Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Will Muslims Go To Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Muslims Go To Heaven? (4981 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Abdulsalam20(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ onyeEGO dont let your pastors be decieving you..........there is only one GOD and also jesus is a prophet
esus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity
One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? The major difference between
Islam and Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus
(pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or
where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following
statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):
(i) "My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]
(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29]
(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]
(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
[The Bible, Luke 11:20]
(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which
hath sent me."
[The Bible, John 5:30]
2. The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law
Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the
previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth
pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven;
but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the
kingdom of heaven."
[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]
3. God Sent Jesus' (pbuh)
The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus (pbuh) mission in the following verses:
(i)"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
[The Bible, John 14:24]
(ii)"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
[The Bible, John 17:3]
4. Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity
Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:
"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’
And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]
Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that
Jesus (pbuh) would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed striking to
note the difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Christian dogma of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh).
5. Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God
The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.
"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by
him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."
[The Bible, Acts 2:22]
6. The First Commandment is that God is One
The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of
all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."
This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]
It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the
Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any
suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.
Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God.
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.
III) Concept of God in Old Testament:
1. God is One
The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]
2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah
The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:
(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]
(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]
3. Old Testament condemns idol worship
(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the
water under the earth:"
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]
(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:
"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."
"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water
beneath the earth."
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]
DONT LET YOUR PASTORS DECEIVE YOU THEY ARE ANTICHRIST
IF YOU CAN PROVE ME WRONG I WILL CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY

3 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abdulsalam20:
Jesus did not
die, not even to talk of rising from death!
Paul (the father of Christianity) himself said it very clearly,
and was challenging Galatian people, was even calling them
fools, just because they believed that, Jesus was crucified.
Paul said:
“O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose
eyes Jesus Christ was publically portrayed as
crucified?” (Galatians 3:1) – (R.S.V)
In King James Version, the verse reads as follows:
“O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should
not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been
evidently set forth, crucified among you?” (Galatians 3:1) –
(K.J.V)
Note
Is’t not a shame to those who persistently believed that,
Jesus was killed and crucified?
Look, Paul does not only refer Galatians as fools but, any
person who believes that Jesus was crucified is also a fool.
2. “And Jesus went a little further, and fell on his face, and
prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup
pass from me (i.e save me from crucifixion): nevertheless not
as I will, but as thou wilt. (Matthew 26:39)
And the Bible confirmed that his prayer was answered
according to Hebrew 5:7. That Jesus (PBUH):
“Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers
and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that
was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he
feared”. (Hebrew 5:7)
This means that God Almighty answered his prayer so he
was not killed by the disbelievers
3. Being lifted and saved:
Luke 4:10-12
10 For the Scriptures say, ‘ He will order his angels to protect and guard
you.
11 And they will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your
foot on a stone. ’”
4. GOD Almighty will hear his cries ( Psalm 91:15 ) and will save him
( Psalm 91:3 ).

and mind u sir, Christ is the head of the body, paul is an apostle a servant of christ just as i am just as u wud be if u believe in the death, burier and resurrection of christ for God is no respecter of persons, he loves is not restricted to christiand even unto u and every muslim on earth.....

Ur spirit longeth for this truth so ye shalt receive the gospel of truth unto ur soul, u are member of christ body the very momment u read this post... Halleluyah!
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
kimond101:

That is what the church/bible tells you? I'll say there is no name greater than 'God'! And I know God would not send me to hell for worshipping him alone without associating partners with him. Jesus is a Messiah sent by God, craeted by God (Be and he was), performed miracles by the permission of God, healed the leper, cured the blind all by the permission of God. He isn't dead yet cause God took him to himself when they wanted to crucify him, he is coming back to the world again, he would marry and defeat the anti_christ and also rule the world and die as all human beings would. Cause every soul shall taste death. This is part of the truth which Christians don't believe about Jesus.

