Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World (3604 Views)

Moment Tourists Woke Up To 3 Lions Licking Water Off Their Tent In Botswana (vid / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 11, 2020
In this video we take a look at Sir Seretse Khama, the man that oversaw Botswana's transformation from to 2nd poorest country in the world to the fastest growing economy.

It is ranked as the least corrupt country in Africa and with GDP per capita of $18,558.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ASQU4vPGU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 11, 2020
Africa will rise again!Botswana will inspire other Africans countries to sit up.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 11, 2020
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by tritt(m): 2:50am On Apr 11, 2020
My brothers My brothers.......oya ohhh na Botswana we dey face now after Coro, after all we all dey Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 11, 2020
tritt:
My brothers My brothers.......oya ohhh na Botswana we dey face now after Coro, after all we all dey Africa.

This is when you realize that poverty and richness depends on the leaders.

1 Like

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 11, 2020
Nigerians should keep supporting their brainless and fantastically corrupt leaders who have made the country of the poverty capital of the world. While countries like Botswana leaves them behind.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by marshalcarter: 3:46am On Apr 11, 2020
Bostwana don commot for league sha...E remain 1 country like that wey fire catch office when dem demand proof for cash transactions ??...wey yeyebrities dey think say their followers broke ..wey one company talk say dem don use 1bil take send their citizens message to stay safe and dem no fit use the same means take transfer money to dem citizens account wey if dem wan do census..dem dey reach your house.. Knock for your domot...if NEPA wan cut light...dem go nearly enter your room but if dem wan share money for citizen...fire dey burn the money...wey their leaders prefer to buy latest Camry of $25000 but no fit buy isolators and other equipment for this disease for $15000....

Wetin local man get for the talk??
make we dey push dey go...
laslas we go dey alright � cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 11, 2020
marshalcarter:
Bostwana don commot for league sha...E remain 1 country like that wey fire catch office when dem demand proof for cash transactions ??...wey yeyebrities dey think say their followers broke ..wey one company talk say dem don use 1bil take send their citizens message to stay safe and dem no fit use the same means take transfer money to dem citizens account wey if dem wan do census..dem dey reach your house.. Knock for your domot...if NEPA wan cut light...dem go nearly enter your room but if dem wan share money for citizen...fire dey burn the money...wey their leaders prefer to buy latest Camry of $25000 but no fit buy isolators and other equipment for this disease for $15000....

Wetin local man get for the talk??
make we dey push dey go...
laslas we go dey alright � cheesy

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Lynx001: 6:37am On Apr 11, 2020
see botswana o. Very soon nigerians will soon be giving testimony on how they granted them rwandan,botswana,congo visa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2020
Lynx001:
see botswana o. Very soon nigerians will soon be giving testimony on how they granted them rwandan,botswana,congo visa
True talk, it is really hard now for Nigerians to immigrate legally to Rwanda,Botswana and Namibia. The only three African countries ruled by blacks with visionary leadership,that are advancing and leaving the rest of the continent behind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Petyprincess(f): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2020
While the audio Africa Giant ... Make i no talk cry

4 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2020
Petyprincess:
While the audio Africa Giant ... Make i no talk cry
angry
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 11, 2020
Key to success of any Nation is the education system. The education system is what trains the next generation of leaders in the political and business sector. Investing in science and technology will benefit any nation long-term.
BOTSWANA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY

4 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by odinga1of: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Key to success of any Nation is the education system. The education system is what trains the next generation of leaders in the political and business sector. Investing in science and technology will benefit any nation long-term.
BOTSWANA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY

OP how much will take me from Warri to Botswana?

Rent a room and live quietly.
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2020
odinga1of:

OP how much will take me from Warri to Botswana?

Rent a room and live quietly.

To school or to relocate permanently?
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by odinga1of: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

To school or to relocate permanently?

