Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,376 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. (5335 Views)

Effects Of Lamination On Certificate / Is Lamination Of Certificate Reasonable? / Lamination Of Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by priscaoge(f): 6:51am On Sep 15, 2014
Soneh:
lol reminds me of one of my course mate that laminated his school timetable
Lmaocheesy....That dude must be a learnercheesy
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by Soneh(m): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2014
priscaoge:
Lmaocheesy....That dude must be a learnercheesy
a big one at that,I don't blame him though twas our first semester in year one;dude laminated only departmental timetable not knowing we had other borrowed courses
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by ntyce(m): 9:27am On Sep 15, 2014
This is so true, was told that University certificates should have some watermark/security features which may not be seen after laminating.

1 Like

Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Jona than ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by MizEmpress(f): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2014
I don't like laminating too but I had to ask someone to do it for me when the grades and subjects in my WAEC certificate started wiping off, its not as if I use it all the time so overuse isn't the issue. If they want to stop lamination, then relevant bodies should try to make our documents more durable.

1 Like

Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by otimothy(m): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2014
folks my elder bro in carlifonia told me same couple of days back and seriously asked me not to and secondly i witnessed heavy gobe wen i collected my certificate in 2011 from ui,opp ui gate in agbowo shopping complex,the babe wanted to laminate her certificate i guess the machine don too hot,ryt there before my eyes the machine melt the top side of her certificate that was inserted into the machine,mehn u gat see the way the babe grip the guy and the way take off wit my own even though na photocopy i wan do,so my candid advice is pls dont laminate it.

1 Like

Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by CokerAnne(f): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=NaijaChild][/quote]

They have no reason to laminate their call up letters in the first place cos it will be collected at the camp for verification and will not be returned.
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by dazzlingbeau(f): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Not true,i sent my laminated certificate out for evaluation,and it was not rejected.
its all rumors.
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by Ndababa(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Really doubtful. Almost all certificates now have bar-code at the back. In my school, the barcode contains all your info. from your grades, courses offered, Names and all.

Maybe unless if one's certificate doesn't have this feature.
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by Simplefaithy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
1one: I've actually heard this before... Infact when I was going for my youth service, I was told that the screening officials at the camp won't accept my B.sc Certificate if it was laminated... I wasn't too sure about this so I just decided to leave it like that without laminating.. When I got to camp though, I don't remember them turning down anyone with a laminated certificate, even though I was not too focused on any other person apart from me... But I think if you can keep your certificate in a safe place, it's somewhat better than laminating it so as to avoid any incidence of certificate refusal due to lamination
went to camp with my laminated certificates and was cleared. served in kebbi.
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by 1one: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Simplefaithy: went to camp with my laminated certificates and was cleared. served in kebbi.

Ohh ok then.

I guess it's only in selected locations
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by NaijaChild: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
CokerAnne:

They have no reason to laminate their call up letters in the first place cos it will be collected at the camp for verification and will not be returned.

No be small ooo..I think they were nt given enough orientation before coming into the camp
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by Simplefaithy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
1one:

Ohh ok then.

I guess it's only in selected locations
. yeap. maybe
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by itstpia8: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
any info on this?
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by roselineowo1: 2:25am On Mar 16, 2016
U can de laminate ur doc wit flame........ Bt do it gently. Just did mine nd it lovely
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by engrzion(m): 6:46am On Mar 16, 2016
In line with our vision to help 1.5 million students become problem solvers not job seekers and to train 1000 students through school, Clever Minds Learning Center gives free POST UTME forms to less privilege Students, orphans, destitute, poor or Students who are not financially capable to afford it.

This is to inform the general public that the Clever Minds Free POST UTME forms application is ongoing. As part of its support to educational development and human capacity building, Clever Minds Learning center with its Partners give free POST UTME forms to deserving students who scored above 200 in their JAMB UTME Exams

Applications for Clever Minds Free POST UTME are based on the following criteria.

Clever Minds Free POST UTME forms Eligibility:

Applications are invited from O’level students in SS 3 in any secondary in delta state who scored 200 or More in JAMB UTME 2016.

Eligibility

a. Candidates must be in secondary school (SS 3) at the time of application

b. Applicants must be financially unable to purchase the forms at the time of application

c. Students in Clever Minds learning center are not eligible to Apply

d. student must be willing to attend the Clever Minds Mentorship Class In April

e. Students must write an essay of not more than 250 words with the title

“WHY I WANT TO GET ADMISSION THIS YEAR”

APPLICATION FORMS

Candidates are to pick up application forms from clever minds head office

111 airport road (Brown Three storey building opposite FENOG Company, Last floor) opposite dstv office by bright hope junction

Come along with one Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old

Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty

Application closes Monday 23rd May 2016

Exam Date: 28th May 2016

Time 10.00am Prompt

Venue: clever Minds Learning Center, Edjeba, 72b Otien Street, Former Born Victors Academy, By the shrine, Edjeba

In line with our Free POST UTME Forms administration system, students must undergo a qualifying exams. Only successful candidates will be given the Free POST UTME Forms.

Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the Examinations

PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE BEST STUDENT

In line with our vision to help 1.5 million students become problem solvers not job seekers and to train 1000 students through school, we intend to pay the tuition fees (tuition fees only) for the best student in the FREE POST UTME examinations that gains admission into school.

Inquiries: 08137506467,

Facebook: Clever Minds,

Initiative of the Academic Mentor & Partners

Zion Oshiobugie

Host of the Students Corner

In line with our Free POST UTME Forms administration system, students must undergo a qualifying exams. Only successful candidates will be given the Free POST UTME Forms.

Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the Examinations

PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE BEST STUDENT

In line with our vision to help 1.5 million students become problem solvers not job seekers and to train 1000 students through school, we intend to pay the tuition fees (tuition fees only) for the best student in the FREE POST UTME examinations that gains admission into school.

Inquiries: 08137506467,

Facebook: Clever Minds,

Initiative of the Academic Mentor & Partners

Zion Oshiobugie

Host of the Students Corner
Re: Lamination Renders Your Certificate Invalid In US. by edunson(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2016
kaka22:
Eleyi gidi gan ooo... Well, is there a machine that can be used to unlaminate documents? wink
oboy ask them oooo why can't look for this machine that can unlaminated rather than rejecting it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin Worst Graduating Students Gets UK Scholarships / Re: Do You Still Remember Your School Anthem? / Unizik Introduces New Science Diploma Program And Unizik Post Ume 2010 Starts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.