Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,724 members, 7,837,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Adventure Of The Rings - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventure Of The Rings (12923 Views)

The Adventure Of Corper John (part 1) / The Adventure Of Corper John / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Mczigx(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dat ashley is 1 big she goat
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by TiffanyJ(f): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Wilsonblaise:

thanks 4 d compliment. In chapter 4( chifu knows best), Ashley narrated the phone shifting episode to mr kayode. He explaind the powers to her.
okay na, thanks for clearing the air. Ride on, sir
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by EllaGold35(f): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
Update pls o
#team ashley
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
----------------------------------
At the cranium
----------------------------------

"Get me the scientist and the hackers,it is time", Scott ordered

when they arrived, Scott addressed them

"Gentlmen, it is time, it is time for the world to be on its kneels, it is time for everyone to know that i have power",he said passionately to them" i want you to turn back on every telecommunication device, i want to speak to the people".

"right away sire"

the scientist and hackers immediately carried out the order given to them.

"world people, dont be afraid, i have gotten the ring and it is time for evil to prevail, it is time for me to govern you. Dooms day has come, do as i say and you live, go against me and meet your doom",

"as i speak to you your government is being ousted, ur armed forces powerless. Welcome to Scott city everything goes as i say hahahahahahahaha"

people everywhere became confused and afraid, the noise and rowdiness in public places was deafening.

When Ashley, mr kayode, Danny and Cody got to the city, they were equally shocked at the annoucement of Scott.

"this is madness, we have to do something about this....", Danny said with his eyes wide open in shock

"there is little or nothing we can do, this should not happening in the first place", Cody shouted in anger as he used his fist to hit the table in front of him.

"i am sorry, this happened because of me, true, all this shouldnt have happened, but its not time for us to shout and be confused, now is the time for solidarity and action, so Mr kay what do we do?", Ashley asked

"Ashley, you are the leader, in this i have no say,only you can decide. And need i remind you that the ring has to be returned before the full moon appears", mr Kayode said calmly.

Ashley thought to herself for a while and said," i know we do not have the manpower of the Pack, but we have great minds, thats good! We may not have the weapons to fight the beast of Avarice, but our minds and our will is the strongest weapon we will ever need, thats good! They think we are dead and thats even better!", "we do not have all the information we need on their current location, so we have to wait a while and look for informations on anything and everything about them".

"thats good, i can get us more men who would join us and they can get us weapons too", Danny said

Danny and Cody set out to get more weapons and men leaving behind Ashley and mr kayode to brainstorm and search for information. Each of them had a pistol on him as they went along, they noticed that the street was unsually quiet, one could hear leaves fall off a tree, the song of birds became even louder, the few people walking about had gloom all over their face.

"sorry has befallen the world Cody, that is not good", Danny said as he turned to Cody, he noticed Cody was starring at a particular shop,"Cody, Cody", Danny tapped Cody on this shoulder, Cody looked at Danny with a straight face and said

"the woman that just entered that shop looks familiar, come lets go check her out"

"you got to be kidding me, of all the things you can think of now its a woman you want to go after?"

"shhhhhhhh just keep calm and follow me".

They walked quietly into the shop and saw a muscular woman yelling at the shop attendant

"you better arrange all the supplies i asked for and bring them to me every day else you meet your dooms day", she yelled at the frieghtened attendant

Cody walked up to the woman, cocked his gun, placed it on the back of her head and said

"Dont move else i blow ur brains off"

she immediately tried to reach for her pocket but Danny placed another gun on her head

"no...no...no i wont do that if i were you", Danny said,"put your hands behind your head", Danny said as he walked-with the gun still pointed at the woman-to see her face, it was Jade, Scotts assistant
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Please subsequent updates would come everyday by 9pm. Thanks, Jah bless y'all
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by labaski(f): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Wilsonblaise:
Please subsequent updates would come everyday by 9pm. Thanks, Jah bless y'all
God bless u too dear..thanks
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
labaski:
God bless u too dear..thanks

amen
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
DEDICATED TO MCZIGX AND LABASKI