hello sir, pick up ur bible and turn to james 2:19, clearly written, ''even the devil believes God and trembles'', but in John 3:16.. God himself spoke ''Whosoever believe no mata wu U are, in who?, in him, which him?. CHRIST shall be save''
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Joshtos: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
kimond101: The question about Muslims going to heaven can only be addressed by analysing what being a muslim means.
A muslim is one who worships God alone without associating partners in worship with him.
Now what is the religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joseph, David since they all came before Christ. The answer is Islam(People who submit to God without associating partners in worship with him).
Jesus Christ the Messiah, Son of Mary is a blessed prophet and messenger of God. His creation is a display of God greatness.
God created Adam from nothing(Clay), Eve from Adam (man), Jesus from Mary (woman), and you and I from our parents (Man and Woman). This indicates that God is indeed able to do all things.
Abraham was sent as a messenger, same was Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, and Mohammed. And we're given scriptures as a guidance to their people. Jesus Christ was given the gospel as a guidance for the people of Isreal. And whoever doesn't follow his guidance would not be successful in the hereafter. The guidance of the gospel as revealed to Jesus is the true guidance. But with all due respect man has added some words into the Bibles we have today. But the pure scripture that God revealed to Jesus indicates Jesus saying:
My Father is greater than I. Jesus never called himself God in the bible.
Back to the question would muslims enter paradise. Yes they would by the Grace of God. But only those who are obedient to the commandments of God [/b]and do not take partners with God and believe in all the books revealed to all the messengers, believe in the angels, preordainment and seek forgiveness from God with sincerity hoping for the best in this life and the hereafter.

Romans 5: 20 [b]Law came in, to increase the trespass; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Abdulsalam20(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

hello sir, pick up ur bible and turn to james 2:19, clearly written, ''even the devil believes God and trembles'', but in John 3:16.. God himself spoke ''Whosoever believe no mata wu U are, in who?, in him, which him?. CHRIST shall be save''
WHEN GOD SAY WHOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM THEN SIMPLY WHAT GOD IS TELLING YOU IS THAT WHOEVER FOLLOW HIS TEACHING AND NOT WHOEVER WORSHIP HIM WHEN JESUS SAY I AM THE WAY AND THE LIGHT WHOEVER FOLLOW ME SHALL NEVER GO ASTRAY THINK OF IT HE IS NOT SAYING WHOEVE WORSHIP HIM WHAT HE MEAN IS THAT WHOEVER FOLLOW HIS TEACHING DID YOU FOLLOW HIS TEACHING ACCORDING TO THE PROOF ABOVE? MUSLIM OBEY HIS TEACHING MORE THAN CHRISTIAN
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Abdulsalam20(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

WHEN GOD SAY WHOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM THEN SIMPLY WHAT GOD IS TELLING YOU IS THAT WHOEVER FOLLOW HIS TEACHING AND NOT WHOEVER WORSHIP HIM WHEN JESUS SAY I AM THE WAY AND THE LIGHT WHOEVER FOLLOW ME SHALL NEVER GO ASTRAY THINK OF IT HE IS NOT SAYING WHOEVE WORSHIP HIM WHAT HE MEAN IS THAT WHOEVER FOLLOW HIS TEACHING DID YOU FOLLOW HIS TEACHING ACCORDING TO THE PROOF ABOVE? MUSLIM OBEY HIS TEACHING MORE THAN CHRISTIAN
. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter
into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my
Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day,
Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy
name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many
wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never
knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore
whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I
will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a
rock”

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

Your insinuation from the above state verse clearly indicates that God and Jesus are two different people.
And whoever believes in Jesus shall be saved was said in the bible, I believe in Jesus and believe in the pure Gospel which was sent to him so I would be saved by Gods grace. I don't worship Jesus but God.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Joshtos: 12:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Abdulsalam20: @ onyeEGO dont let your pastors be decieving you..........there is only one GOD and also jesus is a prophet
esus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity
One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? [s]The major difference between
Islam and Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh)[/s] In your first antagonistic outline, you also did accept Jesus is a Son of God . A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus
(pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or
where he says, "worship me" Christians don't worship Jesus. They believe dey can reach God through him. We worship God but follow Jesus footsteps in terms of his holy life and his teachings and that of others who believe in him and point us towards the right direction. [s]In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary[/s]. The following
statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):
(i)"My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]
(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29]
(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]
(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
[The Bible, Luke 11:20]
(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which
hath sent me."
[The Bible, John 5:30] If Jesus had said he was greater than God and that he can do things without God empowering Him when he was just like any other human being, he would have being another "guru maraji". The scriptures above shows signs of
HUMILITY and His SUBMISSIVENESS to God. Come to think of it, IF A PRINCE IS SENT BY THE KING TO REPRESENT HIM AND ON GETTING THERE, HE STARTS CLAIMING HIS SUPERIOR TO THE KING AND THAT THE DONATIONS THE KING WANNA MAKE IS ON HIS OWN ACCORD, WILL HE BE ACCEPTED AS A BONAFIDE CHILD OR AS A BASTARD?

