Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria (19749 Views)

The Ijaws That I Know / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by shota(m): 4:31am On Oct 12, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:
chai ,you mean say this thread dey NL and i nor know ? my brodas and sisters i say NUA OOO
i rep Opkoama town in Brass LGA

Nua my brother.. Okpoama reminds me of a very interesting question... Why is Ebitimi Banigo the Amadabo of Okpoama with an Ibani name Banigo ? He is a Bonny man so how did it happen ?
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2014
shota:

Nua my brother.. Okpoama reminds me of a very interesting question... Why is Ebitimi Banigo the Amadabo of Okpoama with an Ibani name Banigo ? He is a Bonny man so how did it happen ?
i nor sabi o
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by macof(m): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
shota:

Adumu might be the child of a prominent Ijaw man from the Agadagba bou which is now Kolokuma Opokuma area.. The ADUMU is actually the progenitor of many of the ancient Eastern Ijaw clans. He was a Priest of the ORU lodge . But Some historians link him to some Yoruba man that came to father the Ijaw race. An not sure about that and there is no evidence to that .

I still find it intriguing that these terms are synonymous in both Yoruba and Ijaw culture
"Adimu/Adumu" "Asain/Osain/Osayin" "otu-ife/ile-Ife"
All playing similar roles

I think if it's proven that there is such a connection and not just some group of mad men making jokes to bastardise history, Yoruba can learn from the Ijaw to understand more about our own history
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by shota(m): 4:39am On Oct 16, 2014
macof:

I still find it intriguing that these terms are synonymous in both Yoruba and Ijaw culture
"Adimu/Adumu" "Asain/Osain/Osayin" "otu-ife/ile-Ife"
All playing similar roles

I think if it's proven that there is such a connection and not just some group of mad men making jokes to bastardise history, Yoruba can learn from the Ijaw to understand more about our own history

Yeah. It's true...
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by oyinpr(m): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2014
haaa Izon!!!……so proud to be among my people coolhaaa Izon!!!……so proud to be among my people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanusi & Kukah Meet Archbishop Of Canterbury In Italy(pics) / Original Hausa Names And Thier Meanings / Pictures Of Oro Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.