Permanetly Boss, this Warri go soon begin hot, this lockdown and Corona Virus' and cultist and armed robbers begin kill us finish, make I Japa
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
odinga1of:

Permanetly Boss, this Warri go soon begin hot, this lockdown and Corona Virus' and cultist and armed robbers begin kill us finish, make I Japa
That is why my family relocated from Warri 10 years ago. They kidnapped my father and held him for a week, before he was rescued by the police. The only time I realized the Nigerian police can actually be effective.

I only know the cost for University is around 2-3 million naira with tuition, accomodation and flight included. Not to sure about making a permanent move. I don't think there are many Nigerians that have moved them permanently, so it must be hard.
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Botswana has diamond.
Botswana has diamond..
Botswana has diamond...

And they used it well

Botswana has a burgeoning leather industry in Africa. It's a national pride for them

And they used it well. God bless Botswana..

7 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
Peterjosh:
Botswana has Gold.
Botswana has Gold..
Botswana has Gold...

And they used it well

Botswana has a burgeoning leather industry in Africa. It's a national pride for them

Reminds me of the story of "Parable of the Talents" in the Bible. One servant invested the money God blessed his land with (Botswana) and doubled the value of the property with which they were entrusted and the other servant (Nigeria),decides to hide the money and not put it to good use.

4 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Reminds me of the story of "Parable of the talents" in the bible. One servant invested the money God blessed his land with(Botswana) and doubled the value of the property with which they were entrusted and the other servant (Nigeria) servant decides to hide the money and not put it to good use.

Apt

1 Like

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Ersteajax: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
Peterjosh:
Botswana has Gold.
Botswana has Gold..
Botswana has Gold...

And they used it well

Botswana is a place to visit , dont think of relocating there permanently. They are more zenophobic than South Africa. its better to use your hard earned cash and do business in Warri or find better country go. You cant survive in Botswana if you cant speak Tshwana; they can speak good english but dont like speaking it.

4 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ersteajax:

Botswana is a place to visit , dont think of relocating there permanently. They are more zenophobic than South Africa. its better to use your hard earned cash and do business in Warri or find better country go. You cant survive in Botswana if you cant speak Tshwana; they can speak good english but dont like speaking it.

Lol. I am not planning to relocate. Why quoting me?
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
Peterjosh:

Lol. I am not planning to relocate. Why quoting me?
I think he was trying to quite Odinga1of , who was thinking of relocating to Botswana.

1 Like

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I think he was trying to quite Odinga1of , who was thinking of relocating to Botswana.

Yeah.. I understand.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by TMKsouth: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Peterjosh:
Botswana has Gold.
Botswana has Gold..
Botswana has Gold....

U mean diamonds?

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
TMKsouth:

U mean diamonds?
That was a bad miss. Yes diamond.. how did i miss??

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ersteajax:

We have to try and fix our country. We cannot continue to be humiliated in China,South Africa,Ghana,Botswana and other countries in the world.

1 Like

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Ersteajax: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

We have to try and fix our country. We cannot continue to be humiliated in China,South Africa,Ghana,Botswana and other countries in the world.

Yes, we have to fix our country but the problem lies with the gerontocratic leaders and our individual greedy mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by odinga1of: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

That is why my family relocated from Warri 10 years ago. They kidnapped my father and held him for a week, before he was rescued by the police. The only time I realized the Nigerian police can actually be effective.

I only know the cost for University is around 2-3 million naira with tuition, accomodation and flight included. Not to sure about making a permanent move. I don't think there are many Nigerians that have moved them permanently, so it must be hard.

Oniovo u be area? Na wa, u see life.

So if not school, I can't go there permanently?

jokeharry/jayharry that's my Instagram or Twitter handle, we need to rub mind Oniovo.

This boys for Warri go soon start. I know what am talking.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Hadampson(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigerians are not ready yet but one day Nigeria will definitely get it right i believe
Re: Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World by Hadampson(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
My most preferred African country cool
Botswana and Rwanda are always on the good side of the news, the country is not perfect but is doing better than some countries in Africa.

Subomi007, how far bro tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don Japa Ooo Nigerian Lady / Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace / Is Scanned Letter Of Invitation Frm Germany Acceptable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.