2. The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law
Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the
previous Judaic law.
(That is clearly just ONE of his missions) This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth
pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven;
but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the
kingdom of heaven."
[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20] What about the other scriptures?
[b]God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them! -- John 3:17
"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners." This saying is true, and it can be trusted. I was the worst sinner of all! -- 1 Timothy 1:15
God sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. We saw his Son and are now telling others about him. -- 1 John 4:14
God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others. -- 2 Corinthians 5:18
No one is really willing to die for an honest person, though someone might be willing to die for a truly good person. But God showed how much he loved us by having Christ die for us, even though we were sinful. But there is more! Now that God has accepted us because Christ sacrificed his life's blood, we will also be kept safe from God's anger. Even when we were God's enemies, he made peace with us, because his Son died for us. Yet something even greater than friendship is ours. Now that we are at peace with God, we will be saved by his Son's life. And in addition to everything else, we are happy because God sent our Lord Jesus Christ to make peace with us. -- Romans 5:7-11
Just as we will die because of Adam, we will be raised to life because of Christ. Adam brought death to all of us, and Christ will bring life to all of us. -- 1 Corinthians 15:21-22
And you gave him power over all people, so that he would give eternal life to everyone you give him. Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent. I have brought glory to you here on earth by doing everything you gave me to do. -- John 17:2-4
Everything and everyone that the Father has given me will come to me, and I won't turn any of them away. I didn't come from heaven to do what I want! I came to do what the Father wants me to do. He sent me, and he wants to make certain that none of the ones he has given me will be lost. Instead, he wants me to raise them to life on the last day. My Father wants everyone who sees the Son to have faith in him and to have eternal life. Then I will raise them to life on the last day. -- John 6:37-40
And God was pleased for him to make peace by sacrificing his blood on the cross, so that all beings in heaven and on earth would be brought back to God. You used to be far from God. Your thoughts made you his enemies, and you did evil things. But his Son became a human and died. So God made peace with you, and now he lets you stand in his presence as people who are holy and faultless and innocent. -- Colossians 1:20-22
Christ has made peace between Jews and Gentiles, and he has united us by breaking down the wall of hatred that separated us. Christ gave his own body to destroy the Law of Moses with all its rules and commands. He even brought Jews and Gentiles together as though we were only one person, when he united us in peace. On the cross Christ did away with our hatred for each other. He also made peace between us and God by uniting Jews and Gentiles in one body. -- Ephesians 2:14-16
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

To firmly introduce the knowing quality which is what he represents to each of us, and to teach how to reach for the Christ consciousness in each of us

The mission of Jesus was to make everyone happy and live in a world where we are all equal.
Jesus was God in man form. He realized his children needed a living breathing flesh and bone man to walk with them and teach by example the right way to live and the way to return to their creator, him. God also had laws, one of which was if sins were committed, a sacrifice of an animal would have to be made. Jesus was that sacrifice for all mankind. That is why he is referred to as the lamb of God. To summarize, Jesus came to earth to teach and die, so that you would live.

Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost.

Matthew 5:18: For verily I (Jesus)say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and s hall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. (Jesus) Answer John 10:10 (King James Version)
10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jesus came to give abundant life. This is further described in the start of the Gospel of John. Since Jesus is Himself the creator of life, He knows all about it. The light He brought is something that clearly demonstrates who He is and also reveals the wickedness and deceptions of people, which leads them into spiritual darkness and death. John 1:1-4
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 2 Timothy 1:10
10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Answer
Jesus Christ, the son of a living God. Who came to earth through an earthly mother and whose father was God.
His mission while here upon the earth was to bring to pass the immortality and eternal live of all mankind.
He taught us how to live by His example, and by His teachings. He taught "As I have loved you, love one another". The King James Bible says his mission was to seek and to save sinners, and to give His life to pay for their sins. Luke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." Matthew 20:28 "Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
Jesus Christ is the only son of god , he came to die on the cross for our sins, so that we could have salvation.[/b] Did you read that well or with hypocrisy

