Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage (33146 Views)

Angry Students Burnt Down A Bus Belong To Akwa-ibom State Transport Service / Fee Hike: Unad Students Stone Oni / Fee Hike: Unad Students Stone Oni ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Olumiland(m): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yomieluv: Nawa oo. When did Afe babalola become PHCN,or incharge of electricity.

Most students are just in school for certificate sake,no iota of wisdom in their brains.

They are so dumb,that they can't channel their grievance to the right people. In summary,they are intelligence deficient.

Long Hissssss.
first and foremost, "In summary,they are intelligence deficient." this is an obscurity that calls for clarification... I do not want to know if you are one of the la cram la pour university menace but my concern is ur enormous lack of uncommon sense which has literally degraded you to the point of posting hocus pocus on this blogoshere in the name of promulgating your naturally embedded illiteracy.....Had it been you are a student of federal poly ado, you wouldn't have foolishly and ignorantly spewed your comment... The students were aggrieved because of epileptic power supply, meanwhile, an hotel which belongs to Afe babalola uses light unceasingly.... #don't abuse the privilege of using nairaland# SHALOM!!!
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Olumiland: first and foremost, "In summary,they are intelligence deficient." this is an obscurity that calls for clarification... I do not want to know if you are one of the la cram la pour university menace but my concern is ur enormous lack of uncommon sense which has literally degraded you to the point of posting hocus pocus on this blogoshere in the name of promulgating your naturally embedded illiteracy.....Had it been you are a student of federal poly ado, you wouldn't have foolishly and ignorantly spewed your comment... The students were aggrieved because of epileptic power supply, meanwhile, an hotel which belongs to Afe babalola uses light unceasingly.... #don't abuse the privilege of using nairaland# SHALOM!!!
#nonsense#

Your post reeks of lack of intelligence,you are indeed a product of the school..

Peace.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Abimloaded(m): 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
kabba7:

So you did not stone him then why did you stop him is he Jonathan who is supposed to garrantee power into your hostel / school can you see how useless your supposed education is .Blocking the way of private indiviiduals .
c

Are you OK ? who told you I was part of them ? I only told you what happened that they didn't stone his vehicle . Can you see how useless your reply is ?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by yomi007k(m): 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tolexander: who is in charge of their electricity?
Is that why they have to attack the innocent man?

Who am i to fight if my father is not giving me my feeding allowance? My neighbour, whose father gives a regular feeding allowance or my father?

It's so obvious the students wanna protest and vandalise. I think they should take the fight to where the onus of power distribution lies.
Let's see if after ds protest dey won't have electricity.

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Tunguy01(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
sirjohnson: I keep telling people not to go to university but they wouldnt listen. Read reasons why you should never go to university Here
sorry 2 bother u bt is ur job dedicated 2 spreading ignorance ??
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by sirjohnson(m): 6:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tunguy01: sorry 2 bother u bt is ur job dedicated 2 spreading ignorance ??

Nope, liberating people.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Ekundayo7: 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yomieluv: Nawa oo. When did Afe babalola become PHCN,or incharge of electricity.

Most students are just in school for certificate sake,no iota of wisdom in their brains.

They are so dumb,that they can't channel their grievance to the right people. In summary,they are intelligence deficient.

Long Hissssss.
Olumiland: first and foremost, "In summary,they are intelligence deficient." this is an obscurity that calls for clarification... I do not want to know if you are one of the la cram la pour university menace but my concern is ur enormous lack of uncommon sense which has literally degraded you to the point of posting hocus pocus on this blogoshere in the name of promulgating your naturally embedded illiteracy.....Had it been you are a student of federal poly ado, you wouldn't have foolishly and ignorantly spewed your comment... The students were aggrieved because of epileptic power supply, meanwhile, an hotel which belongs to Afe babalola uses light unceasingly.... #don't abuse the privilege of using nairaland# SHALOM!!!
The students had the correct idea in the beginning arranging for meeting. Sounded good until they took the wrong path. It is always wiser to look deeply into a matter before committing yourself to action that could harm yourself. Investigating if the hostel indeed is run by gen would have been a "smart move" and one that showed wisdom, or at least a pulse of intelligence. The original op meant to say "intelligence deficit".
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Tunguy01(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
234GT: Daft students!

When did it become a crime to provide electricity for yourself and your lecturers because the government failed to provide same?

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Tunguy01(m): 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
sirjohnson:

Nope, liberating people.
bt u ar still in darkness bro ,why dnt u luk within b4 u luk around .., just saying #hands up#
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Violence will not get ur pleas heard bt will only worsen the situation. Should we call them touts?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by fapcrook(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Jayne2014:
blushing...
it is d frontyard that is serious oo
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by netotse(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
bonetalk:
that's a big lie, both the community and the Afe building uses thesame transformer but there is a manipulation that was done on the transformer, that makes afe building and a block industry belonging to ex-director(Engineer Olateju) of works and maintenance dept of abuad(belonging to afe babalola) to be enjoying the power supply at the expense of the host community , my house is just few metres to the afe building,

Hi Bonetalk, it's possible(and surprisingly very easy) to restrict supply to the community but it wont be at the transformer, there would have to be isolators installed.

