Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World (4164 Views)

10 Most Spoken Languages In Africa / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / What Are The Highest Paying Translation Languages In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by bryce1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2017
Well ladies and gentlemen, our poll to find the world’s sexiest language has finally come to a close. So what is the world’s sexiest language? What are the sexiest languages per region? While some of the languages on this list may not surprise you, some of them certainly will. The winners, according to popularity are:

1. French
2. British English
3. English
4. Arabic
5. Spanish
6. Samoan
7. Italian
8. Yoruba
9. Thai
10. Tahitian

However, when we calculated the sexiest language according to region, the list turns into:

• North America: English – Known for being the mutt of all languages, English has developed into a complex and beautiful creation that borrows the precision of German, the intensity of Latin, and the refiner of French.

• South America: Spanish – The language of a never dying love contains the vocabulary and rhythm that can make any person swoon.

• United Kingdom: British English – The accent of sophistication and of incredible depth, the British English contains sounds that can adjust itself into any position.

• Western Europe: French – Usually considered the suave and most cultured of the Romantic languages, French is as soft as silk and feels as warm as a lover’s stroke.

• Western Europe: Italian – Known for its poetic nature, Italian is the language of passion and fun, making this language addictive.

• Africa: Yoruba – With percussive intensity and syllables that sound like everyone is singing, Yoruba massages your ears into ecstasy.

• Pacific Islands: Tahitian - With its warmth and voluptuous sounds, Tahitian is the sound of gold coming to embrace you.

• Asia: Thai – Soft spoken, fun loving, and happy-go-lucky, the rich textures of Thai make this language incredibly seductive.

Thanks to your help, Day Translations has been able to search for the world’s sexiest languages in the world! While some of us are not surprised that French turned out to be the sexiest language of all, one can’t help but wonder: What makes a language sexy? And what is it about French?

According to Dr. Nigel Armstrong, a lecturer in French and sociolinguistics at the University of Leeds, there is nothing in the accent that makes French sexy or unsexy. In fact, the same could be said for any language that is included on our list. No language is inherently sexy, for accents and languages are merely sounds that follow an organizational structure. The reason why we think French or a particular language is sexy is much more interesting.

As Dr. Armstrong states, the sexiness of an accent or a language is due to our social and cultural backgrounds. Several surveys have been conducted on similar linguistic phenomena. People, depending on where they have grown up and with what they have been taught as normal, are prone to holding opinions that their culture holds. For centuries, the French have had the stereotype of being stylistic, cultured, suave, and most of all, sexy. Yet why the French?

Generally, the persons who are the most favorable of the French tend to live in a Western culture. This come as no surprise when you consider the numerous polls that have studied attractiveness and sexiness tend to be taken in either the United Kingdom, or the United States. Seeing how both nations are fairly similar in contrast to say, Canada and Indonesia, the polls tend to have the same responses. It is not terribly surprising that Italian, British English, and French show up in every poll about sexy languages.

What is interesting though, is the fact that our poll happens to include a more varied population. As you can see, Arabic, Samoan, and even Yoruba have made it in to the top ten. Has the West ever considered the sexiness of Tahitian? Have we ever even paid much attention to the Yoruba language? Maybe it’s about time that we start to dig a little deeper into other cultures and learn about what makes them so sexy. Who knows, maybe Thai is truly the sexiest language. We just need to study the culture a little more.

Source: https://www.daytranslations.com/blog/2014/10/top-ten-sexiest-languages-world-5611

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by lalanice(f): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
Spanish is sexy! I don't know what people like about British-english accent, turns me off

3 Likes

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Beesluv: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2017
Yoruba all the way

Tiri Gbosa!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by reliableme: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
Happy to see Yoruba representing, I knw say he go pain some people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 15, 2017
I think Amaregn (Amharic) should replace Arabic on the list. Unlike almost all Semitic languages (including Arabic) which are usually very harsh to the ear, Amaregn is smooth because it's syntax is heavy influenced by Cushitic languages.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by FisifunKododada: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2017
pigs will not like dis grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Hati13:
I think Amaregn (Amharic) should replace Arabic on the list. Unlike almost all Semitic languages (including Arabic) which are usually very harsh to the ear, Amaregn is smooth because it's syntax is heavy influenced by Cushitic languages.

What people find sexy is very subjective. People always rave about French but i find it absolutely repulsive, some of the languages here I've heard and I find absolutely laughable that they're on this list, probably for diversity or PC in which case I still would recommend better options, or maybe like i said it's the subjectivity playing in. Just like other nebulous or imprecise "most" lists, I wouldn't take this seriously but it seems it ticks all the boxes. And check the source BTW.
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by scholes0(m): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2017
I quite Agree with the Yoruba part.