3. God Sent Jesus' (pbuh). Nobody said he sent himself.
The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus (pbuh) mission in the following verses:
(i)"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
[The Bible, John 14:24]
(ii)"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
[The Bible, John 17:3]
4. Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity
Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:
"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’
And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
That is not the full scripture. To get it, quote it in all; 16 ¶And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]
[s]Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that
Jesus (pbuh) would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed striking to
note the difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Christian dogma of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh)[/s]. Note the part in italics.
5. Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God. We never said he sent himself and i don't disagree with you guys about that
The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.
"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by
him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."
[The Bible, Acts 2:22]
6. The First Commandment is that God is One
The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of
all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."
This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]
It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the
Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any
suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.
Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God.
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.
III) Concept of God in Old Testament:
1. God is One
The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]
2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah
The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:
(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]
(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]. John 1:1 says that “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says that “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased the church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!
3. Old Testament condemns idol worship
(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the
water under the earth:"
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]
(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:
"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."
"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water
beneath the earth."
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9] CHRISTIANS ALSO CONDEMN IDOL WORSHIP. WE BELIEVE IN THE SCRIPTURES YOU QUOTED ABOVE. IF YOU MEAN JESUS BY "IDOL" THEN, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. I AS A PERSON DON'T WORSHIP JESUS PICTURES, FRAMES OR GRAVEN IMAGE.
[s]DONT LET YOUR PASTORS DECEIVE YOU THEY ARE ANTICHRIST[/s] MY PASTORS ARE NOT DECEIVING ME BUT SHOWING ME THE RIGHT PATH WITH THE BIBLE AS MY GUARDIAN.
IF YOU CAN PROVE ME WRONG I WILL CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY NOW AM EXPECTING YOU TO CONVERT wink
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by addempsea(m): 3:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Christainity came only about because of a girl that lied that she was a virgin.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 6:02am On Sep 16, 2014
kimond101:

Your insinuation from the above state verse clearly indicates that God and Jesus are two different people.
And whoever believes in Jesus shall be saved was said in the bible, I believe in Jesus and believe in the pure Gospel which was sent to him so I would be saved by Gods grace. I don't worship Jesus but God.

Sorry, the gospel is not a thing or a collection of books, gospel means good news
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 6:48am On Sep 16, 2014
fortran12:

Sorry, the gospel is not a thing or a collection of books, gospel means good news

Gospel is the right word. Gospel of Jesus Christ means teaching or revelation of Christ.

gospel/ˈgɒsp(ə)l/
noun
the teaching or revelation of Christ.
the record of Christ's life and teaching in the first four books of the New Testament.

The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books"wink is a canonical collection of texts sacred in Judaism and Christianity. There is no single "Bible" and many Bibles with varying contents exist.[1] The term Bible is shared between Judaism and Christianity, although the contents of each of their collections of canonical texts is not the same.

Reference: dictionary and wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Abdulsalam20(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=Joshtos][/quote] ; u are busted u cant prove me wrong grin did u even know what is idol worshiping it is not until u bow for ogun or sango idolatory is simply the act of associating partner with GOD and u recent christian claim god is 3 and jesus is lord u turn a prophet to GOD
Matthew 21:11 And the crowds were saying, "This is the
prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee."
jesus IS A PROPHET NOT GOD BUT IF U BELIEVE U ARE ON THE RIGHT PART U CAN CONTINUE GOD KNOWS BEST

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by MightySparrow: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Both.

I once posted a thread about the monopoly of Christians visitors to heaven and hell. I remember asking NLders to share experiences especially if you belong to other religions other than Christianity. Only one OP responded claiming to be an Eckist who claimed to be a regular visitor to heaven.

I submit therefore, there are different heavens for different peoples.
In the passage quoted Jesus said he was the way to His Father not heaven.

Muslims heaven as described by Mohammed is different from Christians and Exist.

All of us are going somewhere after all, the places may not be the same.
My opinion.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
kimond101:

Gospel is the right word. Gospel of Jesus Christ means teaching or revelation of Christ.

gospel/ˈgɒsp(ə)l/
noun
the teaching or revelation of Christ.
the record of Christ's life and teaching in the first four books of the New Testament.

The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books"wink is a canonical collection of texts sacred in Judaism and Christianity. There is no single "Bible" and many Bibles with varying contents exist.[1] The term Bible is shared between Judaism and Christianity, although the contents of each of their collections of canonical texts is not the same.

