Sept. batch starts by May 2017), while the second is by KGSP(Korean Govt. Scholarship Program)(next intake for Sept. Batch has commenced).

NB: With KGSP admissions, you must start by studying and passing the Korean Language Tests for 1-year, before proceeding to study your Program-Major. It also fully funded by the SK Govt. plus $900 usd monthly stipend.

I guess i have done well enough to address your queries.

Cheers,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 10:22am On Feb 10, 2017
FAQ (5)

Greetings Sir.

I write to appeal to you to guide and educate me conscientiously as regards my plans of arriving Korea soon for MSC in Biotechnology.

What basically am I to expect and how should I prepare?

I will cherish your advise so dearly even as am planning to arrive on the *** of February.

Thanks and God bless you

Dear ***,

Congrats on your admission success!

I may not be fully able to or in the best position to guide you regarding your expectations when you are here.
But here are a few general keynotes to expect.

1. Culture and climate shock.
You might find it very difficult(at first) to effectively move-around and communicate with Koreans esp'ly the non-English speakers. They are often shy and timid people and hardly would wanna speak to you first. Hence, always be the first start up a conversation with them. We also have lotta foreigners here too.
We are currently in winter season ATM, so ensure you have made provisions for winter clothes and basic winter necessities. Also come with all your personal effects that you will require to survive here for a while.

2. Dormitory Life.
I am sure you would wanna pitch your tent with the Univ. Dormitory. They are very awesome, less expensive and have all the facilities you would require(WIFI, hot n cold shower, AC units, Heaters, laundry machine, cafeteria, Gym, drinks n coffee dispensers and much more, But they are usually shared rooms. So be very ready to share rooms with strangers(for a start).

3. Study Programs
Studies are great here and you will also have all the facilities you want, but they usually study long hours here. So be prepared.

4. Part Time Jobs/ Full time Jobs.
There are jobs here...in-fact lots of jobs here and good-paying too. But depending on your program and Univ., it might just be impossible for you to work and study easily. Best time to work here is during your long vacay. So be prepared financially. Do not get stock here!

5. Food and eatables.
If you are planning to go with the food provided by the Univ, then its fine, but you just might not like a few of their meals here. Hence, i suggest you to opt-out and cook on your own. We @KIT have special kitchen facilities for foreign students here, all you need is to get few cooking utensils and you're good to go. Also come with enough Naija food items that could last you for at-least 6 months or more.

6. Standard of Living.
Living standards are relatively high in SK and you just might be in a shock(at first) if you are not adequately prepared financially. But the standards measures up to the life here as you can easily work and earn hugely here too. So be ready for this.

7. Night Life.
If you are often the Night-crawling kinda person, we have them clubs here too, lots. but they don't come cheaply also.

8. Clothes and other personal stuffs.
Get them before coming over here, cos you just might be shocked(at first) by the cost of these items here.

9. Fun and Sports.
We @KIT have world-class sporting facilities here and have int'l soccer team as well, so if you're a sports lover n player, you are welcome, just make sure you come with your sports wears.
For fun, its up-to you to create some fun for yourself here. Weekend get-away trips and travels, bawling, clubbing, meeting people, sight-seeing and scenery, hiking etc.

I hope these few points helps.

Cheers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by udi2111: 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
Thanks alot will10 for the great job you're doing here on this sk thread. what are my chances of getting admitted into that IT convergence engineering or medical IT department for someone like me who graduated with a bachelor degree in electrical engineering and a high ielts score.i didn't know such kind of scholarship that covers full tuition with monthly stipends exist in Kit. I'm surprised you just mentioned it. thanks for giving us your time here.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Babaken(m): 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
Big thanks to all the big OGA's here ACADOLLAR and co. @Acadollar please I need your help I really want to Move down to South Korea for hustle I want to Use business or visit visa my problem is that I Don't have anyone there that will send me IV or put me through when I come over. Acadollar please help me out cuz I afraid of all this Agent parading Themselves everywhere. Am a Nigerian base in Ghana I don't know if I should use Ghana or Nigeria Passport to process the visa thank you and may God bless you.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mylollipop: 1:05am On Feb 13, 2017
@,acadollar, will 10 and other gurus in the house
Compliments and maximum regards to you all. l be been following this thread for some time now and I must confess that you guys are doing great and marvelous work here.

I have contacted some schools in Korea such as Seoul national university etc for Korea language programs for the the past two weeks but none of them has replied me. please,is there any school you can recommend to me for language program with cheapest tuition fee and how to contact them easily with immediate response.

secondly, I have a Chinese friend here in Nigeria who her family base in Korea, she promise to get me a conference visa and free accommodation in her house in Korea with ease of getting a job by her hubby but I was scared to accept the offer because of the conference visa and more over I learnt that most of the time people were deported at the point of entry which I don't know if visa type is the cause.

please kindly advice me on what to do or option to choose, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 5:35am On Feb 16, 2017
mylollipop:
@,acadollar, will 10 and other gurus in the house
Compliments and maximum regards to you all. l be been following this thread for some time now and I must confess that you guys are doing great and marvelous work here.

