Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 (1262 Views)

Malcolmx's Plan For An Igbo Governor Of Lagos State! / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by PepERSprAY: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2008
Jibunor insists on Delta-Igbo governor in 2011
From Hendrix Oliomogbe (Asaba)

CITING marginalisation of the Anioma people of Delta State, the President-General of the Delta North Political Forum, Chief Newton Jibunor, yesterday in Akwukwu-Igbo, Oshimili North council insisted that the zone must produce the next governor of the state in 2011.

advertisement

Seventeen years after the creation of the state from the defunct Bendel State, the Igbo of Delta North Senatorial District is the only area out of the three senatorial districts that is yet to produce the governor of the state.

While incumbent Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, is an Itsekiri from Delta South, both former governors, Chief Felix Ibru and James Ibori are both Urhobo from Delta Central.

Jibunor said recently that the group has moved into liberation mission for the emancipation of its people from the on-going marginalisation in Delta State.

The Anioma nation, he insisted, has the right calibre of people to pilot the affairs of the state towards a positive direction.

"It was high time the zone produced the next governor of the state and the people must be organised as the next elections in 2011 are fast approaching," he added.

At a rally in Akwukwu-Igbo, he said the movement cannot fold its hands any longer and remain mute while the people of Anioma are being marginalised socially, economically, politically among others in the state by government.

Jibunor, who is famous for driving across the Sahara desert, maintained that the group decided to go into the liberation mission as a result of the non-transparent and insincerity of the government.

He said: "If it deserved myself and my group being killed in order to liberate Anioma nation from the present slumber and marginalisation, we are ready to offer our lives. Over the years, our people have been voiceless and we have decided not to tolerate this any longer. Enough is enough," he lamented.

To him, this was most appropriate time to start the liberation mission and protect the future of Anioma nation and citizenry, as well as bring to a stop the negligence of Anioma people by the past and present government.

He called for unity, stressing that Anioma people should come under one umbrella in order to achieve a better goal.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/oct/31/9.html
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by asha80(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2008
Is Newton Jibunor igbo from delta? shocked
Is he the same guy that made that journey in the desert?
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by DisGuy: 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2008
so there is state marginalisation too ?
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by udezue(m): 5:57am On Dec 28, 2008
Yes Igbos of Delta should fight what is their right as long as they are part of Delta state. If they can't serve the state they should be granted their own state that should Eganke ppl of Edo facing the same nonsense.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by Uche2005: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2008
It is time for them to get power to,
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by GettysBurg: 7:36am On Dec 28, 2008
asha 80:

Is Newton Jibunor igbo from delta? shocked
Is he the same guy that made that journey in the desert?

He is the guy.

I don't think he has a point.

After all, that part isn't supposed to be a part of Delta State.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by udezue(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2008
how stupid can u be? How are they not part of Delta state yet they are natives of the land they live on in that state? stupid give em their own state or you better practice fairness. Gone are the days when Anioma people were easily intimidated by gang up of Igbo haters. I'm happy they are finally waking up. U can't survive by being afraid of your enemies.

Y'all complain about injustice yet you want benefit from injustice against others. U should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by GettysBurg: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2008
udezue:

how stupid can u be? How are they not part of Delta state yet they are natives of the land they live on in that state? stupid give em their own state or you better practice fairness. Gone are the days when Anioma people were easily intimidated by gang up of Igbo haters. I'm happy they are finally waking up. U can't survive by being afraid of your enemies.

Y'all complain about injustice yet you want benefit from injustice against others. U should be ashamed of yourself.

I like your rantings.

Igbo haters? But you aren't igbo? Neither are you deltans. What a contraption!

What really do you guys have to contribute to the state? I like your peacefulness though.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by udezue(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2008
I'm not IGBO? lol

U are way off for me.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by KnowAll(m): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2008
The anomaly created by IBB should be corrected by the national assembly as early as possible. its bad enough lumping so many tribes together in Nigeria, but on the state level each minority should be in charge of their own affairs.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by otokx(m): 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2008
The other day a colleague of mine named obi claimed she is not igbo but from delta anioma or something. I just shook my head and went away. Politics is a game of numbers so Jibunor should try to increase the population of his people. They already have got Asaba as capital so they should be content with that.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by asha80(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2008
The other day a colleague of mine named obi claimed she is not igbo but from delta anioma or something. I just shook my head and went away. Politics is a game of numbers so Jibunor should try to increase the population of his people. They already have got Asaba as capital so they should be content with that.

Obviously she is confused about her identity.I have met some people like that from delta.I have also met others who said that they are igbos from anioma.It is like an owerri man telling you he is not igbo but owerri.

Funnily i understand the igbo being spoke by an anioma person much more than the igbo being spoken by an afikpo man.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by romeo(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2008
GettysBurg:

He is the guy.

I don't think he has a point.

After all, that part isn't supposed to be a part of Delta State.

What is Delta? I am hungry for a concise meaning wink. Maybe it means Itsekiri? or Urhobo or even Ijaw. Peace can only come to that region the day they start loving each other. With so much hatred and boundary disputes amongst them i wonder even if they succeed in sidelining the Aniomas from holding any meaningful position in that state that there will be peace among the rest ethnicities.

otokx:

Anioma and Obi are Martian names cheesy grin

GettysBurg:

I like your rantings.

Igbo haters? But you aren't igbo? Neither are you deltans. What a contraption!

What really do you guys have to contribute to the state? I like your peacefulness though.

Are you not Foolish for saying that? They are Igbos and are recognised as such. They are Deltans to the core and you people can never push them out from there until the day Nigeria will die. Today they are in charge of Ohaneze Ndigbo.

They are contributing more than their quota to Nigeria and how much more a tiny Delta state.
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by Epiphany(m): 12:26am On Dec 30, 2008
Nice topic, and one i have always thought of. There are many and i mean very many Ibo speaking guys from Delta who can hold their own. There are a lot of them are in control of a lot of money. Elumelu, Edoziens, Ovia, Utomi, Atuche, Odogwu and a lot of others. Even though we all know that sometimes, business men may have their own reasons for doing (or not doing) things, i have always wondered why these people cannot 'fight' for their own people to enter positions of power within the state.

That said, we often see and hear of how the Ibrus, Okumagba's, Dafinone's (who are all prominent Urhobos) fight for and back their own kith and kin when it comes to Delta state politics (in fact, they themselves ARE involved in these politics too). Maybe that is why the Urhobos always have a loud voice when it comes to Delta politics. They have managed to relegate the others (Ijaw, Itshekiris and Ibos) into the background, Rumour has it that although Uduaghan is Itshekiri (correct me if i am wrong), it took the clout and influence of Ibori and his people to 'make' him the governor. This indeed shows that if the Urhobos are not behind someone, it may take a lot before that person can succeed in government.

What i think is that Jibunoh should bring all these 'big' Ibo men of Delta state together first, to speak in one loud voice. Afterall, politics is a game of numbers OR How much noise a people can make to be heard and then considered
Re: Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011 by naijaking1: 12:59am On Dec 30, 2008
otokx:

Igbos of convinience! When somebody named Obi from Anioma, somebody named Amechi from Rivers, and some other person named Obioma from Benue deny being Igbos, it either means that they don't know who they're, or they become Igbos only when it convinient for them.

(1) (Reply)

Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints / Juju Ritual Politics: Shocking Revelations From Abia State / Who Are Minorities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.