Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story (5869 Views)

Torn Passport: Egypt Air Admits Error, To Pay Compensation / (A Must Read) How Egypt Air Wrongly Flew Me To Another Country, Tore My Passport / Who Has Taken Ethiopian Airlines/royal Maroc/ Egypt Air From London, UK To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by MisterLongman(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Egypt Air Reacts to Joshua Abdul-Azeez's Story
Vanguard investigations at Egypt Air Head office where Mr
Kunle Abdul-Azeez purchased his ticket revealed that there
has been palpable fear about what Abdulazeez’s guardians
would do next after the visit of his uncle, Mr
Toju Gbenebichie, to Egypt Air office.
Vanguard sought to speak with Mr Khaled El Rafie, General
Manager, Lagos, Egypt Air, but was told that he traveled and
will be back later in the day. But members of staff of Egypt
Air told Vanguard that the entire organization was very
remorseful about the incident especially as it involved a 17
year old boy.
One of them who begged for anonymity, as they have not
been mandated to speak on the issue, said it was actually “a
mix up” on the part of Egypt Air ticket officer, Mr Tony Nzan.
The officer also said Mr. Nzan has been very sober after the
incident and he went the extra mile of trying to arrange an
alternative ticket through a friend in Turkish Airline to
convey Mr. Kunle AbdulAzeez to Ukraine.
The officer added that the arrangement to compensate
Abdul-Azeez with alternative ticket was put on hold after the
visit of his uncle to Egypt Air office and after “ raising hell”,
and threatened to take Egypt Air to court. Efforts to speak
with Mr. Tony Nzan proved abortive as he insisted that he
has been made to write a report on what actually happened
and this has been submitted to the General Manager who
now has the authority to address the issue.
NCAA begins investigation
The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, has begun
investigation into the matter. The authority is already in
receipt of the official complaint lodged by Toju Gbenebichie,
the uncle of Joshua. They have asked for the copies of the
ticket, the boarding pass and other relevant documents that
could help their case.
A letter signed by Abdulmalik Ifueko for the AGM Flight
Operations/Adjudication Unit in the Consumer Protection
Directorate yesterday confirmed this. A source said that
among other things “tearing the Nigerian passport is a direct
affront on the government and people of Nigeria and will be
taken seriously depending on the outcome of the
investigations.”

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Antell95(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hmm
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by davno: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Egypt must be brought to her knees. They've not started being remorseful yet.

You don't treat our child or our nation with scorn and go scot free.

17 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Guykhena(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sad.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Agbgift(f): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Am most grateful for d life of this young man. Tank God he is a life.
As for the ticket officer,he should be sacked. What was he tinking?
And for tearing the guys passport, Egypt should apologise to the young man and Nigeria in general.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Chanchit: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Abeg Sue their A$s jare, go and tell the judge ur remorse story.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by igweamaka85(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
MODS front page please,egypt air must pay damages

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by adextetoo(m): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
I felt like crying for the young lad while reading his side of the story, he faced a lot of things that if it were to be another person it may have resulted to loss of life or damage of is mental reasoning and psychological mind, pls nigerians stand for this boy the next person maybe your son,brother or even you....don't let this people go unpurnished right from russia now to the general manager they must all be locked up. I rest my case

12 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Why send a mere 17 year old to Ukraine in the first place...Ukraine that is even having political issues.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
thank God the case won't be burry.......
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by MisterLongman(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
The ticket officer is the main culprit....... He was the one that directed the boy's flight to moldova.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Ishilove: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
davno: Egypt must be brought to her knees. They've not started being remorseful yet.

You don't treat our child or our nation with scorn and go scot free.
The question is, are the Nigerian authorities going to be proactive enough to ensure that the Egyptians account for Joshua's maltreatment?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by davno: 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ishilove:
The question is, are the Nigerian authorities going to be proactive enough to ensure that the Egyptians account for Joshua's maltreatment?

Let's hope they will be serious this time. By the way, I read through d whole pages of ur wasimi chronicles my first night on nairaland. Stumbled upon it by chance and was thrilled.
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Tawis06(m): 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Better
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Hermanie(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
They still have to find the guy something, if they want the case settled out of court
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Richiy(f): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Remorseful ke? They should not think that the next word should be forgiveness. They should be dealt with severely in and out of court. What nonsense!!

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Ishilove: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
davno:

Let's hope they will be serious this time. By the way, I read through d whole pages of ur wasimi chronicles my first night on nairaland. Stumbled upon it by chance and was thrilled.
Thank you for taking the time out to read it, it is very encouraging smiley

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Valfrankie(m): 11:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
This does not dispute the fact that the Egyptians are very wicked set of People. Being remorseful is not enough for all the pains they put the youngman through and the direct affront on Nigeria by tearing his passport. They should be BANNED from flying through Nigeria airspace ever!!! cry^sad

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by SMALLPENIS(f): 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Egypt Air! You have not seen anything yet!
By the time am through dealing with them,they'll relocate to sambisa!
How dare you tear my country's passport?!

Remorse ko,Fool Ni..,Rubbish! angry

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by gbadexy(m): 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
igweamaka85: MODS front page please,egypt air must pay damages
Endorsed. This is not about the young man but sending a strong message to other countries about maltreating nigerian citizens.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by psychologist(m): 11:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
I was here

angry
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by graciousolo(m): 12:05am On Sep 14, 2014
[quote
author=Ishilove]
The question is, are the Nigerian authorities going to be proactive
enough to ensure that the Egyptians account for Joshua's
maltreatment?[/quote]I pray they be brought to book.

U b Ijesha pikin?
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by fingard02k(m): 12:10am On Sep 14, 2014
#KickEgyptAirOutOfNigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by freshness2020: 12:24am On Sep 14, 2014
These are unnecessary pull out of poo's..
They should go and tell the gods their pleas!
As for me the Egypt Air we see today, we shall see them no more!

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by EddyNumerouno(m): 12:26am On Sep 14, 2014
The young mans ordeal was heart wrenching...but as earlier said, "the egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more" literall when they get fired.

#BringBackNigerianAirways

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Missonas(f): 2:19am On Sep 14, 2014
He was just a kid!they should not leave that part out in court.Earning our respect from these bigots is long overdue!Oga ju na we bad pass?why such evuls??

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by horlabiyi(m): 3:17am On Sep 14, 2014
Good to hear this. Tearing his passport is an insult to Niigerians and Nigeria. The govt should suspend or ban them.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by fr3do(m): 3:19am On Sep 14, 2014
Every Nigerian that read the original story should decide to stop using egyptAir, even as investigations are on going.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by mideoti(f): 5:25am On Sep 14, 2014
bobolathefirst: Why send a mere 17 year old to Ukraine in the first place...Ukraine that is even having political issues.

So cause of political issues that is been over exaggerated...... the guy should forfeit his educational career pursuit?
Common!!! undecided
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by Isaactop9(m): 5:26am On Sep 14, 2014
THIS IS REALLY BAD
Re: Egypt Air Reacts To Joshua Abdul-azeez's Story by echobee(f): 5:33am On Sep 14, 2014
Those mummies should be deported angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Travel From Benin City (edo) To Osogbo (osun State) / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion / DANA Air-should Entire Fleet Be Grounded Pending Preliminary Investigation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.