I have contacted some schools in Korea such as Seoul national university etc for Korea language programs for the the past two weeks but none of them has replied me. please,is there any school you can recommend to me for language program with cheapest tuition fee and how to contact them easily with immediate response.

secondly, I have a Chinese friend here in Nigeria who her family base in Korea, she promise to get me a conference visa and free accommodation in her house in Korea with ease of getting a job by her hubby but I was scared to accept the offer because of the conference visa and more over I learnt that most of the time people were deported at the point of entry which I don't know if visa type is the cause.

please kindly advice me on what to do or option to choose, Thanks

In my own opinion:
1: SN Univ. is asking a little too much. Start with something moderate or even less-moderate since you are considering language Prog. for now. Google is always your friend and a thorough brush-up of this thread(from the start) should help you with a handsome list of schools.

2. People could be deported based on so many reasons/factors. Not necessarily the visa type but the documentations, confidence (when asked questions by the immigration officers) and clarity of purpose in Korea. For instance if your documentation isn't clear about your destination point and accommodation, pickup person or contacts, mission/purpose, you would be sent back.

NB: The highlighted parts in bold could majorly be the reasons here. Immigration officers sometimes puts a call through to your contacts, verifies him/her personality(institution/coy/organizations/church/hospital/mosques/whatever) and affinities(ties) with you even without your knowledge. Choice is yours to make. EOD.
This link might not be exactly related to our discussions, but it sure summarizes how the immigration officers operate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbKQmy4RZA

Hope this helps!
Cheers.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by TumiDonserenos(f): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2017
South Korea is a very nice country to live, very chilled and laid back, I also know that one must be able to communicate in Korean.

http://donserenosconsult.com/index.php/services/migration-visa-consulting
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mylollipop: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
M
WILL10:

In my own opinion:
1: SN Univ. is asking a little too much. Start with something moderate or even less-moderate since you are considering language Prog. for now. Google is always your friend and a thorough brush-up of this thread(from the start) should help you with a handsome list of schools.

2. People could be deported based on so many reasons/factors. Not necessarily the visa type but the documentations, confidence (when asked questions by the immigration officers) and clarity of purpose in Korea. For instance if your documentation isn't clear about your destination point and accommodation, pickup person or contacts, mission/purpose, you would be sent back.

NB: The highlighted parts in bold could majorly be the reasons here. Immigration officers sometimes puts a call through to your contacts, verifies him/her personality(institution/coy/organizations/church/hospital/mosques/whatever) and affinities(ties) with you even without your knowledge. Choice is yours to make. EOD.
This link might not be exactly related to our discussions, but it sure summarizes how the immigration officers operate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbKQmy4RZA

Hope this helps!
Cheers.
@ will10,Thanks Bro,wish you more blessing

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mylollipop: 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
WILL10:

I have decided to submit my application to SNU and pay all their fees but a bit scared of scammers cos am not familiar with this online stuff.some of this website can be operating by scammers.
Please what is apostille of credentials or documents and where can I do it?Thanks

In my own opinion:

Hope this helps!
Cheers.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mylollipop: 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
WILL10:

I have decided to submit my application to SNU but a bit scared of scammers cos I'm not too familiar with online stuff and I believe some website can be operating by scammers.
Please what is apostille of certificates or documents and where can I do it?Thanks

In my own opinion:

Hope this helps!
Cheers.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 3:26am On Feb 17, 2017
WILL10:

In my own opinion:

Hope this helps!
Cheers.
Please, bro, do all South Korean Universities require TOEFL or IELT before admitting one to a Master's degree? Please I sent you a PM
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 3:37am On Feb 17, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Please, bro, do all South Korean Universities require TOEFL or IELT before admitting one to a Master's degree? Please I sent you a PM

Pls refer to my FAQ (3)
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
WILL10:

Pls refer to my FAQ (3)
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Babaken(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Please ACADOLLAR I don't know if you receive my email I write to you with my mobile contact include.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Gilbenex: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
Is tuition fee payment confirmation necessary for visa application?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mylollipop: 2:51am On Feb 18, 2017
I want to submit my documents to a korea university but they ask me to submit apostille documents/credentials.
Please anyone with experience on how I can go about it?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2017
mylollipop:
I want to submit my documents to a korea university but they ask me to submit apostille documents/credentials.
Please anyone with experience on how I can go about it?
bros issues about your request have been overflogged in the past...it is done in abuja...find time to read through the last 10pages

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mylollipop: 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
Shakitibob0:
bros issues about your request have been overflogged in the past...it is done in abuja...find time to read through the last 10pages

Thanks bro, can it also be done in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.