Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,422 members, 7,819,518 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State (34589 Views)

Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) / How Two Soldiers Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / 6 Persons Missing, 3 Soldiers Injured In Ambush In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Invincible2k2(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2014
About 850 soldiers shortlisted for a counter-terrorism course at the Nigerian Army Training Centre in Kontagora, Niger State narrowly escaped death when they were ambushed by suspected members of the outlawed Boko Haram islamist sect.

Four of them were however seriously injured in the incident which took place at a location between Okene and Lokoja, Kogi State on Sunday night.

A security source said on Monday that the soldiers were men of the 322 Artillery Battalion, and the Fourth Brigade Garrison, Ekeunwa, Benin in Edo State.

The PUNCH learnt that the 850 soldiers were expected to give fillip to the ongoing counter-terrorism operation in Borno and Adamawa states on completion of the counter- insurgency course.

Our source said there were suspicions that the attackers were insurgents because of the intensity of the gunfire directed at the vans conveying the soldiers from both sides of the road.

He added that the soldiers, who shot their way through the ambush, passed the night at the Nigeria Army formation in Lokoja.

The four injured soldiers, according to him, were taken to a military facility in Lokoja while the commanders of the troops addressed the others on Monday morning.

The source said, “There was an attack on soldiers along the Okene-Lokoja Road on Sunday night. Four of the soldiers were seriously wounded in the attack though all of them are still alive and are receiving treatment at Lokoja.

“The soldiers were on their way for a course at Kontagora, where they are expected to be deployed in the North-East for the war against the insurgents.

“The soldiers were pulled out from two military formations in Benin–the 322 Artillery Battalion and the Fourth Brigade Garrison in Ekeunwan, Benin.

“It was not long that the soldiers returned from a peacekeeping operation in Sudan; they were members of the NIBBATT 41 that returned to the country about two months ago.

“The soldiers were taken unawares as the attackers operated from both sides of the road and got four of the soldiers seriously wounded.

“However, they returned the fire and passed through to Lokoja where they were addressed the following morning. I believe as I talk to you that they must have left for Kotangora to participate in the planned course.”

The source said that there were feelings that somebody might have given out information on the movement of the troops from Benin to Kontagora.

Efforts to get the comment of the Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, on the latest ambush were futile as the calls to his mobile telephone indicated that it was switched off.

It will be recalled that about 190 Nigerian troops were ambushed by militants a few kilometres from Okene on January 19, 2013.

The militants were said to have cut through the convoy of Mali-bound Nigerian Army peacekeepers travelling in three luxury buses via Kaduna to Bamako, Mali.

They first hit the convoy with Improvised Explosive Devices planted on the highway before firing on the troops afterwards. Two soldiers were killed and several others injured during the attack.

A few days after the incident, a group, Jama’atu Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis-Sudan, claimed that it carried out the attack. The group is a break-away faction of Boko Haram.

Source: Punch news
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by adrainuche(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2014
shocked First of all i want to say Kudos to our gallant troops not all these. E warriors we have here on NL..
Secondly BH is now in Kogi this is the first time ave heard of this ....

FTC a dream come tru, I want to thank my step dad and my mum, and also my self for such perseverance, and my sister for believing in me... For those of you who would come here after me Have a wonderfull day.... From Kular Lumpur .... Be Good

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by justi4jesu(f): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2014
Reading through..
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by speaktome(m): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by fashoo2010(m): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
That's good
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Samiceman: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmmm, but these terrorists mumu ooo, how them think say Dem fit win against 850 soldiers?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Project400: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Great!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Saheed9: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Kontinu God is ur strength
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by yuzjet(m): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Kudos to our soldiers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by oathman(m): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
na dem sabi
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Sabotage

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by wellmax(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Good news. Tell the CTU agents say work don start be that oo
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Moblord(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Haba if 850 soldiers failed to repel that attack I will cry for this country o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by phransix147(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by obeenah40(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
And my friend was saying that Lokoja is safe and free from BH..

But if 850 soldiers can't repel And Counter Attack an Ambush, den what's the training for ?? Smh sha

But well...
There's no safe place than hiding under the Rock of Ages!!

Reminds me of one old song...
"Christ is my Rock, my refuge, my strong Hold...... "

*MODIFIED*

Since sunday and its just reaching frontpage now.
Mods there's God ohh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by donphilopus: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Boko Haram attacked a battalion of Soldiers moving from Edo to Niger in Kogi State?! Pathetic! These people should have known by now that in times like this, those soldiers should be flown instead of traveling by road cos Kogi is somehow. This' exacly how they were ambushed sometimes in 2013 or so in Kogi when they were going for peacekeeping mission in Mali.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by korel9: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmmm!! I smell sabotage there. undecided

I think Kogi should be quarantined, sorry put under surveilance. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by OLAplusONE(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Good job and weldone to the gallant soldiers. Keep the flag flying!!!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by MisterRight(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2014
See how people dey book space?
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by omonla555: 9:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank God for their lives
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Chidexter(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2014
God bless Nigeria and the Nigerian army. they risk their lives everyday for the sake of the masses. we shall win this war in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Saheed9: 9:37am On Sep 16, 2014
speaktome: .
speaktome: .
Samiceman: Ta
adrainuche: [left][/left]
justi4jesu: Reading through..
see them chasing front page

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Kanyol(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2014
Ok, four soldiers got injured. How many of the Boko haram members died? That's the only news I like to read. Death of Boko haram members

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2014
We need to use all we've gat on these terrorists! Fellow Nairalanders, always put our military in your prayers..
God Bless the federal republic of Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by butterflex: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2014
When is all these gonna end. I hope nigeria won't become another Iraq versus ISIS
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by ejikechibuzor(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Na wa o full stop na comment again? I bow to una o
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Mayor21(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Fine
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by justi4jesu(f): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Saheed9: see them chasing front page

I can sell mine cheap for u angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by stevolinkon40: 9:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Still reading
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by mencade5(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2014
hahahaha.....i have said this before. But some mofos were abusing me.

Muslims in kogi state like ebira tribe and igala people, including some yoruba muslims are more fanatical than the hausa muslims.
They will be use to penetrate more evils. They live and know us well than the isolated hausa men and kanuri people..

Nigeria be wise
I have seen them myself.

Make we dey watch oooo.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank God for rescuing them. Quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State by stano2(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank God for there lives....God Bless the Nigeria Army....as for the id1ots that carried out the attack ''PREPARE TO MEET UR VIRGINS''

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Reveals Condition For Voting After 2:30pm / Crowd In PDP Gombe Rally Chat "Sai Buhari" (video) / Arrest Obasanjo Now – Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.