Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters (4173 Views)

Igbo Slaves in Trinidad: Slave Census Of 1813 / Beware The Children Of Slave Owners!horn Of Africans (ethios,somalis,eris, Djis) / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade (2) (3) (4)

Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2008
@outstrip
we all know these stories and we have been told multiple times already,we know dont forget these families who had to sacrifice a child for slavery under a royal proclamation are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart,also slaves captured in inter village wars and what not that got sold to caucasians are not going because they want to see the western world,they were forced so when laying blames remember everybody was affected save the kings then,slave masters/owners who are more often than not rich merchants/royal family which you ll agree are a minute minority in the whole of africa.
would you rather the villagers with bows and arrows,hoes and cutlasses stood up to white people with guns and canons to show their anger??

well the statementi made in other aa thread was the truth,the whole truth and nuifn but the truth, will the money spent on diamond and platinum chains not be better spent buying a future for disenfranchised black aa s?
how r bout cleaning up black neighbourhoods,renovating houses,building youth centres and bringing about a police presence that ll drive out undesirables, drug counselling e.t.c hope u realise a single platinum and diamond cluster chain with a jacobs diamond encrusted watch will sort a whole community out, nigerians of any tribe do not spend money that way at all and dont compare us to aa s at all, nigerians are hardworking,resilient focused individuals who are not given to such frivolities like a diamond ecrusted playstation,or making diamond and platinum grilles for dogs and children
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Shaz(f): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2008
Soulja Boy shouts out slave masters. Okay, we heard.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Outstrip(f): 3:24am On Nov 04, 2008
Lucabrasi you miss my point. I am not blaming the mother that raised a child and then was forced to sell her child into a life of suffering and painful death. I am talking about the traditional leaders and anybody else that kidnapped and sold people. I am not saying that AAs do not do what you say they do, I am saying that it is no worse than what africans do. I don't know what your experience has been with AA's but you seem so angry whenever the topic comes up.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
first off im not angry with aa s,all im doing is highlighting what is out there already,as for the traditional rulers,the average nigerian detests them even now for their part in evil deeds both then and now in the political sphere, nigerians have problems too but the diffrence is tat aa s have opportunities which they r not taking full advantage of,next accomplished aa s like the hip hop artistes who are actually making money in a time of near recession rather than using it to help their fellow aa s are glorifying th purchase of "bling"thats my grouse with them, houses are being repossesd and sold for less than half the values, if a p diddy or jay z or game and co all came together to form a consortium and started buyng p these neighbourhoods and turning them over to aa s at more affordable mortgages, wouldnt that be better than bling and car buying competitionis it sensible for an adult even if semi literate to rap about buying conflict diamonds when we have seen the children,women e.t.c who have died horrible deaths as a result?
what image are they projecting to the next generation of aa s
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
this argument between AAs and Nigerians aint nothin but the workofthedeviltheworkofthedeviltheworkofthedevil! grin grin grin
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by bawomolo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2008
i hope we will all stop blaming magaret tatcher for making the youth group musical youth go back to school in the 1980s, maybe college should be made compulsory for american children so people like him will have no choice in either going to school or not, this notion of making an individual choice in being educated is evidently starting to show its counter productive
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by MsLurker(f): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

first off I'm not angry with aa s,all I'm doing is highlighting what is out there already,as for the traditional rulers,the average nigerian detests them even now for their part in evil deeds both then and now in the political sphere, nigerians have problems too but the diffrence is tat aa s have opportunities which they r not taking full advantage of,next accomplished aa s like the hip hop artistes who are actually making money in a time of near recession rather than using it to help their fellow aa s are glorifying th purchase of "bling"thats my grouse with them, houses are being repossesd and sold for less than half the values, if a p diddy or jay z or game and co all came together to form a consortium and started buyng p these neighbourhoods and turning them over to aa s at more affordable mortgages, wouldnt that be better than bling and car buying competitionis it sensible for an adult even if semi literate to rap about buying conflict diamonds when we have seen the children,women e.t.c who have died horrible deaths as a result?
what image are they projecting to the next generation of aa s

I'm sorry but it's not just AA's that have that mentality. Trust me, I think a whole chunk of people who live in America act like that and are materialistic!!