I discovered that most people find languages with a good balance between Vowels and Consonants very sexy. What that means is that when speaking it, the language does not aound too frictional, and is quite free flowing and melodious to the ears.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by RedboneSmith(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2017
Spanish is right there at the top of my list.

English accents are sexy too.

The rest? Meh.
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
FisifunKododada:
pigs will not like dis grin grin grin
funkeeeeeee gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by scholes0(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
A language being "sexy"....quite interesting. I could understand accents....but a language...hmmm.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
lalanice:
Spanish is sexy! I don't know what people like about British-english accent, turns me off
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
I love Spanish language too!
You need to listen to Carlos
Santana sing in Spanglish or
exclusively Spanish! grin

Carlos Santana - Maria Maria ft. The Product G&B and Wyclef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLV7lGbmT4

You also need to hear the mixing
of Cuban-Spanish and Cuban-Yoruba [Afro-Cuban]
languages together in Cuban music such as
that of "ORISHAS" a Cuban hip-hop and rap
group that won several Latin Grammy Awards.
Orishas originally won global acclaim for pioneering
a unique Cuban brand of hip hop melding traditional
beats and melodies like musical style “son” with
gritty urban rap.

Orishas - A lo Cubano - 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chcw6PwZjQI

Words such as "Ileke," a Yoruba word
for beads became an anthem in Cuba
because of the strong presence of the Yoruba
culture, language and religion in Cuba.

I listened to the Orishas urban hip-hop and rap
group for the first time in 2002 and they sounded
very melodious. The group from Havana, Cuba was
originally founded in 1999.

Seyi Shay - Yolo Yolo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lj_5w6Rqq8

Seyi Shay sang "Yolo Yolo" MAJORLY in a MIXTURE of Yoruba [about 50% of the words],
Spanish, Nigerian Pidgin English, English and Hausa [Nagode]with the Afro-Cuban/Brazilian
upbeat music TEMPO!

"YOLO" is a popular online acronym or abbreviation that stands for: "You Only Live Once."

The Queen Victoria of England described the Yoruba
language as being "Soft and Melodious"
in 1851 when Samuel Ajayi
Crowther [circa 1809-1891] the first black Bishop of the
Anglican church visited her and her husband at Windsor Castle in
England where he read the "Lord's Prayer" to her in Yoruba.

Cheers! smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
bryce1:
Well ladies and gentlemen, our poll to find the world’s sexiest language has finally come to a close. So what is the world’s sexiest language? What are the sexiest languages per region? While some of the languages on this list may not surprise you, some of them certainly will. The winners, according to popularity are:

1. French
2. British English
3. English
4. Arabic
5. Spanish
6. Samoan
7. Italian
8. Yoruba
9. Thai
10. Tahitian

However, when we calculated the sexiest language according to region, the list turns into:

• North America: English – Known for being the mutt of all languages, English has developed into a complex and beautiful creation that borrows the precision of German, the intensity of Latin, and the refiner of French.

• South America: Spanish – The language of a never dying love contains the vocabulary and rhythm that can make any person swoon.

• United Kingdom: British English – The accent of sophistication and of incredible depth, the British English contains sounds that can adjust itself into any position.

• Western Europe: French – Usually considered the suave and most cultured of the Romantic languages, French is as soft as silk and feels as warm as a lover’s stroke.

• Western Europe: Italian – Known for its poetic nature, Italian is the language of passion and fun, making this language addictive.

• Africa: Yoruba – With percussive intensity and syllables that sound like everyone is singing, Yoruba massages your ears into ecstasy.

• Pacific Islands: Tahitian - With its warmth and voluptuous sounds, Tahitian is the sound of gold coming to embrace you.

• Asia: Thai – Soft spoken, fun loving, and happy-go-lucky, the rich textures of Thai make this language incredibly seductive.

Thanks to your help, Day Translations has been able to search for the world’s sexiest languages in the world! While some of us are not surprised that French turned out to be the sexiest language of all, one can’t help but wonder: What makes a language sexy? And what is it about French?

According to Dr. Nigel Armstrong, a lecturer in French and sociolinguistics at the University of Leeds, there is nothing in the accent that makes French sexy or unsexy. In fact, the same could be said for any language that is included on our list. No language is inherently sexy, for accents and languages are merely sounds that follow an organizational structure. The reason why we think French or a particular language is sexy is much more interesting.