Jade followed Danny and Cody as she was powerless against them since they had unarmed her. When they arrived at Mr kayodes house, Cody put his gun behind Jade's head while Danny walked up to the door and knocked.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Danny knocked but no one answered, Ashley and Mr kayode remained silent as the both stared at the door.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Danny knocked but this time more intense

Ashley picked up her gun which was beside her and began to tip toe to the door, when she got to the door, she hid herself behind it.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Danny knocked yet again

"who's there", Ashley asked
"its me, Danny, Ashley please open up"

Ashley relaxed herself and took a deep breathe, she opened the door and when she saw Jade, her jaw dropped in suprise

"Mr kay, you have to see this", she said, Mr kayode who had been listening got up anxiously and walked confidently to the door

"Jade? The Lord works in mysterious ways....", Mt kayode said as he clapped both hos hands

"Are you going to step from the door and let us come in or what?", Cody cut in

Jade kept a straighr face as she watched the weird behaviour of her captors, she was marched in and taken to a special room, the room was empty, beautiful painted sky blue and white, it was one of the visitors room Mr kayode was renovating before he embarked on the journey.

"get me a chair and go to my garage there's a rope there bring it along", Mr kayode said to Danny who immediately carried out the order. Jade was forced to sit on the chair and her hands were tied behind the chair.

"you better start sayong all you know before we kill you", Cody threatened but she kept quiet and looked at him in a way that suggested he was stup1d.

Ashley rushed towards the tied Jade and gave her a resounding slap, jade almost fell to the ground but Ashley supported her and started giving her punches from left and right

"talk! Talk! Talk! Talk!...", Ashley said for every punch that touched Jade, Mr kayode rushed up to Ashley and carried her from behind but Ashley still struggled and try to break free, she streched her legs and hands out trying to get back to Jade. Jade coughed out blood from her mouth as her head was facing the gtound, she continued to cough more blood.

"leave me alone! leave me!...", she screamed in a teary voice, Danny quickly covered her mouth with his palm to stop her shouting but she continued to struggled,

"Ashley! Calm down! Calm down!", Cody shouted at her, then she kept calm.

"leave Jade to me i can handle her, i want you all to go out of the room", Mr kayode said with a smile on his face, when the others left the room, Mr kayode joined them in the sitting room.

"Ashley, i know how you feel but you must understand that if Jade dies we would have lost our only link to the ring, Jade now is the hope of the world", "Danny, you have to go now with Ashley to get the men and weapons, Cody and I would keep watch over Jade", Mr kayode said

when mr kayode was through, Danny went to his room and changed his clothes, when he got back to the sitting room he met Ashley sitting all by herself, depressed, and withdrawn in thoughts, he patted her on her shoulder

"Ash, you dont worry you can make all this right again, take this cap- face cap- wear it so people can cant recognise you, the Pack may be searching for Jade now",

Ashley took the cap and wore it as they both set out for the journey ahead.............................
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Mczigx(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
Tnkz 4 d dedicatn
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by labaski(f): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
thanks for d dedication wilson..
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
Mczigx:
Tnkz 4 d dedicatn

anytime bro
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
labaski:
thanks for d dedication wilson..

anything 4 u dearie
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 9:20am On Oct 11, 2014
When Danny and Ashley had gone, Mr kayode walked to his garage and took his tool box

"one way or another, i must get this information from her", he thought to himself, he walked slowly into the house, then to the room where Jade was, Cody who had been keeping watch over her stepped out as Mr kayode walked in.

Mr kayode dropped the tool box on the floor, squatt and brought out a plier from the tool box, he looked at Jade but her head was facing down, he he dropped the plier on the floor and brought out pinches( a tool used for cutting binding wire), looked again at Jade who had raised up her head as she heard the sound of clattering tool

"kill me fast", she said

"kill you? Thats way too merciful, death will flee from you when i am through with you", Mr kayode replied,"you have 2 options, option A, you tell me where the ring and the pendant is or option B i make you tell me".

"you think all this your cutting tool will make me tell you? Think again", Jade replied smiling

"wrong choice",Mr kayode said as he picked up the pinches, he walked slowly behind Jade and touched her hair, he moved jis hand from head to her right shoulder then to her arm and then her fingers

"1...2...3...4...5","hmmm thats one too many fingers", he said as he walked to front of her, he put her middle finger in between the head of tthe pinches, he cut off the finger and threw it off the window, blood flowed from the cutted finger and stained jade's clothes

"now will you tell me?", mr kayode quized her

"never!"

