Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,911 members, 7,863,144 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:12 PM

You Can Get Funding Support To Start Your Business Or Support Your Project - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Can Get Funding Support To Start Your Business Or Support Your Project (797 Views)

Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business / I Need Partners Or Support / I Need Partners Or Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Get Funding Support To Start Your Business Or Support Your Project by gastrobaba: 2:16am On Oct 05, 2014
One of the latest buzzwords woven through websites is “crowdfunding”. Crowdfunding is the financing of projects by many people and/or organizations, usually via the internet and its social media outlets.

Crowdfunding isn’t an inherently new idea: people have been raising funds from friends, family and colleagues for their projects since the advent of currency. The internet’s new social media dimension allows people to raise money not only from thos e in their personal network, but people they haven’t ever met.

There are two types of crowdfunding: donation crowdfunding, which allows funds to be contributed in any amount, often for a reward or perk at a benchmark-level of donation, and investment crowdfunding, which returns equity in a business or project to the funder so the investors can potentially earn a return on their investment.

The internet is replete with crowdfunding sites where potential investors can browse projects and causes needing funds. The wealthy grandfather of them all is Kickstarter, which has brought more than $750,000 to some projects. Kickstarter is not for every need, however: projects on kickstarter must be creative in nature. Kickstarter has become an effective underwriter of many fine art initiatives while public funding for the arts is languishing.

Crowdfunder marries business interests with corporate responsibility, helping only businesses whose product has a socially responsible goal. These businesses can create products or services, and technology startups that are socially conscious can apply too.

Crowdrise specializes in charitable donations. If you don’t want gifts for your birthday or wedding for example, you can create a Crowdrise page requesting that your well - wishers make donations online to your favorite cause or charity.

If you’re trying to get a technology project or business funded, check it out at www.ebusiness9ja.com or call me on 08162426085

1 Like

Re: You Can Get Funding Support To Start Your Business Or Support Your Project by chris23: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
I need full knowlegde on how I can access this funds myself thanks. 08064708801, chrisdubem@gmail.com
Re: You Can Get Funding Support To Start Your Business Or Support Your Project by ssolaoye: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2018
Do you have a lucrative business idea you want to finance in Nigeria? These are the most ranked crowdfunding websites in Nigeria for business owners and entrepreneurs.

https://invoice.ng/blog/best-crowdfunding-sites-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Eastern Distilleries And Food Industries Limited / 250 Online Marketers Needed / Who Will Rule The Oil Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.