Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,990 members, 7,852,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids (728 Views)

9 Lies You Need To Stop Believing / 3 Years Ago They Were Told To Plan His Funeral, But Look At Him Now(photo) / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by toby2(m): 8:12am On Sep 13, 2014
Just woke up dis mornin and listenin to our compound baby playin away and enjoyin herself in the midst of the adults. Then i remembered the funny lies we took serious as kids.
When i was younger, the first set of teeth i lost was my front teeth. We were told to add stones equivalent to our ages and throw it on the roof. And make sure lizards doesn't see ur OPEN WINDOW(teeth) or else it will neva grow.
Another one was dat, if you swallow orange seed, an orange tree will grow in ur belle.
So guys, feel free to bed urs. Good mornin y'all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by lirusehn(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2014

I neva gave them the chance to be deceived undecided
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by dytbabe: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2014
That as a young gal, if a man touches u, u will get preggy
It actually happened to me in my secondary sch days, even with biology and all, I still beleived the lie.

Ok, went home for mid term and met this my crush, he actually hugged me and I pushed him away, got to sch and didn't see my period, I started cryin, that I warned him not to come close, he wldnt listen, now am preggy.
A close matured frnd saw me cryin and asked, so I told her and she started laughing, she laughed so hard that I was angry.

I jst laugh when I rem
Mum!
Mum!!!
Mum!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by toby2(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2014
dytbabe: That as a young gal, if a man touches u, u will get preggy
It actually happened to me in my secondary sch days, even with biology and all, I still beleived the lie.

Ok, went home for mid term and met this my crush, he actually hugged me and I pushed him away, got to sch and didn't see my period, I started cryin, that I warned him not to come close, he wldnt listen, now am preggy.
A close matured frnd saw me cryin and asked, so I told her and she started laughing, she laughed so hard that I was angry.

I jst laugh when I rem
Mum!
Mum!!!
Mum!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
that, was serious.
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by dytbabe: 9:42am On Sep 13, 2014
toby2:
that, was serious.

That's the fear for mums lie oo
grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by toby2(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2014
Being from the yoruba tribe, there's this thing called ARODAN, whenever a child is throwing tantrum, your parents or elderly ones will jus tell u to go meet xoxo person to give u ARODAN. You might actually not come back till you r tired to the teeth. ARODAN jus means TO BE DETAINED.
Another one i remember is my grandmother tellin us to go call ABI 'MO MA JEUN. Weneva she's eatin and we cluster around her, hopin for TIPS, she will jus ask u to go call ABI 'MO MA JEUN. Meanin someone who doesn't eat cos she has children. Men, before we come back, grandma don finish food. Keep it comin guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by toby2(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2014
dytbabe:

That's the fear for mums lie oo
grin grin grin grin
lols, them dey protect their investment na
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by dytbabe: 9:45am On Sep 13, 2014
toby2: Being from the yoruba tribe, there's this thing called ARODAN, whenever a child is throwing tantrum, your parents or elderly ones will jus tell u to go meet xoxo person to give u ARODAN. You might actually not come back till you r tired to the teeth. ARODAN jus means TO BE DETAINED.
Another one i remember is my grandmother tellin us to go call ABI 'MO MA JEUN. Weneva she's eatin and we cluster around her, hopin for TIPS, she will jus ask u to go call ABI 'MO MA JEUN. Meanin someone who doesn't eat cos she has children. Men, before we come back, grandma don finish food. Keep it comin guys

I so rem this ehn
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by toby2(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2014
dytbabe:

I so rem this ehn
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
na wa for them o. How about the AM COMIN LEMME GO AND BUY PUFF PUFF FOR YOU wheneva they wanna leave us to work.
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by dytbabe: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2014
toby2: na wa for them o. How about the AM COMIN LEMME GO AND BUY PUFF PUFF FOR YOU wheneva they wanna leave us to work.

As a kid, who don't love puff puff, especially when the guys hawk and make that sound with the fork on the glass
The whole kids will run out
Puff puff
Ekana *cant rem* those sweets that looks like nails, wrapped in paper

Damn childhood was sweet
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by toby2(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2014
dytbabe:
[b]Ekana[\b] *cant rem* those sweets that looks like nails, wrapped in paper

Damn childhood was sweet
Gowan, and do u also remember sisi pelebe, and baba dudu
Re: Funny Lies You Were Told As Kids by dytbabe: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2014
toby2: Gowan, and do u also remember sisi pelebe, and baba dudu

Not forgetting pronto
I used to sell pronto n miliki
50k and 1naira
Condensed milk too, will ice it till it turns block.
cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

My REGRET... / Ladies: What Will You Do If In Her Shoes ?? / My Dad Complains About Me Listening To Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.