As Dr. Armstrong states, the sexiness of an accent or a language is due to our social and cultural backgrounds. Several surveys have been conducted on similar linguistic phenomena. People, depending on where they have grown up and with what they have been taught as normal, are prone to holding opinions that their culture holds. For centuries, the French have had the stereotype of being stylistic, cultured, suave, and most of all, sexy. Yet why the French?

Generally, the persons who are the most favorable of the French tend to live in a Western culture. This come as no surprise when you consider the numerous polls that have studied attractiveness and sexiness tend to be taken in either the United Kingdom, or the United States. Seeing how both nations are fairly similar in contrast to say, Canada and Indonesia, the polls tend to have the same responses. It is not terribly surprising that Italian, British English, and French show up in every poll about sexy languages.

What is interesting though, is the fact that our poll happens to include a more varied population. As you can see, Arabic, Samoan, and even Yoruba have made it in to the top ten. Has the West ever considered the sexiness of Tahitian? Have we ever even paid much attention to the Yoruba language? Maybe it’s about time that we start to dig a little deeper into other cultures and learn about what makes them so sexy. Who knows, maybe Thai is truly the sexiest language. We just need to study the culture a little more.

Source: https://www.daytranslations.com/blog/2014/10/top-ten-sexiest-languages-world-5611
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
MsNgo40:
A language being "sexy"....quite interesting. I could understand accents....but a language...hmmm.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

grin ...Sexy accents...Sexy languages - its
ALL the same. French, Spanish and
Yoruba are tonal languages so I guess
this is why they are pleasant to the ears
and of course depending on regional
variations in accents!

Queen Victoria of England in 1851
described the Yoruba language as
"Soft and Melodious" after Bishop
Samuel Ajayi Crowther [circa 1809-1891]
read the Lord's Prayer to her and
Prince Albert at Windsor
Castle in Yoruba language.

PS: [Samuel Ajayi Crowther who was
originally
of Yoruba descent in Nigeria had
been captured as a 12-year-old in a raid on his
Oyo village and later rescued in 1821 from
the Portuguese slave schooner that
was heading for the Americas
by a British Naval Squadron off
the coast of West Africa while
on an antislavery patrol and set
free in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
He never saw his father and
sister again except his mother
who he found years later in her Yoruba
hometown of Ketu, now in Benin Republic].

All the best!
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
scholes0:
I quite Agree with the Yoruba part.

I discovered that most people find languages with a good balance between Vowels and Consonants very sexy. What that means is that when speaking it, the language does not aound too frictional, and is quite free flowing and melodious to the ears.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
You hit the right keyword @Scholes!
Melodious is the keyword here. grin

In 1851 when The first black Anglican Bishop
Samuel Ajayi Crowther visited England and
read the Lord's Prayer in Yoruba language
to Queen Victoria of England, she
said Yoruba sounded "Soft and MELODIOUS,"
the EXACT keyword you used in your
post. Read more about his visit to Queen
Victoria in 1851 below:

"The Story of Africa| BBC World Service"
=> www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/8chapter5.shtml

French, Yoruba and Spanish for instance
are tonal languages and I guess this is
why they are found to be melodious and
sexy!

All the best!
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

grin ...Sexy accents...Sexy languages - its
ALL the same. French, Spanish and
Yoruba are tonal languages so I guess
this is why they are pleasant to the ears
and of course depending on regional
variations in accents!

Queen Victoria of England in 1851
described the Yoruba language as
"Soft and Melodious" after Bishop
Samuel Ajayi Crowther [1807-1891]
read the Lord's Prayer to her and
Prince Albert at Buckingham
Palace in Yoruba language.

PS: [Samuel Ajayi Crowther who was
originally
of Yoruba descent in Nigeria had
been captured as a 12-year-old in a raid on his
Oyo village and later rescued from
the slave schooner that was heading
for the Americas
by a British Naval Squadron off
the coast of West Africa while
on an antislavery patrol and set
free in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
He never saw his father and
sister again except his mother
who he found years later in her Yoruba hometown
of Ketu, now in Benin Republic].

All the best!

Ok...thanks sir for your brief historical info! You are a lover of history! I love that you took it a step further.
Interesting how you said the two basically interconnect. I guess it's the flow of the words coupled with the accent that makes it "charming".
I can see that being attractive.
I find some particular accents to sound lovely.
Thanks for the well-wishes smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
MsNgo40:

Ok...thanks sir for your brief historical info! You are a lover of history! I love that you took it a step further.
Interesting how you said the two basically interconnect. I guess it's the flow of the words coupled with the accent that makes it "charming".
I can see that being attractive.
I find some particular accents to sound lovely.
Thanks for the well-wishes smiley
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

You're welcome... and thanks for the
compliments! smiley

On the other hand, about those accents,
I've always loved the exoticness of Spanish,
Italian and French accents because of the
same words/phrase you used in your post:
"...the flow of the words coupled with the
accent that makes it "charming."

