Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Avast 4.8(home Edition) Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Avast 4.8(home Edition) Problem (774 Views)

How Can I Use My Avast Antivirus Software For Life? / Free Avast Internet Security Activation Code / >> Avast Stop Working Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Avast 4.8(home Edition) Problem by sannies(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2008
Hello Nairalanders, please i need your help i instore avast 4.8 home edition and now it given me a lot of headache. whenever i log on to my system it brings out a warning that avast as just fist a terrible virus on the system. sometime it brings out a warning that window as encounta a problem i need to send or dont send, on pressing dont send it brings out that the system will be shot down and avast need to scan.after pressing yes it shut down and reboot to start scanning.but still it could'nt find the error. since then whenever i try open my hard disk my system reboot. i have also try to uninstore the avast but all to no avail.pls i need help on what to do.i want to uninstall.
Re: Avast 4.8(home Edition) Problem by lilvonz(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2008
Well,the problem is not with the avast itself, it is with the operation system .
The virus has taken over the operation system before the avast was installed, so there is little or nothing the avast can do.
The only solution is to format your system and install avast before installing any other software.
Re: Avast 4.8(home Edition) Problem by betheldgr8(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2008
if u want to uninstall the avast, when u boot ur system just keep tapping F8 and the system will now bring out options, then select directory services. it will open the system for u but in a dark back ground. it is called safe mode. from the safe mode u can now uninstall anything u want to uninstall and then reboot ur system. but i advise u use norton 360 antivirus since its a personal system. try that and please tell me how ur system is. my e-mail is bethelogundu@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Partitioning A Harddrive With An Os Installed. / Recovering Data From A Formatted Hard Disk! Real Solutions! / How To Do Email Address Finding For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.