I'm curious, what's your stand on the matter? Do you think attacking Afe was warranted?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by kolexy(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
DikeOha882: Afe babalola that sold bakassi penisula and used the proceeds to build a university? He deserves more than that if he is the one.

So dumb.. What has Chief Babalola got to do with Bakassi? For your information, it was Prince Bola Ajibola that represented Nigeria at the Hague.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2014

Long Hissssss.

Do you realise the said university is a private university where students pay up to 1million a session inclusive of electricity bills.

So after paying that huge sum, they should attack phcn?

If anything ought to be fixed, the owner should be the one responsible as they all paid for their services.

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
nuttyhnic:

Do you realise the said university is a private university where students pay up to 1million a session inclusive of electricity bills.

So after paying that huge sum, they should attack phcn?
read the thread slowly,its either you didn't read it,or you lack comprehension skill.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by redcliff: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Jayne2014:
blushing...

Fr what na? Did i compliment you?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by oduastates: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2014

Hmm.
Think properly before you reply.
The person to whom you are replying ,is operating at a much higher thinking level than you .
Like he said, when did Afe babalola become the Natiional utility company.
You ,the students and every person who thinks like you ,are the reason why there is no electricity.
Virtually all Nigerians fall into this category because you all seem to take mediocrity as the new normal.
I will now take you an elementary level if you are not following.
They should be protesting the FG and not Afe babalola .
This is the problem .
People are incapable of channelling their anger and identifying the real problem.
These are suppose to be a critical part of our society.
The elites in terms of knowledge ,wisdom and intelligence .
They are suppose to lead the way for the less literate and illiterates
More like the so called activist fighting for okada not to be banned.
The FG is the entity with the responsibility to provide electricity.
Whether there is generator/diesel or not is relative to the fact that the federal government is the problem

Incompetent and corrupt Federal government
|
Corrupt and incompetent regulators
|
Useless ,incompetent and corrupt private power companies fronting for thieving politicians
|
Lack of power infrastructure
|
Anarchist and vandalism
|
Afe Babalola .

At the end of the day , only the FG has the capacity to solve the problem.But she can't because she is the cause.
Like he said, if they had any intelligence at all, they will be protesting for the power to regulate the power sector , to be returned back to the states and region.
The SW.Is ready to fire with the investments ,technical know-how,managerial expertise to run her own independent energy sector.

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by bonetalk(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
netotse:

Hi Bonetalk, it's possible(and surprisingly very easy) to restrict supply to the community but it wont be at the transformer, there would have to be isolators installed.

I'm curious, what's your stand on the matter? Do you think attacking Afe was warranted?
ok, i will back it up with picture(s) tommorrow, coz i may not be able to explain to u well,
they both(afe staff building and the community) shares thesame transformer using different cables(concealed with rubber, making it impossible for others to tap from it) , i will snap it and share it with u tommorrow, for u to understand it more.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by 100Cents: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
South west boko haram.

Always taking laws into their hands.

If it is not political killing by APC, it is students cooking beans for school fees hike or Ibadan ritualists..
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by golddealer(m): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
bonetalk:
ok, i will back it up with picture(s) tommorrow, coz i may not be able to explain to u well,
they both(afe staff building and the community) shares thesame transformer using different cables(concealed with rubber, making it impossible for others to tap from it) , i will snap it and share it with u tommorrow, for u to understand it more.

Bonetalk i sight u...twas a pity i wasnt around to document the event as d man claimed... To my fellow NLers, dis is the best the students could do... Mind u, the man wasnt stoned, he was only not allowed to pass thru d barricade done by d students dats all...and they also demand an explanation on how a community with one transformer will be powering his hostel, the block industry and one other engineer's house in d community and d rest left in the dark... I jus hope the arrested wont be jailed as they will be taken to court 2moro or else, they ll see the moda of all protest...

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
they stoned his vehicle and mine that was in the same convoy....it was barbaric un intelligent and uncalled for...