Cheers!

PS:I read YOUR profile "SIG" and my instincts
nudged me to share this personal security info with you
I posted it on another thread 3 days ago!

If any FAKE Nairaland moniker begins
to derail any thread with ethnic insults
or defamation of character, PLEASE hit
the "Report" button at the bottom of every
"Off-topic" post! grin

State the reasons for "Reporting" the Internet
Troll, and that will take the "Winds" out of
ANY Troll's sails, instead of responding to
them. I do this a lot on Nairaland instead of
responding to them as it saves time. I've been
using NL since 2005 and I can say this is
one of the BEST ways to control them
BUT it is not yet absolutely foolproof!

In the alternative, send a mail to the Super Moderators
link at the bottom of the NL home page to
REPORT specific FAKE NL monikers that
engage in ethnic insults and Internet Trolling!

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

You're welcome... and thanks for the
compliments! smiley

On the other hand, about those accents,
I've always loved the exoticness of Spanish,
Italian and French accents because of the
same words/phrase you used in your post:
"...the flow of the words coupled with the
accent that makes it "charming."

Cheers!

PS:I read YOUR profile "SIG" and my instincts
nudged me to share this personal security info with you
I posted it on another thread 3 days ago!

If any FAKE Nairaland moniker begins
to derail any thread with ethnic insults
or defamation of character, PLEASE hit
the "Report" button at the bottom of every
"Off-topic" post! grin

State the reasons for "Reporting" the Internet
Troll, and that will take the "Winds" out of
ANY Troll's sails, instead of responding to
them. I do this a lot on Nairaland instead of
responding to them as it saves time. I've been
using NL since 2005 and I can say this is
one of the BEST ways to control them
BUT it is not yet absolutely foolproof!

In the alternative, send a mail to the Super Moderators
link at the bottom of the NL home page to
REPORT specific FAKE NL monikers that
engage in ethnic insults and Internet Trolling!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 19, 2017
undecided and who make this list. I find African languages /accents to be sexy
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:
undecided and who make this list. I find African languages /accents to be sexy

^^^^
^^^^
"According to Dr. Nigel Armstrong, a lecturer in French and sociolinguistics at the University of Leeds, there is nothing in the accent that makes French sexy or unsexy. In fact, the same could be said for any language that is included on our list. No language is inherently sexy, for accents and languages are merely sounds that follow an organizational structure. The reason why we think French or a particular language is sexy is much more interesting.

As Dr. Armstrong states, the sexiness of an accent or a language is due to our social and cultural backgrounds. Several surveys have been conducted on similar linguistic phenomena. People, depending on where they have grown up and with what they have been taught as normal, are prone to holding opinions that their culture holds. For centuries, the French have had the stereotype of being stylistic, cultured, suave, and most of all, sexy. Yet why the French?"...

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^
^^^^
"According to Dr. Nigel Armstrong, a lecturer in French and sociolinguistics at the University of Leeds, there is nothing in the accent that makes French sexy or unsexy. In fact, the same could be said for any language that is included on our list. No language is inherently sexy, for accents and languages are merely sounds that follow an organizational structure. The reason why we think French or a particular language is sexy is much more interesting.

As Dr. Armstrong states, the sexiness of an accent or a language is due to our social and cultural backgrounds. Several surveys have been conducted on similar linguistic phenomena. People, depending on where they have grown up and with what they have been taught as normal, are prone to holding opinions that their culture holds. For centuries, the French have had the stereotype of being stylistic, cultured, suave, and most of all, sexy. Yet why the French?"...

wrong. Europeans have always praised themselves more highly than others, or just excluded us all togther. This list is no different.
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2017
Yoruba keh??!! *DIES*!!!
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=Konquest post=63395056]
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Brother,
Will u "pm" me please? I have a question to ask.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Konquest: 3:44am On Dec 27, 2017
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

I just sent you a brief intro PM.

Enjoy your day. smiley
Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Probz(m): 4:35am On Dec 27, 2017
I’d have sex with the Yoruba language if I could. It’s that peng.

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by seunny4lif(m): 5:55am On Dec 27, 2017
grin grin
It's English-Yoruba language that is num 4 in work.

Yoruba is sexy and sweet

3 Likes

Re: The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

I just sent you a brief intro PM.

Enjoy your day. smiley

Thanks....I sent a reply.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Proverbs In Isoko / Did You Know Of Benin / How Come Obama Promotes Homosexuality But Doesn't Admit That He's A Homosexual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.