Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport (3598 Views)

Passengers Across The Federation Stranded At Airport Due To NATC Strike / Nigeria's Elections: Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport / Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airports Over Increased Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Odeku(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
A Bangladeshi court has handed over an 11-year-old Nigerian boy to a charity after he was apparently deserted at the country's international airport.
Efforts by the authorities to locate the boy's guardians or parents have not so far been successful.

Aloysius Abacha told immigration officers at the airport that he arrived in the country on Sunday with his aunt while they were in transit to London.

But police say that they have failed to trace any such woman.

The boy was discovered at the arrival lounge of the busy airport by security guards, who handed him over to immigration officers.

Immigration officer Muntasirul Islam quoted him as saying that his aunt's name was Rosemary.

The boy told the officers that he was going with her to London because his parents lived there.

'A mystery'

"But we checked our CCTV footage which suggested that he came to the arrival lounge alone," Mr Islam told the BBC.

"The passenger lists of the flights that landed at the airport on that day included no such names.

"We have no clue as to how he came to Bangladesh. Everything surrounding him remains a mystery to us," he said.

The court in Dhaka said that the boy was being handed over to the Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association (BNWLA) with the aim of keeping him in safe custody.

"The condition of the boy seems to be alright, although he is a bit mentally traumatised because he knows no one in a foreign land," BNWLA spokeswoman Salma Ali said.

She said that while the circumstances of the boy's arrival in Dhaka were still being clarified, he was being treated as a "victim" and would be sympathetically dealt with.

THIS IS GETTING UGLY FOR NIGERIANS, Everything we read about Nigerians in the news this days are all bad. only God can save us

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5220490.stm
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by DRANOEL(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2006
alloysious abacha? aunt rosemary? that kid aint nigerian!
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Odeku(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2006
What is the Nigerian embassy In Bangladeshi responsibility ? the airline should be held accountable as well.  there are surveillance camera all over the airport and they have no clue how he got there, give me a break.
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by omonozozo(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2006
lol! cheesy
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Danmasani(m): 4:12am On Jul 28, 2006
DRANOEL:

Lol, highly supported. The whole thing sounds very shitty. Name is not even convincing at all. Probably some african tryn to pull a fast one on Naija.
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by lioness(f): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2006
I smell a rat,,,,,,,,, a huge rat at that.

Nothing beats nigerians. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Shentz(f): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2006
awwww, poor baby, MAy God be with him
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by malaika(f): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2006
::
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by smartsoft(m): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2006
you make me laugh, haven't you read in your mail that this scammers use names like abacha to scam people their money,  now what i'm trying to say is that i don't think that boy or girl or whatever his been called is a nigerian period,
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by D3n3n(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2006
smartsoft , but if he is a Nigerian kid we cld be looking at Child trafficing
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by twinkledew(f): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2006
Shocking. of all places to dump a child is in Bangladesh. SAD.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by jydon(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2006
D3n3n:

hey u might b right anyway tongue
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by drchic(f): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2006
the kid is not Nigerian. Alloysius Abacha? Puhleeeeze!
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Damest09(f): 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2006
The Nigeria embassy should investigate if the boy is a Nigerian or not and if he is, they should take full responsibility of the child.
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by soulpatrol(f): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2006
i suspect foul play!
kind of reminded me of the movie "flightplan" with jodie foster, where she was supposedly travelling with her daughter only to find out that the daughter was never on the plane with her, and they thought she was crazy and imagining things. spooky ehn?!
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by kelvin(m): 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2006
or maybe a new form of fraud
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by bobotee(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2006
Na wa o. I am short of words. The boy is lucky at least he is now a legal immigrant! but shame to Africa's giant for someone to abandon an eleven year old na real poverty. lipsrsealed
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by LiquidMind(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2006
Is this Nigerian magic ?? shocked
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Bigtee(m): 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2006
This case is a very shitty. In this case the Nigerian reputation is used here to paint us black.
Any way as for the abacha boy, they should send him to the remand home.
Naija is a Good country. No cheap scandal like this will change that
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by soulpatrol(f): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2006
must be abacha reincarnated cool
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by raldsfield(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2006
Where did you say the boy came from.

That boy is magic.

Am sure he got there by a spell.

No one knew how he got there, free traffic out of Africa.

No passport, No visa, that boy na magician oh! shocked
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by LoverBwoy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2006
so how does one travel to london en route bangladesh? undecided
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by exu(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2006
The key to a succesful rumour is to make it sound believable.

Lagos to London, via Dhaka?
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Oracle(m): 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2006
Itz a very funny story, the kind of thing you read in a novel,
i don't believe all this nonsense, if that boy really came with his aunt then the airport had everything to get her
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Brownsuga(f): 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2006
oooh, poor kid,
Why on earth would anyone wanna do that,

I hope them Bangals take good care of him and in the meantime Nigerian authorities
should be considering bringing the kid back to his family and land,
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by ToddTerry: 1:58am On Jul 29, 2006
very sad. poor boy. all the crazy responses. the boy is 11, sounds like human trafficking or slavery in bangladesh.
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by segedoo(m): 5:55am On Jul 29, 2006
poor kid.

but wetin nigerians dey go find 4 a fellow third world countrylike bangladesh?
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by omonozozo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2006
The boy is lucky at least he is now a legal immigrant! but shame to Africa's giant for someone to abandon an eleven year old na real poverty.
To buy ticket fly go London via Dhaka na poverty? I nor no how some people da think.
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by desiree(f): 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2006
Wonders shall never end, the boys name sounds phony undecided
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Rams(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2006
This story is just too baffling for numerous reasons. I am not saying anyone is lying but this is too weird.

1. The story does not mention where he arrived from.

2. If he was going "to London because his parents lived there," surely they can locate his family using his last name. There can't be that many Abachas in the U.K that asking each one becomes a problem.

3. How a woman forgets a child in an airport and doesn't call back frantically trying to get him back is suprising. She should have his ticket, passport, or something to prove she came with him. This is one of those things that an airport can be shut down for.

4. How can cameras in an international airport somehow miss his arrival?!

5. The boy doesn't have some sort of address, phone number or some contact to anyone any where in the world the authorities can start with?

wow, this is something that should have been resolved before it had time to get to the press, unless something fishy is going on.
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by Emax(m): 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2006
shocked Everything about the boy is a misery including being a Nigerian.

How do they come to know that the boy is from Nigeria without Passport and of course visa?
Re: Mystery Of Nigerian Boy Stranded At Bangladeshi Airport by tianshie(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2006
Alloysius Abacha sounds very phoney.why e no be agu mohammed?
if dem bend im hand small e go talk true tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get To Kiagbodo Town In Burutu LGA Delta State From Warri? / Ghana Diaries: My Experience Travelling To And Living In Ghana / Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.