I've heard Nigerians go on about material possessions, Cameroonians, Ghanianas, Indians, Asians, Anyone who has money like "that" in US, should be able to help out but for some reason most are vaguely silent. My thing is AA's aren't the only material hungry ones. All should adjust not just one group.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2008
true you are right,aa s arent the only materially hungry ones,but the priorities we spend money on are way diffrent, while the likes of aa rappers and most hip hop artistes(save a few)are in a bling buying competition,as soon as they make their first million trust me a typical nigerian is looking for a property to buy with that money in lagos or filling up a container with cars and other household goods to re sell in nigeria, while p diddy and the rest will boast about their diamonds and platinum grills a typical nigerian will boast of how many houses he has and how many companies, et.c thats the diffrence
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by fayahsoul: 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

true you are right,aa s arent the only materially hungry ones,but the priorities we spend money on are way diffrent, while the likes of aa rappers and most hip hop artistes(save a few)are in a bling buying competition,as soon as they make their first million trust me a typical nigerian is looking for a property to buy with that money in lagos or filling up a container with cars and other household goods to re sell in nigeria, while p diddy and the rest will boast about their diamonds and platinum grills a typical nigerian will boast of how many houses he has and how many companies, et.c thats the diffrence

O'boy your just being too damn hypocritical.

Financial capital flight out of black communities and into the communities of other groups is a universal problem in every black nation world wide. We consume everything but produce nothing.

In alkebulan(so-called africa) for example, the wealth is so unevenly distributed and the elite are all self-serving; their benevolence does not extend beyond their extended family and kinsmen. The nigerian elite have enough loot to lift the poor masses out of poverty if they plan and work together(as you suggest the elite AA's do).

The bottom line is that capitalism breeds extreme selfishness and apathy; this in turn is the antithesis of humanism(an alkebulan principle).
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:46am On Dec 30, 2008
am kinda hoping its a phase of emptiness and disgrace that will pass soon. Am just gonna blame his parents . . . . The kind of exposure and education his parents allowed has resulted to a niggerette!!!
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by girl22(f): 4:14am On Dec 31, 2008
the thing that piss me off is when an african american do something stupid you akatas, african americans, black americans but when a white peron do something stupis its well he' stupid. she's stupid.

why is it everytime an aa does something an argument breaks out about african americans.

souljah boy is souljah boy not all african americans the end.

and you are complaining about blood diamonds, well alot of companies became bilion dollar companies from chattel slavery like Bank of America. but i bet no african will quit his job there or cancel his account there.or any other companies that benefitted from chattel slavery.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by H2O2: 4:44am On Dec 31, 2008
LOL

Another N****R who accidentally tripped into money and fame.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by davidif: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2009
its like saying the jews should thank God for Hitler for exterminating them so they could have a country.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by KB1(m): 5:23am On Feb 04, 2009
davidif:

its like saying the jews should thank God for Hitler for exterminating them so they could have a country.

Some Jews have expressed that feeling before.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by kelvin2009: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2009
i dnt kno y all of u are so bothered abt this stinky rat called soulja boy abi wetin be he name self,wat do u expect from the mouth of a kid dat just fortunate more than his father to av money after smoking a drum of indian hemp. i dnt blame him i go blame d leaf called marijuana.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Lita(f): 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2009
i know in one area of the states the advent of rice and the mosquitos that came along with them drove most of the whites away, including the owners, turning it into a white-mans-grave in the US. they maintained a lot of their original language and culture to this day. anyway, point being that africans were vital for a lot of the plantation work. besides, completely broken, the slaves would have been far easier to control than any indentured labourer who was at least considered human.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Nainai: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
The guy is probably right and it's funny to me!
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by InkedNerd(f): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2010
Did you guys know that there's a town here in the US where there are NO BLACK PEOPLE? I saw it on a documentary. Apparently, the townspeople ran all the Black people out in the early 1900s. The more I learned about it the more I became intrigued. The same thing happened in other towns all over the US. There was a movie about one of the incidents that happened in the US. In that separate incident, it involved White and Black people living in a town in Florida. Apparently, the Black people in the town were livin' large while the White people were livin' like peasants. Some woman claimed to have been r.aped by a Black man [which by the way was untrue] and the White men became enraged and went on a rampage and destroyed the side of town where the Black people lived. They decimated the town and killed many people in just a few hours. The remaining Black people were run out of town. Anyway, I'm not surprised Soulja what's his face's comments. All he did was demonstrate the mentality that some African Americans here show everyday. 
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2010
LMFAO! Lawd Jesus! MI BODY! *cries laughing*

