Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,845 members, 7,862,770 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso (892 Views)

Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / Fayose Harbours Thugs In Government House Who Rob And Kidnap At Night – APC / B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l Kwakwanso Buhari Fight Dirty, As Buhari Re-directs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 15, 2014
The Governor of Kano State, Rabiu Kwakwanso, yesterday lambasted the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), saying that the party was harbouring failed politicians yet harassing the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) and accusing its members unjustly of corruption.
Kwakwanso also said his joining the PDP in 1998 was a wrong decision as he found himself with people he did not share the same ideology with.
He added that “all we wanted in 1998 was ensure that the military leaves the political scene.”
Speaking during an interactive session with journalists in Benin City where he said he came to felicitate with the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, on his 80th birthday and also meet with the 250 students from Kano State schooling at the Igbinedion University, the governor said Nigeria needed a quality leader with the political will to steer her ship in view of the myriads of problems of Boko Haram insurgency, kidnappings, and other various challenges, a character he said was lacking within the PDP-led federal government.
Kwakwanso, who said he was still consulting whether to declare to run for the presidency of the country by 2015, said contrary to speculation, there was no link between the Sharia he introduced in his first term as governor of Kano and the Boko Haram insurgency.
“What many people don’t understand is there was penal code, most of the what was in the Sharia as started by the Zamfara State government at that particular time was in the penal code. As far as I remember, we were able to approach Sharia on the basis of how we understand it but from my understanding of the situation I have not see any relationship between the Sharia that was launched in the state at that particular time and what is happening today in the northeast, I have not seen it.
“What is happening today, is something we must join hands, at least on this issue with the Commander-in-Chief, with support for our ministry and other security agencies to defeat them but we also appeal to the federal government itself to mobilise all the resources at its disposal, both human and material resources to ensure that there is peace in the North-east.”
He said he was shocked at the embarrassment the Nigerian armed forces are facing to check the scourge of insurgency because “As at the time I was leaving the Ministry of Defence after about four years, I believe that I left a military that was well trained, a military that was loyal to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a military that was competent and committed to the defence of the territorial integrity of Nigeria.”
I am surprised, in fact shocked of what is happening today. I wasn’t expecting it and I am not sure if anybody was expecting it... the Nigerian military has been bright to all of us not only in this country even our performances across the continent of Africa, something probably went wrong I am sure in the near future, all these fact probably are likely to come out but the reality of the matter is the government must stand up, it has to be serious.
The leadership of the country today is not competent, people have been saying it and that is the reason in my own opinion why we have so many issues that are not being resolved including the issue of security in this country and unless we have a very powerful and strong leadership that can stand...we saw what happened during out time between 1999 and 2003, 2003 to 2007, I don’t think anybody can contemplate bringing this kind of mess to this country because the Commander-in-Chief then was the Commander-in-Chief. He was ready to come out and deal with anybody according to the law of the land if he tries to bring such a thing that we are seeing today in this country. It is not good for anybody.”
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Adindupeter: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2014
He is saying the exact opposite

1 Like

Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by DonaldGenes(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2014
Was waiting to see names being mentioned along and therefore; he's hereby red carded

One more thing, where is Gov Danbaba Sunta?

Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2014
DonaldGenes: Was waiting to see names being mentioned along and therefore; he's hereby red carded

One more thing, where is Gov Danbaba Sunta?
Lolz the poor man is under some mind control program. They've taken over his brain and well-being. Sunta is history. Hopes he gets well soon tho but Umar Garba is ready.
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Caseless: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2014
When a working govno like kwankwaso speaks, u'd feel like shifting the election back from feb 2015 to october 2014 becos of the desire to kick out that cluelessly hat-capped creché president .

2 Likes

Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Caseless: When a working govno like kwankwaso speaks, u'd feel like shifting the election back from feb 2015 to october 2014 becos of the desire to kick out that cluelessly hat-capped creché president .
I can't wait.
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Djicemob: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
But he was a member of PDP. #FunnyPolititians

1 Like

Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Caseless: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Afghanistan:
I can't wait.
i'm praying and working to see pdp fail. I'm eager too.
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by ba7man(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
If you disagree with him, pls mention 5 Politicians in PDP known for their leadership skills.

NB: The ex PDP Politicians poached by APC don't count.
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Rijes: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
ba7man: If you disagree with him, pls mention 5 Politicians in PDP known for their leadership skills.

NB: The ex PDP Politicians poached by APC don't count.
#atiku
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by ba7man(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
Rijes:
#atiku
Ewwww.....tho I'm an APC guy but that guy gives me d creeps.

Desperation stinks all over him.
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by philantoxx(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
and PDP once harboured him..meaning he was once a failed politician,or still is.
Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by chinasaekperem: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
No politician in africa is such a failure than buhari. Buhari's serial failure should get an oscar award.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Harbours Failed Politicians, Says Kwakwanso by Rijes: 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
ba7man: Ewwww.....tho I'm an APC guy but that guy gives me d creeps.

Desperation stinks all over him.
Ok

(1) (Reply)

2015: Balewa’s Son Challenges Jonathan / Good News,,,,some Abducted Chibok Girls Released – Defence Headquarters / Photos From Independence Day Celebration In Abuja (see GEJ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.