"yea, i thought you'd say that",

Mr kayode immediately used the pinches to hold her right ear

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh", Jade cried in pains but would not still talk, Mr Kayode angrily cut a piece of her ear,

"cranium! The Cranuim! Its just outskirt of the city close to the lead spring", Jade shouted in pains

"good girlie girlie, one more thing how many men are there? What am i up against?", Mr kayode said with a smile

"just about enough men to send you to hell", Jade said

"hahahahhahaha you are funny". Mr kayode said as he dropped the pinches on the floor to go out and washing his hands that was stained with blood.

"has she said any thing useful", Cody said as soon as he saw mr kayode

"we will be going to the cranium when Danny and Ashley return"

"cranium? Where's that?", Cody asked

"its outskirt of the city", mr kayode replied"keep and eye on her i will be back soon".

Jade continued to struggle to free herself , then her hands loosed off the bond, she walked quietly to the tool box and picked a screw driver, went back to her seat and pretended to still be tied

1 Like

Re: Adventure Of The Rings by labaski(f): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
I tot Jade will be too strong for dem ni..mtchew, she is weak.. but trouble looms though..
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by princesssusan(f): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Diariss fire on da mountain
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by EllaGold35(f): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
princesssusan:
Diariss fire on da mountain
Run! Run!! Run!!!
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by princesssusan(f): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
EllaGold35:

Run! Run!! Run!!!
Abi nah lolz

1 Like

Re: Adventure Of The Rings by TiffanyJ(f): 11:46am On Oct 12, 2014
Still following, sir
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Apologies for the epileptic update supply, ntwork is disturbing badly
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
PRINCESSUSAN AND ELLAGOLD THIS ONE IS 4 U

As soon as Mr kayode left the house, Cody got up from where he was seated, went to the bar, took a glass, turned his favorite liqour, John barr, into it. He gulped down more and more of the drink as he thought about the good old days. When he was through, with the drink, he went to the room where Jade was. He opened the door stood there with his hands akimbo.

He looked at Jade for a while- she was bruised- walked close her, pulled her hair with his left hand and used the right to raise her face

"you are not so tough anymore eh", he said

Cody released her from his grip and went back to the door

"water! I need water! Please", Jade requested

Cody looked at her and felt pity for her but did not show it in his body language. He went to the fridge and brought her a can of water.

"here is the water, i dont know how you would drink it with your hands tied", he said as he dropped it on the floor

"please give it to me in my mouth my hands are tied", she said pitifully and seductively

Cody thought for a while and took the water to her, as he stood close to her, she began to use her kneel to rub the crotch of the half drunk Cody. Cody began to get excited as he gave her the water in her mouth, when he was through, he leaned in for a kiss, Jade reciprocated the kiss and Cody was lost in the passion of the moment, Jade quickly stabbed him in the neck with the screw driver

"Ja...de...jade...why?", Cody said as he fell down on the floor and bleed to death.

"go f**k the devil when you get to hell", she said and spat on his body

she looked out through the window and door to see if anyone was around, when she was convinced that the perimeter was clear, she took the Jacket Cody was wearing, wore it and went out, taking a less busy route, she got to a building and hid herself there when she saw police on patrol

A certain man whose wife had just delivered in the hosiptal parked his bike in front of a mart where he wanted to buy some items, as he came down from his bike, he clapped his hands, spinned and did the moonwalker dance

"i am now a father, everyone", he shouted as soon as he got into the mart, forgetting he did not take his key from the bike.

When Jade noticed this, she rushed out of the building, mounted the bike and zoomed off

"Hey! Hey! My bike! My bike!", the man shouted as he ran after her but after running some distance, he gave up on the bike, stopped, put his hands on his waist, looked up to the sky, shook his head, he was disappointed,

"why on this joyful day? Why?", he thought to himself, he took a cab to meet his wide as he would not let a stolen bike spoil his day.

Jade soon arrived at the cranium, she dropped the bike by the gate and knocked

"Alpha! Alpha! Mega! Beta!", she said, immediately the gate opened

"welcome Miss Jade, the boss have been looking for you", the security man informed her.

