Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng (18084 Views)

Shipping A Truck From Germany / Shipping Car Or Truck From Usa To Nigeria Or Benin / Cost Of Clearing A Truck From Uk To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2008
Good day all. Does anyone please have a good contact to ship my dump truck from the USA here to Nigeria.
Truck is located in Florida on Eastcoat and quite big & heavy: 27' x 8' x 10' with about 22000lbs.
Assistance is much appreciated, ohh.
Thank you.
D.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by Thor(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2008
problem is that anyone trying to help you here will make your dumper truck disapear undecided
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2008
what city in florida is the vehicle located in?
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 1:30am On Nov 02, 2008
Good Day.
THOR & PROMISE:
Thank you for your advice, much appreciated.
The truck is located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Any good and reliable forwarding agent known?
Maybe even someone I can pay collect in Lagos??
Thanks your feedback.
D.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 2:45am On Nov 02, 2008
@ Dieter,

Pls give me a brief info on the truck. Are u located in Nigeria? Whos got the truck etc. You are actually in luck, there is a service from Jacksonville to Lagos.

I dont live in florida nor im a shipping agent but can point you in the right direction.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by FLORIDACAR: 5:57am On Nov 02, 2008
For any shipping from florida call this GUYS : desmondcars@yahoo.com
I used him before he was the best, Great service!
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2008
FLORIDACAR:

For any shipping from florida call this GUYS : desmondcars@yahoo.com
I used him before he was the best, Great service!

@ poster. Be careful of these types of posting. No phone number, no company's real e-mail. No physical address. Whenever u deal wt any company. make sure u really know who they are.

Buyers beware.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by Gifo(m): 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2008
Promise72: Very true; moreso for people with free mail providers like @yahoo.com. A biz outfit in the U.S. should have a registered name and address, not just @yahoo.com
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by sultaan(m): 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2008
Check this site out and call for a quote.

http://www.shipping-worldwide.com
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 3:31am On Nov 03, 2008
Good day.
Thanks all the advice from all participants, once again.

>>> PROMISE72:
I am in Miami right now for some cars.
For my truck a friend from Germany had told me that there is shipment from Jacksonville to Lagos, because it is a truck it should go Rollon Rolloff. So I arranged with the dealer to deliver it to the port. It is in running condition!

I will see what to get out of the contacts given here and report accordingly.
I attach a picture of the truck at the dealer's place.
Best regards to California.
D.

Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ dieter,

you can drop me email of your number. i can try to help you out if need be. I'm not a shipper tho.

The truck will run around 5-6000 dollars to get home. Be ready!

However, one thing i kno is that you need to have booked a space with a shipping line (tru a freight forwarder/agent) b4 taking the car to the port. Otherwise it will be rejected without a "dock receipt" A dock receipt is a proof that a booking has been made.

You might be better off leaving the truck wt the dealer to get a booking. otherwise you will be paying twice for towing back and forth.

My email is in my profile. Good luck
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by ToToChoper: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
Try Unit International.

Used this company for my last RORO to Nigeria.They are in Jacksonville, Florida and thier number is (+)1-904-744-0273. Ask to speak with Gail or somebody else in export. Their website is http://www.unitinternational.net/
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2008
ToToChoper:

Try Unit International.

Used this company for my last RORO to Nigeria.They are in Jacksonville, Florida and their number is (+)1-904-744-0273. Ask to speak with Gail or somebody else in export. Their website is http://www.unitinternational.net/

Took the word out of my mouth.Was gonna recommend them too. Havent used them before but spoke wt Gail before and they seem like a very solid company. They broker for Hoegh Autoliners who are one of the biggest company going to Nigeria via RORO.

Getting a booking on RORO is the tough part especially during holidays/Xmas time.

Good luck.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by adexfem(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2008
Dieter, i can do the clearing for you when your truck gets to Nigeria.I can also deliver it if you want.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 3:17am On Nov 07, 2008
>>> PROMISE72 / ADEXFEM

Good evening & apologies for delay in reverting.
Thanks the advice once again, much appreciated and it prooved to be fully correct.

However the dealer has recommended me to a German forwarder with own office & truck receiving yard here in the US.
Booking, customs registration and dock receipt were issued within 6 hours.
As their rate was cheaper than the others, respectively they had space and a sailing - which Shipping International did not have and DESMOND did not reply at all, I contracted with them. Finally I found out that my friend in Germany is shipping with them from Europe, so I do feel confident.
Lets see how it will work out.
Only thing I am not happy about is that they say I can not load anything onto my truck, as I have 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY here as well now and I wanted to load it onto the dumpster.

Best regards
DIETER
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by moneyflo: 9:50am On Nov 07, 2008
@dieter

what is the name of this shipping company pls?. thanks
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2008
dieter:

>>> PROMISE72 / ADEXFEM

Good evening & apologies for delay in reverting.
Thanks the advice once again, much appreciated and it prooved to be fully correct.

