Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? (784 Views)

Successful Business Models - Church Business In Nigeria / How To Avoid Problems With Partnerships / You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by spicyv1(f): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
It is a question. How come we can't have it in Nigeria? Developed economies thrive through partnership.

I have the idea, another has the technical skills and another the finance. Why can't we just come together and make it work? It would be great, unemployment would drastically reduce and our economy would thrive more.
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by disc20: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
@spicyv1 You've raised a nice question there. I want to ask you. Can we do business together?
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Partnerships are like marriages,that need a prenuptial agreement,understanding and tangible value brought to the table by the partners
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by Anthrophile(m): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Partnership in business is very good for the hawkish partner but bad for the dovish one. One may not know who is who in the pioneering period of the business but when the venture becomes prosperous, A partner will want to take all the stake.
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by spicyv1(f): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2014
tooltip: Partnerships are like marriages,that need a prenuptial agreement,understanding and tangible value brought to the table by the partners

Okay, so why can't we have it then?
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by spicyv1(f): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Anthrophile: Partnership in business is very good for the hawkish partner but bad for the dovish one. One may not know who is who in the pioneering period of the business but when the venture becomes prosperous, A partner will want to take all the stake.

Even when proper measures have been taken? And a clear MOU drawn up?
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by spicyv1(f): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2014
disc20: @spicyv1 You've raised a nice question there. I want to ask you. Can we do business together?

Thank you. Depends on what you are offering.
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 16, 2014
spicyv1:

Okay, so why can't we have it then?
because most often we focus on short-term gains than the future of the business(long term growth),its possible to have a functional partnership,with the right vision,culture and system in place..we can have it,think Gtbank..
Re: How To Have Successful Business Partnerships? by Anthrophile(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
spicyv1:

Even when proper measures have been taken? And a clear MOU drawn up?
MOU can be circumvented, Lawyer(s) can become partisan and a partner can be assasinated. From what I have seen and heard, I cannot do partnership with anyone. It is either sole proprietorship or I buy stocks of a PLC.

(1) (Reply)

Multi-functional Electric Lunch Box / Paradigm Group Importation / NNPC Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.