Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS (19388 Views)

Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, First Transgender White House Official (Photos) / Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House / Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? (2) (3) (4)

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by tbaby534(f): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hmm. All these Islamic rebels sef, their own don too much

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Rilwayne001: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
stevolinkon40: am not booking space. I lost my goggles and I cant type much texts. Ejoor o. grin

You are tp pay a fine of 5k or else grin grin

5years ban await you grin
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Leetunechi: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
missdebs: wetin concern terry g wit grammy

cheesy grin
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by johnkay1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
may God help us from all this terrorist.
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Leetunechi: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Oya mod

Bring cane make i beat the guys grin

net wrk problem guy..not space bookin grin
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by donodion(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
ISIS/ISL VERY VERY VERY DEADLY ISLAMIC MILITANT GROUP.Ive got many of their fotos and vids of atrocities that would make boko harams childs play.

if theres any islamic militant deadlier than al-qaeda demons....it's this ISIS.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Not true. I just watched John Kerry describe it as a heightened counter-terrorism operation; not a war.
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by honeric01(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
The same group they funded and equipped?

yeye dey smell.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by onetrack(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
It's hard to say what this means. Obviously, if the United States brought the absolute full force of its military, no holds barred, into Iraq and Syria, they would obliterate ISIS 100x over (which is why I don't really worry to much about ISIS getting too big--ultimately the US could take care of them). But the US isn't going to do this right now, as concerns for civilians and also the desire of Americans to avoid big wars for now would prevent this from happening.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Fash20: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
Our mission is to Destroy and Degrade ISIS

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by dammytosh: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Leetunechi: Obama belike we are at war with ISIS

GEJ to nigerians

we are ontop of the matter grin grin tongue

stop lieing against GEJ.

He only said "We condemn the act" he never said we are on top of the matter. grin grin grin grin

I watched Obama's speech. I have seen it more than 4 times and i kept asking myself, When will Nigeria have a leader ?

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Leetunechi: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
dammytosh:

stop lieing against GEJ.

He only said "We condemn the act" he never said we are on top of the matter. grin grin grin grin

I watched Obama's speech. I have seen it more than 4 times and i kept asking myself, When will Nigeria have a leader ?

when wola soyinka's hair turns black grin grin

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by sexzskil(f): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
United States- SYMBOL OF MANKIND AND GOD

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
ModusOperandi: End time wars cool.

World War III is imminent!

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by kilokeys(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
na wa cry American soldiers can fight..

well, as dem dey pursue d men go meet dem virgins

make i dey pursue d husbandless and fatherless beauties for..

if u r a beautiful iraqi or syrian young woman .. and u need emotional support..
i dey here o

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by berrystunn(m): 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Elkewwty: The White House declared Friday the United States was at war with Islamic State radicals, seeking to rub out another semantic flap over its Syria policy.

In a series of television interviews Secretary of State John Kerry had appeared to be reluctant to term the expansion of US operations against IS in Iraq and Syria as “war.”

But pressed to clear up doubts about how President Barack Obama sees the conflict, the White House and Pentagon left little doubt.

“The United States is at war with ISIL in the same way that we are at war with Al-Qaeda and its Al-Qaeda affiliates all around the globe,” said White House spokesman Josh Earnest.

Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said that the US was not fighting the last Iraq war and used similar language to Earnest.

“But make no mistake, we know we are at war with ISIL in the same way we’re at war and continue to be at war with Al-Qaida and its affiliates,” he said.

Obama is scheduled to be in Tampa, Florida Wednesday to receive a briefing from top commanders at US Central Command, which oversees American forces in the Middle East.

In interviews on Thursday, as Kerry toured the Middle East building an anti-IS coalition, he was reluctant to use the term “war” in referring to the US campaign, telling people not to indulge in “war fever.”

“We’re engaged in a major counterterrorism operation, and it’s going to be a long-term counterterrorism operation,” Kerry told CBS News.

“I think ‘war’ is the wrong terminology and analogy but the factis that we are engaged in a very significant global effort to curb terrorist activity,” Kerry said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/white-house-makes-official-us-war/

U.S and there European sh**t friends will have to apologize to syrian govt for supporting ISIS , trying to take over his govt .

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-backs-lifting-EU-ban-on-arming-Syrian-rebels-314661
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by omoadeleye(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
this generations are here to fight war,
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by mrham03(m): 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
the american government is evil. they think they own the world, after providing arms and cash for the syrian rebels to overthrow al- assad. It has now backfired on them. They did the same with al-qaeda and bin laden and 9/11 occured. They did it again with i.s.i.s and their journalists are dead. When will AMERICA realise that ARABS HATE THEM AND THEY SHOULD MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Lucasbalo(m): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
shymexx: Hysterical!

War with ISIS, or indirect war with Syria for regime change - but the route goes through ISIS - a creation of those fighting fictitious war against them plus Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.

The end game is glaring. Obama stopped all Bush's wars - but started his own wars via dubious means.