But seriously what can you expect from an 18 YEAR old with the stage name Solja Boy? seriously. I am of Jamaican and African American descent. My mother and father's heritage includes that of enslaved ancestors. As tragic as it is it is also a fact that without that unfortunate event we would nto exist however, to praise them for taking us out of Africa as if it were a blessing to be non-African is BEYOND ignorance. Ignorance has plaqued both my American and caribbean cultures in regard to ideas about Africa because of our not knowing and chastising those of us who do know and regard to them as "radicals living in the past". Because of what is shown on tv sadly some of my brothers and sisters from the other side of the Atlantic speak in a zombie like fashion. . .no conscience or awareness of how dumb they sound.

I'd ask 'Solja Boy' where exactly does he think those "ice"/ diamonds he is sporting originated? as well as everything else about his culture that he along with countless of my ppl try to differenciate so eagerly from Africa. His love for jewelry, his Ebonics, his rythym and his very existence is owed to the Motherland, whether Africans see us as African is their issue but we cannot act as if coming to the Americas on a slave ship (laying on our backs for three months in vomit, feces, starving laying beside the ill and corpses only to reach land as slaves, suffer segregation and then finally being brainwashed into believing "constitutional rights" actually apply to us because we nolonger physically see lynching) is a privalege! Africa, America and the world over is to blame for the act of slavery, but the brainwashing is a black and media issue. I pity those who fight the facts because they produce generations of "Solja Boys" and believe it or not they exist throughout Africa as well.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by naijadiva2(f): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2010
"Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa. We wouldn't be here to get this ice and tattoos."

I can't stand when ppl say that. I mean, get a new line, sheesh. Just like when i was taking sociology (class) and some dumb boy made the statement " well im happy that slavery happened cuz i'll still be in africa" then the dumb un-qualified reject "professor" responded "*laughs a bit* me too" LIke WTFFFF And these are ppl who have never left the city but get all their "facts" from T.V.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by chiogo(f): 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2010
naija_diva:

I can't stand when ppl say that. I mean, get a new line, sheesh. Just like when i was taking sociology (class) and some dumb boy made the statement " well im happy that slavery happened cuz i'll still be in africa" then the dumb un-qualified reject "professor" responded "*laughs a bit* me too" LIke WTFFFF And these are ppl who have never left the city but get all their "facts" from T.V.
LMAO!!! Seriouslyyyyyyyyyy?? wow! That is definitely a reject professor. I expect that from kids(not even in high school but it happens so I guess that's too much expectation but college-level, you should know better) but a professor too?? DAMN!
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by naijadiva2(f): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
chiogo:

LMAO!!! Seriouslyyyyyyyyyy?? wow! That is definitely a reject professor. I expect that from kids(not even in high school but it happens so I guess that's too much expectation but college-level, you should know better) but a professor too?? DAMN!

yea i know, the boy was dumb anyways, but still. and the professor, let me not get started on him. Said he tried running for mayor of DC. . .Umm FAIL!!! Who comments in such manners anyways. Like get over it. Some of these ppl are so pressed that slavery happened just cuz they are in america and they "try" to make me feel "bad" bcuz i didnt have the same outcome as them. Im like sweety, I am very proud to be an African. Get over yourself. LOL
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Nobody: 3:19am On May 15, 2012
naija_diva:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Happy Easter 2015 Images, Pictures, Backgrounds, Wallpaper, Messages / The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World / Economical Nigerian Weddings

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55