Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! (5155 Views)

Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull / The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by whiteboyswag: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
I don't understand why an american machine like the pacifica would not come with the temperature guage, its a horrible experience using dis car here in nigeria even wen u have high temp u wouldn't know until the car goes off by it self and if this contds the top cylinder gasket will be the culprite and this top does not come cheap.
So please my fellow nlders please what exactly was the maker of this ride thinking without putting a temp meter pls let's discuss this all the profs in.the house.

Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
whiteboyswag: I don't understand why an american machine like the pacifica would not come with the temperature guage, its a horrible experience using dis car here in nigeria even wen u have high temp u wouldn't know until the car goes off by it self and if this contds the top cylinder gasket will be the culprite and this top does not come cheap.
So please my fellow nlders please what exactly was the maker of this ride thinking without putting a temp meter pls let's discuss this all the profs in.the house.

Did you get a chance to research the car before you bought it?

In my experience, not on this car and I would never buy a Chrysler product, they would put what we call an idiot light for critical alerts. So if you read your owners manual you will see an exclamation alert for high temperatures.

You can install a temperature gauge, electronic or mechanical, if you fancy.
Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
whiteboyswag: I don't understand why an american machine like the pacifica would not come with the temperature guage, its a horrible experience using dis car here in nigeria even wen u have high temp u wouldn't know until the car goes off by it self and if this contds the top cylinder gasket will be the culprite and this top does not come cheap.

What's the point in fitting a temperature gauge? You'll simply ignore it's warnings. The same way you're ignoring your car's ABS malfunctioning light, and driving around with a CEL. Look at your dash!

Just because a car still drives with known faults doesn't mean all is well. You guys just drive cars with faults, ignore all warnings, until the poor car grinds to a halt. Then you come whining on Nairaland, blaming the manufacturer of your car, when in reality, the only person to blame is YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by Lovetinz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
My airbag and check engine light has been on for over a year. It didn't stop me from driving.
I need the temp guage. If it rises past the normal level (It happened twice in the past one year, Low water level caused the first, the second was due to radiator fan damage) I park and check.
If I was to put the car in perfect order. I won't have money left to buy even fuel.
I want the temp guage working. I can live without airbag and abs.
I disagree with Siena.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
Lovetinz: My airbag and check engine light has been on for over a year. It didn't stop me from driving.
I need the temp guage. If it rises past the normal level (It happened twice in the past one year, Low water level caused the first, the second was due to radiator fan damage) I park and check.
If I was to put the car in perfect order. I won't have money left to buy even fuel.
I disagree with Siena.

That may be but he still raised valid points though.

What is the benefit of buying a modern car with an airbag when the airbag won't work when needed?
Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by mayor2013: 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
Wait until your transmission packs up and you wld come back crying here. Go read the meaning of Abs and I bet you would love to treat that Abs malfuncion light with immediate effect

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by abatically(m): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Lovetinz: My airbag and check engine light has been on for over a year. It didn't stop me from driving.
I disagree with Siena.

Since u think driving around with ur check engine light is normal just because ur car still drives.. Its ok.

Picture it this way... what if the check engine light has something to do with the car overheating? Maybe a bad thermostat or faulty engine coolant temperature sensor? The car already gave u a warning by showing the check engine light, u refuse to look into it and blame the manufacturers. You need to scan ur car.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
abatically:

Since u think driving around with ur check engine light is normal just because ur car still drives.. Its ok.

Picture it this way... what if the check engine light has something to do with the car overheating? Maybe a bad thermostat or faulty engine coolant temperature sensor? The car already gave u a warning by showing the check engine light, u refuse to look into it and blame the manufacturers. You need to scan ur car.

An astute observation and you're spot on. They may in fact be using the CEL as a temperature dummy warning.
Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by whiteboyswag: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
@sienna . The temp guage is very very important in a car cause something might go wrong anytime in ur car like fan malfunctions and that alone if not noticed on time can knock ur engine which might break a mans heart I mean if engines like the pacifica knocks I don't even want to tink about it.
I know we have bad attitude towards our cars here In nigeria but why I raised this topic is to know if chrysler did a bad job on the pacifica or its just style.
Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by abatically(m): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
whiteboyswag: @sienna . The temp guage is very very important in a car cause something might go wrong anytime in ur car like fan malfunctions and that alone if not noticed on time can knock ur engine which might break a mans heart I mean if engines like the pacifica knocks I don't even want to tink about it.
I know we have bad attitude towards our cars here In nigeria but why I raised this topic is to know if chrysler did a bad job on the pacifica or its just style.

Yes the temperature gauge is very important no doubt. The base model of ur Chrysler Pacifica lacks a temperature gauge for the US Market while the Canadian models do come with temperature gauge. Maybe it is to cut cost (not sure though). But Chrysler made provisions to include a light on the dash to let u know when the temperature is too low or getting high. At high temperature the light would flash. But then since u are the type that ignore check engine and abs lights, u probably also ignored the warning light and let ur car overheat. Also the check engine light might have something to do with the overheating as it would stay lit when ur engine coolant sensor is bad. Remember the engine coolant sensor controls when ur cooling fans come on.

This is not the first car without a temperature gauge. I saw a Toyota Vios in Malaysia that doesn't have a temperature gauge. The 2012 Mazda 5 also lacks a temperature gauge.

In this case, mazda used a cool blue 'cold' light instead of a temperature gauge because of consumer psychology: In short, owners are more likely to drive gently—and “not thrash the engine”—if there's a light on than if the temp gauge simply shows cold. The light changes color when the engine becomes too hot.

So OP, check the light on ur dash, no light on the dash should be ignored,
Re: Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! by sultaan(m): 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
On some base model they have a warning light for engine temp.A bad idea considering you ge warned when it is high already and if the bulb is bad you will have a very bad day
There should be an engine management system to shut it down at certain temp.

Now you can turn the key to acc 3 times to scan the car yourself but the fact is you are driving a car you didn't understand anything about.
Its about time you read the owners manual page 159.

American cars have more electronics that are dealer friendly When you turn on your car it is good to notice which of the warning lights didn't come on even when there is no gage a warning will come up and a chime will stay on continuously like the door is still open to inform/warn you something is not right.When you ignore a warning from a car how can you now blame the car?

Those are warning lights not decorative.If a car says my brake has a problem you ignore it and have an accident next day, you will say American cars are bad.
It is good you and others are learning, these cars are made for a different kind of society/consumers, you just have to understand what you are driving.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Obama / See The Supercar Made Of Wood... Interesting(photos) / What Is The Average Mileage Of Car Per Year In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.