Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine (19405 Views)

French Troops Begin Withdrawal From Niger Republic / Pictures Of North Kyiv Of Ukraine After Russian Troops Retreated / Japan Criticize Russian Withdrawal From WW2 Peace Treaty Talks Over Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by plaindealer: 7:00am On May 02, 2022

German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock made clear that sanctions against Russia will only be lifted after a complete withdrawal of its troops from Ukrainian territory, including the Donbas region and Crimea.

“It is important that we can withstand every sanction that we introduce, if necessary, for years,” Baerbock told public broadcaster ARD on Sunday. “We will only lift these sanctions once the Russian troops have left.”

The former Green party co-leader denied that Germany’s decision to send tanks to Ukraine has increased the risk of a nuclear war. Instead, she defended her government’s plan to deliver 50 Gepard tanks.

That’s the least we can do now,” Baerbock said and announced that Germany will prepare further steps with its allies. Russia should never be able again to wage a war of aggression in violation of international law, she added.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz had warned last week that the sending heavy weapons would increase the risk of a nuclear war with Russia. A few days later, he changed tack and approved the delivery of Gepard tanks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloombergquint.com/amp/politics/baerbock-sanctions-will-only-be-lifted-after-russian-withdrawal

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by plaindealer: 7:05am On May 02, 2022
Putin don buy bad market... grin

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by doctorexcel: 7:06am On May 02, 2022
Nations' territorial integrity will be protected if there is a sustain collective action/sanction against bullying and inter-nation aggression

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by dlaw70(m): 7:10am On May 02, 2022
It's time Russia should be made to know that they are not the only ones that use nucs.

If they want to nuc,let them start and see how many nucs will annihilate their country in few minutes .

Nobody has the Monopoly of violence.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by joyandfaith: 7:12am On May 02, 2022
Sanctions will be there as long as RA keep occupying Ukraine. Russian economy will be isolated. Even after the war, western countries will be wary of doing business with Russia.
Europe is aggressively looking for alternatives to Russian gas and oil. Putin is a threat to world peace. No justification for invasion of ukraine. It is just stupidity. How can you be turning your neighbours to enemies?

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by orisa37: 7:22am On May 02, 2022
SUPPORTED.

10 Likes

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by GoldenSystems(m): 7:26am On May 02, 2022
Putin right now…

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by Hanibbal(m): 7:26am On May 02, 2022
With this word coming from Germany. I can deduce that Germany is not interested in sanctioning Russia because of the cheap Russian gas. It is US that is pushing her.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by iCauseTrouble: 7:27am On May 02, 2022
Like for Germany
Share for Russia

112 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by Winters23: 7:27am On May 02, 2022
grin

What does Germany, Japan, South Korea, EU and UK have in common?

They're all conquered territories disguising as allies!

They depend on USA for defence and foreign policy development as well as economic survival.

When USA sneezes they shiver.

Only Russia, China and India have the balls to think for themselves in this goddamm world.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by decub: 7:28am On May 02, 2022
Does Russia care!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by Homiesjinxbank: 7:29am On May 02, 2022
No NATO membership for Ukraine.

6 Likes

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by AFvckingAlpha(m): 7:29am On May 02, 2022
The West must show more support to Ukraine by sending more aids plus sophisticated arsenals. Apparently the sanctions haven’t been strong enough to end the war. Let Ukrainians defend themselves from the bully, Russia!

Putin is a mad man and mustn’t be allowed to have his way. Future generations of Ukrainians will look back to the present and wonder why the West did not do enough to prevent the catastrophe in Ukraine.

I’m with all Ukrainians in this difficult times. It’s a big mess over there!

I said what I said

13 Likes

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by Edurich: 7:30am On May 02, 2022
Very good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by HomoSapiien: 7:30am On May 02, 2022
doctorexcel:
Nations' territorial integrity will be protected if there is a sustain collective action/sanction against bullying and inter-nation aggression

Why’s there no collective action/sanctions against Israel bullying of Palestine?

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by eyexi: 7:30am On May 02, 2022
I don't think all these sanctions are working

Take the War to Russia and obliterate them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by aidameoryou: 7:30am On May 02, 2022
joyandfaith:
Sanctions will be there as long as RA keep occupying Ukraine. Russian economy will be isolated. Even after the war, western countries will be wary of doing business with Russia.
Europe is aggressively looking for alternatives to Russian gas and oil. Putin is a threat to world peace. No justification for invasion of ukraine. It is just stupidity. How can you be turning your neighbours to enemies?

Leave the fools justifying Russia and Putin's actions.
But will kill to find themselves in the USA or any other European countries that actually has democracy.

Putin has been in power for over 20 years and still has no plan of dropping anytime.
Where have you ever heard or read that happen in the greatest country on earth (US of A)

Even Trump with all his power, money, connections and confidence was chased away like a mad man when he tried anyhow.

13 Likes

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by realstars: 7:30am On May 02, 2022
Thats right.
Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On May 02, 2022
We Say no to WAR.

PEACE IS ALL WE WANT IN OUR WORLD.
Let's make Love, Not War.

All of us @[b][/b] SAY NO TO WAR.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by zinaunreal(m): 7:32am On May 02, 2022
Sounds good to me
Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by sameks08(m): 7:33am On May 02, 2022
Putin never see anything He will soon withdraw if the thing bite bad
Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by EMIRofPUSSY: 7:33am On May 02, 2022
[s]
post=112444658:
Russi should stop this unnecessary war right now.

Say no to war.
[/s]

You don't know anything.
Always daft.

You know nothing about the war.
This is not Buhari Politics.

They didn't give you a long trashy epistle to paste on this topic abi?

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by ketrafakke: 7:33am On May 02, 2022
Hmm. Nawa
Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by gigabyte13: 7:34am On May 02, 2022
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Power dey
Power dey
I get missiles
I get nuclear weapons
PUTIN no no say, as e get werey, werey pass werey....
Heard him say, Russia have weapons no other nation have
I laugh am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
E go chop am wotowoto, it is a matter of time.

6 Likes

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:34am On May 02, 2022
"Ukraine will surrender in 3 days" yenyenyen. It's well over 2 months now and Ukraine haven't surrender. I think Putin puppets need to come up with another stupid theory.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2022
Asides Nigeria, Germany is the only other country I’ll take up arms to fight for.

4 Likes

Re: Germany Says Sanctions Will Only Be Lifted After Russian Withdrawal From Ukraine by Elvictor: 7:35am On May 02, 2022
grin grin grin

Germany talking about lifting sanction when Russia haven't even talked about ending the war.

Is Ukraine not winning again?

Are they not going to chase Russia back to their border with time again? grin grin

So, Ukraine is no longer winning? grin

Truth can never be hidden, Russia doesn't want to occupy Crimea, and the breakaway region.

Ukraine don't even own those regions, it was given to Ukraine freely as a gift, because of brotherhood, since Ukraine doesn't want to be friends again, let them allow the Russians in those regions be on their own.

Germany have learnt nothing, what happened to Russia after they were sanctioned since 2014?

I am just laughing, I want Germany to sanction Russia, and the entire EU to do so, this foolish Oyigbo doesn't know that Russia is the one making them rich.

Asia is the future, Asia will be richer than Europe soon, I trust Russia can do it.

Let me see how Brandon will save them from economy melt down, inflation smiling at EU grin grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John Mahama (VP) Is Ghana's President Now / Canada Wildfires: Millions Advised To Mask Up Due To Intense Smoke / Thomas Thabane Resigns As Lesotho Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.