Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Help! My Honda Civic Gozzles Too Much Fuel! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Honda Civic Gozzles Too Much Fuel! (1182 Views)

Help! My Audi A4 Takes Too Much Fuel!! / HELP: My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel. / 1999 Toyota Camry Consumes Too Much Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Honda Civic Gozzles Too Much Fuel! by Esejojo: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2014
Hi. I have this 2001 Honda Civic. I noticed that it guzzles a lot of fuel. I diagnosed it and discovered that the catalyst converter had been tampered with.

My mechanic suggested that in lieu of replacing it - as this would come at a huge cost - that I should get a panel beater to contrap an alternative solution.

What I need to know is, would this contraption by the panel beater solve the overly high fuel consumption by my car?

However, my brother thought this alternative solution would do more harm to the vehicle.

Please, what do you think?

Thanks.
Re: Help! My Honda Civic Gozzles Too Much Fuel! by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 13, 2014
Esejojo: Hi. I have this 2001 Honda Civic. I noticed that it guzzles a lot of fuel. I diagnosed it and discovered that the catalyst converter had been tampered with.

My mechanic suggested that in lieu of replacing it - as this would come at a huge cost - that I should get a panel beater to contrap an alternative solution.

What I need to know is, would this contraption by the panel beater solve the overly high fuel consumption by my car?

However, my brother thought this alternative solution would do more harm to the vehicle.

Please, what do you think?

Thanks.
Ignore that clown of a mechanic. Follow what's right. Replace that catalytic converter.
Re: Help! My Honda Civic Gozzles Too Much Fuel! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2014
Getting a 2001 (tokumbor) catalytic converter is possible but difficult considering it is 13years old! On the other hand a new one is readily available, just contact luvinghubby(run a search), mean while blocking your exhaust with wires and nets will damage your engine in the long run.

Just out of curiosity what are your scan code results that made you conclude your catalyst is bad?

There are also short cuts when your catalyst is bad which involve using extenders to fool the "brainbox" into believing the catalyst is functioning properly (this is illegal in many countries except for nigeria) this is less invasive and will only take a few minutes.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Vehicle / Honda Accord 2007 DC & Honda Accord 2007 Hybrid, What Are The Differences? / Accidentally Putting Diesel In A Petrol Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.