"dispose that bike", she commanded him, she breezed past hin and went to the office of the boss

"the ringbearer is still alive, we must strike them now before they come here", she said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventure Of The Rings by princesssusan(f): 3:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Chai!!! Imagine aw diz guy jst waste because of toto mtcheeeew
Oga wilson tnx 4 d dedicatn i‘m really gr8ful
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Mczigx(m): 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
princesssusan:
Chai!!! Imagine aw diz guy jst waste because of toto mtcheeeew
Oga wilson tnx 4 d dedicatn i‘m really gr8ful
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by EllaGold35(f): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2014
Cody na fool i swear!!.
Thanks for d dedication bro
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 4:46am On Oct 16, 2014
CHAPTER 10
UP UP AND AWRY

"she's alive? Hahahahah thats perfect now i can kill her myself hahahahah", Scott laughed at the information Jade gave him

Elswhere, Mr kayode returning home with 2 packs of supplies he had gone to get, he carried it and walked along the street merrily as he thought about the plan he had concieved but as he approached his house he began to become sober as the full moon was just 2days away and unless they act fast they may never be able to stop the beast of avarice.

"Cody! Am back", Mr kayode said, as he walked to the kitchen he saw an empty bottle of John barr and a glass beside it

"Cody, u don dey high again ba take am easy o no wound yourself", he said but everywhr remained silent, "wetin dey do Cody na? Why wont he respond", he thought to himself

Mr kayode walked up to the room where Jade was, but the door would no open

"Cody open the door am back", still no response, Mr kayode became tense and feared the worse, he forced the door open and found Cody dead in a pool of his blood

"Noooo! Cody no! Cody! Stay with me dnt go!",Mr kayode cried. He immediately got up and rushed to check for Jade, he checked the toilet she was not there, he checked the garage she was not there, he searched everywhere he thought someone could hide but still did not find her.

He walked slowly into his house slowly, sobbing with tears rollung down his cheeks, he stood at the door of the room where Cody was and he looked at the once lively, jovial and intelligent Cody lie as cold as stone. Just then Danny and Ashley walked in with 3 men- one a short plumpy man with beard and one eyed,he had a scar just beneath the eye, with mohawk hair style, he was dark and his name Chuba, the second a tall, slim man with pony tail, he was fair in complexion, he was always flipping a knife and rearly smiled, his name Brutus, the third guy was huge with big chest, he had no hair on his head and it was always shiny, he baby laced, dark in complexion and his several of his teeth were missing, his name Jack-, Mr kayode did not notice their presence as he was still sobbing.

"hello, Kay we are back", Danny called out waving his right hand, Mr kayode was brought back to reality by Danny's voice, he used his hands to clean his tears, turned around and greeted them

"welcome, welcome all of you", he said, Ashely saw that his eyes were red and he was sobbing, she was worried

"Mr kay,whats wrong?", she asked, but mr kayode kept quiet and his sobbing increased,"whats wrong? Where's Cody?", she asked again

"Cody, Co...dy is dead", he said, Ashley immediately started crying, Danny walked close Ashley, drew her to himself, embraced her and rub her head.

"its ok, Ash its ok, just calm down", Danny comforted her while trying to hold back his tears

"how many more will die before this whole thing is over, i am tired", Ashley said and continued crying
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
When Ashley had calmed down, she went into the kitchen to prepare meal for everybody, while Danny called a meeting with Mr kayode and the gentlemen of the slums.

"broda, this is Chuba...", Danny said as he pointed to each one of them"...Brutus and Jack","they are the guys i told you about they are the gentlemen of the slum, fierce fighters and loyal friends we can trust them".

Mr kayode looked at them, folded his hands and streched his legs foward

"Baba kay i greet you, Danny don tell us every thing about this journey to Zugor and so we are ready to even sacrifice our life for the safety of this world, this beast of avarice has disturbed us 4 too long..... My brothers and I are ready for the task just tell us what to do", Chuba said

Mr kayode remained silent for a while

"hmmmmm, i have heard all you have said and i like you spirit, but it would take more than that to defeat the beast.... Yes, we now have more me and more weapons but time is running against us, we must get to Zugor before the full moon and you know its just 2 days away so we hav to leave now if we want to beat them".

