Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... (1450 Views)

Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone / Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 / Is The Sony "SmartWatch" A Smart Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by Wittylens(m): 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
From Cellphones to Smartphones , Mobile technology has really grown beyond our imagination. Gone are those days when mobile phones were mainly for calls and text. Our new generation mobiles are now Smart ; Sometimes I think they're even smarter than we humans. Lol :d. It's getting even better now that Wearables are gradually coming into the picture , most especially smartwatches. But wait... What exactly makes something a smartwatch?

A smartwatch straps to your wrist and tells time, but it also serves purposes far beyond that.

Smartwatches function as a secondary notification screens for your smartphone. That means they can tell you who's calling, alert you of a new calendar appointment, and deliver your latest messages. So instead of pulling your phone out of your pocket to see a text, you can instead just look at your watch.

They also can play music. Watches either can control the music player on your phone or store music so you can play it back using bluetooth headphones.

And they accept voice commands — Motorola's latest 360 Moto watch allows you to ask Google what today's weather is going to be like or tell it to create a calendar appointment.

In addition, today's smartwatches often track fitness, acting as pedometers and heart rate monitors. So in some ways a smartwatch acts as a phone, mp3 player, watch, and Fitbit all at once.

Sony is the first brand to market a smartwatch. Sony's Liveview Smartwatch debuted in 2010 but failed to make an impact. Three years later , Samsung came up with its own Galaxy Gear Smartwatches with Gear S been the latest entry into the galaxy gear family. LG And Apple also have their own smartwatches in LG G Watch And Apple Watch Respectively. But those brands mentioned above have their major market in Europe and Asia , So I was thinking , it wouldn't be a bad idea if tecno launched their own smartwatch ; Would it?.

For starters , As at now , Tecno is the Best selling Brand in Nigeria and Africa (i stand to be corrected) and so they have a huge advantage. Aside that , there are also other reasons why a tecno smartwatch will be a success in africa :

The Smartwatch Market Is Still A Virgin : Unlike other continents , the smartwatch market is still a virgin in africa. So far , No Brand has been able to fully penetrate the market and this means lesser competition for any brand that wants to explore the market.

Africans Love Fashion And Accessories : Africans , most especially Nigerians love fashion and accessories. We africans are very fashion conscious. We like to look good no matter the cost. If there's a new cloth or accessory in town , we always want to be first to rock it. Just imagine , If Davido Should Upload a photo of his latest Tecno Smartwatch On Instagram , I can bet that hundreds of nigerians and africans will also get theirs in less than a week.

Source : http://wittylens.com/tecno-smartwatch-wouldnt-bad-idea.html
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by encryptjay(m): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by hummerwise(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
E don sure sey i go and must buy one........you know y?

because it is tecno,, and becos it is tecno, am very certain it must be very cheap....

#200 per 1 maybe
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by Mention(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
And if Tecno produces a smart watch, how much would it be sold 5k Lol
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by deeobserver209(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Indeed the smartwatch market in Africa is still unexplored. With Tecno's huge market, a dive in smartwatch production will certainly not be a bad idea. Infact they stand to gain by possibly increasing their market share.
Personally I like Smartwatches. Quite fashionable.

2 Likes

Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by Valentinooo: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
hummerwise: E don sure sey i go and must buy one........you know y?

because it is tecno,, and becos it is tecno, am very certain it must be very cheap....

#200 per 1 maybe
lol. And don't be surprise they'll place a tag of #50k on it grin
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by hummerwise(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Valentinooo: lol. And don't be surprise they'll place a tag of #50k on it grin
grin grin
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by aieromon(m): 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Walks in, coughs and walks out........
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by Wittylens(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
aieromon:

You lucky that you still a virgin member. Go and sin no more.

LMAO.. Me virgin member?? I laff in Swahili.. I know this forum more than you do. I was a guest reader , just decided to signup recently
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by Goahead(m): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Lol, the hottness will be incomparable, due to the heavy customization in a such small device by Tecno.

1 Like

Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by HOMOTOYOSI10: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
fgfjj
Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by Goahead(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
HOMOTOYOSI10: fgfjj
It wont make Fp, quit booking space.

1 Like

Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by mrdrizzy(m): 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
niggas havent perfected the phone aspect,nd u suggesting watch

Goodluck with that!!!

1 Like

Re: A Tecno Smartwatch Wouldnt Be A Bad Idea.... by missdebs(f): 3:35am On Sep 15, 2014
d wristwatch go get mobile fan and tvgrin

(1) (Reply)

Help! Sd Card Doesn't Want To Format / Innjoo Set To Release The Note Pro On Febuary 11 / These Top Techies All Think That Blackberry Passport Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.