However the dealer has recommended me to a German forwarder with own office & truck receiving yard here in the US.
Booking, customs registration and dock receipt were issued within 6 hours.
As their rate was cheaper than the others, respectively they had space and a sailing - which Shipping International did not have and DESMOND did not reply at all, I contracted with them. Finally I found out that my friend in Germany is shipping with them from Europe, so I do feel confident.
Lets see how it will work out.
Only thing I am not happy about is that they say I can not load anything onto my truck, as I have 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY here as well now and I wanted to load it onto the dumpster.

Best regards
DIETER

Dont hoard the info on the company. The least you could do is share it and be helpful to others who are looking to ship. As a matter of fact i say follow up with your experience and let others know. That is what this forum is all about.
Good luck
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2008
>>> PROMISE72

Good morning to California. I hope all is well.
I do not have problem sharing their name, which is AFL/OVERSEAS FORWARDING (see: www.overseas-forwarding.de) located in Hamburg, Germany and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
But as I said my own personal experience with them is only few days old and logically still small.
So far it has been very fine, just as my truck dealer recommended.

The "dock receipt" that you mentioned, was issued within 5-6 hours after I had faxed them copies of my documents and dealer informed them dimensions and weight of my "baby". The truck has now been moved from their yard to the port terminal yesterday and ship is said to arrive on 22 November.

As I have seen from afar - since I could not go inside, the port was indeed very full with trucks and cars and that is so they say, why they had to receive my truck at their own yard nearby prior to having all documents and check that truck was really in running condition. US port terminals are said to be very full still from the time when the US$ was very low. But Mr. PHILIP the forwarder from Hamburg said that an extra 3rd ship will come in late November with then total 3 ships regularly from USA to Africa to take all trucks waiting in US directly to Naija in 18 day journeys only.
So let's see that ship is on time and then I can report you more - which I will certainly do.

Only question now is what I do with my Camry, ohh.
Best regards and wishing you a nice weekend.
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2008
>>> ADEXFEM

Good day to ADEXFEM.
My truck shall arrive at Tincan by 2nd half December.
Can you please give me estimate on how much clearing + duty will cost total.
And please advise what you need in documents.

Thank you.
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2008
@ Dieter,

Good info. What you will do is that you have to pay to get it shipped. it will about 1300-1500. im guessing. They cant allow u to put it in the tipper cos it will add to the weight and might throw off loading process. The ship cant be overloaded no matter what.

Also it wouldnt be in their interest to let everyone load their trucks otherwise they will be out of the money they would have charge you in moving the camry wink

So how much is the truck costing to ship? It will be nice if you can share the dimension and weight of the truck. just curious.

Enjoy that baby. Or are u selling it?
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by moneyflo: 12:07am On Nov 09, 2008
@ Dieter

thanks for the info.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by OCEANLANE: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
FM : OCEANLANE SHIPPING / VAUPRES.B
MANAGING DIRECTOR
02 BP 1542 COTONOU - BENIN
E-MAIL : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail, com
Web : www.oceanems.com
Office Tel / Fax : +229 97 97 40 40
Mobile Tel : +229 97 97 40 40 / +1 678 389 9840

You can contact me in COTONOU ( Benin ) ; I have a shipipng company in USA and in West Africa .

I can offer you very competitive rates with 5 to 6 direct monthly sailings .

Best Regards
B.VAUPRES
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2008
>>> @ PROMISE 72

Good afternoon. Dear Promise,
just for your information or anybody else who might be interested in it.
And in order not to say that I am keeping the info to myself again ;-)

My CAMRY is now moving to Lagos as well. Badly I had no choice. The forwarder would not let me load it onto my dumpster as I had thought. They say it is US law that prohibits it. However from Europe it is done I know that, because my friend is doing it from Germany all the time.

My MACK now cost me US$ 6250.00
The CAMRY US$ 1450.00
So total is 7700.00
As I did not have enough dollar with me, they finally agreed that I can pay the balance locally. I am quite happy about that because now my things are moving.

Our truck my brother will use in Naija. I do not want to sell it, sorry :-)
But I met some nice truck dealers and it looks to be an interesting field, many Africans there. And all are buying MACK truck.

OK, I hope I did not forget anything. I am sending best regards to California. Thanks very much for all your help.
I appreciate it. Thank you!
Regards
DIETER
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2008
REMINDER, please

>>> @ ADEXFEM
I now need your estimate for clearing on MACK + CAMRY TOYOTA, please.
Are you interested??
Greetings
DIETER

>>> ADEXFEM

Good day to ADEXFEM.
My truck shall arrive at Tincan by 2nd half December.
Can you please give me estimate on how much clearing + duty will cost total.
And please advise what you need in documents.