Ashley walked in with food for the men, they all ate and disscussed the strategy with which they would get the ring once they are at the cranium.

At about 6.00pm that evening, they left Mr kayodes house and went to the outskirt of the city. When they alighted their vehicle, Mr kayode led them as he had all the infomation on the location of the cranium

"this way", he said, they walked through a straight footpath and then took a left turn. Mr kayode saw a dome shaped house from afar and as they approached, they saw an inscription "THE CRANIUM" on it. They camped not too far from the building and perfected their plan.

At about 7.30pm, the gentlemen of the slum went to the gate knocked and it was opened,

"we want to speak with your boss we have the ringbearer with us, i am sure he would want her head", Brutus informed the security man who had opened the gate

"come in", the security man invited them in he looked out through they gate to see if anybody was coming, he locked the gate as he turned around, Chuba hit his head and he blacked out, they dragged him to a dark corner, Chuba took his uniform and wore it, he stepped out, patrolled about looking for the laundry Mr kayode had earlier told them of to get more uniforms for the others.

When he saw the laundry, he was about entering inside when then door was opened fromed the other side

"what are you doing?", the cheif security officer who had gone to the laundry to take his uniform asked,

"i came for my uniform sire", Chuba said as he stood still and complimented the CSO in military style, the CSO smiled and was impressed with the way chuba had complimented him

"Carry on", the CSO said and walked away,

Chuba walked into the laundry, greeted the dry cleaners who were so busy that they did not reply him, he stood and looked around, then the saw where all washed and pressed uniforms where kept, he walked there, took 4 security uniform and a kitchen uniform and left the laundry.

He went towards the gate and met the others there with Mr kayode, Danny and Ashley, he gave the men security uniform and Ashley the kitchen uniform
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by rapmike(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
"hmmmmm, i have heard all you have said and i like you spirit, but it would take more than that to defeat the beast.... Yes, we now have more me and more weapons but time is running against us, we must get to Zugor before the full moon and you know its just 2 days away so we hav to leave now if we want to beat them".

I guess that is men not me
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
rapmike:

I guess that is men not me

yes boss, thanks 4 d correction
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer. Please, do at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Wilsonblaise(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
They wore the uniforms, armed themselves with the weapons they had brought with them and positioned themselves at strategic positions, the gentlemen of the slum manned the gate while Ashley strapped a pistol to her right thigh and a dagger to her left and walked towards the house, she was closely followed by Mr kayode who was looking after her to ensure her safety. Danny who knew alot about ships and boat walked slowly but surely towards where the ships were kept.

As Danny approached the ships and boats he noticed the security men there were looking at him awkardly. He moved close to one of the speed boats there rubbed his hands on it and knocked it twice with some aplomb

"this boat is a beauty, designed and built by Wole yinka the great in 1986...", Danny said

"you know Wole yinka?", one of the security men asked

"Yes! I know him, he is a great man i tell you, he built 3 war ships in 3 days during the second world war and i even have his autograph tatooed on my back, you wanna see it?", Danny asked the now interested security men.

Danny continued to distracted the security men as he thought of a plan to steal one of their speed boats, when Ashley got into the house, she looked left and then right whe she was sure that nobody was coming to or from the kitchen, she tip toed towards the kitchen

"You! Stop there!", Jade roared angrily

"turn around!", she comanded

Ashely who was dressed in the chief chef's uniformed turned around, her palms became wet instantly, she developed cold feet.............
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Mczigx(m): 8:57am On Oct 22, 2014
Gan gan
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by missuniverse(f): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2014
plz don't let Jade recognise her.

welldone
Re: Adventure Of The Rings by Fatalveli(m): 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nairalanders, it is here again. A thread where u
will be able to show appreciation to ur best
authors by just voting for them... Follow dis
link: https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/
literature-
section-awards-nomination-thread
Show them dat u are the best followers and
fans they can ever think of by just clicking the
thread above and cast ur vote! Thanks 4 ur time
Note: If u don't have a boo, we are also giving
boo for gifts there for both males and females
*lols*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Human...honest!!(werewolf) / Black Bird / What Lies Beneath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.