Reference: dictionary and wikipedia

You still missed it. Why dint you translate the word gospel to greek since u know it is not of english origin.
The word gospel is of greek origin,from the word evangelion which means good news. You can google the word to confirm
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
Abdulsalam20: ; u are busted u cant prove me wrong grin did u even know what is idol worshiping it is not until u bow for ogun or sango idolatory is simply the act of associating partner with GOD and u recent christian claim god is 3 and jesus is lord u turn a prophet to GOD
Matthew 21:11 And the crowds were saying, "This is the
prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee."
jesus IS A PROPHET NOT GOD BUT IF U BELIEVE U ARE ON THE RIGHT PART U CAN CONTINUE GOD KNOWS BEST
Because the people called him prophet did not mean they were right. What did he call himself? And what did his followers call him? - thou art the christ (messiah) son of the living God
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
fortran12:
You still missed it. Why dint you translate the word gospel to greek since u know it is not of english origin.
The word gospel is of greek origin,from the word evangelion which means good news. You can google the word to confirm

Whatever your definition of Gospel is, it still remains that was what Jesus brought to the people of Isreal and not the Bible.
So I believe in the Gospel of Jesus in its pure form.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
kimond101:

Whatever your definition of Gospel is, it still remains that was what Jesus brought to the people of Isreal and not the Bible.
So I believe in the Gospel of Jesus in its pure form.
Ok if i may ask what gospel 'good news' did Jesus bring?
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
fortran12:
Ok if i may ask what gospel 'good news' did Jesus bring?

The same good news that Abraham brought to his people and his father, that worship God alone and do not ascribe partners with him and obey his commandment so that you'll be successful both in this world and the hereafter.
The same good news Moses brought to Pharoah and his people, worship God alone and do not ascribe partners with him and obey his commandment so that you'll be successful both in this world and the hereafter.
Is the same good news Jesus Christ the Messiah brought.

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
kimond101:

The same good news that Abraham brought to his people and his father, that worship God alone and do not ascribe partners with him and obey his commandment so that you'll be successful both in this world and the hereafter.
The same good news Moses brought to Pharoah and his people, worship God alone and do not ascribe partners with him and obey his commandment so that you'll be successful both in this world and the hereafter.
Is the same good news Jesus Christ the Messiah brought.
That was nt the good news Jesus brought, read the words of Jesus from the bible n know what it is. Jesus came to redeem man to God, thats the good news.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by malvisguy212: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Abdulsalam20: WHEN GOD SAY WHOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM THEN SIMPLY WHAT GOD IS TELLING YOU IS THAT WHOEVER FOLLOW HIS TEACHING AND NOT WHOEVER WORSHIP HIM WHEN JESUS SAY I AM THE WAY AND THE LIGHT WHOEVER FOLLOW ME SHALL NEVER GO ASTRAY THINK OF IT HE IS NOT SAYING WHOEVE WORSHIP HIM WHAT HE MEAN IS THAT WHOEVER FOLLOW HIS TEACHING DID YOU FOLLOW HIS TEACHING ACCORDING TO THE PROOF ABOVE? MUSLIM OBEY HIS TEACHING MORE THAN CHRISTIAN
if you believe in jesus, go to your mosque and shout jesus, even the devil believe'in jesus.you say you follow the teaching of jesus, can you call God father?hypocrite muslims.quran 29:27 say all prophethood aare to come'frome isaac and jecob. This mean muhammad is a false prophet.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
fortran12:
That was nt the good news Jesus brought, read the words of Jesus from the bible n know what it is. Jesus came to redeem man to God, thats the good news.

That means Jesus and God are two different people. The thing is this, if God wanted everyone to enter paradise it costs him nothing since he created us all. This life is a test for us all and the ability to distinguish between right and wrong has been naturally given to us. And the ability to call upon and thank our creator alone has been given to us.
Cause man was created forgetful that's why God decided to send different messengers to call us back to the right path.
Natural insinct should tell you that not everybody in the world knows about Jesus during the time of Jesus but yet people still worshipped God at that time. That doesn't make them people of hellfire.
To qualify for being a heaven candidate 'Worship God alone without ascribing partners with him and obey his commandment'. And it's the mercy of God that would make you enter.

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
kimond101:

That means Jesus and God are two different people. The thing is this, if God wanted everyone to enter paradise it costs him nothing since he created us all. This life is a test for us all and the ability to distinguish between right and wrong has been naturally given to us. And the ability to call upon and thank our creator alone has been given to us.
Cause man was created forgetful that's why God decided to send different messengers to call us back to the right path.
Natural insinct should tell you that not everybody in the world knows about Jesus during the time of Jesus but yet people still worshipped God at that time. That doesn't make them people of hellfire.
To qualify for being a heaven candidate 'Worship God alone without ascribing partners with him and obey his commandment'. And it's the mercy of God that would make you enter.
This world is bound by laws, God said without the sheddin of blood there is no remission of sins, this is why Jesus came, to save ppl from their sins.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
fortran12:
This world is bound by laws, God said without the sheddin of blood there is no remission of sins, this is why Jesus came, to save ppl from their sins.