Abimloaded:

Are you OK ? who told you I was part of them ? I only told you what happened that they didn't stone his vehicle . Can you see how useless your reply is ?
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
you just came back from a year ASUP strike....just protest and I can guarantee you at least another year closure and NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!

golddealer:

Bonetalk i sight u...twas a pity i wasnt around to document the event as d man claimed... To my fellow NLers, dis is the best the students could do... Mind u, the man wasnt stoned, he was only not allowed to pass thru d barricade done by d students dats all...and they also demand an explanation on how a community with one transformer will be powering his hostel, the block industry and one other engineer's house in d community and d rest left in the dark... I jus hope the arrested wont be jailed as they will be taken to court 2moro or else, they ll see the moda of all protest...
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
IS THAT WHY you people destroyed the windows with stones and stoned Afe's car after he came down to address you people for more than 25minutes even offering to carry some of you to his office to discuss the way out....but instead you people forced the responsible students who wanted to follow him down from the car and Afe had to turn back while you people were singing denigrating songs at the elderly man who not only donated your senate building single handedly but financed all the projects that the President Goodluck was supposed to commission in your school during his visit.......gosh! don't you guys have any grey matter in your head?

bonetalk:
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
you wont have electricity because the era of free light is GONE......BEDC is not a charity company like NEPA or PHCN....lobatan.

yomi007k:
Let's see if after ds protest dey won't have electricity.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
you obviously lack any iota of intelligence.......Y DON'T STUDENTS PAY BEDC BILLS? AND IN A PRIVATISED SETTING YOU THINK THE SELLER WONT SELL IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY?......AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS CALLED DEDICATED LINE? AND DO YOU THINK ALL BEDC CUSTOMERS PAY THE SAME AMOUNT? BTW is being angry enough reason to stone such a man who humbly came down from his vehicle to appeal to them for over 25 mins but was only been jeered at by the MISCREANTS called students...no decorum no home training! Burning tires on a road that took FGN donkey years to construct from its dilapidated state......with such youths no nation needs enemies!

MissMeiya:

[size=18pt]SUNDAY PUNCHgathered that the students were angry that while they had been without electricity for over a month, a hostel for the junior staff of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, in the same area enjoyed power supply.[/size]

For those of you who commented before reading the article.

Good! I fully support them. Nigeria can turn a sworn pacifist into a bloodthirsty revolutionary. Let the pigs begin to fear the people.
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Abimloaded(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
smartchoice: they stoned his vehicle and mine that was in the same convoy....it was barbaric un intelligent and uncalled for...

Anyway, that's their problem. grabs my book, reading commences .
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissMeiya:

Because no one ever lies in Nigeria, right?
I doubt very much the school would admit to corruption.

If this generator was running, don't you think the students would have heard it?

I was there when a small girl like you was hurled into the police van after having confrontation with the police and shouting at Afe.....being privileged to know her background.....where they use pit latrine....father an old brick layer, mother a petty trader.....in fact she was wearing a micro mini and a sleeveless top when the police hurled her into their van......................what's her biz with light? is she not supposed to be facing her studies hard to break even and become someone instead of participating in derailed activities.....eventually if she gets a 3month remand term what will she say she brought upon herself? ........poverty I now believe is a SERIOUS disease!

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
if you vandalise BEDC office na den you go know the diff btw a govt agency and a private coy....

yomi007k:
If dem spoil PHCN office, do u think dey will have electricity? Na wa oo
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
coded80: Power of money.afe babalola used is money and influence to buy d power meant for the student and transfer it to his worker,they could have gone to stone the phcn manager in that Area,afterall afe babalola payed him/her a series of bribe b4 he/her agreed.

tell the protesting miscreants to show their BEDC payment receipts!
Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Olumiland(m): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
oduastates:

Hmm.
Think properly before you reply.
The person to whom you are replying ,is operating at a much higher thinking level than you .
Like he said, when did Afe babalola become the Natiional utility company.
You ,the students and every person who thinks like you ,are the reason why there is no electricity.
Virtually all Nigerians fall into this category because you all seem to take mediocrity as the new normal.
I will now take you an elementary level if you are not following.
They should be protesting the FG and not Afe babalola .
This is the problem .
People are incapable of channelling their anger and identifying the real problem.
These are suppose to be a critical part of our society.
The elites in terms of knowledge ,wisdom and intelligence .
They are suppose to lead the way for the less literate and illiterates
More like the so called activist fighting for okada not to be banned.
The FG is the entity with the responsibility to provide electricity.
Whether there is generator/diesel or not is relative to the fact that the federal government is the problem

Incompetent and corrupt Federal government
|
Corrupt and incompetent regulators
|
Useless ,incompetent and corrupt private power companies fronting for thieving politicians
|
Lack of power infrastructure
|
Anarchist and vandalism
|
Afe Babalola .

At the end of the day , only the FG has the capacity to solve the problem.But she can't because she is the cause.
Like he said, if they had any intelligence at all, they will be protesting for the power to regulate the power sector , to be returned back to the states and region.
The SW.Is ready to fire with the investments ,technical know-how,managerial expertise to run her own independent energy sector.

you ain't worth being replied because you are lopsided and jaded... To be voracious, your IQ keep deteriorating by the day and make sure you don't sink in the abyss of oblivion....animalistic and empty-headed nonentity

1 Like

Re: Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
siino: Gbam najia students no dey dull at all. And na so e suppose be. cool

.....tell that to those scantily dressed ladies in MOpol/police custody.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / University Of Calabar 2015/2016 Post-utme Date And Sitting Arrangement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.