That's the reset button right there - a change leading to conflicts that will last for the next few decades.
What's up Shymex, this war is unavoidable for Obama because of the beheading of the two Americans. American public opinion is highly in favor of wiping out ISIS. ONLY HOPING NO GROUND TROOPS WILL BE INVOLVED BUT YOU NEVER KNOW . JUST WORRIED ABOUT GOLF OF TONKIN MOMENT AS IN VIETNAM. We sure don't need another war to bankrupt US.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by sheff(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
Either america nd her allies are at war ISIS it doesnt make the world a better place because all these so called terrorists are product of "american destructive foreign policy" ISIS and ALQAEDA are both using american "trucks,guns,armoured tanks,missles etc(which it said to have been stolen from iraqi military) "white lies" all i know is if saddam hussein wasnt killed or gaddaffi was not asssasinated i guess we wouldnt be were we are now,america and it allies created these problems lets see how they can contain it.
Meanwhile pope said this

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by SporaD8: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
sheff: Either america nd her allies are at war ISIS it doesnt make the world a better place because all these so called terrorists are product of "american destructive foreign policy" ISIS and ALQAEDA are both using american "trucks,guns,armoured tanks,missles etc(which it said to have been stolen from iraqi military) "white lies" all i know is if saddam hussein wasnt killed or gaddaffi was not asssasinated i guess we wouldnt be were we are now,america and it allies created these problems lets see how they can contain it.
Meanwhile pope said this
You are wrong here. No amount of protocol can make the mid-eastern Hyenas eat grass- Terrorism runs in their linage!
The world peace is alien to these set of people even though they practise Peace as a Religion.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Lucasbalo: What's up Shymex, this war is unavoidable for Obama because of the beheading of the two Americans. American public opinion is highly in favor if wiping out ISIS. ONLY HOPING NO GROUND TROOPS WILL BE INVOLVED BUT YOU NEVER KNOW . JUST WORRIED ABOUT GOLF OF TONKIN MOMENT AS IN VIETNAM. We sure don't need another war to bankrupt US.

Bro, the whole thing is looking like mission creep already, with the inclusion of Syria. Just one miscalculation might lead to troops being sent there, and that's a scary permutation. I'm anti-war - and I was planning to join the British Army next year as an officer. But that looks unlikely now due to what's on the horizon. It's sad.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
[imgl]http://1.bp..com/_qP-1yjY3IyM/RyUaDdKEYNI/AAAAAAAAAfg/6lclj-Z9fOQ/s1600/contactmumu.jpg[/imgl] [align=left]now they have sounded the drums of war... I hope they win this one well.[/left]
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Onegai(f): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
shymexx:

Bro, the whole thing is looking like mission creep already, with the inclusion of Syria. Just one miscalculation might lead to troops being sent there, and that's a scary permutation. I'm anti-war - and I was planning to join the British Army next year as an officer. But that looks unlikely now due to what's on the horizon. It's sad.

Eh, still sign up. Britain is super-reluctant for this (and they have Brit nationals fighting for ISIL, whom they are cautiously dragging their feet about taking away their citizenship). Most likely they won't step in till their hands are forced.
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by lolaxavier(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
shymexx:

I am anti-war but unfortunately, that seems to be the only antidote for now. ISIS is not a group to give that much space. Somehow, I feel Assad is well involved in this and will bear the blame for whatever happens to Syria.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by san316(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ok start deploying troops to the occupied regions. Another fire you started and ready to put off.
Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by 100Cents: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
What a peaceful world it would have been without Islam and fundamentalism...

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
Onegai:

Eh, still sign up. Britain is super-reluctant for this (and they have Brit nationals fighting for ISIL, whom they are cautiously dragging their feet about taking away their citizenship). Most likely they won't step in till their hands are forced.

The whole thing looks like mission creep already, with the inclusion of Syria in the folds - without a vote for that at the UN security council. Also, both Obama and David Cameron have declared Assad's government as illegitimate. And that obviously means they can violate Syrian airspace and territorial integrity, without Assad's permission.

Let's say, Syria for example shoots down a US fighter jet (the Syrian air defense system is one of the most sophisticated in MENA), that might lead to something else. Or, Syrian troops (or its Hezbollah and Shia proxies) become targets of US "friendly fire" and things escalate from there?

Furthermore, I don't even think ISIS can be defeated without troops on the ground - they're too organised and sophisticated for aerial attacks to have any meaningful impact on, in Syria. Except they're also planning to use the Kurds in Syria against them - and that looks unlikely.

Anyway, anywhere the US goes, the UK is definitely going to follow suit - that's what the special friendship is about.

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by franconian: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
victorazy:

Imagine Mr. Seun

Re: White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS by maxit2(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
kilokeys: na wa cry American soldiers can fight..

well, as dem dey pursue d men go meet dem virgins

make i dey pursue d husbandless and fatherless beauties for..

if u r a beautiful iraqi or syrian young woman .. and u need emotional support..
i dey here o
All attempts to perceive this comment as funny has failed.
Dude I give up!

Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME / Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine / Russian Troops Attack Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine, Sparking Fire

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50