God doesn't need bloodshed before he commands. All he needs to do is say 'Be' and it is.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
kimond101:

God doesn't need bloodshed before he commands. All he needs to do is say 'Be' and it is.

God is not a magician, and also not a genie that can grant all wishes.
The life of a living creature is found in it's blood. Blood represents life. When a life was taken, and it's blood shed as a sacrifice, it represented new life for another. It made atonement for their soul (same verse), that is why without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.
The blood of animals are not it any more cos they just cover the sins, but Jesus blood cleans the sins cos in this case, the sacrifice is greater than the sin.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
John 3:18
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 6:55am On Sep 17, 2014
fortran12:

God is not a magician, and also not a genie that can grant all wishes.
The life of a living creature is found in it's blood. Blood represents life. When a life was taken, and it's blood shed as a sacrifice, it represented new life for another. It made atonement for their soul (same verse), that is why without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.
The blood of animals are not it any more cos they just cover the sins, but Jesus blood cleans the sins cos in this case, the sacrifice is greater than the sin.

What I believe is this:
Jesus is the word of God because he was born miraculously without no father. Be and he is. Same was the creation of Adam.

Jesus spoke from the cradle to defend his mother and tell the people that he is a messenger of God.

Jesus performed different miracles by God permission.

When they tried to kill Jesus. God raised him to himself as made it seem as if they killed Jesus.
Because Deuteronomy 21:22-23 If someone guilty of a capital offense is put to death and their body is exposed on a pole, you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God's curse. You must not desecrate the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.
And Jesus can never be cursed.

Jesus is coming back and his coming is part of the end times signs. He is a muslim and would defeat the anti-christ and correct the belives of those who worship him instead of worshipping God. He would marry and die cause every soul shall taste death.

Knowing the power of God should make you realise that we are not his only creation. He can do and undo. Create and uncreate. It doesn't cost him anything to wipe us all out. And it doesn't cost him anything to make us all of one religion. But when a teacher has giving his student and open book test. He just watches and observe what decision we are going to make.
When God created Adam he told the angels to prostrate to him. They all did except Satan who was part of the Jinnkind. God asked him why he refused to prostrate, he said because God create Adam from clay and him from fire. So because of his arrogance God made him cursed. But he sought respite from God till the day of ressurection and God granted it. He then said since God made him accursed he would stand on the straight path and led people astray. And God said as many people that follow you I will fill in hell and as many people that come back to me I would forgive them.
God doesn't fail him his promise, that's why not everybody can enter paradise. May God forgive us all and guide us to the straight path and make us receive the mercy of God to qualify us as people of paradise.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:56am On Sep 17, 2014
kimond101:

What I believe is this:
Jesus is the word of God because he was born miraculously without no father. Be and he is. Same was the creation of Adam.

Jesus spoke from the cradle to defend his mother and tell the people that he is a messenger of God.

When they tried to kill Jesus. God raised him to himself as made it seem as if they killed Jesus.
Because Deuteronomy 21:22-23 If someone guilty of a capital offense is put to death and their body is exposed on a pole, you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God's curse. You must not desecrate the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

Jesus is coming back and his coming is part of the end times signs. He is a muslim and would defeat the anti-christ and correct the belives of those who worship him instead of worshipping God. He would marry and die cause every soul shall taste death.

Knowing the power of God should make you realise that we are not his only creation. He can do and undo. Create and uncreate. It doesn't cost him anything to wipe us all out. And it doesn't cost him anything to make us all of one religion. But when a teacher has giving his student and open book test. He just watches and observe what decision we are going to make.
When God created Adam he told the angels to prostrate to him. They all did except Satan who was part of the Jinnkind. God asked him why he refused to prostrate, he said because God create Adam from clay and him from fire. So because of his arrogance God made him cursed. But he sought respite from God till the day of ressurection and God granted it. He then said since God made him accursed he would stand on the straight path and led people astray. And God said as many people that follow you I will fill in hell and as many people that come back to me I would forgive them.
God doesn't fail him his promise, that's why not everybody can enter paradise. May God forgive us all and guide us to the straight path and make us receive the mercy of God to qualify us as people of paradise.