Thank you.
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by sultaan(m): 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2008
Going by Nigerian law, the dump truck should be 0-5%(duty free), Who goes by law anyway.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by promise72(m): 7:17am On Nov 16, 2008
@ dieter,

Congrats, more power to you. Will like to know if you get the truck at the auction or thru a regular dealer? What did the measurements and weight on the truck finally came to? Any info on the shipping line thats actually carrying the truck home? I am not talking of the agent but the actual shipping line.

Im thinking of dabbling into truck and will have to get from either florida or other east coast state. Hence my asking all these questions.

How much could this truck have cost on the streets in nigeria? Thanks.

Greeting back to you from California here.
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by OCEANLANE: 10:19am On Nov 16, 2008
FM : OCEANLANE SHIPPING / VAUPRES.B
MANAGING DIRECTOR
02 BP 1542 COTONOU - BENIN
E-MAIL : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail.com
Web : www.oceanems.com
Office Tel / Fax : +229 97 97 40 40
Mobile Tel : +229 97 97 40 40 / +1 678 389 9840

You can contact me in COTONOU ( Benin ) ; I have a shipipng company in USA and in West Africa .

I can offer you very competitive rates with 5 to 6 direct monthly sailings .

We can ship your vehicles to NIGERIA or BENIN and offer you FREIGHT COLLECT in FCFA in BENIN ( Cotonou ) .

Please contact me by Email directly if needed .

Best Regards
B.VAUPRES
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2008
Good afternoon to e/one.

>>> SULTAAN

Thank you indeed for your feedback.
I like to somehow to pre- and double-check what the clearing agent will tell us.
However, I rather go by what is legal. We are no 419er.

>>> PROMISE 72

The Forwarder from Germany, respectively their office here in US say they measured the truck after they had received it and it turned out to be smaller than the dealer where I bought it had said. The price therefore obviously appears to go by volume! I now pay $106.50 per CBM. Luckily now I do not have to pay anymore balance for my truck and neither my Camry in Lagos "collect". What they say they actually do only for truck shipments, but not for car shipment.

So finally I can somehow now recommend them. At least on my first shipment so far.
If you want to know the dealer name where I got the truck sent me eMail and I will reply you.

Regards to the Westcoast.
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2008
>>> PROMISE 72

Sorry, I forgot.
Shipping line is called Grimaldi Atlantic Container Lines, but truck does not go inside container!
My car as well will not be loaded in a container. It all goes Roll on Roll off. So the name is a little "funny".

They say it takes between 17-20 days to arrive Lagos after shipment, depending on where the ship goes next from Jacksonville. Either direct to TinCan or still to 2-3 other American ports. But the truck will not change ship on his way to Naija.
I can as well ship out of New York, New Jersey and Baltimore they say and for trucks I can pay in Lagos.
So next time I will look up there in the North. But now it is too cold up there and Christmas is coming anyhow.

Regards
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by Magnate021(m): 12:45am On Nov 17, 2008
dieter:

>>> PROMISE 72

Sorry, I forgot.
Shipping line is called Grimaldi Atlantic Container Lines, but truck does not go inside container!
My car as well will not be loaded in a container. It all goes Roll on Roll off. So the name is a little "funny".

They say it takes between 17-20 days to arrive Lagos after shipment, depending on where the ship goes next from Jacksonville. Either direct to TinCan or still to 2-3 other American ports. But the truck will not change ship on his way to Naija.
I can as well ship out of New York, New Jersey and Baltimore they say and for trucks I can pay in Lagos.
So next time I will look up there in the North. But now it is too cold up there and Christmas is coming anyhow.

thanks for sharing your wonderful experience. like how much is it in total to ship that size of truck and how much did you think it's going to cost to clear it in lagos? thanks for your prompt response.

Regards
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by dieter(m): 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2008
>>> MAGNATE02

Just see your question in your copied text now, sorry.
But didn't I answer the price already - you read my message.

Price was $ 106,50 per cbm.
My truck was measured when it went to the port and by those measurements I was billed $ 106,50 X 48 CBM = $ 5.110,-- (the truck actually turned out to be smaller than the dimensions I had). So be aware that it can work "the other way around" as well! Trying to trick on the dimensions obviously will not help and will not make it cheaper I think.
The price included everything as far as I can see. Customs, Documentation, freight, handling and whatever those abreviations BAF,CAF,CGS etc mean. But I could live with the price and did not need to pay anything on collect in Lagos anymore where I will collect my BL hopefully soonest.
My Camry is as well moving and the Camry went for $ 1.450,--

How much it will exactly be for clearing in Naija I do not know.
I think it will depend a lot on an honest! clearing agent,
But Naija duty should be 5% as I learn, plus VAT.
So make your own calculation please

I hope this clarifies your questions?!
Regards
Dieter
Re: Shipping Truck From Usa To Ng by moneyflo: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2008
@dieter

thanx for the info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auction Export / Get All Your Car Radio Codes From Day11 / 2 Uints Of Lexus Rx350 Toks Fully Loaded 2010 Model And 2015 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.