God forgive u sir for twarting the truth there is no double standard to salvation... U applying ur human wisdom... Did God ask for ur opinion on man redemption or anytin partaining salvation?... Sir u need believe in Christ
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

God forgive u sir for twarting the truth there is no double standard to salvation... U applying ur human wisdom... Did God ask for ur opinion on man redemption or anytin partaining salvation?... Sir u need believe in Christ

Cause I'm telling you the history behind why satan is always chasing us from all angles you are saying I'm applying wisdom? God created both angels and the satan that disturb most of us. God created good and evil. This life is a test and the sooner you realise that the better.
And for your information I believe in Jesus Christ and his gospel same way I believe in all the men of God that came before Christ. And I also follow the teaching of Christ to the best of my ability. The only thing is I don't do is worship Jesus cause he is a creation like you and I. I worship GOD alone. The God of Abraham, Moses, Jacob, David, Noah, Jesus, Mohammed is who is worship.
Cause you have to programmed to believe something right from your childhood doesn't mean it's the truth. Seeking knowledge its mandatory. Open your horizon and think fundamentally and research yourself with an open mind.
The truth stands clear from falsehood and Amen may God forgive us all.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by kimond101: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
malvisguy212: if you believe in jesus, go to your mosque and shout jesus, even the devil believe'in jesus.you say you follow the teaching of jesus, can you call God father?hypocrite muslims.quran 29:27 say all prophethood aare to come'frome isaac and jecob. This mean muhammad is a false prophet.

وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُۥٓ إِسْحَٰقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَجَعَلْنَا فِى ذُرِّيَّتِهِ ٱلنُّبُوَّةَ وَٱلْكِتَٰبَ وَءَاتَيْنَٰهُ أَجْرَهُۥ فِى ٱلدُّنْيَا ۖ وَإِنَّهُۥ فِى ٱلْءَاخِرَةِ لَمِنَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ
And We bestowed on him [Ibrahim (Abraham)], Ishaque (Isaac) and Ya`qub (Jacob), and ordained among his offspring Prophethood and the Book [i.e. the Taurat (Torah) (to Musa - Moses), the Injeel (Gospel) (to `Iesa - Jesus), the Quran (to Muhammad SAW), all from the offspring of Ibrahim (Abraham)], and We granted him his reward in this world, and verily, in the Hereafter he is indeed among the righteous.
29:27
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by malvisguy212: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
kimond101:

وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُۥٓ إِسْحَٰقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَجَعَلْنَا فِى ذُرِّيَّتِهِ ٱلنُّبُوَّةَ وَٱلْكِتَٰبَ وَءَاتَيْنَٰهُ أَجْرَهُۥ فِى ٱلدُّنْيَا ۖ وَإِنَّهُۥ فِى ٱلْءَاخِرَةِ لَمِنَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ
And We bestowed on him [Ibrahim (Abraham)], Ishaque (Isaac) and Ya`qub (Jacob), and ordained among his offspring Prophethood and the Book [i.e. the Taurat (Torah) (to Musa - Moses), the Injeel (Gospel) (to `Iesa - Jesus), the Quran (to Muhammad SAW), all from the offspring of Ibrahim (Abraham)], and We granted him his reward in this world, and verily, in the Hereafter he is indeed among the righteous.
29:27
according to this verse, all prophet are to come through the descendant of isaac and jacob.God say the convenant he promise to abraham is EVERLASTING (FOREVER) no prophet are to come through ishmeal instead because he was the son of abraham God made him a great nation but the prophethood are to come through isaac and jacob.

You say allah give jesus the gospel.if it not the gospel we have now, provide the gospel let compared it with the one we have now.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Rilwayne001: 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Muslims are sure not going to heaven, rather they are going to Aljanat-Firdauos (paradise).

Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 54:
[In such a paradise the blest will dwell,] reclin­ing upon carpets lined with rich brocade; and the fruit of both these gardens will be within easy reach.

You guys can cling to your heaven.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by fortran12: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
kimond101:

What I believe is this:

what is the source of the text above?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Man Bless God ? / Some Of Satan's Tricks To Get Us To Lose Faith In Christ Jesus / Occult! Occult!! Occult!!! Call +2348025953593 To Join Secret Society For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.